Viper stats.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

I’m just now getting into HoT…

Q: Has anyone managed to get an ascended viper gear set yet ?… I’m curious of the exact stat differences between Viper, Sinister and Rampager… no one seems to know yet.

It makes a huge difference since the veggie pizza has gone down to +20% from 40%… absolutely all PvE condition builds have been effected by this.

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I got an exotic staff recipie.

It was 205 on the major stats (condi dmg and power)

And I THINK it was 113 on the minor stats (precision and expertise)

I wil check when I am at home later today.

Add 5% for ascended stats.

I’m curious as to what the other stat combos are. They said there were 6 and i’ve only seen 2.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Apparently…

Marauder: Power, Precision, Ferocity, Vitality.
Crusader: Power, Toughness, Ferocity, Healing Power.
Wanderer: Power, Vitality, Toughness, Concentration.
Minstrel: Toughness, Healing Power, Vitality, Concentration.
Commander: Power, Precision, Toughness, Concentration
Viper’s: Power, Condi, Precision, Expertise
Trailblazer: Toughness, Condi, Vitality, Expertise
Vigilant: Power, Tougness, Concentration, Expertise

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Apparently…

Distribution is apparently 108/108/59/59 .

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xecil.2798

Xecil.2798

Apparently…

Distribution is apparently 108/108/59/59 .

Are these values for exotic or ascended, though?

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The split would be the same, but I believe that is exotic.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

What’s your opinions on expertise, and what would be a good mix of armor trinkets and weapons to run for a condition build looking to maximize Condi duration but still maintain around 2k Condi damage?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Honestly don’t see a situation where expertise would be wanted except to maybe hit some duration thresholds that are important (like if you need just a tiny bit more duration for 100%, or 100% after minus effects or something), though its worth seeing if it beats out sinister in certain builds for PvE.

My PvP Minion Build

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Honestly don’t see a situation where expertise would be wanted except to maybe hit some duration thresholds that are important (like if you need just a tiny bit more duration for 100%, or 100% after minus effects or something), though its worth seeing if it beats out sinister in certain builds for PvE.

Of course you don’t… because you don’t understand the condition duration to condition damage ratios.
PS: “i haven’t taken Nemesis seriously since he try to claim necromancer does more DPS then warrior”. Who said that ?

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Condition duration is great, until conditions are cleansed before that extra duration causes more damage, which is going to happen in WvW/PvP.

My PvP Minion Build

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

That’s kinda what I’m thinking as well, With the nerf to food I’ll need to redo my dire Condi necro build for roaming a bit. But I think I can shave some Condi damage off and still be at 2k or near it.

The reason I like long condis is for things like chill, cripple and weakness, seems to do good as filler conditions to screw up cleanses when roaming. So I don’t mind sacrificing a bit of damage for that. Especially now since chill does damage with the trait. Plus having longer fears is always nice, but I don’t wanna take the Master of Terror taut unless I have to. If I can get 85 to 80 percent duration for everything with food buffs I’ll be happy.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Just take a look at the pvp stats and go from there. Marauder trinkets have 1050 1050 560 560, compared to 1200 900 900. Do the math to find out the % difference, then apply that to pve/wvw stat totals.

As far as expertise/concentration goes, I’ve heard it’s 15:1% conversion, but I can’t confirm.

Fishsticks

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

If you can spam damage conditions rapidly, you want condi damage over duration any day. Since people will inevitably cleanse, duration can be countered a lot easier. For example, guards can spam burn like crazy, so Sinister is a much better choice. I haven’t really tried condi necro, but with Reaper’s focus on chill, duration is likely better. I’d be curious what the duration spread is on a full set of of Viper, actually.. if you could increase the length of your chills by, say, 50%, that would be pretty great.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yamedo.2561

Yamedo.2561

how do i get viper recipe?

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

how do i get viper recipe?

The Exotic ones are bought from the Exalted Vendors. Not sure where the Ascended ones come from.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

Since condition duration is so much more valuable over damage I think it might be better to at least have Viper weapons to make up for the nerf in duration food. I’ve heard 15 points = 1% duration, so we’d need to make up 300 points to compensate for the food nerf.

Can anyone confirm if the 100% duration cap is still in effect? If there is no more cap then I think full Viper might be the best bet for condition reapers.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

Has anyone tested to see if we can convert our Ascended gear in the mystic forge with the new exotic insignias?

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I just logged in, yesterday, and chose a greatsword with expertise. 113 expertise was about 7.5% condition duration, iirc. Trading offensive stat’s for condition duration is not good for Necro-Reap. Our condition duration is a huge part of our sustain. On the other hand, other professions will have less direct damage or defensive stat’s with duration stat’s – a bit less “free” dps.

Really unhappy about pizza nerf.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TychoNewtonius.2189

TychoNewtonius.2189

Ascended vipers insignias drop from the exalted chests under tarir that you only get to when you kill all 4 Octavines successfully, according to rumour.

there are 3 tiers of chest down there and only the highest ones in the last room drop them.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

I have found a merchant who sells the ascended viper recipe… but he seems to be teleporting between places and he also requires exalted influence.

I will record her next time i see her…

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

The new stats are on legendaries to look at (and indeed equip). For a 2-hander the ascended/legendary numbers are:

Sinister

• 251 Condition Damage
  • 179 Power
  • 179 Precision

Viper’s

• 215 Power
  • 118 Precision
  • 215 Condition Damage
  • 118 Expertise (+7.86% Condition Duration)

So with Viper’s over Sinister you will lose some Condition Damage and Precision, but gain some Power and Condition Duration.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: numberbb.8724

numberbb.8724

Exotic
Power,Precision,ConditionDMG,Expertice

Armor
Head / 51,28,51,28
Sholder/ 38,21,38,21
Armor/ 115,63,115,63
Gloove/38,21,38,21
Leggings/ 77,42,77,42
Boots/ 38,21,38,21

//Total (Armor)
Power : 357
Presicion : 196
ConditionDMG : 357
Expertice : 196

One Handed weapon

Two Handed Weapon

//Condition Duration
1h = +20.5% (308)
2h = +20.6% (309)

zerker , sinister
419 , 299 , 299

(edited by numberbb.8724)

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knight Vanir.6921

Knight Vanir.6921

no need to get ascended recipes, you can use exotic ones to switch your ascended weapons/armor

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crusic.6531

Crusic.6531

where do you get the Trailblazer exotic insignia recipe?

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

Stats for ascended Viper armor/weapons:

Thank you!

so 14% condition duration on the armor and 7% condition duration on the weapons.

Looks like i’ll switch to Viper armor and weapons to make up for the food nerf and keep sinister trinkets for now.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

Did you craft the new pieces or were you able to Prefix change with Mystic Forge? I’m still working on getting my insignia, just wondering.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lasss.8169

Lasss.8169

You can change the prefix in the mystic forge.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: JirdyBirdy.9120

JirdyBirdy.9120

I’m using ascended Sinister trinkets because with the +20% condi duration from Viper armor/weapons, I have +100% fear duration, +80% confusion duration, +70% bleed duration, and a +50% duration for all other conditions (with consumables).

Help me out, I couldn’t find the recipe for ascended viper trinkets. Can you tell me who sell the recipe? Maybe I overlooked but I didn’t see it from the merchant who sell the armor recipe when I bought it.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

I’m using ascended Sinister trinkets because with the +20% condi duration from Viper armor/weapons, I have +100% fear duration, +80% confusion duration, +70% bleed duration, and a +50% duration for all other conditions (with consumables).

Basically I wanted to hit the +100% fear duration mark for synergy with Terror, then I invested the rest of my stats into offense via Sinister prefix.

How’s that setup working for you? Are you enjoying it more than straight Sinister?

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

Did you craft the new pieces or were you able to Prefix change with Mystic Forge? I’m still working on getting my insignia, just wondering.

I converted in the forge using the exotic insignias/inscriptions, which I bought from merchant in Auric Basin using the map currency.

Basically I wanted to hit the +100% fear duration mark for synergy with Terror, then I invested the rest of my stats into offense via Sinister prefix.

Oh that’s awesome to hear! Can’t wait to get my insignia now!

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ryphez.8250

ryphez.8250

How’s that setup working for you? Are you enjoying it more than straight Sinister?

For sure. It’s a half-way between a full burst condition (ie. Sinister) playstyle and a full sustained/DoT condition (ie. Viper) playstyle.

The condition duration from Viper will shine most in drawn out fights (WvW roaming 1v1s/skirmishes) and PvE boss fights. Yet I still also maintain fairly high condition damage from Sinister pieces for shorter fights and trash mobs.

Hands-down my favorite Necro stat setup I’ve used since I got the game.

It’s also worth considering that conditions like cripple, weakness, chill (unless you’re running Deathly Chill), and immobilize don’t benefit from condition damage, whereas all conditions benefit from condition duration. You could even include poison here, considering it tends to be more of a utility condition rather than a damage condition. That’s one of the main perks that gives value to investing in duration.

What build are you using? Sounds similar to what I want to be doing once I get my sinister jewelry!

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

Just FYI, Viper’s is broken right now, it doesn’t give you increased condition duration.

Hopefully they fix them soon.

Also anyone find Viper’s trinket’s yet?

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mintkola.3756

mintkola.3756

I think you get a trinket at from doing all HoT act 4 achievements you can choose stats on, don’t know if there are any more.

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SoyMilk.4260

SoyMilk.4260

Can someone please tell me the names of the exotic Viper’s trinkets? Also, where do get the recipes..?

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Can someone please tell me the names of the exotic Viper’s trinkets? Also, where do get the recipes..?

Names of the trinkets are black diamond orichalcum amulet/earring/ring and I got my recipes of the TP.

EverythingOP

Viper stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SoyMilk.4260

SoyMilk.4260

Thank you! edit

(edited by SoyMilk.4260)