Video shows what's wrong with Necros.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monarch.4026

Monarch.4026

This video explains how many of us feel about this class as it is. The player shows how terrible our survivabilty is against most classes and how DS doesn’t do one thing other than prolong our death.

I see so many people talking about how they think we are fine yet not one can show me a single shred of proof that shows that a necro can deal with anyone in a straight up fight. Usually it’s them kIlling people that aren’t even focused on them. This guy shows how in seconds our health can be ripped through and immediately put us on the defensive and keep us there the duration of the fight.

Please watch the whole video and listen to his commentary. This is a prime example of how impotent this profession is when it counts.

At 23:45 he even says he thinks we need buffs to damage and that condition is the only viable spec.

Several times he points out how in seconds his health drops by 25-50% even with toughness.

(edited by Monarch.4026)

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I skipped around for the first 20 minutes of it, and the guy appeared to be doing fine comparably to the amount of skill he was showing.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Monarch.4026

Really? He died every single fight almost. First 19 minutes was him dying multiple times in seconds. At 29:00 he faces a ranger and dies even though he got help towards the end. His skill level is average yet he can’t survive in any 1v1 fight. Are you telling me everyone he fought was better? Above average players, every time? No. It is much more plausible to state the obvious and that is that this class is broken and that other classes in the hands of average players are easier to be effective with.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tilron.2738

Tilron.2738

One vs one in WvW battles, I win most of the time. The few times I lose 1v1 is when I make a mistake or started the battle with some timers still running.

I have not done any spvp or Tpvp at all, nor do I play on it. WvW in group battles I am good enough to help not hurt.

In WvW I can live long enough for my team to run out of combat, regen and come back in fighting. The whole time I can keep the “enemies” busy and stay alive while I wait for my team to come back me up. That is key. Sure if I get rushed, I die quick but rarely do they focus on me as people believe Necro’s are weak. I disagree.

in Necromancer

Tilron.2738

Monarch – He is playing it wrong. Its that simple.
He should learn how to dodge once in a while, it might help. I watched 23 minutes and not a single dodge. Bad players will always be bad.

in Necromancer

Monarch.4026

Dodges, no matter how many he does do not make up for losing health that fast nor does it make up for his lack of damage. I didn’t see many of the people he fought dodge either yet they wiped the floor with him. He is not bad, he represents most average players out there, players that once again, would seem better playing a warrior or Mesmer, two classes I’ve played and are sooooo much easier to do well with.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chrono.2045

Chrono.2045

He should learn how to dodge once in a while, it might help. I watched 23 minutes and not a single dodge. Bad players will always be bad.

What video did YOU watch?

I’m 4:50 into it and he dodged the first guardian 3 times. 23 minutes and not a single dodge? Hrmm I must be imagining everything I’m seeing then.

in Necromancer

Monarch.4026

What video did YOU watch?

I’m 4:50 into it and he dodged the first guardian 3 times. 23 minutes and not a single dodge? Hrmm I must be imagining everything I’m seeing then.

The problem is most of these guys are posers and don’t even play necros. They come in here, high jack the thread and try to make you look like a noob. The video speaks for itself. Thx for pointing that out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bryker.5719

Bryker.5719

Just in the first few minutes of the video you can see how low his defenses are. 19k hp most likely low toughness as well. You can’t play a necro attempting to stack multiple conditions and bleeds over time and have low defense, it won’t work (and it shouldn’t). Playing the DoT game means you will need to sacrifice some dmg for survivability.

Morte Novella – Necromancer | Bryker – Guardian
(Jade Quarry) Team Savvy

in Necromancer

Monarch.4026

Just in the first few minutes of the video you can see how low his defenses are. 19k hp most likely low toughness as well. You can’t play a necro attempting to stack multiple conditions and bleeds over time and have low defense, it won’t work (and it shouldn’t). Playing the DoT game means you will need to sacrifice some dmg for survivability.

Yet 19k is still higher than most other professions that still do better and I doubt his toughness was low, in fact the fact his hp was low tells me he put most of his points into toughness because in SPvP his necklace will have either or. The fact he didn’t spend his points in vitality points more toward the fact that it went into toughness. He even says that at the beginning. Since he is condition specd, I highly doubt he put on healing accessories. It must have been toughness. He even says so I believe.

in Necromancer

alanis.6094

As far as not liking it when others disagree with me, well alanis disagreed and I simply refuted his argument and that was it.

Well, just because I didn’t reply doesn’t mean you ‘refuted’ my argument. I said he did fine based on his skill level, and I stand behind that. The guy didn’t play great, and didn’t play horrible — he’s just about mediocre and the video (that I saw) showed as much.

You also pointed out a specific fight vs. a Ranger, and note how the Necro died ‘despite help’. In the video, the Ranger dies first and the Necro dies/gets stomped by a different enemy. Sure looked like it was, at worst, a 2v2 at the end.

YOU are trolling and making false statements for which you were already reported once. Now unless you can prove your claims ( I have a video) then get the hell out of thread and take your lies and troll attempts somewhere else.

If possible, please post more like a normal human and less like an angry kid. There are several other forums (Guru, etc) that might be OK with this behavior.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bryker.5719

Bryker.5719

Again, defense isn’t just stacking one stat or the other. The best defense will have a good balance of both toughness and hp. One or the other will not get you there. Low hp with lots of toughness is just as bad as a ton of hp with no toughness. If you want to do DoT to kill in PvP/WvW you need to be able to live long enough for it to be effective. I will agree that necros at this point in time have a much, much harder time attempting to be as effective as other classes, but I see that as more of people unwilling to adopt or accept the roles available to the class and instead try to push it in the direction they think is best.

Morte Novella – Necromancer | Bryker – Guardian
(Jade Quarry) Team Savvy

in Necromancer

Monarch.4026

As far as not liking it when others disagree with me, well alanis disagreed and I simply refuted his argument and that was it.

Well, just because I didn’t reply doesn’t mean you ‘refuted’ my argument. I said he did fine based on his skill level, and I stand behind that. The guy didn’t play great, and didn’t play horrible — he’s just about mediocre and the video (that I saw) showed as much.

You also pointed out a specific fight vs. a Ranger, and note how the Necro died ‘despite help’. In the video, the Ranger dies first and the Necro dies/gets stomped by a different enemy. Sure looked like it was, at worst, a 2v2 at the end.

YOU are trolling and making false statements for which you were already reported once. Now unless you can prove your claims ( I have a video) then get the hell out of thread and take your lies and troll attempts somewhere else.

If possible, please post more like a normal human and less like an angry kid. There are several other forums (Guru, etc) that might be OK with this behavior.

Maybe refute was a bad word. More like I just disagreed and left it at that. Number 2, the fight wasn’t 2v2 till the end. It was 2v1 with the necro player already almost dead even though he had help. You still cannot make the over reaching statement thr he lost almost all of those fights just because he was a mediocre, I said average, player. The fights were way too decisive to try to use that excuse because it implies that ALL of his opponents were just better than he was. Sorry not buying it. Too mathematically improbable. Number 3, taking objection to me responding to a troll and a liar while not even objecting to his civil yet unacceptable behavior makes you a hypocrite. Maybe lying and making false statements is acceptable in your household but is not in mine and I’m gonna call someone out on it with or without your approval got it?

in Necromancer

Tilron.2738

@Monarch – you can report me all you want, all it will do is show that unless people agree with you, they are wrong and you will report them.

The guy dodged the guardian a few times but what about the other fights, he does not dodge as much or when he should, he is playing the class wrong and you are trying to use a poor player showing how not to play in pvp as your example of what is wrong with a Necro. The problem with your video is that you got a poor player doing poorly. That is normal.

I do not need to prove anything to you about the Necromancer class. People who learn how to play a Guild Wars 2 necromancer will be wanted and needed in groups, those of like you that refuse to adopt or change how you think a necromancer should be played will be weeded out.

Go play an easy profession if you do not want to learn to play this one correctly, nobody is stopping you.

Sure Minions are broken and a few traits might not work correctly but none of that has stopped my necro or my build from being successful.

Also, in another thread, you said people were bashing Life steal. I see page after page of people talking about Minions and how they are broken but I did not see anything about life steal. With my current build, I have 4 abilities that can heal me through out a battle, that is more than enough to keep me alive vs most PVE content.

in Necromancer

Tilron.2738

@MOnarch – What lies and false statments did I make. The guy in the video you linked clearly needs to learn to use the dodge function, he did use but not well and not when he should have. Examples of a poor player, not a mediocre player.

Also, I cannot be Trolling when I have a Lvl 80 Necromancer in Guild Wars 2 and I am talking about playing a necromancer in guild wars 2.

Necromancers are not an easy class to play, nor should they be, it is going to take more time to master this profession then others, that is not a bad thing, that is just how it is.

Sure there are bugs but nothing that cannot be overcome once you find the bugs. So right now a Minion build is not working correct, Necromancers are more then just minions.

Also Minions are Minions NOT PETs. Pets allow you to control them. Minions are summoned and have their own minds(AI) and yes the AI needs work but the Minions will never be pets and they will never always target what you are targetting unless they are meant to be pets and not minions but I am guess not as you do not get a pet control bar in this game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ogcali.6108

Ogcali.6108

I truly don’t want to troll you but i have been playing a condition necro and doing quite well in sPvP. Im on Dragonbrand and usually come in the top 1-2 for my group. sometimes the 1v1 can be hard as im crit bleed with not a lot of toughness. But with scepter/warhorn and staff and specin right, necros become a great viable option for support and ranging. Something to think about.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaalg.3217

Zaalg.3217

I have literally lost a single 1v1 in my time as a necromancer. It was against a ranger who blew me up so fast I still don’t know what happened. Other than that..have yet to see a class that can stand toe to toe vs. necro.

in Necromancer

alanis.6094

Just scrolling around the video, he sure did fine vs that warrior (and then 2v1 vs Ranger) around the 40~ min mark. It was one of the few times that he used DS and positioning well.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cik.6479

Cik.6479

Tilron, how about putting up your build with traits that I may try. Thanks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

One vs one in WvW battles, I win most of the time. The few times I lose 1v1 is when I make a mistake or started the battle with some timers still running.

I have not done any spvp or Tpvp at all, nor do I play on it. WvW in group battles I am good enough to help not hurt.

In WvW I can live long enough for my team to run out of combat, regen and come back in fighting. The whole time I can keep the “enemies” busy and stay alive while I wait for my team to come back me up. That is key. Sure if I get rushed, I die quick but rarely do they focus on me as people believe Necro’s are weak. I disagree.

No one cares about WvW balance. Even A.Net does not care about Prof balance in WvW.

Setnnex-Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rick.6751

Rick.6751

If you look at the other profession forums you will find people are raising similar issues about them too. They all have their advantages, flaws etc.

It will take a while to balance them but it will happen, make valid points and hopefully ANET will look into it.

in Necromancer

Tilron.2738

No one cares about WvW balance. Even A.Net does not care about Prof balance in WvW.

Why should a mini game be the thing that they balance professions around?

in Necromancer

Posted by: They are hashes.4523

They are hashes.4523

@ Tilron
sPvP and tPvp is not a mini-game, it is actually the Anet e-sports candidate.

Your opinions are limited to your experience in PvE and WvW. As you mentioned earlier that you do not play nor tPvP sPvP.

So please, try to stay on topic, as for now the comments you make are based on your personal opinions and are not realated to the video’s content.

(edited by They are hashes.4523)

in Necromancer

Posted by: BloodWorth.1978

BloodWorth.1978

Yes it was already stated they will not balance around WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Boomshakaboom.5403

Boomshakaboom.5403

This thread is so weak OMG a bad player lost what a surprise, if you can’t handle playing as a Necro leave them to those of us who can gg

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

I watched the entirety of that video recently and wondered afterwards why I wasted my time doing so. That player is like OP said; average. PvP is balanced at the highest level of play, tPvP, and at the highest caliber. Do you honestly think this video shows someone who has reached the skill ceiling and can do no further with the necromancer?

This is just like how balancing occurred in SC2; Blizzard doesn’t care about racial imbalances at bronze league, they look to grandmasters and masters.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Will.4165

Will.4165

Monarch, The person playing and doing the commentating is a very well know and respected dk/warlock in wow. He has a WAY above average skill in that game which should help him in some degree in this game. I think the movie you link is a decent illustration of a skilled player finding the blatant faults with this class. The people in this thread are either just not experienced enough in organized wvw or tpvp to see these faults. That said, i would honestly give up. Many many many necros from our community have simply rerolled because of the bugs and poor trait tree setup. If people want to stay with the necro, let them.

Tilron, WvW 1v1 is a horrible way to judge the status of our class. The simple fact that the enemy could be 60 levels lower then you can have a huge effect on the outcome of your 1v1 battle. In wvw i will take my grenadier engy over my condition necro any day, do more damage and have more survivability. But hey, to each their own, stay necro and tell the devs you don’t need a buff. More easy kills for me!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Monarch, The person playing and doing the commentating is a very well know and respected dk/warlock in wow. He has a WAY above average skill in that game which should help him in some degree in this game. I think the movie you link is a decent illustration of a skilled player finding the blatant faults with this class. The people in this thread are either just not experienced enough in organized wvw or tpvp to see these faults. That said, i would honestly give up. Many many many necros from our community have simply rerolled because of the bugs and poor trait tree setup. If people want to stay with the necro, let them.

Tilron, WvW 1v1 is a horrible way to judge the status of our class. The simple fact that the enemy could be 60 levels lower then you can have a huge effect on the outcome of your 1v1 battle. In wvw i will take my grenadier engy over my condition necro any day, do more damage and have more survivability. But hey, to each their own, stay necro and tell the devs you don’t need a buff. More easy kills for me!

How can you say he is a good player? Sorry but he just is not that good. Take the first fight he was in. He runs up and just spams all his staff skills. That is what bad players do. There is no reason to use 4 unless you have conditions on you, and 5 should be saved as a means of: getting some one off you, stopping stomps, or heals. I could go on about what he does wrong but whats the point.

He is a average player at best, while playing a necro. He might be good at wow but GW2 is not wow.

Setnnex-Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Boomshakaboom.5403

Boomshakaboom.5403

Who cares about who he is on WoW? WoW is a totally different game, you and him need to realise that, either adapt or die whinging