Wail of doom is weak

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jimmy.1476

Jimmy.1476

I think wail of doom(warhorn skill) is weak,2 sec of daze(3 sec traited) is not enough.
My suggestion is: give some little damage and few stacks of confusion to this skill,so it will be more usefull for condi builds without perplex runes.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It isn’t really weak. We could maybe add a blast to it or something but its a very large cone unblockable hard CC.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ironically its better than CttB on the reaper.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

We’ve been asking for it to have a blast finisher forever, since the animation looks like it blasts.

That really doesn’t make it strong however, just more versitile. Blasting situation and interrupt situations don’t have a lot in common.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I don’t think a blast on it would be very helpful tbh, though I’d take it because it’s better than nothing. I do think it should do physical damage though, not a ton, but some, or torment

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

The only problem with Warhorn 4 is that it barely does anything to bosses thanks to Defiant. Other than that, it’s pretty strong. You’re right that it doesn’t help condi builds very much, but the Warhorn isn’t really a condi weapon in the first place.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Jimmy.1476

The only problem with Warhorn 4 is that it barely does anything to bosses thanks to Defiant. Other than that, it’s pretty strong. You’re right that it doesn’t help condi builds very much, but the Warhorn isn’t really a condi weapon in the first place.

I think warhorn can be more universal weapon for power and condi builds too.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It actually is just fine for condi. Locust Swarm is amazing on every single build ever conceived, Wail of Doom is just the big-daddy version of Reaper’s Mark with a smaller range.

WoD could use a small buff with some added functionality, but it doesn’t need much. WH is already really overloaded with beneficial skills, you can’t consider WoD in a vacuum because it comes bundled with Locust Swarm which I’d argue is the strongest Necromancer skill bar none.

My PvP Minion Build

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Reducing the cooldown a bit is the only thing I think it needs, personally. A 3second unblockable daze is pretty strong in a PvP/WvW setting. Since it doesn’t deal any damage or apply any conditions however, I think a 5 – 8second reduced cooldown would be totally fair.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

It can, but this is really a testament to how weak our condi weapons are.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

wail o doom let’s me actually get a heal off on my necro occasionally.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

It can, but this is really a testament to how weak our condi weapons are.

Our condi WEAPON not weapons. We have one condi weapon. I wouldn’t call dagger a condi only weapon as its transfer depends on the opponents condi damage so their no benefit to having condi stats when using dagger.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

If I could change anything on horn, I would change Wail to a straight-up fear for 1 sec, just enough to turn players around and put interrupted skills on cool down, maybe do a little Terror damage.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Glad someone is using their brain. It should obviously be a fear. We have a daze… why?

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I don’t think fear would fit the theme any better than daze.
And if it was fear instead of daze they’d have to nerf the duration. Not only would the base duration have to be a lot lower because fear restricts movement, but they would also have to account for duration buffs and/or Fear of Death, it would be subject to reductions from stuff like lemongrass, and in team fights it would be cleansed all the time.
Also, against some classes you really want a non-condition stun (zerker stance, diamond skin, resistance).
Bottom line: less reliable and shorter cc for some Terror ticks? No thx.

(edited by flow.6043)

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

An alternative would be to make the wail a pulsing CC like the moa CC screech. Could pulse 3 times and be either a daze or a fear or 1s per pulse.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Jimmy.1476

If I could change anything on horn, I would change Wail to a straight-up fear for 1 sec, just enough to turn players around and put interrupted skills on cool down, maybe do a little Terror damage.

I like this idea,bcs i think necro needs
a little more access to fear.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

wail o doom let’s me actually get a heal off on my necro occasionally.

Let’s +1 this man to the grave.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

No thanks,

Daze is probably stronger than fear at this point now that fear is trivial to cleanse (sometimes without even using skills) & now that terror condition Necromancers are dead.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Make it apply a blast finisher and a 3-4 second chill. Voila.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I’d rather keep my unblockable aoe daze.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

I don’t think the skill itself is weak, but could use some tweaks. Like make it a blast finisher for obvious reasons. The animation looks like a blast finisher already.
Make it 2 sec fear unblockable isntead of daze. Fear suits more necro theme and is a better use of Terror trait.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Glad someone is using their brain. It should obviously be a fear. We have a daze… why?

Maybe because it’s not technically a condition and cannot be cleansed? Who knows :P

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Because fear is the weakest hard CC in the game

My PvP Minion Build

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

It would suck if they turned it into fear for PvE.

Personally fear would become a lot more attractive if the target just trembled in place.

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Slap Blast Finisher on it and it will be legit.

More love for Farthorn!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Clearly it was a typo, and is meant to read “Whale of Doom”, which taunts enemies for 2(-3) seconds, unblockable 25 sec cd. Clearly. :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

“Whale of Doom”

Have you played new MGS V? They have fiery whales there

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Fear is a strong soft CC and condition. It is so strong it requires periodic nerfing. I wish Necromancer had more access to it.

I admit war horn’s stun is one of Necromancer’s only hard CC control effects. Horn’s stun, Golem’s knock-down, and Lich’s chilling knock-back are all that come to mind.

Edit: oops, we have a pull from Spectral Grasp and sink, too. Reviewing each of the control effects, I am reminded how easy stun-locking Necromancer was before FitG included stab.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Problem with fear, and why it’s the weakest “full” CC in the game is that it gets the worst of both worlds. It:
- Is negated by Stability.
- Blocked by Defiance
- Can be stun broken
- Can be cleansed
- Can be converted
- Can be suppressed by Resistance

That’s actually the main reason I hate Necro down state. It’s both single target and the worst Cc.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Wail of doom is weak

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Fear is a strong soft CC and condition. It is so strong it requires periodic nerfing. I wish Necromancer had more access to it.

I admit war horn’s stun is one of Necromancer’s only hard CC control effects. Horn’s stun, Golem’s knock-down, and Lich’s chilling knock-back are all that come to mind.

Edit: oops, we have a pull from Spectral Grasp and sink, too. Reviewing each of the control effects, I am reminded how easy stun-locking Necromancer was before FitG included stab.

Fear got nerfed due to TERROR, not the fear itself. It’s classic Anet balancing, instead of fixing terror’s damage in fear chains, they nerfed not only terror but fear and neutered Dhuumfire and now necromancer condition specs are one of the weakest ingame.