Weakness vs Vulnerability for conditions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadowcaster.9281

Shadowcaster.9281

Q:

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone an explain to me the difference between Weakness and Vulnerability? And which of these are good for my bleed and Poison conditions? I am currently running Scepter / Dagger with a staff off hand and am finding it a hassle to out down all the marks.

The idea is, i would rather evade and leave a mark of blood everytime while speading my conditions and then switching weapons to an Axe / focus combo, though some are suggesting warhorn.

So your inputs would help me a great deal understand which could be best for my playstyle.

Thanks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I’d call Weakness a defensive condition, while Vulnerability is more of an aggressive condition. Weakness lowers the damage a foe can output (50% damage reduction on 50% of their non-critical attacks) while Vulnerability increases the direct damage (not condition damage!) that a foe takes. (Up to 25% additional damage.)

Unfortunately, neither of these conditions really interact with bleed or poison.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

Every stack of vulnerability increases incoming damage on that person by 1%, up to 25% for 25 stacks. This however only effects regular damage, not condition damage like bleeds.

Weakness makes half of all non critical hits do half of their regular damage, so on an opponent with zero crit chance, this would make them do 25% less damage. Weakness also reduces the endurace recharge rate of players by 50%, so it’s quite useful in PvP, but this part of the condition is completely useless for PvE (I recall one boss in arah dodges, maybe others do, but they don’t do it very often, and probably don’t even use endurance anyway).

in Necromancer

Shadowcaster.9281

I’d call Weakness a defensive condition, while Vulnerability is more of an aggressive condition. Weakness lowers the damage a foe can output (50% damage reduction on 50% of their non-critical attacks) while Vulnerability increases the direct damage (not condition damage!) that a foe takes. (Up to 25% additional damage.)

Unfortunately, neither of these conditions really interact with bleed or poison.

OK, so which conditions should I go for then which increase the amount of bleeding and poison damage done? Kinda lost on this one.

And by the way, thanks for replying .

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Whoops, forgot to mention the endurance recharge thing that War Mourner pointed out.

OK, so which conditions should I go for then which increase the amount of bleeding and poison damage done? Kinda lost on this one.

Unfortunately, neither of them will do that.

If you have an equal opportunity to apply vulnerability or weakness, I’d say use weakness. Reducing the damage done to you helps you last long enough for all your conditions to tick their damage completely. The increased damage from vulnerability won’t be all that noticeable, since your direct damage will probably be sub-par in exchange for higher condition damage.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Shadowcaster.9281

Whoops, forgot to mention the endurance recharge thing that War Mourner pointed out.

Unfortunately, neither of them will do that.

If you have an equal opportunity to apply vulnerability or weakness, I’d say use weakness. Reducing the damage done to you helps you last long enough for all your conditions to tick their damage completely. The increased damage from vulnerability won’t be all that noticeable, since your direct damage will probably be sub-par in exchange for higher condition damage.

I see, thanks for the explanation guys… so it would make sense then to use the War Axe / Focus off hand, since the weapon skill reaper’s scythe applies vulnerability can stack with axe’s main hand skills (which also apply vulerability), unholy feast for the cripple and top it off with Spinal shivers from focus for the slow.

With the target pretty much in place, Switch to scepter / Dagger off hand, grasping dead, enfeebling blood (both apply weakness and bleed), followed by blood – putrid curse

Sounds good it think.

Thanks guys.