Warrior Elite Livestream to a necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

https://youtu.be/mxMm0hz2_d0?t=1m56s

If you click on the link you’ll be sent to the part where Robert Gee talks about the warrior torch ability “Flames of War.” In this segment he actually says that if the skill were to apply burning to the player themselves it would be “silly.”

As a long time player of the necromancer, I feel like i was kicked while i was down ( kind of like being banished and having a thief steal onto you while downed for the spike, a unicorn shooting a rainbow out of it’s rear end at that). According to our Class Developer, the very mechanics we have to deal with with our abilities wouldn’t even be thought of for another class. Necromancers alone must deal with their own abilities hurting them, even more so when a trait that is suppose to increase their skill’s prowess in the end is only more of a detriment.

When will our corruption skills be looked at with the same kind of view as that towards warriors?

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

If you click on the link you’ll be sent to the part where Robert Gee talks about the warrior torch ability “Flames of War.” In this segment he actually says that if the skill were to apply burning to the player themselves it would be “silly.”

As a long time player of the necromancer, I feel like i was kicked while i was down ( kind of like being banished and having a thief steal onto you while downed for the spike, a unicorn shooting a rainbow out of it’s rear end at that). According to our Class Developer, the very mechanics we have to deal with with our abilities wouldn’t even be thought of for another class. Necromancers alone must deal with their own abilities hurting them, even more so when a trait that is suppose to increase their skill’s prowess in the end is only more of a detriment.

When will our corruption skills be looked at with the same kind of view as that towards warriors?

BUT don’t you get it transfers, they are the solution to everything. It doesn’t matter that the transfers can’t keep up with the traited corruptions in cooldowns because transfers or that our transfers transfer at least 3 conditions and our heal makes sure you have 2 because transfers or that your elite shuts down the possability of transfers except one uncontrollable trait because transfers.

#Anetlogic

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

#Anetlogic

yup.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Honestly as a mes nec ele main, I cannot wait to play berserker. Reaper is awesome, chrono is awesome and I like tempest, but berserker is the hybrid class I’ve been waiting for

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Necromancers alone must deal with their own abilities hurting them, even more so when a trait that is suppose to increase their skill’s prowess in the end is only more of a detriment.

Ummm…Mallyx?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Necromancers alone must deal with their own abilities hurting them, even more so when a trait that is suppose to increase their skill’s prowess in the end is only more of a detriment.

Ummm…Mallyx?

Excuse me for missing that. Least Mallyx can stack 20+ seconds of resistance….
Doesn’t take away from the argument, why is it ok for some classes but on others not?
As stated above, a flawed design that account for transfers but not conditions applied by enemies to the caster?

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Ummm…Mallyx?

Excuse me for missing that. Least Mallyx can stack 20+ seconds of resistance….
Doesn’t take away from the argument, why is it ok for some classes but on others not?
As stated above, a flawed design that account for transfers but not conditions applied by enemies to the caster?

I agree that drawbacks should be on more skills besides just Revenant and Necro. Especially since Berserkers will have the best condition cleaning in the entire game. They can afford to burn some.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Except it would be silly for a Warrior to burn themselves. It makes “sense” for Necromancers and Mallyx, thematically, to have self-harm on their skills, it doesn’t for Berserker, at least not in this sense. Yes corruptions suck, it doesn’t make what he said any less valid, or make the idea of corruptions being self damaging a bad concept.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Except it would be silly for a Warrior to burn themselves. It makes “sense” for Necromancers and Mallyx, thematically, to have self-harm on their skills, it doesn’t for Berserker, at least not in this sense. Yes corruptions suck, it doesn’t make what he said any less valid, or make the idea of corruptions being self damaging a bad concept.

It does make sense for a Berserker, though. Real life example: Blackbeard.

The man was famous for setting his beard on fire during battle to intimidate people. Sure, it probably hurt, but that was a secondary concern so long as he was scaring the kitten out of people.

Berserkers aren’t really concerned with self-preservation. Hurting yourself to get a bigger advantage? Okay!

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Thematically no there isn’t, practically yes there is. The concept has no place in a pvp environment as currently instated. There’s no additional power behind the spell, compared to other classes, to counter-act the negatives. Or do you disagree?

The man was famous for setting his beard on fire during battle to intimidate people. Sure, it probably hurt, but that was a secondary concern so long as he was scaring the kitten out of people.

Berserkers aren’t really concerned with self-preservation. Hurting yourself to get a bigger advantage? Okay!

Want me to drop that mic for you ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Letting thematics overtake practicality is why the necro is where it has been most of the game.

Making warriors suffer bad design because necros have to is silly.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

I think you are just being salty by taking something out of it context. By design, Corruption is a type of skill that you put Condi on yourself and then using another skill/trait to transfer it to enemy. It is a perfect design because Necro has the tools to use and play by this design. Whether you like it or think it is perfect or not is another story. Are all the Corruption skills perfectly balanced on the Necro side? This is not a design issue but a balance issue. Please don’t mix the two.

On the other hand, you just took one bite out of the sweet spot while ignoring the other part. What about Berserker new Elite skill, Head Butt? A skill that also put harm on the user? Why didn’t you question this part?

All is vain.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Letting thematics overtake practicality is why the necro is where it has been most of the game.

Making warriors suffer bad design because necros have to is silly.

It’s all about balance and consistency between classes. I totally agree, why is it silly for warriors but not silly for necromancers from a balance perspective though? Not only do corruptions damage us in their base form but to use them more often you have to damage yourself further, there’s no logic from a balance point of view.

I think you are just being salty by taking something out of it context. By design, Corruption is a type of skill that you put Condi on yourself and then using another skill/trait to transfer it to enemy. It is a perfect design because Necro has the tools to use and play by this design. Whether you like it or think it is perfect or not is another story. Are all the Corruption skills perfectly balanced on the Necro side? This is not a design issue but a balance issue. Please don’t mix the two.

In a perfect world, corruptions work well. In that perfect world, no other conditions are being applied to the necromancer from outside sources. The conditions applied by the necromancer to themselves can, and will, use up all the transfers that necro has to offer (not to mention shoe horning them into using dagger/staff/utilities) while at the same time being no more powerful to justify such negatives.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

I think you are just being salty by taking something out of it context. By design, Corruption is a type of skill that you put Condi on yourself and then using another skill/trait to transfer it to enemy. It is a perfect design because Necro has the tools to use and play by this design. Whether you like it or think it is perfect or not is another story. Are all the Corruption skills perfectly balanced on the Necro side? This is not a design issue but a balance issue.

And this why we still have these weak corruption skills because the transfers. It makes the self corruption part seem like an asset/no issue. Not only do the transfers we have not match the design of corruptions they are totally irrelevant to the aspect of corruption skills. The only thing corruptions skills do is trading in an effect for increased condition pressure on yourself. It doesn’t matter if you can transfer the condis, transform them into boons, cleanse them,… .

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Berserkers, the real life example, didn’t hurt themselves physically. We’re not exactly sure what happened, but theories involve it being a mental/physical condition or some kind of psychoactive drugs that put them into a rage where they felt no pain, from exhaustion or harm.

Also, the Blackbeard deal is a myth, a fun one though.

Want me to drop that mic for you ?

Might want to hold onto it.

Thematically no there isn’t, practically yes there is. The concept has no place in a pvp environment as currently instated. There’s no additional power behind the spell, compared to other classes, to counter-act the negatives. Or do you disagree?

That isn’t an issue with theme, but implementation. Of course self-harm should have an appropriately larger effect, just like longer-casting skills should have stronger effects as well. Looking towards the GW1 effects that corruptions stem from, the concept absolutely works when that increased effect is actually appropriately applied. But there is no thematic reason for Warriors or Berserkers to have it compared to Necromancers and Mallyx.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I was slightly disappointed zerk didn’t get corruptions that would mean they know how to design good ones since they never achieved that with necro and it fits thematically C9’s zerk works the same way . I’m fine with necro having them despite their state I just hate the illogical MoC that’s a big L for Robert or whoever made that trait even more because 4/6 of them are not worth slotting without MoC and even more because you don’t want to use it more often if it’s hurting you more rev on the other end…

It’s not balance it’s just perfect scenarios like always at least he recognized that with Reaper. Actually no with corruptions it’s an heavenly scenario perfect is not enough.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Berserkers, the real life example, didn’t hurt themselves physically. We’re not exactly sure what happened, but theories involve it being a mental/physical condition or some kind of psychoactive drugs that put them into a rage where they felt no pain, from exhaustion or harm.

Also, the Blackbeard deal is a myth, a fun one though.

Fair enough on Blackbeard.

Berserkers, though, it’s not so much that they intentionally hurt themselves, but it’s quite possible that they might harm themselves without really noticing. Accidentally setting yourself on fire as you’re trying to burn something else and not even noticing sounds very much in line with the theme.

Granted, could they have managed a full corruption line of skills? Probably not. Unless it was something similar to stances that then inflicted a condition when the stance ended. For example, a skill that gave super speed, but crippled the Berserker afterward. Pushing a body beyond its known limits does tend to have nasty side-effects.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

That isn’t an issue with theme, but implementation. Of course self-harm should have an appropriately larger effect, just like longer-casting skills should have stronger effects as well. Looking towards the GW1 effects that corruptions stem from, the concept absolutely works when that increased effect is actually appropriately applied. But there is no thematic reason for Warriors or Berserkers to have it compared to Necromancers and Mallyx.

Thematics such as those of corruption skills and Mallyx skills don’t work in a PvP environment, this includes WvW because you have player vs player activity, completely due to the fact that don’t offer anything additional for the conditions applied to the user. They do not fit practically in a PvP environment, thematically or not.

As stated before, berserkers thematically don’t care about harming the self in order to inflict damage to their opponents. To berserk is to enter a trance like fury, not caring about anything but inflicting damage upon one’s enemies. If it’s thematically correct for Revnants and Necromancers to hurt themselves then so should it be for warriors.

Personally, i’m not after that. In any MMO it’s better to buff up a class, or two, than to nerf down one. There’s less opposition to such a move and everyone is happier. I’d like to see real change to corruption skills so there’s not such a negative to using them.

Another thing to consider, how can a warrior become a walking fire field but not set themselves on fire? Warriors do not inherently have any ability to use magic, Guardians use magic so hence can ward themselves from harm, but how can a warrior?

Searing a wound is something i could see, that’s something that fits the warrior and makes sense. Setting oneself on fire to cure conditions, keeping the fire on oneself for an extended duration yet not burning oneself is not.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Thematics such as those of corruption skills and Mallyx skills don’t work in a PvP environment, this includes WvW because you have player vs player activity, completely due to the fact that don’t offer anything additional for the conditions applied to the user. They do not fit practically in a PvP environment, thematically or not.

They work just fine in many other games, GW2 just did it poorly. They were good in GW1, they work in plenty of other MMOs and other games like MOBAs and RTSs. Again, implementation faults not design ones.

Another thing to consider, how can a warrior become a walking fire field but not set themselves on fire? Warriors do not inherently have any ability to use magic, Guardians use magic so hence can ward themselves from harm, but how can a warrior?

Everyone in Guild Wars has magic, even the guy who flips burgers at McDivinity.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Everyone in Guild Wars has magic, even the guy who flips burgers at McDivinity.

And i thought “Anet’s Lawyer” on the forums was bad for supporting Anet’s bad game design. I’d say keep on as you are, corruptions won’t get any better with the way you’re going.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

There is no reason that corruptions have to self harm. The word corruption doesnt have the meaning “self harm”. And lets be honest no matter what they do to corruptions the very concept is flawed. For self harm to be worth it the skills need to have dramatic game changing effects. Which means they need to do big things like group projectile reflects for long durations. Or a ridiculous amount of blast finishers. Basically if anet wants to design self harm skills they need to be high cooldown powerful skills. Corruptions can never be that unless they completely revamp them. Which isnt going to happen.

So yes the OP is correct. They need attention and the self harm portion should be scrapped. The corruptions are lackluster even without the negative effects and boosted effectiveness.

We can get real self harm skills in the future through a new skill type called sacrifices. And hopefully anet will do a better job and make them actually work that time around.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sebradle.7034

sebradle.7034

Yeah lets completely ignore that berzerker just got headbutt which is a self harm with strong postives ability. Self harm abilities have been a large part of the necromancer class since gw1. If they give us meaningful effects for the negatives you take on there wouldn’t be an issue. In my opinion corruption abilities should be given even stronger negatives so they can be buffed with even stronger effects.

(edited by sebradle.7034)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tynyss.8237

Tynyss.8237

Wasn’t his point that it wouldn’t make any sense for a skill to apply burning to yourself, that afterwards gets cleansed by it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Wasn’t his point that it wouldn’t make any sense for a skill to apply burning to yourself, that afterwards gets cleansed by it?

It makes as much sense as a Condi Cleansing Heal that applies Vulnerability to the user. I’m not being snarky or anything, it just sounds similar. I honestly don’t care about the skill, Guardians have a similar “set yourself on fire” anyways.

What I would like to see is Dead or Alive giving a self-stun or Slow. Raise base heal by 20% if necessary, but it should definitely do one of the two. You just took completely fatal blows that knocked you out of your adrenal drug craze, you should be at least a bit lethargic on your entrance to sobriety. Just make it a 2 second 20 percent “Slow” and call it a hangover. :P

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakunaito.9602

Dakunaito.9602

Yeah lets completely ignore that berzerker just got headbutt which is a self harm with strong postives ability. Self harm abilities have been a large part of the necromancer class since gw1. If they give us meaningful effects for the negatives you take on there wouldn’t be an issue. In my opinion corruption abilities should be given even stronger negatives so they can be buffed with even stronger effects.

yes it does self stun, but in a group fight the opponent has 3s stun. in 3s you get rekt

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

yes it does self stun, but in a group fight the opponent has 3s stun. in 3s you get rekt

Which is why if corruptions were to have such rewards such as this then the risks would be justified. Sadly they don’t.

Thematically and balance wise Anet isn’t the same across the board.

in Necromancer

Dakunaito.9602

Thematically and balance wise Anet isn’t the same across the board.

Anet is thematically and balance wise in all classes except Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

That wasn’t a steal shadowstep, that was a shortbow skill “5”

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

That wasn’t a steal shadowstep, that was a shortbow skill “5”

I will admit i dont play a thief but it wasn’t a shortbow skill. I haven’t had it happen to me in the longest time but the teleport was performed during the middle of a stomp, we all know that weapon skills cant be used while stomping. But we digress.

The main thing i’m sure we can all agree upon is that something needs to be done with corruption skills. The reward doesn’t out weigh the risks involved. In order to even have them be comparable in power and usefulness is to have to use transfers or cleanses ( based on the fact they damage you aswell, that automatically puts a necromancer at a disadvantage).

The only real support for corruptions as they are is that it’s thematically correct. Well, if that’s the case, why isnt it thematically correct for a warrior to cause burning to themselves when they set themselves on fire? I’m all for thematics as long as everyone realizes that this is also a game where there needs to be balance between classes.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Applying themes across every profession isn’t balance, its homogenization. Neither Warriors nor Berserkers have any real connection to direct self harm.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Applying themes across every profession isn’t balance, its homogenization. Neither Warriors nor Berserkers have any real connection to direct self harm.

It is balance when it directly affects game play. If it’s not a question of thematics, don’t you agree that corruptions need to be stronger to justify the damage they do to the caster?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

They have worked just fine in countless other games, including Guild Wars 1.

Like Bhawb said: The problem isn’t in the thematic, but in the implementation. For corruption skills to be so hurtful to the necromancer himself, the skill should have much more power.
The fact you can transfer those negative conditions is a bonus, it’s a combo unique to the necromancer. That shouldn’t however take away from the skills’ strength, which is what ANet is doing now.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It is balance when it directly affects game play. If it’s not a question of thematics, don’t you agree that corruptions need to be stronger to justify the damage they do to the caster?

Yes, I’ve said that to you multiple times. But that is a completely separate issue to what you said in what I quoted.

Applying corruption theme to Warrior isn’t balance, it is theme. Think of perfect balance as every profession being able to arrive at a similar end point of strength, no matter their starting point (base profession before stats, traits, etc. are applied) and the route they use to get there (theme, skills equipped, specializations and traits equipped, etc.).

This is why Necromancers can technically be as strong as boon-heavy professions while applying few boons to themselves; in the reality of the fight Necromancers remove so many boons that the two professions end in a similar end point of having only a little bit of boon uptime, even though one profession got there through tons of application and little/no removal, and the other got there through tons of removal and little application.

But right now you are confusing that end point with the path taken. Warriors have no thematic reason to have self harm, so they instead should be taking a different path, one that fits their theme, to arrive at the same point as Necromancers.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

The fact you can transfer those negative conditions is a bonus, it’s a combo unique to the necromancer. That shouldn’t however take away from the skills’ strength, which is what ANet is doing now.

It is NOT a bonus . Transferring is just a way necro can deal with condition pressure. The skills that deal with condtion pressure are balanced in itself. What people are doing is double accounting the value of a transfer when it comes to corrupting and transfers.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Nyth.3492

I don’t think he ever claimed that corruptions were fine.

Corruptions are currently stupid, because:
a) The strength of the skills frankly don’t weigh up against the self hurt.
They’re neither remarkably strong; most classes, hell even the necromancer itself, has skills that surpass it in power without weird strings attached.
Consume Conditions was the only one that really stood out tbh.

b) The implementation of the corruption effects often makes no sense.
A lot of them are very short duration, which makes them uninteresting to transfer really. (E.g. 6 second poison; 4 second 5-stack vulnerability).

c) Master of Corruption just makes it worse. And again has the stupid design of very short, yet very annoying, making them dodgy to transfer and at the same time annoying to ignore.
This would make more sense if the corruptions skills had a bigger impact, or if the trait itself had a different implementation. E.g. increase duration of self-hurting corruption skills, because then you make it a downside that we can combo with our condi transfers for more depth.

in Necromancer

Nyth.3492

It is NOT a bonus . Transferring is just a way necro can deal with condition pressure. The skills that deal with condtion pressure are balanced in itself. What people are doing is double accounting the value of a transfer when it comes to corrupting and transfers.

That’s exactly what I’m saying, is it not ?
(EDIT: Apparently “isn ’ t it” is counted as a swear word -.-)

Currently ANet seems to handle corruption skills as “strong enough” because “we can also transfer the selfhurt”.
I’m saying that corruption skill shouldn’t be balanced with the transfer in mind, but rather AS THEY ARE. In which case the abilities are WAY to weak for the negative aspect they bring along.

The fact you can transfer them is merely a combo we can do that also consumes the cooldown of a very valuable transfer skill.
And most of the time the negatives we get are too badly designed to transfer them in the first place.
(4 second 5-stack vulnerability is not worth my transfer skill, but it sure hurts like BLEEP when I’m getting wailed on).

I think you’re misunderstanding my use of the word “bonus” in this case. Maybe I should’ve used a better word, like ‘side-effect’ or something.

(edited by Nyth.3492)

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

That’s exactly what I’m saying, is it not ?
(EDIT: Apparently "isn ’ kitten is counted as a swear word -.-)

Currently ANet seems to handle corruption skills as “strong enough” because “we can also transfer the selfhurt”.
I’m saying that corruption skill shouldn’t be balanced with the transfer in mind, but rather AS THEY ARE. In which case the abilities are WAY to weak for the negative aspect they bring along.

The fact you can transfer them is merely a combo we can do that also consumes the cooldown of a very valuable transfer skill.
And most of the time the negatives we get are too badly designed to transfer them in the first place.
(4 second 5-stack vulnerability is not worth my transfer skill, but it sure hurts like BLEEP when I’m getting wailed on).

I think you’re misunderstanding my use of the word “bonus” in this case. Maybe I should’ve used a better word, like ‘side-effect’ or something.

The way you described it was that there was some added value to be found because the transfers, while in reality this value is just part of the value of the transfer. My mistake then.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The ability to mitigate the negative effects of corruptions is a side investment deal. Let’s assume you have a build that has just enough defense/healing/condition removal as it is, and then you add a corruption to it. This corruption has a really strong effect, but with a self-harm drawback. To mitigate this drawback you are forced to take another condition removal (remember you just barely had enough before, so this added condition needs mitigation), which by definition weakens you in some way. That is what makes corruptions with strong effects yet drawbacks balanced, the mitigation (or not) of that drawback is the strength cost.

The problem is I don’t think ANet understands this. They seem to feel like Necromancers can just use their transfers at will, without realizing that a transfer used on a corruption condition is a transfer not used on an enemy one, making you weaker to conditions or forcing you to weaken your build to shore up that condition weakness. I also don’t think they really invested into the idea of self-harm, most of the self harm we have is absolutely ignore-able (vuln on epidemic), or not strong enough to warrant a truly strong effect on the skill. This is further shown by what they did with Consume Conditions and Plague, instead of making these skills have really strong drawbacks with even stronger effects, they just lessened the drawback.

I don’t think ANet has really bought into their own idea of self harm skills in GW2 like they did in GW1.

Also just as an example of what they could do:

Corrosive Poison Cloud. Make it an upkeep skill, with a relatively short CD when you turn it off (say 10s, just so you can’t constantly turn it on and off). It has similar effects to now (add projectile destruction imo), but instead when you cast it you sacrifice a certain amount of flat HP, and lose HP every second while it remains in effect.

This is a really strong effect if you want it to be, or its just a more accessible version of CPC as now. If you build for it though, you could say drop CPC, and then use Blood Magic sustain to keep yourself alive while providing a long lasting AoE denial skill. Or you could pop it and jump into DS with US to mitigate the HP you are losing (you’d still lose HP, not LF, while it is on).

Much stronger drawback you have to pay attention to, but a much stronger effect. That is what corruptions should be.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

I’ve said it before, gonna say it again, giving us a 1-2 second resistance boon on casting a corruption would solve all the problems by not causing us to self-nuke, giving us enough time to transfer, but not so much resistance we can just sit in it. Not sure why this concept is so hard to accept…

in Necromancer

Posted by: CynicalFred.9135

CynicalFred.9135

I’m quite tired of arguing for the day so i’ll just speak my peace and leave it at that.
Necromancers have a whole lot of condition transfers, which means that having conditions on you can be a good thing and they’ve also got a heal that clears conditions.

With that said, for a mobile fire field and considering the theme of the berserker spec it does make sense to apply self burning especally considering how many traits warriors have to get rid of conditions…. sure it might not be the greatest thing, but if you ask me they should bump the duration of the fire field a bit and make it inflict burning on the warrior. What strikes me as messed up is the fact that warriors can get a mobile fire field on their torch, but necromancers can’t get a mobile darkness/poison field on their elite? (plague form)

If mobile fields were a thing that happens normally in game i’d be less worried, but as it is warriors are the only class that has anything like that, and personally i like the idea of it being risky to use rather than just limiting it in the traditional sense. (also how awesome would it be for necros to be able to turn into a mobile poison or darkness field, depending on what they activate. That might actually make me want to use plague instead of lich form.)

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If mobile fields were a thing that happens normally in game i’d be less worried, but as it is warriors are the only class that has anything like that, and personally i like the idea of it being risky to use rather than just limiting it in the traditional sense. (also how awesome would it be for necros to be able to turn into a mobile poison or darkness field, depending on what they activate. That might actually make me want to use plague instead of lich form.)

Tornado has been a mobile Lightning field for over two years, actually.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Dakunaito.9602

Chilling Nova: 15sec ICD and ~300dmg
same trait for Berserker but spreads burn: 2sec ICD and 680+dmg

20sec Elite skill that does 3sec stun. yes it has 1sec self stun, but what about group pvp? 3sec for opponent. “rekt him boys”. the skill did 4500k+ crit on dummies against 1600 that Chilled To The Bone did

these people are joking in front of our faces. when it comes to Necro/Reaper it has to be balanced so they add a bunch of drawbacks, but when it comes for Warrior/Berserker, “what’s balance? what are drawbacks?”

(edited by Dakunaito.9602)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Played a full scepter – dagger condition damage corruption build for a while and it felt like I was killing myself and could not generate LF without switching to power weapons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Chilling Nova: 15sec ICD and ~300dmg
same trait for Berserker but spreads burn: 2sec ICD and 680+dmg

20sec Elite skill that does 3sec stun. yes it has 1sec self stun, but what about group pvp? 3sec for opponent. “rekt him boys”. the skill did 4500k+ crit on dummies against 1600 that Chilled To The Bone did

these people are joking in front of our faces. when it comes to Necro/Reaper it has to be balanced so they add a bunch of drawbacks, but when it comes for Warrior/Berserker, “what’s balance? what are drawbacks?”

It’s a joke how warrior is a top damage and utility class, and they add even more damage, CC and survival skills on top of an entire catalog of fire fields.

Reapers get….chill and some poison. Whoopie! What a useful PvE condition.

in Necromancer

Dakunaito.9602

It’s a joke how warrior is a top damage and utility class, and they add even more damage, CC and survival skills on top of an entire catalog of fire fields.

Reapers get….chill and some poison. Whoopie! What a useful PvE condition.

the poison on GS 5 will be removed and replaced by 4sec chill

in Berserker POI in twitch, Ruby said that Berserker can’t have everything(or something like that. can’t remember exactly right now), and Hugh replied “yes it can”. the elite skill did ~4.600 crit in dummy. Necro/Reaper has to be balanced, but Warrior/Berserker nah. it doesn’t matter if it’s OP. when Robert talks about Necro/Reaper: “we don’t want XXX skill to be overpower, so we added cast time”. i’ve never heard anything like this in other classes, and never will. they did some tests and judged that elite skill with 3sec stun and just 20sec cd isn’t OP. the 2sec ICD on the trait that is like Chilling Nova isn’t OP either. oh, they put another modifier: precision to ferocity. oh, poor Warrior, it doesn’t have enough modifiers. *sniff sniff. this selective balance has started to get out of hand

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’ve said it before, gonna say it again, giving us a 1-2 second resistance boon on casting a corruption would solve all the problems by not causing us to self-nuke, giving us enough time to transfer, but not so much resistance we can just sit in it. Not sure why this concept is so hard to accept…

It doesn’t fix the issue, at all. It is just covering bad design with more bad design to bandaid the original bad design. Corruptions should not have any self harm on the skills right now. In fact if we were to remove all the self-applied conditions on the skills, some of them would still remain worthless or underpowered compared to what they should be. This shouldn’t be the case, corruption skills should be overpowered if you don’t consider their self-harm, and be balanced by that fact. Then the Master of Corruptions trait would either mitigate the self-harm, or make the skills even stronger and the self harm even worse, with maybe some way to deal with the increased self harm if you use it well.

But as it is now just adding resistance is a really bad bandaid that doesn’t even fully cover the problem.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

In fact if we were to remove all the self-applied conditions on the skills, some of them would still remain worthless or underpowered compared to what they should be.
But as it is now just adding resistance is a really bad bandaid that doesn’t even fully cover the problem.

I would even say removing them would be a nerf in the fact that I’ve gotten used to using them with plague sending and can now reliably proc it whenever I want to using the two added conditions from master of corruption.

Corruptions I feel should be our group utility, while spectral skills our our selfish utility, minions are our….let you fill that blank in, and wells our our dance utility. Least, that’s how I’m seeing it now after your post.

CpC really needs projectile destruction, Blood is power I think could be something like, for every bleed on an enemy you and allies gain a stack of might, and you copy a stack of bleeding into yourself….oh that second part just sounds horrible, just work with me! epidemic is fine I think, just needs a cast time reduction, and Corrupt boon would be great if it was an AoE corruption, though that might be a tad ridiculous.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

By design shroud was our downstate, so they made it very clear: it will be our main form.

As for zerker, setting themselves on fire to burn others perfectly fit their theme either.

I say that but really I value balance over everything: no gear grind, no skill to farm, everyone on the same foot because (almost) everything is freely accessible, was why I switched to this game. Just to realize they don’t give a catnip about balance…

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Anyone experiment much with Curses’ Plague Sending? I found it insufficient but did not watch it closely enough. Will try it more adjusting critical chance to see if there might be an ICD. It is easy to load up on conditions running traited corruption utilities so I expected the conditions self-inflicted conditions to be less of a burden.

They still hurt and it was hard to build LF.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

page 2 forum bug