WHorn or Focus for WvW?

WHorn or Focus for WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

I like the Whorn for the Locust swarm speed boost but would the Focus offer more in WvW small scale fights?

Edit – Forgot to say – This is for a Power necro

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

(edited by Budchgon.2108)

WHorn or Focus for WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saschare.2049

Saschare.2049

Small scale encounters – focus. Fast LF generation, big hits, vulnerability, and regen. Just awesome.

Big encounters – WH. Each locust can hit for about 500 dmg, so it’s much

WHorn or Focus for WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

Focus. Why? Personal experience. I don’t much like the WH because the stun is soooo iffy and the Locust Swarm is really only good if you need HP, assuming you have any “On-hit” or “On-Crit-Hit” healing…

Though, I also don’t go zerging a lot…

If you are going to zerg it up a lot, go with staff and D/F or D/D. The D/F or D/D come in handy for the 1v1 fights. Staff is disgusting for zerg fights from what I have experienced…because it hits everything within the range of the grasping hand…and the greater marks trait is a must have.

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

(edited by Kitedyou.1720)

WHorn or Focus for WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saschare.2049

Saschare.2049

Greater Marks? Not really now for me, no.
I use 30/0/10/0/30 and no need of Greater Marks, still seeing to tag 4-5 people with a little smaller radius. And the autoattack is awesome – lifeforce, damge and pop in DS

WHorn or Focus for WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: psygate.5632

psygate.5632

Greater Marks? Not really now for me, no.
I use 30/0/10/0/30 and no need of Greater Marks, still seeing to tag 4-5 people with a little smaller radius. And the autoattack is awesome – lifeforce, damge and pop in DS

I don’t use great marks either, although I run 30/30/0/0/10, for gluttony and Path of Midnight. Scepter, Dagger – Staff. Offhand dagger and scepter 2 are just enough to strip aegis and prepare for marks.

Nostalgyus-Necromancer (Kodash)