Viper build for fractals?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I have been gone for a long time. Three years I think? Anyway, I have a friend thats convinced me to come back for the expansion and I’ve been looking into what the current meta is for necromancers in PVE at the moment. Viper’s stats keep coming up but I seem to be having trouble finding the actual build for this. Metabattle.com isn’t any help as the comment section there for the only Viper’s build shown has people saying the build is very badly out of date.

Does anyone have a link to an up to date build for necromancer that uses Vipers?

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

for raids: https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/necromancer/condi-reaper/

For fractals or open world PvE, take this and change abit when needed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

Viper’s is the condi gear of choice for PvE and nothing is expected to change there. The Condi Necro meta will likely change to incorporate Scourge with the expansion, though.

in Necromancer

Kravick.4906

Looks like this build uses mostly sinisters, though. Is this one also out of date?

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

Looks like this build uses mostly sinisters, though. Is this one also out of date?

That’s a bit of a weird build made expressly to get the highest possible DPS against the golem. It relies in part on proccing Deathly Chill off of an Ice field with Whirl Finishers. Given how many fields drop in gameplay, this isn’t guaranteed or even likely outside of the golem.

The QT build also focused on bleeds. It uses Krait runes and just enough (actually a little too much) Viper’s to get 100% bleed duration. Other condis have much shorter durations. Necros have every condi on tap, so you’re leaving some damage on the table if you don’t go for as much global condi duration as possible.

I expect we’ll have a new Condi Necro meta with Scourge, but we’ll have to wait for the release to know for sure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Selendile.9106

Selendile.9106

Frankly, it may not be meta, but with the build suggested above (thanks in large part to Chilling Darkness), and with Viper/Rabid gear….I simply choose Weakening Shroud instead of Lingering Curse, and I can put up some serious damage wielding almost exclusively my greatsword. You’d be surprised how much blind/chill you can pump out. And constantly going into and out of shroud to use skills and proccing Weakening Shroud makes for a fun build. Oh, and yeah, I use the new Plaguelands elite.

Once again, I know it’s not meta, but frankly I’ve never really cared. This build carries me through T4 fractals with literally no problem.

- Sele

in Necromancer

Kravick.4906

That’s a bit of a weird build made expressly to get the highest possible DPS against the golem. It relies in part on proccing Deathly Chill off of an Ice field with Whirl Finishers. Given how many fields drop in gameplay, this isn’t guaranteed or even likely outside of the golem.

The QT build also focused on bleeds. It uses Krait runes and just enough (actually a little too much) Viper’s to get 100% bleed duration. Other condis have much shorter durations. Necros have every condi on tap, so you’re leaving some damage on the table if you don’t go for as much global condi duration as possible.

I expect we’ll have a new Condi Necro meta with Scourge, but we’ll have to wait for the release to know for sure.

So what would be the typical every day all round build then? Given my long absence, I’d like to become reacquainted with the mechanics before trying out niche or specialized builds. I am also unfamiliar with what QT means.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

If you don’t already have ascended viper gear I wouldn’t stress about getting it unless you want to dump a ton of time and resources into a meta that may change in 22 days

Vipers gear may still be the best for scourge, but if the expansions comes out and there’s a new 3-stat armor that has condi damage and expertise, or a 4 stat that has some crap like condition damage expertise healing power and vitality, those would pretty much immediately replace viper as the scourge meta.

I didn’t follow this advice myself because I wanted to get back into raiding asap, but if you’re not stressed about that then there’s no reason to jump the shark now. You can probably keep running whatever you were running 3 years ago and do fine.