Water Weapons should be for land use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Now before you get into all the tiny specifics about why this wouldnt work in its current design.

Have you ever just took a second to look and read what the water weapon abilities do? (or used them a bit). They’re freaking amazing and cool.

The spear is basicly the 2hnd power weapon we wished we had on land. Ae attacks, ae pull, lifesteal cloud, teleport to target.

Tridant (among many other cool things) has a combo field and finisher on ONE attack. And the 5th ability is just amazing.

Like, aside from how effective they are, they’re fun and interesting….and yes, they have more combo finishers than ANY of our land weapons.

So after giving it some thought….why are our land options not as cleverly designed?
(staff effects atleast are powerful and neat, kinda boring design imo though)

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Necro does have amazingly fun Underwater skills.

I’ve thought the same thing about Spear.
If we had land versions of those it could be really good.

The auto-attack has cleave, the leap adds some mobility, and the AoE pull would go great with Wells when combined with the Cripple from the shrimps.
If anything I’d like to see the AoE pull and the Chill on the same weapon.

It’s pretty much what I’d want to see if we had a melee Scythe.

Benight[Edge]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’d love to see them on land, with minor changes to make them work (like Entomb becoming a land-equivalent CC).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

It would be very nice.

I used the Spear skills as inspiration for coming up with a set of skills for Scythes (If they were brought in)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Suggestion-Scythes/first#post1473050

So many useful and fun abilities on underwater weapons, that seems to be lacking in the land based weapons…

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

in Necromancer

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

And that’s why I’ve been considering getting the spear or trident legendary. Kraitkin looks so awesome!

in Necromancer

Posted by: MrHaze.3690

MrHaze.3690

And that’s why I’ve been considering getting the spear or trident legendary. Kraitkin looks so awesome!

Already got the spear precursor and a few bits and pieces myself. Still have a ways to go but I love spear enough to grind it out (500 powerful blood oh god why.)

That aside, I honestly feel so much stronger when I’m underwater, even though I lose access to my (traited) wells, it’s bizarre.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

On any class except for the necromancer and mesmer I avoid water, because weapons are usually boring… But Necromancer is by far the funnest thing I’ve ever played when I’m underwater – the trident and the spear… the amount of power that I feel when using them both is just amazing.

The spear is exactly what I want on a weapon above water for the necromancer; it works perfectly for my power build. So much damage! And as for the trident… I’d prefer that weapon a million times over the terribly designed and BORING staff that we have right now… The trident has a nice dash (the only one on a necromancer whatsoever), a knockdown (sink), a giant AoE explosion, an AoE weakness and a long ranged AoE attack… It’s so much cooler and funner than the staff.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sheelzi.5803

sheelzi.5803

Foul current + Plague = Torpedo

:)

Cyrsly – Necromancer – Whiteside Ridge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fey Zeal.7032

Fey Zeal.7032

I do not think Anet will redesign water weapons to work on land. I wish they would and do the same with land weapons. Why shouldn’t swords, daggers, staffs, and so on not work underwater. This also be really nice because it would give players a larger pool of weapons to choose from.

As a side comment, this this post should be moved to the general suggestion section. As underwater weapons are not specific to Necromancer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vekthor.8914

Vekthor.8914

What could make everything better is getting the next expansion to be fully (or almost fully) underwater. This way we’d have a reason for making use of underwater combat and actually have a lot of fun. Imagine fighting a dragon underwater!

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

What could make everything better is getting the next expansion to be fully (or almost fully) underwater. This way we’d have a reason for making use of underwater combat and actually have a lot of fun. Imagine fighting a dragon underwater!

while i personally would love this, most players would hate that.

i know so many people in gw2 who got killed underwater a bit too often, couldnt be bothered to improve (or just get some up-to-date weapons) and just decided that underwater combat sucks and is bad.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

i know so many people in gw2 who got killed underwater a bit too often, couldnt be bothered to improve (or just get some up-to-date weapons) and just decided that underwater combat sucks and is bad.

Which I find hilarious. I loved the underwater skills on my Elementalist, and got a few hilarious kills in WvW just because people would chase me into the water and have no clue what to do there! It was odd. They’d just stand there and take a beating, like they were reading their skills to remember what they were for.

My Necro is even more fun because we get so much mobility that I’ve been missing on dry land.

It’s kind of sad, but I actually look forward to the “Aquatic Slayer” daily.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

The real issue is that the water weapons are simply better designed.

They are versitile and powerful and unique. They make you feel like a necromancer.

I like to compare them to the staff our only land 2hnder that is also “imo” probably one of our best weapons if not best. It does a little of everything, ae heal, ae bleed/poison/chill, ae direct damage, AE cure condition that sends it to enemies, Ae fear., has a blast finisher a combo field, and a peircing primary attack that is a combo finisher 20%.

Its a good weapon, very well rounded except for one flaw. Its boring. its 1 auto attack with 4 AE ground targetted land mines you lay then you sit for awhile periodicly reapplying them when you can. Its not in anyway unique as everything on it works the same. Only the effects are different. Even still its a very very good weapon.

Spear and Trident offer several unique abilities that work in unique ways. Spear is the perfect power weapon for someone wanting to dive into the fray and beat people up, offering lots of unique abilities and a lifesteal making you feel like a necromancer while doing it. Trident offers a mid range fighter ability similiar play style to staff but instead of boring lay down ae abilities all unique displacement and cc type abilities that hit rather hard and makes good use of conditions. (similiar to staff in feel, but less support more “bring on the pain”)

In the end, they’re both incredibly fun. It almost feels like they were designed much later…or by a seperate designer with a bit more imagination.

Personally i’d be happy with either one (preferably spear though) being made into a land useable weapon. Or have its attacks ported over to a new weapon (2hnd axe/sword or whatever)

Cause lets face it, its a waste for these things to be left as water combat only. Most combat is gonna happen above land in this game and despite arenanets valiant effort, water combat is generally found to be frusterating and boring by most players (it even prevents you from using certain utilities..)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It is very likely that one expansion is going to involve a good amount of water combat, seeing as there is an underwater dragon.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I figure they did this so that we’d actually go underwater, ever. I hate going underwater (not just the movement but the whole aesthetics as well) but necro underwater weapons really are awesome.

…not enough to make me do it on purpose, but I hate it slightly less than usual.