Weapon for Scourge?

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

What would you see as good weapon combinations for Scourge?

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Scepter + Torch
Staff

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Scepter/Dagger and Dagger/Torch for all content but encounters with a lot of enemies, like in Fractals and Dungeons. Content with a lot of enemies would be Scepter/Torch and Staff.

I’d probably be switching in between Scepter/Dagger and Staff though throughout.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think warhorn will almost always be better than offhand dagger for Scourge. The increased life force gain is far more valuable.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

The fact that scourge can convert condis on such a low cooldown would tell me that you -want- to get loaded up with conditions. So dagger to transfer feels almost like a waste.
Torch I think would be a bigger dps increase anyhow.. so if anything, scepter torch, and then staff for the fear, regen, chill for kiting, and lf gen.
I’d argue staff is a must have on every condition build for necromancer. It’s too good.
Warhorn can be made a case for, however due to the doot of doom for breakbars.

— edit—
unless you’re talking pvp.. in which case I’d have no idea lmao. dagger for condi transfer is still good, wh would undoubtedly add more condi and cc pressure, and a swap staff is still strong af. Mainhand dagger… who knows. We have to see first.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

I think warhorn will almost always be better than offhand dagger for Scourge. The increased life force gain is far more valuable.

Without Offhand Dagger, then Corruptions won’t work. Also Warhorn is more used in PvP and Power builds.

Mainhand Dagger will also generate Life Force WAY faster than the pitiful Warhorn ability that has a 30 second CD.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

My choices of primary sets are:

For condi – scepter + torch
For power or celestial – axe + warhorn

2nd set can be whatever you like, obviously staff is nice in many situations but you can go with whatever you feel like playing.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Scepter = slow life force generation, or am I mistaking?

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

It is slow, that’s why you need a Mainhand Dagger for it. There are several threads on here now explaining why.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Technically, with Nourishing Rot, you get 5% lifeforce when you remove/corrupt a boon… which makes scepter 1 spamming pretty decent for lifeforce regen >

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Technically, with Nourishing Rot, you get 5% lifeforce when you remove/corrupt a boon… which makes scepter 1 spamming pretty decent for lifeforce regen >

Now all you need is a pve foe with constant boons ^^

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

Which would be a waste for PvE. The Torch Trait will be mandatory.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Ah… I don’t play PvE so I wouldnt know

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Scepter/Dagger and Dagger/Torch for anything that isn’t a big group fight, no contest, even as condi.

The life force is just too good and outdoes the scepter damage significantly.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

i’d go scepter/torch dagger/warhorn, so i can at least stop people or scare them off if they’re too close with torch 4/5.
and dagger already has immob to do that. Offhand dagger isnt needed for scourge due to f2 for condi removal and lifeforce doing more dmg due to all the burns and torment your sand shades apply. I’ve considered taking focus instead of warhorn but i’d be worse in group fights, and focus usually doesnt hit due to some dodge or block- plus, the corruptions we do does more dmg total than spinal shivers.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

i’d go scepter/torch dagger/warhorn, so i can at least stop people or scare them off if they’re too close with torch 4/5.
and dagger already has immob to do that. Offhand dagger isnt needed for scourge due to f2 for condi removal and lifeforce doing more dmg due to all the burns and torment your sand shades apply. I’ve considered taking focus instead of warhorn but i’d be worse in group fights, and focus usually doesnt hit due to some dodge or block- plus, the corruptions we do does more dmg total than spinal shivers.

This may work in PvP, but Offhand Dagger is so important for PvE.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kumouta.4985

Please explain how offhand dagger is important for PvE.
I don’t really understand.
It’s outdps’d by warhorn if you’re fighting multiple enemies now, and our f2 is enough condi clear. Dying is no issue in PvE since enemies die 1000x faster than you do.
I think the nec community has just grown too attached to it or something. It’s really not necessary with scourge.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Please explain how offhand dagger is important for PvE.
I don’t really understand.
It’s outdps’d by warhorn if you’re fighting multiple enemies now, and our f2 is enough condi clear. Dying is no issue in PvE since enemies die 1000x faster than you do.
I think the nec community has just grown too attached to it or something. It’s really not necessary with scourge.

To transfer condition gained from corruption skills like blood is power and plaguelands.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Without Offhand Dagger, then Corruptions won’t work. Also Warhorn is more used in PvP and Power builds.

Mainhand Dagger will also generate Life Force WAY faster than the pitiful Warhorn ability that has a 30 second CD.

Yeah but any time you’re attacking with mainhand dagger is time you’re not applying scepter conditions which will make you do less damage

The cooldowns on warhorn and torch skills are longer then weapon swap times, so you can run scepter with offhand torch and offhand warhorn in second set and lose nothing while having the extra life force gain

You can also convert the conditions that are given you by corruptions at any time, it’s slightly less damage on the enemy but more boons for you.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

And that’s great, but only ever gonna work in PvP/WvW. In PvE this trait is useless. It need to be reworked to be useful in all 3 game types.

It would be great if they buff all the pve by adding boons to most if not all adds, but I don’t see it happening any time soon.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

It’s getting really tiring to have to try and explain why something is good, or better than something else on this forum. Too many don’t know what they are talking about.

I know the majority of people being stubborn and not listening, probably didn’t test Scourge, and don’t even understand Condition Reaper.

The Warhorn is kitten for Life Force and DPS for Condition Reaper, as well as on Scourge.

The time that you don’t attack with Scepter to use Mainhand Dagger for Life Force generates the most Life Force you can get in a 9 second window. I don’t understand how people don’t understand this. I don’t know if this is PvE views getting mixed in with PvP views or what. In PvE Scourge will use Scepter/Dagger and Dagger/Torch.

It’s like most people commenting don’t actually understand the class, and they just use the current Meta build, while never thinking about why and how things work.

The Warhorn only has a use on Power DPS and in PvP. At the beginning of HoT when people were experimenting with Condition builds, Warhorn was used when it was Scepter/Dagger and Scepter/Warhorn. This became obsolete later on in HoT, and the meta changed to Scepter/Dagger and Greatsword.

With Path of Fire we will need more Life Force than ever before to do the most DPS, or do the most support we can. Maybe some just simply do not care about being optimal in the game, and have their own views, but Scepter/Dagger and Dagger/Torch will be the best setup. We will be weapon swapping on every CD, every 9 seconds, for Geomancy and Life Force.

Please stop arguing, when it’s been proven which weapon setup is best for PvE already.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kumouta.4985

Warhorn can hit 5 enemies at the same time for more lf regen and thus lots of shade damage. Corruptions? Only BiP is better dps-wise than just using traited punishments. (trail of anguish and dessicate do pretty good damage if you trait for punishments and use your shade skills)
I only see offhand dagger being being best in a 1v1 with a miniboss who has no minions. Warhorn will be better for utility and damage when fighting multiple enemies.
I’m not sure whether terror will do more damage than MoC with only BiP though.
When not factoring in corruptions, warhorn will outdps offhand dagger due to dumbfire.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

Warhorn can hit 5 enemies at the same time for more lf regen and thus lots of shade damage. Corruptions? Only BiP is better dps-wise than just using traited punishments. (trail of anguish and dessicate do pretty good damage if you trait for punishments and use your shade skills)
I only see offhand dagger being being best in a 1v1 with a miniboss who has no minions. Warhorn will be better for utility and damage when fighting multiple enemies.
When not factoring in corruptions, warhorn will outdps offhand dagger due to dumbfire.

Epidemic is a Corruption, and so is Plaguelands. We will still bring these with Blood is Power in PvE. Trail of Anguish looked to be the only good Punishment for PvE DPS.

If you’re Condition and not using Corruptions, then you’re doing it wrong for PvE. Also a lot of fights are single target fights, and the Warhorn gives a pathetic 11.5% of Life Force on an atrocious 30 second CD. Mainhand Dagger auto attack chains give more. You get 8% Life Force per Mainhand Dagger auto chain, and it’s very fast Life Force generation. Nothing will beat it.

Also the cast time on Dessicate is crap. It has no use in PvE. Maybe if they made it instant it’d be useful for Support, but with Mainhand Dagger it won’t matter.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

quoted for memorability.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Whether it actually works, or not, I plan on dagger-torch and axe-something for a continuous and high rate of LF generation.

Equipment will be hybrid power-condi. A mix of sinister, viper, and carrion unless I run a support build.

Edit: I also plan on taking advantage of Sand Soul and Fell Beacon for added expertise so I do not need as much viper equipment.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Whether it actually works, or not, I plan on dagger-torch and axe-something for a continuous and high rate of LF generation.

Equipment will be hybrid power-condi. A mix of sinister, viper, and carrion unless I run a support build.

Im planning the same thing but with the new grievous stat set which is POWER/CONDI/perc/ferocity

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

The punishment skills all deal close to 0 damage. The condi application is basicly not there comparing these to ele utility skills for condi. BiP is good for condi. No other utility is even half as good as the ele utilities. CPC sucks damage wise, because it does weakness and reliable projectile destruction, trail of anguish does not even burn each second, it burns up to 2 times on the same target unless its bugged.

In the end we will struggle between lifeforce gain and condi weapons, even if we find a way to make it work with spamming f skills our damage will be subpar to the meta dps classes. Not even reconsidering the massive powerspike ele for example will get with the PoF Espec traits.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

The punishment skills all deal close to 0 damage. The condi application is basicly not there comparing these to ele utility skills for condi. BiP is good for condi. No other utility is even half as good as the ele utilities. CPC sucks damage wise, because it does weakness and reliable projectile destruction, trail of anguish does not even burn each second, it burns up to 2 times on the same target unless its bugged.

In the end we will struggle between lifeforce gain and condi weapons, even if we find a way to make it work with spamming f skills our damage will be subpar to the meta dps classes. Not even reconsidering the massive powerspike ele for example will get with the PoF Espec traits.

kitten. I went to have a second look at Dessicate for argument, and just now noticed it doesn’t have offensive anything attached to it outside of corrupt. Like, I don’t even…

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

kitten. I went to have a second look at Dessicate for argument, and just now noticed it doesn’t have offensive anything attached to it outside of corrupt. Like, I don’t even…

It doesn’t give more Life Force per target either. It’s just 10%, and it’s 1 second cast is garbage, and would have a conflict with Blood is Power, Plaguelands, and Epidemic. Corruption are our main damaging utilities for Condition DPS, just like Wells are for Power DPS.

This is for PvE though. Dessicate may see heavy PvP and WvW play. The cast time is crap though. I wish that it was instant like Trail of Anguish, which is a good Punishment skill in PvP and PvE.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kumouta.4985

[PvE]
dessicate will give you 10% lf for one dhumbfire and give you the one extra burn when traited. In the end it will do, factoring in all the traits (including that single dhuumfire), but not might, slightly (~300)less damage than CPC, but with a 4 sec lower cd, so you can very easily make up for the lost damage. Not the projectile destruct, though. It can’t do that, but i doubt you need that more than all the benefits of refilling your shroud bar a little bit out of combat for most situations.
Trail of anguish outdamages cpc.
So ideally for single target dmg you’d go signet of vampirism or sand flare depending on the amount of allies (if you’re not alone vampi will do more dmg) dessicate, bip, trail.
your offhands for single target are ideally torch and dagger, but warhorn remains an option to f2 your traited bip into vigor and might and dhuumfire the enemy. Also, after that f2 you’re less than 1k lf away from the second dhuumfire, at which point you will have done enough dmg to compete with dagger. It’s really a matter of whether you need the extra might from converting your self torment, because depending on how many condis you already did it can be better dmg than offhand dagger. The choice here will have to be made by you for yourself based on your stats and whether you need a cc or weakness&corrupt, and whether you have allies. Or just preference.
Multi target would be sand flare, dessicate, epi, trail.
Ideally warhorn for obvious reasons and torch.
Sadistic searing is what makes me take dessicate over BiP here.
I didn’t calculate anything related to mainhands, only compared a lot of trait dmg and weapon dmg with the wiki’s values.
Against any number, plaguelands will be the best elite.

So, in the end, mixing punishment and corruption makes one have a good time.

Also, serpent siphon seems to be intended for wvw? but the barrier isn’t truly aoe so it’s heavily underpowered there. Without the requirement to actually hit targets for the snakes to become barrier, it would be a viable support skill, especially with very few allies. But this is just ???…

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

[PvE]
dessicate will give you 10% lf for one dhumbfire and give you the one extra burn when traited. In the end it will do, factoring in all the traits (including that single dhuumfire), but not might, slightly (~300)less damage than CPC, but with a 4 sec lower cd, so you can very easily make up for the lost damage. Not the projectile destruct, though. It can’t do that, but i doubt you need that more than all the benefits of refilling your shroud bar a little bit out of combat for most situations.
Trail of anguish outdamages cpc.
So ideally for single target dmg you’d go signet of vampirism or sand flare depending on the amount of allies (if you’re not alone vampi will do more dmg) dessicate, bip, trail.
your offhands for single target are ideally torch and dagger, but warhorn remains an option to f2 your traited bip into vigor and might and dhuumfire the enemy. Also, after that f2 you’re less than 1k lf away from the second dhuumfire, at which point you will have done enough dmg to compete with dagger. It’s really a matter of whether you need the extra might from converting your self torment, because depending on how many condis you already did it can be better dmg than offhand dagger. The choice here will have to be made by you for yourself based on your stats and whether you need a cc or weakness&corrupt, and whether you have allies. Or just preference.
Multi target would be sand flare, dessicate, epi, trail.
Ideally warhorn for obvious reasons and torch.
Sadistic searing is what makes me take dessicate over BiP here.
I didn’t calculate anything related to mainhands, only compared a lot of trait dmg and weapon dmg with the wiki’s values.
Against any number, plaguelands will be the best elite.

So, in the end, mixing punishment and corruption makes one have a good time.

Also, serpent siphon seems to be intended for wvw? but the barrier isn’t truly aoe so it’s heavily underpowered there. Without the requirement to actually hit targets for the snakes to become barrier, it would be a viable support skill, especially with very few allies. But this is just ???…

Taking Dessicate over Blood is Power is a horrible decision. You’re utilities for Condition DPS should be Trail of Anguish, Blood is Power, Epidemic, and Plaguelands. Maybe the Punishment Heal, but most use Blood Fiend.

When Epidemic can’t be used, only then would the idea of using Dessicate make any sense. I’ll be choosing Serpent Siphon over Dessicate because of the low cast time, and long range. I’ll use Serpent Siphon over it mainly because it does a Barrier with a bit of Poison Damage. Plague Signet could also be used on Condition heavy single target fights.

Too many Punishments bring nothing but Boon corrupts. The only ones with Damage built into them are Trail of Anguish, and Serpent Siphon. The Elite doesn’t matter, because Plaguelands is just leagues better.

Sadistic Searing should be used as a bonus for Trail of Anguish. It shouldn’t be a reason to slot more Punishments.

I liked the cast on Serpent Siphon too, it was fun to test. I’d probably be using Plague Signet over it though on most fights, but I’ll just have to see. I do Fractals mainly, and Conditions are rampant in T4.

I’m hyped to switch my staff to Viper and one of my Daggers. Knowing Scepter/Dagger and Dagger/Torch will be best, and then Staff and Scepter/Torch has me really happy. I wish Staff had more use outside of PvP and WvW. I’ll be using Staff a lot in Fractals, because the Life Force generation will be insane for Sand Shades

(edited by Kam.4092)

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Too many Punishments bring nothing but Boon corrupts. The only ones with Damage built into them are Trail of Anguish, and Serpent Siphon. The Elite doesn’t matter, because Plaguelands is just leagues better.

Damage? On Serpent Siphon?

That is a single stack of Poison for 2 seconds. Dessicate is vastly better than that from a damage perspective. More direct damage, more life force to fuel F skills (and thus Dhuumfire), and a shorter cooldown for proccing the burn on shade placement.

I’m a Geeleiver

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

Damage? On Serpent Siphon?

That is a single stack of Poison for 2 seconds. Dessicate is vastly better than that from a damage perspective. More direct damage, more life force to fuel F skills (and thus Dhuumfire), and a shorter cooldown for proccing the burn on shade placement.

Serpent Siphon has higher direct damage, and has a condition added, with a Barrier.

Expecting to make Sadistic Searing some huge thing, and slotting multiple punishments would be so stupid. It’s a bonus to reduced CD on Trail of Anguish. It won’t even come close to beating Corruptions.

If you want to bring up Dessicate’s direct damage, and act like it’s good for some reason, look at Blood is Power’s, and Serpent Siphon’s Damage. They also have higher Power scaling than Dessicate.

Dessicate is just not a good ability. Wasting the time to cast it would be a loss as well. Maybe if it was instant, it’d be iffy, but it’s just trash.

Also this was a talk about which weapons were best for Scourge which is Scepter/Dagger and Dagger/Torch. When there is a lot of enemies it’s Staff and Scepter/Torch.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Oh, Desiccate is downright awful, but it’s still better for DPS than Serpent Siphon is.

Doesn’t hold a candle to other skills that could take the slot, however.

I’m a Geeleiver

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

On the last trial day i actually modified a old fun power build with a minor in burn i used ages ago with my reaper . I was running around with dag/horn with axe/ foc (may try axe/torch as soon as i can) with my build and barbarian ammy. Since everyone and their mother is playing a condi build from every class i could tank condi spikes pretty well. Then running blood with power made me never lose health. Can’t wait to perfect it a bit hehe .

Condi is too easy and non personal. I love straight power damage.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kumouta.4985

Dessicate has a 16 second cooldown when traited.
Sadistic searing is not a reason to pick more punishments? why not? it makes puni good enough to be some of the best dps skills if you want it, why wouldn’t that be worth it? the dhuumfire tick on 15-20 enemies you get from its 10% lifeforce and the burning from searing plus the low cooldown does make it worth slotting, and do remember you’ll hit 20 enemies with the dhuumfire tick, which is why i dont slot bip and epi at the same time for multi target dps.
Dessi does slightly less damage than cpc (normally our 2nd best condi dps skill), but you have those 4 (or 3.5) seconds to make up for that. It is one of our best damage skills if you know how to play scourge now.

Serpent siphon is a flawed support skill. Don’t consider it if you’re not trying to support.

Kam, i made it clear which utilities you should use for multiple targets and which for a single target. Read the giant wall of text before saying “no n o u should always slot epi for condi dps”, please.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

Dessicate has a 16 second cooldown when traited.
Sadistic searing is not a reason to pick more punishments? why not? it makes puni good enough to be some of the best dps skills if you want it, why wouldn’t that be worth it? the dhuumfire tick on 15-20 enemies you get from its 10% lifeforce and the burning from searing plus the low cooldown does make it worth slotting, and do remember you’ll hit 20 enemies with the dhuumfire tick, which is why i dont slot bip and epi at the same time for multi target dps.
Dessi does slightly less damage than cpc (normally our 2nd best condi dps skill), but you have those 4 (or 3.5) seconds to make up for that. It is one of our best damage skills if you know how to play scourge now.

Serpent siphon is a flawed support skill. Don’t consider it if you’re not trying to support.

Kam, i made it clear which utilities you should use for multiple targets and which for a single target. Read the giant wall of text before saying “no n o u should always slot epi for condi dps”, please.

I just simply disagree with you, and so do others. Dessicate is trash in PvE. The Burning from Sadistic Searing is not some amazing boost. It’s not like slotting multiple Punishments ups your DPS. It actually lowers it, especially when taking casting times into consideration.

Also it’s not like every encounter has 20 enemies. I would only ever think about Dessicate as a last option when no other utility fills a role, and I need to drop Epidemic.

I’m not calling your ideas bad, or the way you plan to play bad. I just think differently.

When testing is done you may be right, I may be right, or we both may be wrong. My views are based on what I found from testing nonstop over the Demo weekend. It wasn’t even a good time span really, and limited Sigils and Runes in the PvP area. Damage will look way higher with Ascended gear, and proper Sigils and Runes.

On fights where Epidemic isn’t taken, I just expect people to keep Blood is Power, and Trail of Anguish, then the third slot is just pick whatever. With Condition Reaper it was add another Minion, because of combo fields. With Scourge we don’t have that option, so it’s just chose something like Plague Signet, Corrosive Poison Cloud, Dessicate, Serpent Siphon, or Well of Corruption for some Boon Corruption in Fractals, etc.

Also Epidemic isn’t just for your own Conditions, it spreads others to enemies, then another Necro can Epidemic back to do more DPS for the group. I don’t think Sadistic Searing can beat Epidemic bouncing.

I feel like the last slot won’t matter much. Scourge will have flexibility with playstyles.

Will probably be two months before everything is tested and new Raids are added to test Scourge. A lot right now is just player to player speculation.

(edited by Kam.4092)

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Let’s be clear: when it can be done nothing in the entire game beats Epidemic bouncing. When it’s an option, you really should be doing it.

When it’s not an option, then you may discuss other utilities in that third slot.

I’m a Geeleiver

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

Let’s be clear: when it can be done nothing in the entire game beats Epidemic bouncing. When it’s an option, you really should be doing it.

When it’s not an option, then you may discuss other utilities in that third slot.

Just curious, what utilities do you like? When using Condition Reaper you’d add another Minion, like Flesh Wurm, or “Suffer!”. With Scourge we don’t have Shouts, and minions don’t do Combo Finishers either since we don’t do Ice Field spams. I was thinking about Serpent Siphon, Plague Signet, Well of Corruption for Fractals with Boons, and Corrosive Poison Cloud. Utilities change per Fractal/Fight though. I mean maybe replacing Epidemic with a minion would still be good.

I just like hearing other people’s opinions.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

Just curious, what utilities do you like? When using Condition Reaper you’d add another Minion, like Flesh Wurm, or “Suffer!”. With Scourge we don’t have Shouts, and minions don’t do Combo Finishers either since we don’t do Ice Field spams. I was thinking about Serpent Siphon, Plague Signet, Well of Corruption for Fractals with Boons, and Corrosive Poison Cloud. Utilities change per Fractal/Fight though. I mean maybe replacing Epidemic with a minion would still be good.

Even if not on Chill Fields for Deathly Chill, Minion’s Projectile Finishers are a dps increase.
If they’ll not buff Life Force generation on weapons they could at least give us life force gain from Flash Wurm’s attacks, wich it’s easy to kill in PvP scenarios while it could be useful for PvE.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

Even if not on Chill Fields for Deathly Chill, Minion’s Projectile Finishers are a dps increase.
If they’ll not buff Life Force generation on weapons they could at least give us life force gain from Flash Wurm’s attacks, wich it’s easy to kill in PvP scenarios while it could be useful for PvE.

Few days back I was thinking of something similar. Something like:
Soul Comprehension minor trait: our passive life-force generation from nearby deaths is increased by 20%. Every 5th minion attack grant 1-2% LF.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

Soul Comprehension minor trait: our passive life-force generation from nearby deaths is increased by 20%. Every 5th minion attack grant 1-2% LF.

Hey, seems like you want to make a certain Death Magic’s trait useful for something!
But for Soul Comprehension I think that on all minions 5th attack could be too powerful with certain builds, maybe the old increased life force gain on deaths plus a 3% life force gain every 3 seconds while under the life force threshold? (50% life force, Combat only)

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

Hey, seems like you want to make a certain Death Magic’s trait useful for something!
But for Soul Comprehension I think that on all minions 5th attack could be too powerful with certain builds, maybe the old increased life force gain on deaths plus a 3% life force gain every 3 seconds while under the life force threshold? (50% life force, Combat only)

Can be tweaked a lot, every 7th hit or 0.5%LF or even implemented in every minion if you equip Death magic. Many possibilities to balance. And yes, I really like the idea behind Death Magic, but as whole its rather weak trait line.

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Don’t forget that Fire Fields are incredibly common and are strong projectile finishers. Bone Fiend is a viable choice for utility slot in raids if you’re focusing on DPS. Sucks when you have lightning fields that it’s comboing with, but it’s not too shabby even on poison or dark fields. And let’s be honest: there will absolutely always be some sort of combo field up. This is even more certain than Alacrity.

Other than that, CPC and Blood is Power are certainly options. In condition-heavy fights, I actually think Scourge will be able to drop Plague Signet due to the power of F2. Still wouldn’t be a bad choice, though.

Realistically, the only punishments I can see being used in raids are the Elite, Trail of Anguish, and Sand Swell. Sand Swell, of course, being taken for its utility, not offensive prowess, and thus not suitable for every encounter.

I’m a Geeleiver

Weapon for Scourge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I am going old school Dagger/Horn