Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Guys, guys! Good new, see latest patch notes

Tl:DR

Reaper Shroud hp decay (baseline) -25%
Necro shroud hp decay (baseline) -25%

Must say, usually i’m very mad with how anet does things for balance but this time they did it well. Sure it was a mistake, but they corrected it in less then 24 hours, due to heavy feedback, as it SHOULD! This happens to few for other crazy nerfs (and maybe if you think it’s still justified post why then then we could have some understanding). But anyway, for once right thing Anet. I think it’s first time ever you so clean and quickly mostly reverted a 50% nerf.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Well that’s something, I’ll take it.

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flubbernaut.9584

Flubbernaut.9584

GUYS GUYS GUYS
I am the man who created this thread and…. the devs listened to us

The devs actually listened to this trash can fire I and many others started

Thanks yall for your thoughts and protests

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It’s still not going to mean anything with SoS deleted lol.
The movespeed and shroud cdr needed to be boonless/persistent. Shroud now lasts 13s instead of 20s, which is still crap for SR.

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

GUYS GUYS GUYS

na m8 it was the reddit thread

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Good work, Flubbernaut.

It’s unfortunately not really addressing the issue of Shroud-focused specs, because the even more heavy handed Speed of Shadows nerf wasn’t addressed in the slightest.

But it’s something, and you helped give us at least a little. Not enough to even make us viable, but it’s something.

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Flubbernaut.9584

GUYS GUYS GUYS

Nah I’ll just take credit anyways

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

GUYS GUYS GUYS

guys it was me, I threaten to take it to popular video game sites.

The moral is threatening anet is effective. right?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

But what if I want to run reaper? What about f2p players? Are we not as important?

Necromancers as a whole are not importan to Anet. It’s common knowledge and you must be new.

People need to stop with these stupid comments or stuff like “no one at A.Net plays Necromancer” in their puddle of self-pity. You can apply and read these comments to EVERY profession, in each sub-forum when stuff got nerfed.

That being said: I agree with the general disappointment nontheless. Whenever I used Soul Reaping, Vital Persistence was a nobrainer to pick.

@spectral mastery: I assume they nerfed the 50% duration increase because they increased the duration of the skills themselves.

Well, with this recent buff to LF decay, Anet proved me right. They had to listen to this community because they know kitten about balance, quod erat demonstrandum.

These comments are not stupid, we are just asking for fair balance to this class, because we love it and a lot of people here will leave the game before re rolling an Ele.

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

I don’t think the 25% baseline is even close to enough compensation. There needs to be a full revert of all the trash trait changes like speed of shadows and relentless pursuit. With all the power creep even the old 50% was pretty inadequate in pvp, especially with shroud being our access to mobility/stability that is still weaker than almost every other class. The core class and reaper do not have to be destroyed to make room for a new elite spec.

Trait synergy with any trait procced on entering shroud was also pretty severely weakened as well.

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

I don’t think the 25% baseline is even close to enough compensation. There needs to be a full revert of all the trash trait changes like speed of shadows and relentless pursuit. With all the power creep even the old 50% was pretty inadequate in pvp, especially with shroud being our access to mobility/stability that is still weaker than almost every other class. The core class and reaper do not have to be destroyed to make room for a new elite spec.

Trait synergy with any trait procced on entering shroud was also pretty severely weakened as well.

Hopefully the issue won’t be swept under the rug, but it feels today’s change was just that.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Agree they destroyed the shroud to force us to use the new spec that even when you read/ see it seem weaker.. and on pvp it was hard for necro now it will be a hide and pray game lol jokes aside its not going to be preatty

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

IMO thread can be closed.

GJ all , we did it

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Flubbernaut.9584

IMO thread can be closed.

GJ all , we did it

Do I have to?… I felt so important…. sniff

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

It’s still not going to mean anything with SoS deleted lol.
The movespeed and shroud cdr needed to be boonless/persistent. Shroud now lasts 13s instead of 20s, which is still crap for SR.

Some guy in the other thread just tested this to be wrong. Its working as intended, went from 50>25>33.3

Vital Persistence nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Well its significantly better now, could be really nice with the signet trait and signet of undeath.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.