Wall and combos

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

Why doesn’t our wall destroy projectiles. I can understand not giving it reflection but the necro has no defense against this. It would make the wall a much better skill.

Every other profession (with the exception of ranger i think) have this ability in some way or another.

Additionally our ability to do combo finishes is pretty weak at the moment if you’re not running minions.

Fix? Make
-Dagget #5 (Enfeebling Blood) a combo blast finisher
-Make axe #3 (name escapes me atm) a combo place finisher
-Make Dagger #3(Dark Pact) a combo projectile finisher
-I know its a teleport but if you could make Dark Path a leap finisher that would be cool too.

Oh yeah also combine well of power and corruption into one well and fill the void with a well that fears for 1.5 seconds every 3 seconds for a well duration of 9 seconds (45 sec – 60 sec recharge)

I just think these finishers and the lack of reflection ( as well as the terribeness of the axe) really serve to weaken the profession

(edited by Rump Buffalo.2594)

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Konvoy.6245

Konvoy.6245

Well of Corruption and Power combined would be amazing and overpowered. No way they’d pass that, though i do agree that we could use more combo finishers. Instead of adding another well that fears, I think they should just add another second or half of a second to our current fears. Then people might actually consider picking up the 50% fear duration trait and complain less about our fears being too short. Adding absorb to the Wall would be nice, but i still can’t imagine a lot of people using it. There are so many other important options when picking utilities.

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Spectral Wall converting projectiles into healing bolts, and chilling people that run through it would be awesome.

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dariroch.6482

Dariroch.6482

I wish we have any finisher outside of the staff on our weapons.
Having to rely on an immobile pet for one and bone minions that die to aoe so fast is extremely hard and unreliable.

It would be nice to have at least on finisher in Death shroud as well.

(edited by Dariroch.6482)

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

Blood magic: mark of evasion creates a blast finisher on roll every 10 seconds or so, Blast finisher effects where you roll too. Roll into fields for combo fun

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: FacesOfMu.3561

FacesOfMu.3561

I really like your suggestion about the spectral wall blocking LOS/trajectory, and Dark Path as a leap (like you’d drag the field through the “portal” with you). I don’t agree with merging the wells as I use both separately to great effet and enjoyment.

People vary.

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: InsomShade.1453

InsomShade.1453

-Dagget #5 (Enfeebling Blood) a combo blast finisher

I’m not sure why it’s not already…

Oh yeah also combine well of power and corruption into one well and fill the void with a well that fears for 1.5 seconds every 3 seconds for a well duration of 9 seconds (45 sec – 60 sec recharge)

This is just way too OP

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Karther.7481

Karther.7481

If Spectral Wall blocked or did anything much aside from grant Protection, something I can get on all of my Wells from a single trait box, I might actually consider spending a utility slot on it.

In the other hand, the Well merge idea is no good. The Well of Power is defensive, Well of Corruption offensive. One you drop on yourself, one on the enemy. Charging the enemy to cure your conditions, or letting all the enemy boon to condition convertion go to waste isn’t going to happen.

Rhelex – 80 Asura Necromancer
Time To Leave [GTFO] – a WvW Guild
Piken Square server

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

@merch err, mark of blood is not a blast finisher.

I think our main problem is that our available weapon finishers are too reliant on enemy interaction. If we had some way to remotely detonate marks, it would perhaps be a different story.

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sharadur.1832

Sharadur.1832

Mark of Blood is not a blast finisher, but you do get a blast finisher when dodging with the Mark of Evasion trait in Blood Magic (which creates a Mark of Blood after dodge).

Skatha – 80 Asura Necromancer
Triple B [BBB] – Blackgate

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Mark of Blood is not a blast finisher, but you do get a blast finisher when dodging with the Mark of Evasion trait in Blood Magic (which creates a Mark of Blood after dodge).

Never noticed, and seems to be a undocumented “feature”.

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

yeah the combined wells would probably be op in their current state, but u could also tweak how it functions

Wall and combos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Putrid Mark (staff #4) is a blast finisher. Works nicely with Well of Blood.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)