"We do not accept any Necromancers."

in Necromancer

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

“Please also keep in mind that we do not accept any Necromancers.”

http://discretize.eu/#fractals

Arenanet developer responded to the guide with this,

“Thanks for making these!”

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6wclle/dt_fractal_guides_for_100cm_99cm_and_t4s/

Cool class. Cool devs.

P.S. It’s not out of context. Click on the Necromancer icon for the guide and see what happens.

(edited by Substatic.6958)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Remember Anet wants necros to exist solely in WvW. In every other game mode we can kitten off. Oh hi scourge are you PvE viable? No not really? PvP viable? sorta kinda huh? Ok bro see you in WvW with the reapers and vanilla necros.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I believe their response to that topic is being drawn out of context to suit ops argument.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

While it’s true that ArenaNet has let Necros linger far too long with mediocre damage and absurdly low group utility, the response to the Reddit thread was simply an ArenaNet employee thanking someone for putting together a guide about how to clear fractals quickly.

Taking the intent of the dev’s comment out of context doesn’t advance the Necro cause any. In fact, it works against it.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Remember Anet wants necros to exist solely in WvW. In every other game mode we can kitten off. Oh hi scourge are you PvE viable? No not really? PvP viable? sorta kinda huh? Ok bro see you in WvW with the reapers and vanilla necros.

Hahahahahohohoho vanilla necros in WvW, lol… next you’re gonna tell me that power is still viable compared to a deathly chill reaper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Hahahahahohohoho vanilla necros in WvW, lol… next you’re gonna tell me that power is still viable compared to a deathly chill reaper.

I roam, havoc, and zerg on a base power necro all the time. It is still quite viable, unless you run into a warrior. If you run into a warrior 1v1 you may as well /sit.

The build will consistently beat most other classes, with varying degrees of difficulty. For example, thief is all about timing and if you screw that up you’re done, power Druid can hold you out of range if you fight in an open area, but you’ll always beat revs and most guardians.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

While it’s true that ArenaNet has let Necros linger far too long with mediocre damage and absurdly low group utility, the response to the Reddit thread was simply an ArenaNet employee thanking someone for putting together a guide about how to clear fractals quickly.

Taking the intent of the dev’s comment out of context doesn’t advance the Necro cause any. In fact, it works against it.

^ That.

The dev just comment on the content not the policy of the guild. I’d prefer if he were to comment on the official forum instead of reddit but it seem that they prefer to be present elsewhere.

Like said before, the necromancer have a set of tools that make him great in WvW, especially in zer v zerg but also in small group. This is due to the fact that the necromancer’s support revolve around the idea of “condition management” and the scourge who push this idea over the top, will be a total beast in wvw. In fact the scourge being freed from the shackles of the shroud could even be great as a roaming spec.

Alas, this skillset does not work well in areas where there is no boons or incoming conditions. This is why in PvE, the necromancer is less desirable and scourge who focus on those tools will most likely quickly lose it’s popularity in this gamemode as soon as the novelty will fade.

The fact is that the necromancer is a popular profession but it does not give enough benefit to a group to be a profession that a group “want” in PvE. There is loads of necromancers that legitimatly want to do the PvE content but guilds that want to “speedrun” just can’t open their doors to classes that don’t benefit any group. If they need damages, there are better professions, if they need support, there are also better professions and if they need tanks, there are still better professions than a necromancer.

All of this is due to 1 and only thing : the support that a necromancer provide is good for WvW but totally unneeded in PvE. Worst than that, this support supposed to boost the necromancer’s damage end up boosting nothing in PvE.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

I’m 90% sure the guild is joking about the fact that people who are more casual about fracs often bring 4 necros and 1 druid because your party is near unkillable then. it also makes fights hella slow so its sort of looked down upon by the speedrun fractalers. They’d probably be meh about playing with a necro but they added that as a joke reference to the 4 necros 1 druid thing. Dont read into it too much.

If you’d bring burn guard or DPS mesmer they’d be like “wtf is this” aswell but the necro thing is a bit of a meme.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

Hello, plat scrub here with plenty of raiding experience.
Just wanted to say necromancer is not as kitten as you all make it out to be.

It’s not great; it’s got flaws.
But it also has strengths and people seem to either gloss over it, or hump the metabattle builds into oblivion despite it being outdated to all hell.
Necromancer is a class that thrives on something rare and unique.

“Gimmicks”

Epidemic, plague signet/sending, and that long forgotten skillset “wells”.
In pvp, wells create areas of denial. When traited and played with any inkling of damage or skill, wells tell bunker builds “no. this is my point. leave or be corrupted and killed as I heal off of your pitiful attempts to hold point.”

Even mender’s druids get told to bugger off as you destroy their predictable (even in plat) Pointblank + Rapidfire combo.
The metabattle condi burst build that was going on? Signets of suffering or something like that being used to just burst corrupted condis on people and gain like 15-20 might in a short timespan?
That’s a gimmick if I ever seen one.

Plague signet/sending is one hell of a “no, kitten you”. Especially to bursty condi builds.
I want to say plague sending/signet is one of the bigger reasons burn guards and condi thieves rarely make it into higher divisions. (that and teammates using cleanses properly, applying good cc, and coordinating to obliterate threats)

Also do you know how much of a dps boost an epi bounce gives?
It’s kind of backwards. You not only explode the heck out of the boss, but any adds nearby will scream as they get two epis worth of conditions.

And lets not forget the “bugfixed” raiding build of the past.
Viper horrors. Where you use a power elite for a singular skill and any spillover healing from the druids boosts your dps, theoretically infinitely.
It’s CURRENT dps build is by and far the most gimmicked thing to date. CHILL FIELDS Hello? That’s so backwards lmao.

You guys though, you’re so keen to tunnel in on the flaws.
Weak to cc, vulnerable to focus, lack of immunities/invulns.
Maybe it’s not a bad thing to lack such mechanics? Those things do kind of promote very annoying play patterns.. especially when stacked up on the same class. (remember perma evade thief?)

Oh well. That’s my two cents. Necro is fine, a few other classes are busted… and even then not by much. (average dps of dps builds is around 30-32k with few outliers)

Would I turn down buffs to my favorite class? Absolutely bloody not.
IMO, power is kept down because of the problematic nature of deathly chill. Until that trait is reworked, power will likely continue to be kept down. (something about power budgets)

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Cool class. Cool devs.

1. They made good guides which are actually really helpful, so thanks to them for that. Seems the Fractal developer agrees.
  2. They run a speedclearing guild, and Necromancer’s are not optimal for speedclearing so they don’t want any. Let them run a guild how they want to.
  3. These two things are completely unrelated, and so your post is grasping at straws to justify whatever point you’re trying to make.
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

What’s the record, of one has been set, for 100 cm? Just completed it last night with a necro in party in 16 minutes 45 seconds. They can do what they want with their guild, but to exclude them for such a reason seems odd.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Cool class. Cool devs.

1. They made good guides which are actually really helpful, so thanks to them for that. Seems the Fractal developer agrees.
  2. They run a speedclearing guild, and Necromancer’s are not optimal for speedclearing so they don’t want any. Let them run a guild how they want to.
  3. These two things are completely unrelated, and so your post is grasping at straws to justify whatever point you’re trying to make.

I generally think it’s no big deal at all. But for the sake of getting the effects right:

A guild creates a guide to raise its popularity, to get new members or whatever. → The guild attitude promotes class racism → Any dev comment, even when 100% unintended as in this case creates more popularity and interest for that guild → Ultimately spreading more class racism :P

I mean it really is no big deal if a dev finds a guide good or something at all, but really, even such small things causes growth to bad attitudes, despite the good intent.

in Necromancer

Substatic.6958

I believe their response to that topic is being drawn out of context to suit ops argument.

Cool class. Cool devs.

Click on the Necromancer class guide on their site and tell me what happens.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Cool class. Cool devs.

If thats what you took from it you missed the point of the thanks.

You’re mixing a guilds personal feelings towards a class and what the devs are actually thanking them for. The two things, like Rising said, are completely unrelated. You’re trying to make it that the devs condoning how the guild personally look at necro and not how inherently useful videos detailing mechanics etc are for people who either find an encounter difficult etc.

You are literally trying to make it something its not.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Substatic.6958

Cool class. Cool devs.

You’re mixing a guilds personal feelings towards a class and what the devs are actually thanking them for. The two things, like Rising said, are completely unrelated. You’re trying to make it that the devs condoning how the guild personally look at necro and not how inherently useful videos detailing mechanics etc are for people who either find an encounter difficult etc.

So since the Dev went through it, is he aware Necro needs buffs?

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

Let’s not pose the necromancer as a victim… they got “nothing to say” about revenant either.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

Maybe we could put necro and rev in the mystic forge and get a meta class out of it ? :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Cool class. Cool devs.

A dev giving a guide a reply does not mean he read every single sentence, clicked every link, looked at every image and every video, and then carefully considered a response.

That dev is also not responsible for class balance.

Please, stop embarassing your fellow necros with this pathetic, wimpering behavior. Our class has issues, but hounding a dev for a good natured comment is absolutely counterproductive and makes us all look like little, whiny brats.

(And that aside: I cannot blame the guild. A guild focused on SPEEDRUNNING obviously doesn’t want necros. Our DPS in fractals is mediocre to low, I can outdps my own necro easily with half the other classes. Necros, in their current state, are not a speedrunning class. We’re more an enthusiasts class, more comparable to an oldtimer that is driven for the fun of it, not for maximum effectiveness. This isn’t fine. I’d like this changed. But until it is changed, it just makes sense for a high-efficiency guild to give us a pass)

(edited by Zefiris.8297)

in Necromancer

Substatic.6958

Cool class. Cool devs.

A dev giving a guide a reply does not mean he read every single sentence, clicked every link, looked at every image and every video, and then carefully considered a response.

That dev is also not responsible for class balance.

Please, stop embarassing your fellow necros with this pathetic, wimpering behavior. Our class has issues, but hounding a dev for a good natured comment is absolutely counterproductive and makes us all look like little, whiny brats.

Your tactic has surely been working over the last 5 years.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

It’s only one subpar guild that focuses on only subpar gameplay. It has nothing to do with the state of necro whatsoever.

WvW Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Why this discussion right before Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flubbernaut.9584

Flubbernaut.9584

It’s only one subpar guild that focuses on only subpar gameplay. It has nothing to do with the state of necro whatsoever.

I would disagree. Necros as a whole are completely rejected from any and all forms of pve. Nobody wants us in fractals, especially not the 40 farm. Raids are completely off the table for us. Etc.

Its completely normal to have people in your party bite your head off for being a necromancer. Hell, I’ve seen a fractal party advertise “all welcome”, kick a necro who tried to join, then at the end put “no fuqing necros”.

Every class has flaws, but necromancers are so unwanted because they have so little to give

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I would disagree. Necros as a whole are completely rejected from any and all forms of pve. Nobody wants us in fractals, especially not the 40 farm. Raids are completely off the table for us. Etc.

Its completely normal to have people in your party bite your head off for being a necromancer. Hell, I’ve seen a fractal party advertise “all welcome”, kick a necro who tried to join, then at the end put “no fuqing necros”.

Every class has flaws, but necromancers are so unwanted because they have so little to give

Most 100 CM’s involve a necro, don’t know what the kitten you’re talking about. It’s a stupidly flexible and useful class in T4 fractals, with epidemic and viable ranged damage for bosses like the Final Chaos one. In Observatory you can continue to apply damage while doing the tasks for the group such as bouncing the ball whereas most other specs are forced to melee to sustain damage.

Necros are bad in raids and bad in pvp/wvw roaming, but they sure as hell are not bad in fractals.

in Necromancer

Rising Dusk.2408

Most 100 CM’s involve a necro, don’t know what the kitten you’re talking about.

For full awareness, speed clear groups—like the guild that made the guides—use 2x Elementalists as their DPS classes in 100CM for much higher overall damage and utility than a Necromancer offers. The PUG safe-strategies typically vary wildly from the optimal speed clear strategies (See: Deimos).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

I have never, once, had an issue with staying in a party for PvE content due to my class choice. I regularly carry T4 fractals as a Necromancer when I have to do them with less skilled pugs (most likely failing at playing meta classes). If you know how to do your job and do it well, then most people don’t give a kitten. The only people who truly care about your class choice are either the people that make up 0.5% of the player base trying to perform the most rigorous, unnecessary tasks, or the individuals who get annoyed that despite your class choice, you actually just fail to perform the content in question.

As for this post, this is the definition of pulling something out of context. Stop falsifying your picture to try to strengthen a case for the class. It has issues, but this is not the way to try and fix them, especially considering all you’re doing is crying and pointing fingers at others rather than doing something actually constructive.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

For full awareness, speed clear groups—like the guild that made the guides—use 2x Elementalists as their DPS classes in 100CM for much higher overall damage and utility than a Necromancer offers. The PUG safe-strategies typically vary wildly from the optimal speed clear strategies (See: Deimos).

And? How many of the runs done by the public involve speed clears, and particularly successful ones?

Necromancer has never been bad in fractals. My condi revenant is not an ele in CM100, but we clear it every time with ease just the same.

People are being utterly ridiculous about class comps in this game.

This is not WoW mythic let alone FFXIV Savage, much less Wildstar raiding level of difficulty.

The raids are cleared the day they come out. The tuning is super relaxed on the encounters.

When people are being class kittens, they’re being idiots for no reason whatsoever.

We’re not talking people running DPS builds in minstrel. Any class will meet the necessary checks with a set of berzerkers or viper.

If anything, fractal CM’s are much more reliant on having a druid and PS warrior more than anything else.

There’s absolutely no reason to turn down any DPS spec in fractals outside imporper gearing/traits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Conqueror.3682

Conqueror.3682

I see this site and

Only 2 builds, for mesmer and warrior

Guardian- coming soon
Thief- coming soon
Elementalist- coming soon
Engineer- coming soon
Ranger- coming soon
Necro- nothing to say
Revenant- nothing to say

Boss guides are meh

what a bad site….

Only in death, you find true freedom

(edited by Conqueror.3682)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

To be honest, given the way the content in this game works there really is no reason to not bring any class. All you need is a player who understands the mechanics and is willing to run an optimal spec for the content.

This Fractal “speed clearing” guild is pretty ridiculous if they really don’t accept Necromancers. The time-to-kill goes up by perhaps a few seconds if they really are downing the Fractal at warp speed, and unless there is some competitive speedunning for Fractals that I don’t know about that time differential isn’t going to matter.

Necros have problems. I mean, they have A LOT of problems. But none of those problems should lock the class out of raids and Fractals.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i dunno about you guys but i have a better chance staying alive with my necro then with my rev, let alone my engi…..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i dunno about you guys but i have a better chance staying alive with my necro then with my rev, let alone my engi…..

because you cant skillfully dodge or use the many blocks/invulns these classes have, that you need a big hp to facetank with? that doesn’t mean necro by itself is more survivable.

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

because you cant skillfully dodge or use the many blocks/invulns these classes have, that you need a big hp to facetank with? that doesn’t mean necro by itself is more survivable.

Rev heals are kitten, let’s not pretend rev survival is great in PvE.

And condi rev brings no blocks whatsoever. It’s actually really bad because mace 3 is an animation lock leap with irregularity.

The only “block” condi rev could offer is if he kitten his own dps to bring Glint, and be lucky enough to achieve aggro to absorb the damage into healing on glint’s heal with a whopping 30 sec cd.

No point in speaking about sword/sword power rev since they’ve gutted its damage due to pvp, same as necromancer.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Necromancer

Rising Dusk.2408

There’s absolutely no reason to turn down any DPS spec in fractals outside imporper gearing/traits.

Let people play the game how they want. If they want to go crazy with speedclears because they find it fun, they can do what they want and make their guild how they want. If you want to yolo with anyone that has a pulse, go for it.

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Let people play the game how they want. If they want to go crazy with speedclears because they find it fun, they can do what they want and make their guild how they want. If you want to yolo with anyone that has a pulse, go for it.

Where in my statement did I say people should be barred from doing what they want?

I just said they’re idiots. It dramatizes some classes as being “worthless” when in fact they’ll suffice just fine.

This is not yoloing. It’s not some joke comp or build with terrible cases of inefficiency.

It’s about as ridiculous as the qT guide showing condi reaper as 33-34k DPS and then somehow still not recommending them for most raid encounters.

And then sheeple take these silly recommendations out of context and believe you can’t do raids unless you have these overly restrictive class comps.

Should necro be addressed? Sure, so should mesmers, revenants, rangers, and most power specs that are not guardian or thief.

But let’s not pretend like the exclusion of many of these specs is completely thoughtless overreaction.

Something’s wrong in this game when a game like WoW mythic raids has more spec representation on harder content than the fluff raids in this game. It’s a community self-inflicted issue.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

It’s about as ridiculous as the qT guide showing condi reaper as 33-34k DPS and then somehow still not recommending them for most raid encounters.

Come on… repeat after me! “The issue is offensive team support”.
Mesmers drown into support they are invaluable in raid.
Warrior don’t even need to think to grant 25 might stack to everyone and it’s grandma, best buddy in raid.
Ranger add pure dps and precision to everyone for free.
Thief/elementalist have a long history of high direct dps, they are historically good and still have a lot of value, ele being a good provider of usefull fields/bursty conjure and thief the king of trash skipping.
Engi grant more condi damage and don’t bother anyone with non wanted field.
Revenant lack dps but have still some use with it’s boon duration buff and ferocity buff.
The guardian currently hold his own with a good dps and a few usefull utility here and there forgiving it’s undesirable fields.

And the necromancer… is still stuck with undesirable fields, useless (from a PvE point of view) support tools, an abysmal power dps and a condition dps that is highly dependant of ice fields which are undesirable for everyone else.

Guilds that want to speedrun are often on limelight, they showcase their achievement and end up being role model for those that struggle in the end game content. These guilds work hard on their team comp, squizing the best out of all team members to achieve the best result possible. There is high competition for a spot for each classe and when it come to a necromancer that struggle at dps, have inexistent offensive support and lay fields that tend to reduce damage from other more that improving it… well, they can only put aside such a profession.

Players often say that gw2 pve is all about dps. In fact it’s right and wrong, it’s all about how your group can achieve the highest dps possible and for this offensive support is king. The necromancer having a minor dps and close to no usefull offensive support, it’s logical that they are taken lightly.

Anet can pile up as much “condition management” as they want onto the necromancer, this is not a support that will help him to stand out enough to not be ignored in PvE. Vampiric aura add close to no dps, barrier add no dps, revive effect mock the ability of your teammates, corruption are not needed, drawing condition is laughable as team support. This is how a necromancer is seen. If anet’s dev were to just give 1 trait that improve sensibly the team damage on the core necromancer, there wouldn’t be any of those thread on the necromancer subforum.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I run a DPS meter pretty much 24/7, and I can honestly say that most of the Reapers I run across are out damaging everyone else in my pug fractals.

I can also say I’ve never seen anyone turned away in a fractal, unless they were afk’ing, or literally had 0 clue how to press buttons on their keyboard.

Some of you guys must have horrible luck with pugs I guess.

That’s because it requires chill finishers, which will be overrided by both the chronos & tempests in your group.

If it existed in a bubble, it would be great.

Outside of the bubble, it’s just “okay”.

If you’re looking to speed run a raid, ehhhhhhhhhh~~

If you’re pugging a raid, give it a go.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

The important thing to remember with Necromancer or Reaper is to not use fields. Use only finishers and use them on Fire fields as much as possible. Forget about Executioner’s Scythe unless you are specifically attacking a break bar.

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Intentions or not,a developer responded to a guide and not to theyr own 5 year old full of posts forum.
Also that line can and it will be missinterpreted,thus further promoting necro hatred.
I can easily compare this to a scene of a cop buying donuts while a murder is happening right next to him.
And instead of responding to the murder,he turns and thanks the murderer.
This is exactly what happened there.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaft.8194

Zaft.8194

And? How many of the runs done by the public involve speed clears, and particularly successful ones?

Necromancer has never been bad in fractals. My condi revenant is not an ele in CM100, but we clear it every time with ease just the same.

People are being utterly ridiculous about class comps in this game.

This is not WoW mythic let alone FFXIV Savage, much less Wildstar raiding level of difficulty.

The raids are cleared the day they come out. The tuning is super relaxed on the encounters.

When people are being class kittens, they’re being idiots for no reason whatsoever.

We’re not talking people running DPS builds in minstrel. Any class will meet the necessary checks with a set of berzerkers or viper.

If anything, fractal CM’s are much more reliant on having a druid and PS warrior more than anything else.

That’s the funny thing about this game. It has the easiest PvE content in the genre, being far, far easier/simpler than WoW’s Mythics or XIV’s Savage/Ultimate raids, yet it has probably the most hardcore “REEEE MY META” adherents I’ve ever seen.

Don’t get me wrong, Necromancer has things wrong with it that I would love to see fixed. But unless you’re going for a world first clear or a record-breaking speed run, you could bring 10 headless chickens and still clear raids/fractals/etc in this game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

I roam, havoc, and zerg on a base power necro all the time. It is still quite viable, unless you run into a warrior. If you run into a warrior 1v1 you may as well /sit.

The build will consistently beat most other classes, with varying degrees of difficulty. For example, thief is all about timing and if you screw that up you’re done, power Druid can hold you out of range if you fight in an open area, but you’ll always beat revs and most guardians.

What is your full build?

in Necromancer

Hesacon.8735

What is your full build?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQNAndGlc0waag5NgeOOqFK5QM2BcMsHhSAOnBwMA-TVDFQBN4IAURlgA4EAkGdA6T9nkocgd7PkHNBKRJG60CIgDBgCVSQgHAAhAKPGA-w

Demolisher’s stats from spvp available in wvw would be a nice feature to have.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

What is your full build?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQNAndGlc0waag5NgeOOqFK5QM2BcMsHhSAOnBwMA-TVDFQBN4IAURlgA4EAkGdA6T9nkocgd7PkHNBKRJG60CIgDBgCVSQgHAAhAKPGA-w

I generally advise against causing your Vitality to change when you swap weapons, since it will directly alter the amount of Life Force you have while in combat. On top of that, reducing your Vitality in combat will cause you to lose a proportionate amount of Health that you won’t get back by swapping your weapons again, so you can literally kill yourself by weapon swapping at too low of a life total.

TL;DR Try to make your weapons all use the same stats.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

That’s because it requires chill finishers, which will be overrided by both the chronos & tempests in your group.

no. thats not how it works. you can manipulate fields by movement. read about it.

The important thing to remember with Necromancer or Reaper is to not use fields. Use only finishers and use them on Fire fields as much as possible. Forget about Executioner’s Scythe unless you are specifically attacking a break bar.

wtf did i just read? no, thats not how reaper works. you need to cast the chill field for bleeds and then whirl in it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

Come on… repeat after me! “The issue is offensive team support”.
Mesmers drown into support they are invaluable in raid.
Warrior don’t even need to think to grant 25 might stack to everyone and it’s grandma, best buddy in raid.
Ranger add pure dps and precision to everyone for free.
Thief/elementalist have a long history of high direct dps, they are historically good and still have a lot of value, ele being a good provider of usefull fields/bursty conjure and thief the king of trash skipping.
Engi grant more condi damage and don’t bother anyone with non wanted field.
Revenant lack dps but have still some use with it’s boon duration buff and ferocity buff.
The guardian currently hold his own with a good dps and a few usefull utility here and there forgiving it’s undesirable fields.

And the necromancer… is still stuck with undesirable fields, useless (from a PvE point of view) support tools, an abysmal power dps and a condition dps that is highly dependant of ice fields which are undesirable for everyone else.

Guilds that want to speedrun are often on limelight, they showcase their achievement and end up being role model for those that struggle in the end game content. These guilds work hard on their team comp, squizing the best out of all team members to achieve the best result possible. There is high competition for a spot for each classe and when it come to a necromancer that struggle at dps, have inexistent offensive support and lay fields that tend to reduce damage from other more that improving it… well, they can only put aside such a profession.

Players often say that gw2 pve is all about dps. In fact it’s right and wrong, it’s all about how your group can achieve the highest dps possible and for this offensive support is king. The necromancer having a minor dps and close to no usefull offensive support, it’s logical that they are taken lightly.

Anet can pile up as much “condition management” as they want onto the necromancer, this is not a support that will help him to stand out enough to not be ignored in PvE. Vampiric aura add close to no dps, barrier add no dps, revive effect mock the ability of your teammates, corruption are not needed, drawing condition is laughable as team support. This is how a necromancer is seen. If anet’s dev were to just give 1 trait that improve sensibly the team damage on the core necromancer, there wouldn’t be any of those thread on the necromancer subforum.

You are wrong about boon corrupt and condition corrupt, as both abilities are highly useful.You underestimate the power of well of power and boon corruption as both are very useful, especially in tier 2 fractals where you get a bajillion conditions.I actually got a ton of stability from using well of power.Plus:You need to corrupt the stability of the enemy to make boss easier for group, and that is nice.Do you have any idea how many conditions and cripples you get in cliffside tier 2 from fanatics and the enchanters? A LOT!! well of power might as well be a must have since there are so many, and you also get quite a lot of condies as well from underground facility enemies because they spam their ground attack.Plus:Your team if standing near you get lots of stuff from the pulse.Sure it could use a buff but don’t under estimate these my friend.

(edited by Axl.8924)

in Necromancer

Hesacon.8735

What is your full build?

I generally advise against causing your Vitality to change when you swap weapons, since it will directly alter the amount of Life Force you have while in combat. On top of that, reducing your Vitality in combat will cause you to lose a proportionate amount of Health that you won’t get back by swapping your weapons again, so you can literally kill yourself by weapon swapping at too low of a life total.

TL;DR Try to make your weapons all use the same stats.

I’ve never observed that happening, but I also haven’t looked for it. I’m going to have to play around with it for sure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

Where in my statement did I say people should be barred from doing what they want?

I just said they’re idiots. It dramatizes some classes as being “worthless” when in fact they’ll suffice just fine.

This is not yoloing. It’s not some joke comp or build with terrible cases of inefficiency.

And then sheeple take these silly recommendations out of context and believe you can’t do raids unless you have these overly restrictive class comps.

Should necro be addressed? Sure, so should mesmers, revenants, rangers, and most power specs that are not guardian or thief.

But let’s not pretend like the exclusion of many of these specs is completely thoughtless overreaction.

Something’s wrong in this game when a game like WoW mythic raids has more spec representation on harder content than the fluff raids in this game. It’s a community self-inflicted issue.

Yeah there is this weird disconnect in GW2.

GW2 is a casual game. Almost everything about it is casual.

Yet somehow raids are considered this elite area where only the very best, optimal setups can succeed.

WoW for all its faults actually has a casual raider community (and a serious one of course) where this elitist behaviour would be considered terrible.

Its like people can’t accept that GW2 PvE is easy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Who the kitten cares what some dudes want. It’s their guild, they can accept whatever they want.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

wtf did i just read? no, thats not how reaper works. you need to cast the chill field for bleeds and then whirl in it.

Feel free to use Necromancer’s fields in open world PvE, WvW, and PvP.

In instanced PvE, Necromancer’s fields, especially chill, nerfs the rest of your group’s combinations from the time when when your field comes up as eldest to when it expires. Alternatively, you could go stand somewhere else so that your fields do not overlap fire fields from other players, or water fields and such.

Just because you proc bleeds from whirling in a chill field does not mean it is the best option for group dps. Save your finishers and leap for fire fields. Save your chill field(s) for breakbars, if you must use them at all because Flesh Golem, war horn, and fear are substantial by themselves.

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Feel free to use Necromancer’s fields in open world PvE, WvW, and PvP.

In instanced PvE, Necromancer’s fields, especially chill, nerfs the rest of your group’s combinations from the time when when your field comes up as eldest to when it expires. Alternatively, you could go stand somewhere else so that your fields do not overlap fire fields from other players, or water fields and such.

Just because you proc bleeds from whirling in a chill field does not mean it is the best option for group dps. Save your finishers and leap for fire fields. Save your chill field(s) for breakbars, if you must use them at all because Flesh Golem, war horn, and fear are substantial by themselves.

You realize you’re lecturing a guy from rT on how to raid as necro.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

i dont even know what to say to that xD this guy doesn’t know how combo fields work and wants necros to run golem and warhorn in raids

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

i dont even know what to say to that xD this guy doesn’t know how combo fields work and wants necros to run golem and warhorn in raids

That is out of context. I meant that you do not need Executioner’s Scythe for break bars, in raids or any other group PvE. There are plenty of other options that do not leave a chill field.

Learn not to nerf others’ dps by leaving chill fields where they are not wanted or play your own way. It is your call.