WOC and Corrupt Boon - Removal Order

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Just thought I would leave this here. After arguing with my guild leader for quite a while, we went in and verified that the following order is how boons are removed with WOC and corrupt boon – every time. (taken from a reddit post and corrected where it was wrong)

Well of Corruption/Corrupt Boon

1st protection
2nd swiftness
3rd regeneration
4th retaliation
5th fury
6th might
7th vigor
8th aegis
Last stability

So if you thought you were every going to pull stability off a guardian after he casts “save yourself” then stability, its not a matter of being lucky, its basically impossible.

Wrong or right, it is certainly something to keep in mind if. Casting corrupt boon to remove stability is only going to work if they have less than 5 buffs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Do you know if this order also applies to boon removal skills, such as Spinal Shivers?

Edit: If this applies to everything, that would sort of make protection / swiftness / regen ‘cover boons’.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I did not try with spinal shivers. I do know that the null field from mesmers seems to be removing boons at random (which would make sense for them i guess). I will try to test shivers tomorrow.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Funnily enough, thief’s Larcenous Strike prioritizes stability above everything else.

in Necromancer

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

You didn’t believe me… smh

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

Then we’ll just Spinal Shiver first (8 boons to 5), then Corrupt Boon (5-0) feared, that should do it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Vem.8649

Lord Vem.8649

Good work on doing this research guys. Very helpful to know.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Huh, yea this is news, I was always hoping my well of corruption was cleaning out stabilitys but it appears thats very unlikely. Swiftness is fortunately a good one to corrupt, making it a hefty speed bump, but the rest is kind of meh. Was wondering why I never seemed to fear anyone running through.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: boneduste.4023

boneduste.4023

Thanks for the post Rennoko. I found a post that is much older (last year) that tested WoC and found nearly the same order. Tried to convince fellow necros that CorruptBoon was a better choice. Even now with only 5 boons I think it is much better than WoC.

You can argue that it’s 1 boon off up to 5 people every second for 5 seconds, but WvW has become more of a ‘push right through, don’t stop’, which means you might get 10 people in the well for 1-2 pulses before they double-dodge roll through it or just walk through it (can’t take more than 1 second to walk the radius of a well). Also, wells are blockable.

Would be nice if they updated the wiki to show the corruption order. If you look at WoC it shows what gets boon gets converted into what condition, but the order alphabetical by boon.

(edited by boneduste.4023)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

This seems like a pretty substantial nerf vs guardians, and specifically bunkers. Especially with so much of our burst dependent on terror, they can now build to ‘cover’ their stability just like we cover our conditions, except with even more assurance.

Likewise anyone running max lyssa runes or anything else that can fire up massive boons at once.

in Necromancer

Kilger.5490

Thanks for the post Rennoko. I found a post that is much older (last year) that tested WoC and found nearly the same order. Tried to convince fellow necros that CorruptBoon was a better choice. Even now with only 5 boons I think it is much better than WoC.

You can argue that it’s 1 boon off up to 5 people every second for 5 seconds, but WvW has become more of a ‘push right through, don’t stop’, which means you might get 10 people in the well for 1-2 pulses before they double-dodge roll through it or just walk through it (can’t take more than 1 second to walk the radius of a well). Also, wells are blockable.

Would be nice if they updated the wiki to show the corruption order. If you look at WoC it shows what gets boon gets converted into what condition, but the order alphabetical by boon.

Nice thing is though, swiftness if a very common buff and second on the lst. Once corrupted to cripple they’ll take another pulse at least.

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

boneduste.4023

Nice thing is though, swiftness if a very common buff and second on the lst. Once corrupted to cripple they’ll take another pulse at least.

Can you not dodge while crippled?

in Necromancer

Kilger.5490

Not sure what your point is, you can dodge crippled or not. Still better chance you’ll take another pulse if crippled.

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

boneduste.4023

Not sure what your point is, you can dodge crippled or not. Still better chance you’ll take another pulse if crippled.

I walk into the well and get crippled, I dodge. One pulse.

in Necromancer

Kilger.5490

Dodge twice and take none. Your point? Dodge is good? No argument there…

In fact you can dodge and avoid anything in the game. This makes the skill no good? Gotta make your argument more clear bud.

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

(edited by Kilger.5490)

in Necromancer

boneduste.4023

Dodge twice and take none. Your point? Dodge is good? No argument there…

In fact you can dodge and avoid anything in the game. This makes the skill no good? Gotta make your argument more clear bud.

I was commenting on the person who posted that with a WoC swiftness would be converted into cripple which would cause the enemy to be in the Well for one more pulse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Why is it that stability is last? Why is it not random like nullification?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

1) It’d be best if you’d make new threads instead of reviving ancient ones
2) Mesmers are all about the random
3) They probably were thinking about the person defending more than the attacker when they had priority systems for us. For example the thief steal prioritizes stab (IIRC), because it is by far the most useful for them to pick up. However, ours were probably looked at from the POV of the defender, who wants stability gone last.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Duke you troll… why are you in my forums?

On topic if you must necro the thread.

For those that don’t know, no matter what order you cast the stability in, it is always removed last, making it nearly literally impossible to remove since they cut the legs out from under corrupt boon months ago. Say the target has 6 boons including stability, and I CB. He now has just stability, if he buffs himself with 3-4 more boons, and I try to well of corruption off stability, it will not be removed until all those new boons are gone.

My guess is it is just easier to code. If target has X boons, remove in this order, and they don’t have to keep up with boon position or order that way. “random” removal for necro wells would be strange if they really intend that mechanic to be a mesmer thing.

They SHOULD have done it to where the position or time the staibility cast effected when it was removed. IE if you cast 5 boons and THEN stablity, it is “covered” from removal and is removed 5th. If you start with stability, it gets removed first.

Play and counter play with that would be very nice…. currently the hammer train is invincible because of this, and that is the reason why it is so annoying to fight against because it literally has no counter. You -cannot- rip the stability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

Idea:
Grandmaster trait that prioritizes boon removal (Stability, Protection, Regen) then put it in Blood. Unused tree gets new life and WvW gets a new tactic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Idea:
Grandmaster trait that prioritizes boon removal (Stability, Protection, Regen) then put it in Blood. Unused tree gets new life and WvW gets a new tactic.

Not worth a GM at all.

Rennoko’s idea makes the most sense; make them work like conditions (I’m pretty sure the game already tracks them in the same way).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build