We Want GS viable in SPVP and WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

In case the devs have not noticed, we want the GS to be a viable weapon in SPvP and WvW.

I did notice the thread regarding the feedback from the beta weekend and i do think they are moving generaly speaking in the right direction but this Phrase troubles me:

“The original intent here was to make GS feel like more of an AoE weapon while dagger felt like more of a single target weapon. We tuned the damage ratios accordingly so that greatsword would have higher dps vs 3 or more targets as we didn’t want to devalue dagger as a melee weapon.”

Just NO. There is virtually no situation where you are hitting 3 players simultaneously and consistently in SPvP and WvW. If this is what is going to take for the GS to be viable, then there is little hope for it. You already see this with Altruistic Healing for sustain vs Monks Focus, there is virtually no environment where there is really a choice as to what use for sustain, either one is always more optimal than the other. And given this is balanced around hitting 3 targets, we can clearly see where that is headed.

I think it is very important that we clearly and state that we want to actually use this weapo in the other 2/3rds of the game and for that it needs to be viable in a 1v1 scenario.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

(edited by Apolo.5942)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I agree with you and I see it closer to being viable in WvW then sPvP currently but mainly its due to its cast-times. I think the AA even buffed is to slow, and gravedigger also gets buffed but its still to slow to hit so… In WvW Staff is king and sadly GS wont compete with that.

“There is virtually no situation where you are hitting 3 players simultaneously and consistently in SPvP and WvW”

I found that when on point in sPvP there is alot of oportunitys to do this, and i hit several players when cleaving and defending point. Nightfall is very good on point as a WoD basicly. Thos here is still the problem with say Gravedigger: the cast-time is to long… and even now when its CD can be reduced 100% its still gonna be as hard to land as before.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum