WP going through Scourge

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Hey,

Link below has WP going through all the elite spec stuff. Skip to 1:40.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/163637673

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Sure brief overview:

Mechanic skill 1: Summon shade. Using shade skill strikes foes around you and the shades doing torment and cripple.
Mechanic skill 2: Use LF. Convert 2 condi to boons. Targets affected one once per cast. 5s cooldown
Mechanic skill 3: Use LF. Grant barrier to allies. Targets affected one once per cast. 8s cooldown
Mechanic skill 4: Use LF. Fear targets around you and shades. Targets affected one once per cast. 15s cooldown
Mechanic skill5 5: Lasts 6s, pulses 7 times. Does damage and 2 stacks of torment around you and shades. Targets affected one once per pulse. 20s cooldown.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Skills:

Heal: Barrer and heal. Criple and torment enemies. 20s cooldown
Utility 1: Leave burning trait thats grants swiftness to allies.1 Boon converted to torment and cripple. stun break. 20s cooldown.
Utility 2: Gain lf ( its 10% but its 5 targets, unsure if its per target struck..). Grant might and convert boon 1 to condi and torment
Elite: 5 pulses. Convert boon to torment and cripple. Grant might and slow enemies. 60s cooldown.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Traits:
Top:
1.Granting ally barrier removes condi and grants might.
2. Summon shade grants barrier to allies around shade.
3. Only summon 1 shade. recharges faster, greater aoe, affects more targets.
Mid:
1. Torch cooldown 20%. 7% of condi to expertise.
2. 20% punishment skill cooldown. Punishment skills make next shade to inflict burning.
3. Torment does 33% more damage. Tormenting foe causes burning. 3s per target ICD.

Bottom:
1.Gain lf for every boon removed or corrupted
2. Summon shade corrupts boon on targets near it.
3. when removing a boon, gain that boon.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Scourge being good in raids will really depend on whether or not the class is able to put out competitive DPS at the same time as providing these mediocre buffs.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

Cheers Sigmoid for copying all this out!

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This will be insanely OP in pvp. The cds are so short

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Cheers Sigmoid for copying all this out!

I was going to go full details but would be too much typing or screen capping.

Things I noticed. One thing to not though is the mechanic skill number 1 doesnt stats that targets can only be effected once. He was using a sage amulet so the damage does is about 0.5coeffs so 2 in all. None of the other shade skills have any cast time so you should be able to get some interesting burst out of it if it works this way. Also, Dhuumfire burst with this and other burn skills.

Secondly…WTH is with the grievous stat set? POWER/CONDI/perc/fero…jesus. Hybrid Damage Wars 2: Path of Hyrbid incoming.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Utility 3:
Plunge into the ground, creating a portal through Tyria for allied use. Grant allies using this passage a health barrier. + convert 1 boon into torment and cripple. 28 sec cooldown.

Torch 1:
Unleash a wave of corrupted fire, burn and torment for enemies, 16 sec cd

Torch 2
Corrupt the ground under your foe, if the foe remains in the area they are knocked down(2s) +torment. Allies gain might based on the # of conditions on the target. 20 sec cd.

Also to note: The shade skills inherit the DS traits, but in a weird way. For example the 5th skill gives the fury from the curses line. Most likely they swap these around a bit.

(edited by Brujeria.7536)

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

More look at all the stuffs. After 3 mins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nflQFIFnpVo&feature=youtu.be&t=205

Portal?

Torch seems to be an aoe flame wave and an aoe knockdown.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

As a duelist maybe, however it’s total glass. The barrier mechanic is weaker for personal survivability compared to shroud. We are going to be even more vulnerable to being tunneled.

Basically it’s going to be glass boonhate cannon for us.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Found this, it shows a lot too.
http://imgur.com/a/iIPq6

This honestly looks insane. So much Torment and Burning.

For PvE this looks amazing, I don’t know about PvP.

(edited by Kam.4092)

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I think the scourge will be pretty good at zone control. The whole point is to kite I guess. Cripple is fairly useless in pvp though.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i assume scourge meta build will be curses, soul reaping and scourge (ofc).
curses for bleed and scepter,
soul for dhuumfire and recharges
scourge gets torment DMG increase, traited expertise, burning on torment and burning on shroud skills after using punishment skills.

i expect torment sigil/tormenting rune to be tested and possibly used. especially the sigil
maybe smoldering
probably sinister gear will come back but not sure.

there also seems to be a might generating build which probably will be able to upkeep 25 might on allies with aristocracy runes, but obviously won’t be optimal with war/ele doing better job at it (ele gives better dps and warrior gives unique buffs).

the rotation will obviously involve scepter/dagger and torch rotating through with blood is power, F1 skills and possibly new utilities. i expect plaguelands to still be the dps elite skill.

since F skills only affect once per target, in pve we won’t have to upkeep more than one soul active. they have a casting time and spawning new ones doesn’t add dps. (unless boss moved so you have to place a new one). and maybe dhuumfire works only “on spawn” of f1, then we might have to spam new f1. we will see

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Dhuumfire functionality with the new F1 has got be on hit when your sand shade strikes from you using shade skills like Nefarious Favor/Sand Cascade/Garish Pillar/Desert Shroud. I mean, it is technically your F1 hitting.

Attachments:

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I still see no survavibility in that elite specializzation.
Our class problem is not boon corrupt or manage conditions, we are “bad” because we’re too easy to kill. And that elite don’t grant us any kind of survavibility. More than that, that elite make us even easier to kill than before!
If we look to the total of the Fx+heal skills we obtain more or less 12k of barrier. Basicly If someone chose to kill us we have to spend a lot of LF and our heals only to die faster than before.
I’m a little sceptic about the use of that elite in serious high level sPvP…

There’s some really interesting skills and in PvE (or eventually WvW zerg) that elite will find a good spot in every team.

Shades seems interesting But…if you don’t active a Fx they do absolutly Nothing…and that make them barely useless…even if traited with dhuumfire…
The shades can be good only if you enter the Desert Shroud, granting to them and you to spam torment+Burn, otherways they’re Totally useless to inflict damage.
But there’s another problem about that for the sPvP: 180 radius.
You’re forced to play with a Pure Glass build and to inflict torment you need to stay near your enemy? Really?
That can be good if you can spam your shades all on the mid, active the DS and then run away, making that combo really OP. But there’s another thing that come to my mind: that shades…have they a HP bar? Can the enemy destroy them? If yes: too weak and useless. If no: insanely OP and soon hugely nerfed.

The other skills are good and grant different kind of support to the team. Boon corrupt, condition convert for allies, weak barriers, swiftenss and might.

More I look to that skills more I see that there’s a Huge spam of Cripple, Boon Corruption/Convertion and lesser survavibility than before, with a decent amount of damage but not so much more than what we can do with the actual Reaper Elite Specializzation (expecially for the Fx abilities).

The thing I see more than all is that we don’t obtain any real new role using that elite…
We obtain few really weak barriers and nothing more. We can clean conditions from allies instead of steal them to send back to the enemy with Plague signet, but that’s only a different way to do the same thing as before, we can grant 5 might every 16 seconds, but actually we can grant 10 might every 20 seconds if we want, we obtain boon corruption and cripple spam but we can do the same right now, only with different skills… Also looking to the amount of Cripple every skill inflict there’s a chance that ANet want to force us to use that cripple+swiftness from our skills to defend us, as they wanted to do with chill… a thing that never worked and never will work…

In a sPvP area I see this new elite with pessimism. No survavibility at all, no new role, no enhanced damage. The only good things I see are the elite (because spam Slow), the torch 5 that grant a knockdown (I found it in another post) and the trait that grant you all the boons that you remove/convert, really huge thing if you fight against a ele or a scrapper, but actually only Few classes rely on boons to kill someone, expecially a necromancer, and in PvE mobs don’t use boons…or at last they actuually don’t use boons. It can be really strong in WvW, where you can corrupt boons all the time long.

All the other things are really good but don’t grant us all that Support, all that damage or any kind of survavibility that I expected from a Support Elite Specializzation.

I hope to be too much pessimist or that elite will be Really Bad for sPvP and not so good for PvE.

(edited by Silv.9207)

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: bloodravn.3640

bloodravn.3640

I was cautiously optimistic about Scourge going into this… but this has completely turned me off from it, not at all what I was expecting.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

I’m so happy with this. Check my post history, I’ve been running trailblazer’s dhuumfire since hot came out. Depending on how the dhuumfire interacts with the f1, I’m just going to become more unkillable and more powerful. I love this.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Scourge looks pretty terrible for any PvP scenario. I could see maybe wanting one or two in a WvW zerg, but overall, I just don’t see how this spec really fits anywhere with previewed numbers and effects.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

I still see no survavibility in that elite specializzation.
Our class problem is not boon corrupt or manage conditions, we are “bad” because we’re too easy to kill. And that elite don’t grant us any kind of survavibility. More than that, that elite make us even easier to kill than before!
If we look to the total of the Fx+heal skills we obtain more or less 12k of barrier. Basicly If someone chose to kill us we have to spend a lot of LF and our heals only to die faster than before.
I’m a little sceptic about the use of that elite in serious high level sPvP…

There’s some really interesting skills and in PvE (or eventually WvW zerg) that elite will find a good spot in every team.

Shades seems interesting But…if you don’t active a Fx they do absolutly Nothing…and that make them barely useless…even if traited with dhuumfire…
The shades can be good only if you enter the Desert Shroud, granting to them and you to spam torment+Burn, otherways they’re Totally useless to inflict damage.
But there’s another problem about that for the sPvP: 180 radius.
You’re forced to play with a Pure Glass build and to inflict torment you need to stay near your enemy? Really?
That can be good if you can spam your shades all on the mid, active the DS and then run away, making that combo really OP. But there’s another thing that come to my mind: that shades…have they a HP bar? Can the enemy destroy them? If yes: too weak and useless. If no: insanely OP and soon hugely nerfed.

The other skills are good and grant different kind of support to the team. Boon corrupt, condition convert for allies, weak barriers, swiftenss and might.

More I look to that skills more I see that there’s a Huge spam of Cripple, Boon Corruption/Convertion and lesser survavibility than before, with a decent amount of damage but not so much more than what we can do with the actual Reaper Elite Specializzation (expecially for the Fx abilities).

The thing I see more than all is that we don’t obtain any real new role using that elite…
We obtain few really weak barriers and nothing more. We can clean conditions from allies instead of steal them to send back to the enemy with Plague signet, but that’s only a different way to do the same thing as before, we can grant 5 might every 16 seconds, but actually we can grant 10 might every 20 seconds if we want, we obtain boon corruption and cripple spam but we can do the same right now, only with different skills… Also looking to the amount of Cripple every skill inflict there’s a chance that ANet want to force us to use that cripple+swiftness from our skills to defend us, as they wanted to do with chill… a thing that never worked and never will work…

In a sPvP area I see this new elite with pessimism. No survavibility at all, no new role, no enhanced damage. The only good things I see are the elite (because spam Slow), the torch 5 that grant a knockdown (I found it in another post) and the trait that grant you all the boons that you remove/convert, really huge thing if you fight against a ele or a scrapper, but actually only Few classes rely on boons to kill someone, expecially a necromancer, and in PvE mobs don’t use boons…or at last they actuually don’t use boons. It can be really strong in WvW, where you can corrupt boons all the time long.

All the other things are really good but don’t grant us all that Support, all that damage or any kind of survavibility that I expected from a Support Elite Specializzation.

I hope to be too much pessimist or that elite will be Really Bad for sPvP and not so good for PvE.

No stability in the WP video either. If this class has no stability then it will get ping ponged around and then die

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No Stability, no Vigor, no Blinds, no blocks or other evades granted by the spec.

I don’t see how the Scourge is supposed to survive anything other than another Scourge.

I’m a Geeleiver

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

No Stability, no Vigor, no Blinds, no blocks or other evades granted by the spec.

I don’t see how the Scourge is supposed to survive anything other than another Scourge.

Going to be funny to see how quickly the scourge dies to headshot spam and PI from thieves. Scourge wont cast a skill and will get 100-0ed in seconds.

Take away death shroud and necro is awful because it has none of those things listed.

Balance will be horrible at release as they do balance by two devs duelling on keep on forest.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Going to be funny to see how quickly the scourge dies to headshot spam and PI from thieves. Scourge wont cast a skill and will get 100-0ed in seconds.

Take away death shroud and necro is awful because it has none of those things listed.

Balance will be horrible at release as they do balance by two devs duelling on keep on forest.

Pulmunory Impact wont be much of a concern for probably the first month, since all the thieves will be using Deadeye, but yeah, same deal.

I’m a Geeleiver

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Pulmunory Impact wont be much of a concern for probably the first month, since all the thieves will be using Deadeye, but yeah, same deal.

I’m pretty sure deadeye will be just as brutal to scourge. Even with Deadeye’s reduce mobility compared to daredevil, it will still be able to run necros in circles while being able to rain 2k range damage on us.

Honestly deadeye will probably be harder for necros to deal with than daredevil.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

Fresh air has always been a counter to necro specs too. With a decent fresh air spec you will get 100-0 ed by auto attacks from an ele. This game will be unplayable from a pvp perspective for at least 12 months after the expansion as the balance will be horrible due to no testing, and then it will take them 12 months to fix it as they only do minor changes every 4 months

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Fresh air has always been a counter to necro specs too. With a decent fresh air spec you will get 100-0 ed by auto attacks from an ele. This game will be unplayable from a pvp perspective for at least 12 months after the expansion as the balance will be horrible due to no testing, and then it will take them 12 months to fix it as they only do minor changes every 4 months

And looking at some of the traits, Weaver will bring Fresh Air specs back with a vengeance.

I’m a Geeleiver

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

And looking at some of the traits, Weaver will bring Fresh Air specs back with a vengeance.

Then no necro spec will be viable. Necro is really bad vs blinds and auto attack damage because of a slow attack rate (makes blinds OP vs necro) and no dodges/evades/blocks (makes auto attack OP vs necro)

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Gaara of the Hidden Sand village

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzara Nectum.1734

Azzara Nectum.1734

Gaara had awesome blocks though … Scourge however….

— Slave of the Free World —

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

From the look of it, it would probably be “viable” if they were to double all might duration of the espec so that the necromancer can at least maintain a few might stack as well as doing it’s job.

The spec is doomed to be frail at melee range but might be usefull as a backliner. The traitlines seem promising. The torch have a good taste of an offensive aoe range off hand (which is satisfying). Torment is another irony on this spec for the necromancer but, well it’s “okay”.

No really, I guess the only thing that this spec really need is a huge increase in the might duration of it’s skills and traits. Everything else, the necromancer can do with it but if we want to support we at least need to be a barely passable might provider and for this we will need to be able to maintain the few might stack that we will provide without having to invest everything we can into might duration.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Not a necro main, but man this is gonna be so much fun in WvW!!

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jinn Galen.2468

Jinn Galen.2468

Gaara had awesome blocks though … Scourge however….

Not just blocks. He had a better shroud too.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Just a thought. The torment damage increase means that it’s as strong as bleed on a non moving target but on a moving target 1 stack of tomrent is essentially 2 stacks of bleed.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

random idea:

-if new torch is offensive aoe offhand, where is the defensive offhand?

i mean focus is running strong into 6th year of bugged trashery…

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

All the new elite specs will be insanely OP in pvp, just like when HoT launched, they need to sell the expantion, once the sales slow down they will all get nerfed.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

All the new elite specs will be insanely OP in pvp, just like when HoT launched, they need to sell the expantion, once the sales slow down they will all get nerfed.

Except Scourge. Slow damage output plus no survivability tools means the elite spec is worthless in PvP.

Also, notice how they managed to make life force more important as a resource on condition specs, which have a difficult time building life force without Reaper?

I’m a Geeleiver

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

There are a lot of advantages that come with scourge in terms of survivability. The problem i see is there will be no support spec at all to heal it besides guard maybe. Barrier is good cause it counters physical and condition damage. You can receive heals through it which is great. I think in 1v1 it can be a rly strong spec in teamfight tho it needs again a good support and probably there is none.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

Except Scourge. Slow damage output plus no survivability tools means the elite spec is worthless in PvP.

Also, notice how they managed to make life force more important as a resource on condition specs, which have a difficult time building life force without Reaper?

Feast of Corruption will give 13% LIfe Force at least every 10 seconds, and the minor Soul Reaping Trait Gluttony increases Life Force from skills by 10%, then add higher Life Force, and Life Force that Drains Slower. I’m talking about PvE though.

There’s also a Trait that adds 5% Life Force whenever removing or Corrupting a Boon, I think it stacks too in Scourge.

(edited by Kam.4092)

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

OK – on lack of defensive options – people, “Barrier” is a temporary hitpoint buff mechanic. Depending on how often the Scourge/Shade mechanic works and how large the “Barrier” temp HP buff can be is unknown (probably modified by stats). The difference for Necros is this looks like an AoE party support buff mainly and could be very strong.

The BIG ISSUE is really lack of mobility. If Reaper is replacing Scourge, the Shroud 2 Death’s Charge ability is no longer available and I don’t see any other options in Scourge line which means the Necro/Scourge is a sitting duck.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Will I get to raid in this? I don’t see big damage numbers and I don’t see group buffs (to damage) that people want.

Even if future raid bosses are full of boons, that woo the help with the existing bosses.

Also, I am disappointed that I will have to buy some sort of 20 button mouse in order to play this specialization.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

Will I get to raid in this? I don’t see big damage numbers and I don’t see group buffs (to damage) that people want.

Even if future raid bosses are full of boons, that woo the help with the existing bosses.

Also, I am disappointed that I will have to buy some sort of 20 button mouse in order to play this specialization.

maybe, the build can do a lot of torment and a fair bit of burn damage, esp with the trait that increases torment damage by 33%, however condi food/utility is getting a heavy nerf so every condi class will suffer.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

Deathly Chill added about 5k DPS. Scourge will make up for this for sure.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

I still have a glimmer of hope that they add a group buff like 150/300 expertise to 10 targets just like for the other classes to further justify the spot in raids.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

maybe, the build can do a lot of torment and a fair bit of burn damage, esp with the trait that increases torment damage by 33%, however condi food/utility is getting a heavy nerf so every condi class will suffer.

Well… torment… From the look of it, the main source of torment of the spec are the shard which are caped at 3 with a 15 second cd between each other and, yes, static. Those shard passively apply 2 second torment (probably every 1.5 second like plague form use to). Theoretically against a static target you can maintain 6-8 torments stack and burst it to a lot more by burning all your cool down. It’s undeniably good for pvp area denial, the utilities are usefull for wvw zerg support but for PvE… Let’s be honest, for pve you’d rather not take the 33% torment damage trait. That would be a waste. I think that keeping with the bleeds as main condition and only relying on torment and burn as secondary damage conditions will be the PvE path of damage and most likely the trait that will be taken is the one that only allow 1 shard but on a shorter cool down and with a greater efficiency.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

As i understand the shards only attack on ur f2 f3 f4 f5 use.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

so does dhuumfire work with this new elite?

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Well… torment… From the look of it, the main source of torment of the spec are the shard which are caped at 3 with a 15 second cd between each other and, yes, static. Those shard passively apply 2 second torment (probably every 1.5 second like plague form use to). Theoretically against a static target you can maintain 6-8 torments stack and burst it to a lot more by burning all your cool down. It’s undeniably good for pvp area denial, the utilities are usefull for wvw zerg support but for PvE… Let’s be honest, for pve you’d rather not take the 33% torment damage trait. That would be a waste. I think that keeping with the bleeds as main condition and only relying on torment and burn as secondary damage conditions will be the PvE path of damage and most likely the trait that will be taken is the one that only allow 1 shard but on a shorter cool down and with a greater efficiency.

Shades are static and that’s a problem, but in sPvP shades can be a chance to obtain some kind of area control, like the engi turret.
The main problem (a really big one) is that this Shades attack ONLY when you active a F1-2-3-4-5 skill… That mean that if you don’t active any Fx skill your shades don’t cast any kind of skill, doing no damage.
The other problem is: 3 shades activated with Desert Shroud will inflict up to 21 stacks of Torment over 6 seconds (still if not ticking at the same time because they last only 2 sec, it’s still 21 stacks of -trait powred- Torment).
The same for the Burn if you use Dhuumfire! You will stack up to 21 stacks of Burn! (plus few more with the scourge traits).
I didn’t add the torment/burn granted by you (other 7 stacks of each) because only a fool will run into the mid with a elite specializzation like this one. if with the reaper is already a risky thing, with scourge you will only die for nothing.
That will grant us to spam an INSANE amount of Torment+Burn and will make the Scourge Feared by everyone!

That will also increase even more the “kill the necro first” game, with now a elite that don’t grant us any kind of survavibility.
Only the teleport seems to be good, but you can’t compare a single teleport to all the teleports and leaps the other classes have.

I already see thieves searching for scourges with they’re new shining Rifle and they’re Malice to burst us down in few seconds with damage and CC without granting us any way to survive.

But without the Desert Shroud you will do absolutly nothing with that Shadows and they will stay there doing nothing and looking to you dying near of them.

That elite have the potential to inflict a really Insane condition damage and corrupt boons all the day long (and also obtain teh corrupted boons, that is the real strength of this elite!), with few easly ignored support abilities (still if it’s a support elite…).
The thing that make me fear is that there’s nothing to keep that support elite Alive.

That Elite Specializzation will bring a new thing to this game that never was before: the first Support Class that Need Another Support Class (different from himself) to Survive!
A really new achievement for this game that we didn’t even wondered about.

(edited by Silv.9207)

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Only the teleport seems to be good, but you can’t compare a single teleport to all the teleports and leaps the other classes have.

Its not sure on its mechanics but it has a duration of 20s. Im assuming the range is short but you can freely move between the two points and every time you do you will gain barrier.

That mean that if you don’t active any Fx skill your shades don’t cast any kind of skill, doing no damage.

But you will be using f skills all the time. Its going to be very similar to playing a mesmer in the way that you will always be ‘shattering’ you shade skills.

The other problem is: 3 shades activated with Desert Shroud will inflict up to 21 stacks of Torment over 6 seconds (still if not ticking at the same time because they last only 2 sec, it’s still 21 stacks of -trait powred- Torment).

Not usre how you are getting 21 stacks here.

One thing though its that scourges will have an insane amount of boons and a bunch of area denial.

Im also eger to see the skill changes they will make to the other traitlines since they all have to be changed to work differently. You cant have abilites that work when enterign or exiting shroud or while staying in shroud presumably. Also at least transfusion will be able to heal us now.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

After thinking about this spec more, I still don’t think it will be any good in PvP.

However, if I were commanding a zerg in WvW? I would want a few Scourges, no question. Why, you ask? Because the Shade skills can hit up to 20 targets with a single pulse. Each Shade skill is a PBAoE from the Scourge and each of his shades, and each with their own target cap. Even a 2k Barrier is an absurd amount of effective health when applied to 20 people.

Alternatively, they could keep one Greater Shade up constantly and hit just 15 people. That’s still rather significant, given the usual target cap of 5.

The Scourge also seems like it will shine in condition-using raid bosses like Slothosaur. Barrier plus a teamwide condition-to-boon conversion every 5 seconds should make it pretty difficult to die in that case.

I’m a Geeleiver

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aevis.4632

Aevis.4632

So i was reading the wiki about scourge and it says that the 5th shade skill is called desert shroud. Says you enter destert shroud gaining a powerful barrier and pulses necrotic energy around you. So is this like a death shroud? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Shroud