Warriors = real necros

Warriors = real necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Very high sustain through regen, decent damage output and overall tankiness. If you think about it warriors are closer to what i had expected of the necro class when I made my first one more than a year ago.

Warriors = real necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Clearly there are other expectations of the active necromancers fulfilled that makes the community going. It is not the necromancer’s fault that warriors have it all. By that account, a warrior can represent all “real” classes.

Warriors = real necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Clearly there are other expectations of the active necromancers fulfilled that makes the community going. It is not the necromancer’s fault that warriors have it all. By that account, a warrior can represent all “real” classes.

you could say that actually.
best at applying bleeds
best at ranged dps via the undervalued rifle
best at melee dps via their entire list of melee weapons
best at escaping via whatever gs#5 is called, condi immunity, damage immunity
best at staying alive via the above and healing signet(great idea making that a thing anet)
the rest of the classes do okay at best with any of those, but not all of them.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

Warriors = real necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

best at applying bleeds
best at staying alive via the above and healing signet(great idea making that a thing anet)

hmm….

bleeds, I might give you that one.
ranged DPs is severely outshone by Elementalist and Engineer.
Melee Dps, to many variables to consider. Still outdone by a Thief and Ele though
Escaping, perhaps thief can still do it better.
Immunities I can give you to an extent, simply because without those skills the class would be utter garbage.
Healing signet is really, really not all its cracked up to be.

Wise man once said that Warriors are the solid B average student. while its peers are doing AP courses, but failing Gym.

Warriors = real necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Are these lists taking pve, pvp, and wvw in to acct or just pve because seriously ladies that’s all that really matters, I just want to stack in a corner and kill ai 45 seconds faster….. bleehhhhhh

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Warriors = real necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

Warriors have access to everything but are average to good at it all. But Healing Signet?? Really?? Keep slapping poison and the jobs done, scepter has constant access through the AA chain.

Vs a Necro it’s their CC and our lack of stability which doesn’t help.

Warriors = real necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Warriors have access to everything but are average to good at it all. But Healing Signet?? Really?? Keep slapping poison and the jobs done, scepter has constant access through the AA chain.

Warriors actually have pretty good uptime on stability via Dolyak signet & balanced stance.

The real problem a warrior runs into when fighting a necro is if the necro is specced for boon removal.
If & only if the necro is specced for boon removal do I have problems against them on my warrior.
Why ? Because warrior damage relies on lots of might & fury, that gets stolen or converted to conditions and you end up just being tanky.

I’m not complaining about it though, its really just one spec of necro that does it & its the main thing they excel at. (besides single target damage)

Warriors = real necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

Warriors actually have pretty good uptime on stability via Dolyak signet & balanced stance.

The real problem a warrior runs into when fighting a necro is if the necro is specced for boon removal.
If & only if the necro is specced for boon removal do I have problems against them on my warrior.
Why ? Because warrior damage relies on lots of might & fury, that gets stolen or converted to conditions and you end up just being tanky.

I’m not complaining about it though, its really just one spec of necro that does it & its the main thing they excel at. (besides single target damage)

Eh?? I was saying Necros have a lack of stability not Warriors. Balanced Stance is fine enough really.

If a Necro is Condi specced then Corrupt Boon should be a given in any form of PvP, you don’t need to be specced for it. Use Corrupt Boon and Scepter/Focus and boons aren’t too much of a problem.

On my Warrior it all depends on who gets the jump and how my crits come out…. And then the Necros player skill. But Necros can be inherently tanky, Dire gear Condi Necro in WvW can be hard its a crap shoot most of the time for me. (On my War)

Warriors = real necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

best at applying bleeds

hmm….

bleeds, I might give you that one.
ranged DPs is severely outshone by Elementalist if glass and Engineer if spec’d
Melee Dps, to many variables to consider. Still outdone by a Thief and Ele though
Escaping, perhaps thief can still do it better. no.
Immunities I can give you to an extent, simply because without those skills the class would be utter garbage.
Healing signet is really, really not all its cracked up to be.
yes it is. are we playing the same game?

Wise man once said that Warriors are the solid B average student. while its peers are doing AP courses, but failing Gym.

warriors are the B students of middle school, yup.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Warriors = real necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Are Necro’s the students who get top marks in metal shop?