WP going through Scourge

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Furious Demise at least thinks it is. That’s the skill that procs the trait. My guess is that it will be how you use all “when entering shroud” traits.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The other problem is: 3 shades activated with Desert Shroud will inflict up to 21 stacks of Torment over 6 seconds (still if not ticking at the same time because they last only 2 sec, it’s still 21 stacks of -trait powred- Torment).

Not usre how you are getting 21 stacks here.

One thing though its that scourges will have an insane amount of boons and a bunch of area denial.

Im also eger to see the skill changes they will make to the other traitlines since they all have to be changed to work differently. You cant have abilites that work when enterign or exiting shroud or while staying in shroud presumably. Also at least transfusion will be able to heal us now.

21 stacks of Torment(+Burn) are the combination of 3 shades that tick 7 times the Desert Shroud. Every tick make you and your shades inflict Torment and if that’s calculated as a hit for the Dhuumfire you will also spam 21 stacks of Burn. Still to see what ANet will do about that.
Conditions will be nerfed, then that combo will be weaker that will be right now.

About entering the shroud, you can enter the Desert Shroud, then when you active your F5 you obtain every trait effect as if you enter death/reaper shroud, the same when the Desert end. That also will grant you all the passive effects as when you are in shroud (50% critical rate, dhuumfire, condi clean from death magic, condi steal+LF from bloodmagic………). Also i think that your shades will obtain that effects all the time, making them perfect to spam Dhuumfire and eventually to use the sanctuary to clean conditions from your allies and obtain LF.

Everything is possible and also will perfectly work for a support shroud.

About transfusion traits, we’ll finally be able to obtain heals from them and be healed by our allies.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Shroud

Tell me what that second line of text says.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

21 stacks of Torment(+Burn) are the combination of 3 shades that tick 7 times the Desert Shroud. Every tick make you and your shades inflict Torment and if that’s calculated as a hit for the Dhuumfire you will also spam 21 stacks of Burn. Still to see what ANet will do about that.
Conditions will be nerfed, then that combo will be weaker that will be right now.

My opinion is that scourge fill a condi burst niche with a coat of support that won’t be very interesting in PvE.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Shroud

Tell me what that second line of text says.

“Target affected by this ability can only be affected once per pulse” (Oh gokittenhis also apply to the “fear skill”… I thought that terror would make a come back but seem like it won’t.)

All of this mean that it will be a waste to invest in torment/burn.

What interest me more is whether the barrier is refreshed once per pulse. If that’s the case, it make this “desert shroud” no so bad.

And what irk me the most is that I just can’t understand why Anet don’t seem to want to give us proper might duration. Why can’t they just give us the ability to maintain the few might stack that we will be able to grant?

Freed from corruption is undeniably the top trait of this spec. It look so op that I’d take this spec just for this trait alone.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

What interest me more is whether the barrier is refreshed once per pulse. If that’s the case, it make this “desert shroud” no so bad.

Watch WPs video. It doesn’t. The barrier would have just about finished decaying before the skill stops pulsing.
The skill will still apply 14 stacks of torment to up to 20 targets.

5 around you and 5 around each shade. That’s if it works that way else it’s just 5 over all but still it’s not a bad amount of torment. Also tested torment is as strong as beled while still or twice as strong while moving. 14-28 stacks of ‘bleed’ isn’t a small amount to snuff at if you can get all the pulses to land.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Watch WPs video. It doesn’t. The barrier would have just about finished decaying before the skill stops pulsing.
The skill will still apply 14 stacks of torment to up to 20 targets.

5 around you and 5 around each shade. That’s if it works that way else it’s just 5 over all but still it’s not a bad amount of torment. Also tested torment is as strong as beled while still or twice as strong while moving. 14-28 stacks of ‘bleed’ isn’t a small amount to snuff at if you can get all the pulses to land.

And you keep pumping bleed with auto attack and other skills meanwhile. But it need to be tested! in game before really whining or cheering about anything

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Which probably mean that desert shroud is also a skill that can be interrupt… I the end this can’t even count as a defense skill, that’s sad.

As for the torment, once per pulse mean once per pulse watever the number of shade. But the main issue isn’t the number of torment stack. The issue is the fact that those stack are short lasting. Which mean that they can only be used as a “burst” of condition, making them a valuable asset in Player versus Player environment and a poor asset in PvE.

All of this mean that :

- In the first weeks there will be a mess in PvP and small scale WvW where the trait demonic lore will be dominant. This will logically lead to some vicious nerf to the torment stacks numbers (1 instead of 2 for most of the skills)

- Next, players will find that freed from corruption is an op trait. This trait will probably bloom just after the torment nerf and will suffer with anet generously granting it a 1 second ICD (because necromancers filled to the brim with tons of boons… that’s scary!)

- Meanwhile, the scourge will find himself in a sorry state in PvE because, while it’s where it’s survivability won’t really be an issue, he won’t have the tools to build himself a reliable place anywhere. (Barrier is certainly a good idea but the decay of this barrier isn’t. Condi clear is sweet as well but it fit more PvP environment than PvE. And it’s dps will not be fit for large health pool monsters. There is no room for such support in the encounters that they design in PvE.)

It’s ironic but Anet keep designing the necromancer toward a PvP dps/support with tools that don’t work well in PvE. The result of this e-spec will be very similar to the results of the reaper. It will dominate PvP at first like a vicious cancer while staying in the shade in PvE then it will be nerfed for PvP sake and become even weaker for PvE.

Don’t get me wrong, I feel that this e-spec have the tools to be enjoyable to play but it won’t patch the glaring issues of the necromancer. Anet will never be able to patch these issues by avoiding them. When players ask for more support on the necromancer, it does not mean that the necromancer as no mean of support it just mean that their mean of support are inadapted to most of the situations. By giving the necromancer even more inadapted support this won’t make the necromancer good at support this will just make him even more useless where he need to be good.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Which probably mean that desert shroud is also a skill that can be interrupt… I the end this can’t even count as a defense skill, that’s sad.

How the skill is instant..you cast it, it does 7 ticks over 6s and you gain barrier which will decay over 8s because that’s how barrier as a mechanic seems to work. It won’t end if you lose the barrier you granted yourself.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Gaara of the Hidden Sand village

Gaara had awesome blocks though … Scourge however….

this should be the new meta flair on necro subforum just like 2 years ago was about revenant proving they read necro subforum.

WP going through Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Deathly Chill added about 5k DPS. Scourge will make up for this for sure.

more like 10k dps actually.