Wanna know the real issue? What needs to change?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpencerForHire.1046

SpencerForHire.1046

This does not change the measurable weak points between us in these roles and any other class. It has already been shown that many classes stack conditions (in specifics but not exclusively bleeds) faster, that conditions hit harder (power) and that we are outlived by most any other (but not all) classes with a survivability build. Yea a good player can make due with the tools they have, I do fairly well. We still are playing uphill. Some people would rather not.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Nice troll attempt. Try somewhere else.

in Necromancer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Making due and being balanced are two TOTALLY different things. You want to know how you can tell an underpowered class?
NO ONE on the other class forums complain about Necros being OP.
As SpencerForHire correctly stated, the problem is that other classes do what we can spec for but better in every way. Also our trait lines are terrible, why is there a minion skill in spite for example?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

So, I stopped watching at the 2nd video and a part of Video 3

Video 1: Well done, you took no dmg from a couple of silver mobs and a bunch on normals, using your minions as meat shields. What were we supposed to learn from that? Yay Necromancers can use their useless minions as meat shields?

Video 2: You took down a veteran at the end of the video because most of the video was of you killing 2 normals mobs with our underpowered Dagger.

Hmmkay. When Necros can survive like you did AND do the damage to the mobs in CoF, like ……. any of the other classes can, I’ll call them balanced. OP? What you did was kill some mobs like the rest of us are doing. Slowly. Whilst everyone else is killing them quickly.

What is OP about anything in any of the videos? You were useless in the first part of the first pvp battle at WF. You missed your imob and.. i think all of your marks missed.

Level 80 Human Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Binnes.3860

Binnes.3860

So you survived, big deal. Any other class would survive and probably kill the mob 50%-75% faster

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reyka.8965

Reyka.8965

The third video actually explain how bad the necromancer is….( you helped it a lot with your horrible camera positioning and use of wells )

in Necromancer

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

ty OP. after watching your videos Im sure ANet has realized the poor state of the necro, which I suppose was your point…

in Necromancer

Posted by: McWaffle.1927

McWaffle.1927

This does not change the measurable weak points between us in these roles and any other class. It has already been shown that many classes stack conditions (in specifics but not exclusively bleeds) faster, that conditions hit harder (power) and that we are outlived by most any other (but not all) classes with a survivability build. Yea a good player can make due with the tools they have, I do fairly well. We still are playing uphill. Some people would rather not.

What class takes every enemies buff and turns it against them?
What class makes it so every other party member never gets a single condition?
What class Applies every condition in a single click and then spreads it like an AoE with a 2nd?

We have a skill cap, debatablly one of the highest. So much comes into play and must be analyzed when making a decision. You have to know your enemy, be in both melee and range posistioning, predict enemy movement when placing marks/wells, etc. Another hurdle is gear for necro that is ideal cant be crafted.

We have the potential to game change like no other class, no situation we cant adapt for, people just need to realize it isnt like any other class and stop comparing them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Magzillas.4865

Magzillas.4865

Even if you had any substance besides a couple random videos to backup your assertion of necros being OP, you ought to notice that much of the ire held by necros at the moment comes not from inherent balancing issues, but from the fact that a ridiculous number of our traits either have improper tooltips, don’t interact properly with other traits/skills, are absolutely useless (e.g. 5 second jagged horrors that give free rallies in pvp), or just do nothing.

Also, a lot of critiques of the class come more from conceptual anomalies than “____ does it better than we do.” For instance: the inconsistency between death shroud’s life blast and condition necros, wells on a 45-60 sec. cd. being countered with a single dodge, and minions being absolute morons. Even if your claim regarding necro balance was even remotely true, these inherent issues warrant some consideration, in our opinion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Koen.8703

Koen.8703

No offence, but if you want to come up with the idea that we indeed need no fix in pvp, atleast provide us with some decent footage of some PVP.
First of all its in spvp, not tpvp where the skill is alot higher.
Secondly, its clearly that most of the damage is not being dealt by you.
Thirdly, and dont take this into offence, but those vids only show a less-mediocre playstyle.

Playing pvp necro since BWE1 – mercenary.
Representing guild [BG] – Broken Gods – Desolation (EU)

in Necromancer

McWaffle.1927

So, I stopped watching at the 2nd video and a part of Video 3

Video 1: Well done, you took no dmg from a couple of silver mobs and a bunch on normals, using your minions as meat shields. What were we supposed to learn from that? Yay Necromancers can use their useless minions as meat shields?

OUr ability to bring utility, heals, and dmg to group (and while wearing 150% Magic Find)
You pull three silvers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iACKQTLl1pk#t=184s

Video 2: You took down a veteran at the end of the video because most of the video was of you killing 2 normals mobs with our underpowered Dagger.

MF suit again, and you obviously missed the point of both these which is our healing tankiness everyone cries we dont have.

Ill take 2k crits with healing that leaves me above 90% hp at all times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iACKQTLl1pk#t=184s

Hmmkay. When Necros can survive like you did AND do the damage to the mobs in CoF, like ……. any of the other classes can, I’ll call them balanced. OP? What you did was kill some mobs like the rest of us are doing. Slowly. Whilst everyone else is killing them quickly.

What is OP about anything in any of the videos? You were useless in the first part of the first pvp battle at WF. You missed your imob and.. i think all of your marks missed.

You would wrong but thanks.

in Necromancer

McWaffle.1927

No offence, but if you want to come up with the idea that we indeed need no fix in pvp, atleast provide us with some decent footage of some PVP.
First of all its in spvp, not tpvp where the skill is alot higher.
Secondly, its clearly that most of the damage is not being dealt by you.
Thirdly, and dont take this into offence, but those vids only show a less-mediocre playstyle.

1. It was tpvp
2. No kitten
3. No offence taken into

in Necromancer

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

The Mesmer. And sometimes we, if the skill decides to work.

Not we, sometimes the Mesmer.

What class Applies every condition in a single click and then spreads it like an AoE with a 2nd?

We, if the skill decides not to bug.

Arena Net has confirmt that the Necro isn’t working as intended and that it needs a lot of love till it does. So don’t troll.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in Necromancer

McWaffle.1927

Even if you had any substance besides a couple random videos to backup your assertion of necros being OP, you ought to notice that much of the ire held by necros at the moment comes not from inherent balancing issues, but from the fact that a ridiculous number of our traits either have improper tooltips, don’t interact properly with other traits/skills, are absolutely useless (e.g. 5 second jagged horrors that give free rallies in pvp), or just do nothing.

Also, a lot of critiques of the class come more from conceptual anomalies than “____ does it better than we do.” For instance: the inconsistency between death shroud’s life blast and condition necros, wells on a 45-60 sec. cd. being countered with a single dodge, and minions being absolute morons. Even if your claim regarding necro balance was even remotely true, these inherent issues warrant some consideration, in our opinion.

Minions should bekitten they are . .. . minions

Wells, esp when made ground target-able are the most OP, I didnt even show that because its faceroll easy. And a dodge negates everything, wait for them to use them, or one of many other methods to get them

Mind you I missing like 5 traits due a bug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBWEuNZU0Jg

in Necromancer

McWaffle.1927

The Mesmer. And sometimes we, if the skill decides to work.

Not we, sometimes the Mesmer.

We, if the skill decides not to bug.

Arena Net has confirmt that the Necro isn’t working as intended and that it needs a lot of love till it does. So don’t troll.

Guess you forgot about that signet that takes all conditions that would go on allies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gutterfox.5976

Gutterfox.5976

I don’t mean to sound rude when I say this at all, but I don’t really understand your post. You make an argument and then post videos that disprove your own argument? Anyone who has played the other professions to any extent only has to watch your examples to see just how ineffective the necromancer is. -__-

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Lol, obvious troll is obvious.

in Necromancer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Yes I am kind of sad i replied to this. Obvious troll should have been obvious

in Necromancer

nachtnebel.9168

Guess you forgot about that signet that takes all conditions that would go on allies.

Even if it works, the CD is still higher than the Mesmer’s Null Field and it’s not a gtae.

Almost everything you mentioned can be done more effective by the Mesmer, so why again should we pick a Necro for tPvP?

in Necromancer

McWaffle.1927

Even if it works, the CD is still higher than the Mesmer’s Null Field and it’s not a gtae.

Almost everything you mentioned can be done more effective by the Mesmer, so why again should we pick a Necro for tPvP?

The signet takes 100% conditions at all time, no CD unless you use the active.

in Necromancer

McWaffle.1927

Too bad your powers of deduction didnt apply to obvious TP fees.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Ya it does not. Wish it did but nope.

Setnnex-Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Too bad your powers of deduction didnt apply to obvious TP fees.

How does “I see the TP takes a large cut and think this is unfair” equate to “I have no idea how the TP works”?

in Necromancer

nachtnebel.9168

Yes, it takes the conditions but it currently doesn’t remove them from your allies. So, it doesn’t really work the way it should.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiloBoyS.7324

HiloBoyS.7324

Yes, it takes the conditions but it currently doesn’t remove them from your allies. So, it doesn’t really work the way it should.

Oh crap I didnt know it didnt take those conditions off allies. :/ I been sitting below the gates in WvW thinking i was taking all my allies conditions off them and running out spreading it and running back in, Get more of their conditions, feast till spread cooldown, rinse and repeat. Thought i was actually helping them. But im not? o.O That sucks

in Necromancer

Posted by: HogWash.3928

HogWash.3928

-1 op .. no point in trying to argue with you. You don’t know what you are talking about.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mathemagician.7314

Mathemagician.7314

-1 op .. no point in trying to argue with you. You don’t know what you are talking about.

After reading everything, I can only concede to this, as it is my 100% exact feelings towards this thread.

80 Necro: Yami Blind @ [US]Sea of Sorrows
Commander for [Sexy] of the Synergy Alliance

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coxswain.7981

Coxswain.7981

This thread is absolutely bizzare. McWaffle makes even LESS sense in GW2 than he did in rift. Who’d’a thunk?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Yep, a real uphill battle

http://www.teamparadigm.net/forums/Necromancer/374/The-Sorry-State-of-the-Necromancer-in-SPvP-Long-Post/

You going to result to personal attacks now like in the other threads?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

OUr ability to bring utility, heals, and dmg to group (and while wearing 150% Magic Find)
You pull three silvers?

Why would you show us videos of a class this is already bad enough in all aspects when you’re in full MF gear?
What utility? All your utilities are personal ones. Your minions which do nothing but stand and act as meat shields. They do very little dmg and their AI is poor.
You can heal. What is your point? What does that even mean?
Dmg to group. Everyone can do dmg to a group. All melee can do massive amounts of dmg to the group just be pressing the number 1 button.
“But so can staff Necros!” – only if they’re in a straight line.

MF suit again, and you obviously missed the point of both these which is our healing tankiness everyone cries we dont have.

Again. Veteran. Any class can stand there and kill a veteran. The only difference is, Necromancer takes 4 times as long to kill said veteran. It doesn’t matter how much healing or “tankiness” we have access to. If we’re taking longer to do something, we’re going to take more damage.

As for Plague Signet.

Have a look around at the other threads. It has been proven and I have tested this myself. It doesn’t draw conditions from allies. It has been discovered that it actually replicates the conditions on them without even putting them on the Necro.

Level 80 Human Necromancer