Weakening Shroud is over tuned now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Okay, shoot me, I know us necros are under a lot of heat right now. However, I just wanted to say that with the change in Weakness, Weakening Shroud is a little too powerful for an adept. It triggers an aoe 12 second weakness(+condis) on DS that is 7-10 seconds long. It’s easily full uptime weakness after the patch plus bleed stacks, I just feel like its one of the things making the 30/30/10 builds a little too over the top. Sorry if it offends the rest of the necros out there, but I’m just being reasonable.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Can’t nerf everything. Once they choose what the worst offender is, or worst combo (and I think we all know what that will be) all these other traits and skills will fall in line.

Necro gets long weaknesses intentionally to help them be more survivable and ‘stay in the pocket’ while having no access to vigor, escapes, invulnerability, strong mobility, or easy to reach stability.

Right now most Necro builds are still way too squishy even with weakness, and that is why they are talking about upping our survivability more, especially if they cut back on DPS.

The problem with weakness, is that while its good 1v1, when getting focus fired you cannot guarantee to have it on everyone hitting you. So in that sense its a far worse defense than Protection, Vigor, Block, etc, which are inherent to your own defenses regardless of the damage source. Also as a condition, it remains far easier to remove than defensive boons.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The trait has an internal cooldown of 15 seconds. I believe they forgot to nerf the weakness duration like they did with dagger offhand though.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

The problem I’m running into is it’s almost too necessary to have. I don’t like having so many mandatory traits that take away from diversity. Plus some of the other things may not need nerfed so much if things like this weren’t left unchecked.

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

Plus some of the other things may not need nerfed so much if things like this weren’t left unchecked.

Except we are tuned way too offensively right now, while most builds are rather squishy, and therefore just the opposite of needing our defenses nerfed even more.

The problem they see is our pressure and DPS, there is no way those things are going to be untouched by further reducing our defenses.

This direction would be like if at the height of DD ele’s strength, someone said, let’s weaken their DPS more and make them even more survivable.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Plus some of the other things may not need nerfed so much if things like this weren’t left unchecked.

Except we are tuned way too offensively right now, while most builds are rather squishy, and therefore just the opposite of needing our defenses nerfed even more.

The problem they see is our pressure and DPS, there is no way those things are going to be untouched by further reducing our defenses.

This direction would be like if at the height of DD ele’s strength, someone said, let’s weaken their DPS more and make them even more survivable.

Weakness is one of the best boons in the game, and this trait is offensive. And defensive. The class needs more class-mechanic defenses, not mandatory trait defenses.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Weakness is one of the best boons in the game, and this trait is offensive. And defensive. The class needs more class-mechanic defenses, not mandatory trait defenses.

Weakness is actually a condition. If arena net want’s to reduce weakness duration, they gotta at least buff our survivability.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Weakness is actually a condition. If arena net want’s to reduce weakness duration, they gotta at least buff our survivability.

I already agree with that (and so do they) as for next patch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: joshisanonymous.5270

joshisanonymous.5270

It doesn’t feel necessary to me. I usually take it but I’ve been trying out a 30/30/10 build with Reaper’s Precision instead. Weakening Shroud doesn’t help me much when I’m pretty much always out of LF because I have barely any way to gain it with this build (using staff and scepter/dagger). Besides, it’s not 100% uptime unless the people you’re fighting are standing on top of you (actually I’m not sure of the range) every time you pop in and out of DS. I don’t believe the effect pulses while you’re in DS, it just casts one time when you enter, and not even every time you enter because of the cooldown. Even if it’s powerful, it’s not super reliable.

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

The skill misses a lot because the radius is pretty tight. With people dodging all over the place or even just juking in and out, even in melee fights its prone to not hitting.

The long cast time of the animation to come down from the sky also means enemies often have moved by the time it activates, vs when you hit DS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

The radius is huge, the size of a greater mark. The animation is small. I don’t remember if it used to look different, but I guess it probably did and got hit in the big particle effect cleanup during beta.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

I love this trait. didn’t realise the radius of it though that is surprising.

if this gets nerfed, I will not be happy, infact I will be very unhappy.

its not a mandatory trait at all, probably the best for condition users but you have ground targeted wells and extra LF gain n the same line so depends what you want to go for with the build I guess.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

compared to other classes it’s far away from being super powerful. useful maybe, you can pick something else and not be sad panda.

but honestly unless you can do some kind of weakness/“sustainable” blind with your necro you’re going to be a bit squishy since there’s no vigor/regen/protection/evades or blocks whatever other classes get when traited that way with similar level of traits.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

The radius is huge, the size of a greater mark. The animation is small. I don’t remember if it used to look different, but I guess it probably did and got hit in the big particle effect cleanup during beta.

Well yeah but you can aim greater marks. Maybe its the delay to activate more than the size I don’t know but doesn’t always hit stuff even in melee fights, one dodge roll they are out of range.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Yeah it’s definitely harder to land on anyone who isn’t trying to melee you than a mark. It’s quite a long delay. The only reason I commented was because I had actually forgotten myself just how big it was and was reminded by a video I watched yesterday.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in Necromancer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Can’t nerf everything.

I wouldn’t trust Anet so much.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

This is one of the very little group support Necromancers can give out. Moreover, to last a bit in big fights, you either decrease the power of everyone around you, or you increase your survivability, and it is obvious this serves as the first case.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dylninja.4216

Dylninja.4216

I hope they don’t change it. I love DS flippin for it and the Fury
Definitely helps me take less dmg while im smacking away with my dagger

[PRO] The Protectorate of Fort Aspenwood
Shrouded Bomber

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Take your elementalist, give hin a staff, sit in earth attunement and enjoy ennemi perma weakened.

Weakness ain’t this mandatory nor this trait. WS was already a good trait even with the CD before. Most of the people complaint that condition are to easy too clean. Necromancer ain’t the best with the weakening condition.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

I love how we necromancers are being EMO this days… ohh yeh weakeing shroud is OP, is self cast… if youre not on your target face youre going to waste it… OP?

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

We should just be nerfed into the ground so noone plays a necro again and everyone is happy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

what I don’t understand is why necromancers have complained about being under powered for so long, and now we get a buff everyone complains.

EVEN THE NECROMANCERS.

the only class to complain about how strong they are.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Idd, masochists.

Although we are still underpowered and useless with any semi interesting build. And completely useless in high level pve.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Take your elementalist, give hin a staff, sit in earth attunement and enjoy ennemi perma weakened.

Ok, but now you’re basically dedicating 90% of your time to keeping one target under Weakness. This is generally a bad idea.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

what I don’t understand is why necromancers have complained about being under powered for so long, and now we get a buff everyone complains.

EVEN THE NECROMANCERS.

the only class to complain about how strong they are.

Because most of them don’t main a Necromancer, they had one, shelved it, and played another class until this was buffed. Now that Necromancer is somewhat strong enough to compete against their beloved classes, they whine like little girls.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Excuse me, I ONLY play Necromancer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

I can’t begin to imagine what is the next thing fellow necromancers will call OP. We used to always hope for defenses to be inline so we can actually be the class advertised; an attrition class. Now that we have been tweaked into something more offensive, Its as if everyone wants Glass to be the only option. Nerf Consume Conditions, nerf Putrid Mark, nerf Weakening Shroud, nerf fear duration base… Did everything really get flipped on the side so bad by two conditions that people dont want survivability anymore?

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Weakness isn’t all that significant, and even less so with all the cleansing.

Honestly, burning breaks our theme and is a bit OP. Replace it with torment and leave the rest of our class alone.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

So you guys don’t play much of the other classes, huh? I get the impression that Necros are so used to the “dog’s eye view” of class balance (i.e. always looking up at everyone else) that they can’t seem to fathom being able to do what pretty much every other class has been doing since release.

There are some minor tweaks needed to add a little counter play to some skills, and adjust for the new Weakness and Blind fixes (I won’t call them buffs since they were completely useless before) but what you guys are calling OP has been well within the realm of possibility for every other class since release.

We just got buffed out of obscurity, and you people want to be sent straight back… lulz

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long