We are the chosen one! [Elite spec.]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2_DE/status/597793730016444417

So excited! The Greatsword looks really nice aswell!

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Aaaaaah, greatsword-wielding necromancy. #itshappening #confetti

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: cali.1496

cali.1496

expecting a lackluster preview same as the mesmer one on points of interest, thanks ruby

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Abaddon Greatsword.

And they picked a rat for Necromancer. Again. Where are the Charr?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I really hope PoI steps up its game this week, I was really hoping we would get a Ready Up preview with how awful the PoI one was in comparison. W/e though, we’ll finally know if we’re getting shouts or spirits or something else, and if it really is Marjory’s GS AA animation so I know how many people I have to say “I told you so” to.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

They have more feedback from the PoI and readyup so hopefully we will still get a full overview of all the traits and skills.

And most people have been saying shouts of spirits. Personally my guess is auras/orders under the guise of banners (bit of a stretch). Or the much more likely consecrations.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

They really like to make me lose my bets…
Guess it’s not Engi week then.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Let’s start the baseless speculations: the picture has a hood in it, confirmed Reaper specialization.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

The symbol in the background is what makes me think its not spirits or simple shouts.

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Let’s start the baseless speculations: the picture has a hood in it, confirmed Reaper specialization.

Plant-like sword. Most likely Greatsword will be condis/bleeding based. Also the red looks like evil eyes on the sword, so there will be some torment application as well. Maybe cripple.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

Baseless Speculations:

6 Eyed Greatsword means Abaddon. Going off of that, we know that Abaddon was the focal antagonist of the Nightfall campaign from GW1, which took part in Elona. Specifically we know the Six Gods chained Abaddon at the Mouth of Torment. The mouth is a huge pit in the Desolation. Oh look, the Necro in the art is wearing a hood… a pit into the abyss? So extrapolating from this information, and the small finger armor we see on the Asura’s right hand that depicts a claw in addition to the Shadow armor shoulders that appear to be used we can now safely assume that the Elite Specialization will be called Belinda’s Revenge and Necros will get Tricks from the Thief class as their new utilities.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Guys I might be completely mistaken but I just vaguely remember in the living story majory talking about rox helping her learn how to use the greatsword. Am I imagining this or does she say rox learnt a few stances as mandatory training from the old days? If so at the time I must’ve passed it off as simply learning to use the weapon but we may be getting the utilities stances.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: sebradle.7034

sebradle.7034

The dragonhunter art teaser had dragon gauntlets in it. So either those gauntlets or the hood are our specialization armor pieces. Can probably speculate a little off of that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Hmm I gathered from the picture they might be looking to call it wraith.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

This picture doesn’t inspire me anything… Oh! I got one baseless speculation! The guy is in a melee shroud form because he got this strange aura floating around him like a death stench while still wielding it’s GS.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

expecting a lackluster preview same as the mesmer one on points of interest, thanks ruby

This basically.
Don’t get your hopes up.
Unless its a class she actively likes, prepare for it to be rushed and lackluster

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Necromancer

Posted by: Taranotos.1567

Taranotos.1567

“In a fetal position in the corner and freakin out while sucking on his thumb.”

Someone hold me T,T “keeps crying”

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

The dragonhunter art teaser had dragon gauntlets in it. So either those gauntlets or the hood are our specialization armor pieces. Can probably speculate a little off of that.

I believe it’s the sword.

But kitten , I wish art had Charr in it. Would look 100% better. And we can’t see anything bout ears and greatsword.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darwec.3784

Darwec.3784

Guys I might be completely mistaken but I just vaguely remember in the living story majory talking about rox helping her learn how to use the greatsword. Am I imagining this or does she say rox learnt a few stances as mandatory training from the old days? If so at the time I must’ve passed it off as simply learning to use the weapon but we may be getting the utilities stances.

People have also suggested ties between Braham (Guard) and his Mother (Ranger)

And between Kasmeer and Majory (Mesmer / necro) for well sharing.

So maybe Majory learns stances or shouts from rox. Maybe she learns mantras or glamour skills from Kasmeer. Maybe her sisters dead spirit imbues her gs with some magical fluff. Cus magic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: coconutdown.6512

coconutdown.6512

I was wondering how could you tell this picture shows a necromancer?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Shouts because team support is what we lack or spirits because of how she infused her sword with her dead sister.

Would be good team support as a spirit then when its active is used we Infuse it into outer weapon and get an effect for a while.

in Necromancer

Posted by: araskell.9018

araskell.9018

I’m with spoj on this one, I’m tipping some kind of dark aura/ dark consecrations as the new spec because of the background stuff of the image.

The think that I want the most is some kind of reflect.

Lunas Deathwish | FA WvW – [BOMB]

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

The symbol in the background is what makes me think its not spirits or simple shouts.

Exactly my thoughts,

Though it could be whatever the Devs planned with DS… Whatever it is, does not seem to imply AI

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Necromancer

Posted by: araskell.9018

araskell.9018

I was wondering how could you tell this picture shows a necromancer?

Green is the color of the necro since always? And he is holding a GS, which is confirmed to be the new weapon for necro.

Lunas Deathwish | FA WvW – [BOMB]

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I really hope PoI steps up its game this week, I was really hoping we would get a Ready Up preview with how awful the PoI one was in comparison. W/e though, we’ll finally know if we’re getting shouts or spirits or something else, and if it really is Marjory’s GS AA animation so I know how many people I have to say “I told you so” to.

Clearly you don’t recognize the style of sword. Mordremslayer. It’s high concept.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

The symbol almost reminds me of a shield. So maybe we will have an extra f skill to use/toggle our lifeforce as a shield/health buffer without entering the transform.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avruk.2953

Avruk.2953

I hope it is not ‘Verb Noun’ name. It looks Faceless.

(edited by Avruk.2953)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Funny things regarding DE 2.0 and specializations.

Of the DE2.0 professions, Marjory as a Necro is the only one that can’t wield Greatsword. Rox, as a Ranger, is the only one who can’t wield a staff.

This breaks down for the rest, of course.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

The symbol almost reminds me of a shield. So maybe we will have an extra f skill to use/toggle our lifeforce as a shield/health buffer without entering the transform.

That thing behind it is a spirit.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/6/62/Aggressive_binding_spirit.jpg/250px-Aggressive_binding_spirit.jpg Look at the arched shape. Confirmed.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Not seeing it. :P

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Not seeing it. :P

Are you trying to not see it? :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

That would be so endlessly sweet.

I have to say i like DS skills but i also think that balancing pre-emptive heals (shields) is probably way easier.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Its a circular spiked symbol with no chains or bindings. Does not match the spirit in any way. :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Its a circular spiked symbol with no chains or bindings. Does not match the spirit in any way. :P

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/a/a1/Zerg_SC2_Icon2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090221153208

Clearly what that symbol is.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

That would be so endlessly sweet.

I have to say i like DS skills but i also think that balancing pre-emptive heals (shields) is probably way easier.

I actually think this is a really good idea, being able to choose between transforming and getting new abilities (while losing utilities/heal/elite), or simply turning LF on to absorb damage while you have access to your utilities/weapon skills/etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Banners because that Asura is holding the sword as if it were a stick to skewer a minion and spit it over a slowly pulsing burning field.

So, it is obvious Necromancer will get banners substituting minion skills that drop fields and AoE conditions when staking our wandering, bumbling minions in place. The minions will become turrets like Engi because Engi is awesome and everyone but Necromancer will be able to use the fields for combos and auras.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Press F then above you appear dummy that change trajectory of all attacks that would hit you its effective like 1/2 of actual DS’ pool. Add to that new skills that use life force.

“Have you ever wanted a different way to take advantage of all that life force?”
under: New Mechanics in:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-two-reward-tracks-and-elite-specializations/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Majiory can learn from Rox Shouts and survival(?) skills, and from Kasmeer Glamour, Manipulation and Mantra skills.
But there’s a large amount of unique skills that only one class have, like Stances and Venoms.
If the new utility is a Venom I can be happy, but it will be another condition utility, without a chance for Support. Unless you can share your venoms with allies and you venoms grant conditions to enemy and boons to you.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We have new ways to spend life force, I wouldn’t start ruling out utilities just from that, remember that the guardian reveal showed their new profession mechanics not traps.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

Shouts because team support is what we lack or spirits because of how she infused her sword with her dead sister.

Would be good team support as a spirit then when its active is used we Infuse it into outer weapon and get an effect for a while.

Everyone will get a dead sister to infuse in our Greatsword.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Would love a “spend x lifeforce, grant aegis and might to allies, apply weakness and vuln to yourself” or something like that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

The symbol looks to me like a stop motion arc of the sword going in a circle. Maybe some whirling defense type ability?

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I want the specialization to be called Phantom…

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

It has red in the picture! -lifestealing confirmed.
Lots of blades in the background – AoE confirmed.
Lots of green – cool Deathshroudy stuff confirmed.
Aw yis.
(Jk… stoked tho )

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

New hoodie skin condirmed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Guys isn’t the symbol behind just the dragon in the Heart of Thorns logo?

http://i.imgur.com/YWxlrOX.png

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Guys isn’t the symbol behind just the dragon in the Heart of Thorns logo?

http://i.imgur.com/YWxlrOX.png

Not quite, but INC Thornweaver! Plant-related banners it is!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I really hope the armor piece isn’t that hood. It looks so cool, but hoods will never not look like awkwardly hidden kittens on Charr.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

First i tought some kind of duplication of a greatsword or some spectral wings. But the more I look at it, the more it seems looks some creature (or at least it’s skeleton).

EverythingOP