Warrior Elite Livestream to a necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Anyone experiment much with Curses’ Plague Sending? I found it insufficient but did not watch it closely enough. Will try it more adjusting critical chance to see if there might be an ICD. It is easy to load up on conditions running traited corruption utilities so I expected the conditions self-inflicted conditions to be less of a burden.

They still hurt and it was hard to build LF.

Even if you can mitigate the negative effects it isn’t worth running corruptions. You could be using Plague Sending for just transferring enemy condis instead.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Yes, thought of that, too. I had tried running a corruption condition damage build but power vastly out performed it. Scepter needs an alternate condition damage weapon to swap to in short range. Maybe that will be chill damage traited weapons. However, corruption utilities need Life force generation if they are to be good.

Getting into DS using only scepter dagger was too difficult with corruptions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sebradle.7034

sebradle.7034

I’m just wondering about these discussions over corruptions. It all really just seems like this discussion came about because consume conditions got nerfed. Because, the other corruptions each have a niche use.
BoP is descent if you need the might
Corrupt Boon is amazing
Epidemic has a strong effect but is more weakened by the current ability of condition necro
Corrosive Poison Cloud is the weakest of the corruptions but I think weakness is either underrated or undertuned.
Personally, in my opinion I wish they went more in the direction of gw1 abilities or the new headbutt skill. Give corruptions powerful effects with large downsides it really suits the necromancer/blood mage theme.
EDIT: Also master of corruption is a really boring trait.

(edited by sebradle.7034)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The problem isn’t that corruptions are strictly weak, though some are, the problem is the entire theme doesn’t matter right now. If you removed all the self harm from corruptions it wouldn’t make a huge difference, except maybe for CPC. No one’s build would be ruined, they wouldn’t become OP, and (with maybe the exception of CPC) no one would pick up a corruption that wasn’t used before for any good reason.

This is a design failure. The core theme of corruptions is to gain access to a skill that would otherwise be overpowered, but is balanced because it hurts you in some way. But this isn’t what is actually happening. Corruptions as currently implemented are at best balanced skills, that for no logical reason other than to justify calling them corruptions have a self applied condition added on top.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Before consume the only decent corruptions were BiP and epidemic. BiP got nerfed despite becoming group. And epidemic has always been niche. So if anything the corruption changes just opened the eyes of the majority to the sorry state corruptions were always in.

Ive always said the self harm conditions hold back the skills and they arent good enough to justify the negatives. Being forced to take transfers or cleanses is a really big design flaw especially for very weak skills. Corruptions have never been good. They have been passable on certain builds. But only because we dont exactly have a wealth of decent alternatives.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sebradle.7034

sebradle.7034

Yeah that is what I’m saying is that they aren’t very strong in them selves. So they tacked on these weak conditions to the abilities and it just feels strange. It feels like they had this idea of making them strong with down sides but didn’t go all the way and just tacked on conditions. But if they attached more conditions to them or a health cost you could give them more power.

Example could be is give BiP a health cost and in return give might and fury.

(edited by sebradle.7034)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Even more aggravating was them disregarding player feedback and leaving consume conditions, your least crappy heal, at an increase 30 sec cd AND still with the long cast time it had, with the self vulnerability as well.

The nerve….as if all necromancer heals weren’t mediocre enough and had long cast times, they proceeded to nerf the one players bothered to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Even more aggravating was them disregarding player feedback and leaving consume conditions, your least crappy heal, at an increase 30 sec cd AND still with the long cast time it had, with the self vulnerability as well.

The nerve….as if all necromancer heals weren’t mediocre enough and had long cast times, they proceeded to nerf the one players bothered to use.

It is again one of these thematic over balance issues again, consume condition had to become a corruption skill and the corruption trait had to be place (which both were very stupid). They then had the issue that consume conditions became a full cleanse every 18 sconds which would be quite OP so they nerfed consume conditions instead of giving it the shelter treatment. But hey signet vampirism is being used, so progress am i right?

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

They increased the CD because MoC reduces the CD by 33% instead of the traditional 25% so it was kind of bait trait they knew it was bad. That is aggravating.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

They increased the CD because MoC reduces the CD by 33% instead of the traditional 25% so it was kind of bait trait they knew it was bad. That is aggravating.

The worst part of it is that that 33% cooldown is more trouble then it’s worth. The negative gets 33% cooldown reduction as well. So if you want make good use of a traited epidemic you better have a traited off hand dagger ,take 2 condi cleanses/transfer or being stuck with weakness of all stuff and that’s just 1 corruption skill in itself. Try to add “blood is power” and you need to add 2 transfers somewhere or a traited plague signet and even that doesn’t cover it.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

They basically made the heal crap unless you take a trait. How is that not worse?

Skills should be good baseline!

That’s why I detest the design of corruptions as well, they shorehorn you into using staff or offhand dagger as a transfer tool or face eating up negative conditions for no good returns…