Well of Blood

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Can we make this a water field already? While we’re at it, could we possibly make Well of Darkness more useful as well?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Give Well of Darkness projectile block and a small amount of damage (will trigger vampiric/vamp aura) but revert the cooldown reduction from last patch.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Should be a dark field not a water field. We don’t have convenient enough blast finishers to make a water field work.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

Should be a dark field not a water field. We don’t have convenient enough blast finishers to make a water field work.

We already have access to dark fields. The water field can be easily blasted with Bone Minions, though I understand no current build utilizes Bone Minions and Well of Blood. However, with it being a water field, it could be a useful group heal that would allow allies to blast it for extra healing. It’s not just for ourselves. And again, we have plenty of dark fields.

Gate of Madness

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Elemental base wells do not fit the necro out side of ice. Now making the wells each have there own type other then dark would work. Say Well of Blood being light fits well, Well of Corruption needs to be an Ethereal field, Well of Darkness dark or shadow, Well of Power light or ice, and Well of Suffering poison or ice.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well of Blood synergizes better with what finishers Necros do have as a Light field rather than water.

Mainly because two of our best finishers are both in Reaper’s Shroud where healing gets totally wasted. Mass condi clear/light aura are both better.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

Well of Blood synergizes better with what finishers Necros do have as a Light field rather than water.

Mainly because two of our best finishers are both in Reaper’s Shroud where healing gets totally wasted. Mass condi clear/light aura are both better.

Necromancers already have plenty of options for dealing with conditions. Also, factoring in the Reaper’s synergy with a light field (especially when you know we’re going to use those finishers in either a dark, poison, or ice field instead) as a reason for keeping it a light field isn’t all that helpful, since we’re talking about a core Necro ability here. The Necro doesn’t really get any use out of Well of Blood being a light field, it doesn’t benefit allies anywhere near as much as a water field would, and placing a light field in the way of more useful fields can be detrimental to a group.

As for the thematic issue, blood is about 50% water.

For the guy that suggested Well of Darkness could be a smoke field, omg that would be awesome. Imagine, Necromancers getting stealth.

Also, I feel Well of Power is far more fitting as a light field than Well of Blood is.

Edit: Just to clarify, the reason I prefer Well of Blood to be a water field is because it would make it a better aoe healing utility than it currently is. It is thematically doable, wouldn’t make Necro any more op since we can’t capitalize on it much ourselves (the purpose would be to provide more group support), and it wouldn’t be nerf so there isn’t really a downside.

Gate of Madness

(edited by Shaogin.2679)

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If we were still in launch GW2, I would agree with you, but we aren’t.

Light Fields have become much more valuable now, not only because of the better Leap and Blast finishers, but also because conditions are much more prominent in all game modes. Is it better to blast heal for 1.3k or wipe off those 10 burn stacks? I’d generally prefer the burn to be removed, as that “heals” far more. Or the immobilize so I could dodge. There are many, many times when a condi cleanse is more important than 1.3k health.

Light and Water fields are both supportive in nature, and both are valuable now because of how the game has changed.

For what it’s worth, I agree it would make more thematic sense for Well of Blood to be a Water Field, but I don’t think that would actually improve the skill.

I’m a Geeleiver

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Light Fields have become much more valuable now, not only because of the better Leap and Blast finishers, but also because conditions are much more prominent in all game modes. Is it better to blast heal for 1.3k or wipe off those 10 burn stacks? I’d generally prefer the burn to be removed, as that “heals” far more. Or the immobilize so I could dodge. There are many, many times when a condi cleanse is more important than 1.3k health.

Light and Water fields are both supportive in nature, and both are valuable now because of how the game has changed.

For what it’s worth, I agree it would make more thematic sense for Well of Blood to be a Water Field, but I don’t think that would actually improve the skill.

Over all blasting waters are taking a major back seat to full on healing builds something that just was not there when gw2 first came out. Also necro cant be healed in DS why would it have a field that dose not effect it most of the time?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Am I the only person who likes well of darkness?

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

Over all blasting waters are taking a major back seat to full on healing builds something that just was not there when gw2 first came out. Also necro cant be healed in DS why would it have a field that dose not effect it most of the time?

Again, it’s about group utility, not personal healing. And let’s be honest here, no one is taking Well of Blood to combo it for condi cleanses. If you want condi cleansing, you take Consume Conditions. And again, a light field makes much more sense on Well of Power anyways.

Gate of Madness

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

All wells should be dark fields. That’s something a necro can make use of in a variety of situations., and has value both in and out of shroud. It also fits thematically with the class.
Failing that wells should be poison or ice fields.

YouTube

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

All wells should be dark fields. That’s something a necro can make use of in a variety of situations., and has value both in and out of shroud. It also fits thematically with the class.

Remind me, how does a core Necro make use of dark fields?

Gate of Madness

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

Blast and Whirl Finishers are not a thing for core necro. Blowing minions is not a thing because it requires actually wasting a utility slot on those things. Flesh Wurm is the only blastable minion you’d ever take, but you’d never use it for fields because the teleport use has more value.

Although core necro does have practical access to projectile finishers. And it should be noted that projectile finishers in water fields don’t work. But projectile finishers in Dark fields always have value.

Also dude wells are not restricted to core necro. Reaper can use them too. (I sometimes take WoP on my Pnec in pvp for the boons, and when I do I’ll RS#4 combo to dark field as it is opportune)

YouTube

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

People underestimate whirling in a dark field. I’ve fully healed myself from about 10% hp when using #4 reaper’s shroud in a dark field, in combination with Vampiric and Vampiric Aura.

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

Blast and Whirl Finishers are not a thing for core necro. Blowing minions is not a thing because it requires actually wasting a utility slot on those things. Flesh Wurm is the only blastable minion you’d ever take, but you’d never use it for fields because the teleport use has more value.

Although core necro does have practical access to projectile finishers. And it should be noted that projectile finishers in water fields don’t work. But projectile finishers in Dark fields always have value.

Also dude wells are not restricted to core necro. Reaper can use them too. (I sometimes take WoP on my Pnec in pvp for the boons, and when I do I’ll RS#4 combo to dark field as it is opportune)

I am well aware wells are not restricted to core Necro. I am also aware that balancing core Necro skills on the assumption that the Reaper spec is being used just makes Reaper that much more mandatory.

Also, as I have stated numerous times already, making Well of Blood a water field isn’t about benefiting the Necro himself, it’s about increasing the utility of an underused heal in a group setting where it was designed to be used.

As you pointed out, the Necro can’t make much use of a dark field at all, and it doesn’t have much group value either. Reaper has nice synergy with dark fields, but it’s not like Reaper doesn’t already have plenty of access to dark fields.

Just curious, who here is actually using Well of Blood so they can combo the light field?

Gate of Madness

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

I am well aware wells are not restricted to core Necro. I am also aware that balancing core Necro skills on the assumption that the Reaper spec is being used just makes Reaper that much more mandatory.

Also, as I have stated numerous times already, making Well of Blood a water field isn’t about benefiting the Necro himself, it’s about increasing the utility of an underused heal in a group setting where it was designed to be used.

As you pointed out, the Necro can’t make much use of a dark field at all, and it doesn’t have much group value either. Reaper has nice synergy with dark fields, but it’s not like Reaper doesn’t already have plenty of access to dark fields.

Just curious, who here is actually using Well of Blood so they can combo the light field?

In short, Necromancer isn’t really a combo field profession. As in, they have very limited means to combo and very limited amounts of fields. And changing Well of Blood to water isn’t gonna to change much. In a WvW setting (the only place people really use water fields) do you think a necromancer would run well of blood, purely for blasting in a zerg? No. They’d still stick with Consume Conditions whilst Elementalists would carry the water fields to heal the zerg.

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i just wish we could get an elite well already

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

I would be happy if healling well stability well and well of darkness were instant cast and droped on necros with no land target. really really happy with that change to wells.

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well of Blood isn’t getting used because the Necro has to remain as mobile as possible to survive in areas where you care about AoE healing.

But against, say, Slothasaur? I could certainly be persuaded to run it if we were having difficulty.

I’m a Geeleiver

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

We already have access to dark fields. The water field can be easily blasted with Bone Minions, though I understand no current build utilizes Bone Minions and Well of Blood. However, with it being a water field, it could be a useful group heal that would allow allies to blast it for extra healing. It’s not just for ourselves. And again, we have plenty of dark fields.

Minions are uncontrollable, blasting with them can be more inconvenient. In team fight it might be ok, but will still be useless for you, unless we get blasts on weapons.

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

It always struck me as odd that well of blood wasnt a water field and we didnt have a blast on warhorn like rangers do. with wail of doom it wouldnt be difficult.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

It always struck me as odd that well of blood wasnt a water field and we didnt have a blast on warhorn like rangers do. with wail of doom it wouldnt be difficult.

If anything on necro should be a blast finisher, Enfeebling Blood should be.

YouTube

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

no it should be wail of doom but so should be unholy feast + we need mark manual detonate button

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Aye I’d say it goes Wail of Doom, Unholy Feast (plus its trait equivalent) then Enfeebling Blood, in order of most deserving of a blast finisher.

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

as far as wells go this one is terribly outdated.

I would like for it to change to a dark field to allow siphoning via whirl finishers, and its pulls effect to change from a ghetto regen (that does not work in shroud bdw) to this:
heal yourself and conjure a well of blood that enables allies standing within it to siphon health from foes.

Basically make it pulls out a buff (similarly to how well of power works) each second that last for 1 second which gives allies life siphon, numbers are up for debate but something akin to what vampiric rituals trait gives except without any icd (so it would work the same way the vampiric trait works).

this would make it in to a healing skill that can actually support allies and increase their damage a bit as well as combo well with any rapid attacks which reaper has plenty of. And since we are talking life siphon it would be able to heal you while in shroud as long as you stand withing the well and land attacks.

see no evil ,until i stab you

(edited by foste.3098)

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

I would like for it to change to a dark field to allow siphoning via whirl finishers, and its pulls effect to change from a ghetto regen (that does not work in shroud bdw) to this:
heal yourself and conjure a well of blood that enables allies standing within it to siphon health from foes.

Basically make it pulls out a buff (similarly to how well of power works) each second that last for 1 second which gives allies life siphon, numbers are up for debate but something akin to what vampiric rituals trait gives except without any icd (so it would work the same way the vampiric trait works).

this would make it in to a healing skill that can actually support allies and increase their damage a bit as well as combo well with any rapid attacks which reaper has plenty of. And since we are talking life siphon it would be able to heal you while in shroud as long as you stand withing the well and land attacks.

Alright, screw the water field, I love this idea. This would be a big enough change to make me actually take Well of Blood. Love it.

Gate of Madness

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

*Basically make it pulls out a buff (similarly to how well of power works) each second that last for 1 second which gives allies life siphon, numbers are up for debate but something akin to what vampiric rituals trait gives except without any icd (so it would work the same way the vampiric trait works).

this would make it in to a healing skill that can actually support allies and increase their damage a bit as well as combo well with any rapid attacks which reaper has plenty of. And since we are talking life siphon it would be able to heal you while in shroud as long as you stand withing the well and land attacks.*

Alright, screw the water field, I love this idea. This would be a big enough change to make me actually take Well of Blood. Love it.

The only problem with the idea is the bit in bold since it directly overlaps with signet of vampirisms active effect, essentially being the same thing.

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

*Basically make it pulls out a buff (similarly to how well of power works) each second that last for 1 second which gives allies life siphon, numbers are up for debate but something akin to what vampiric rituals trait gives except without any icd (so it would work the same way the vampiric trait works).

this would make it in to a healing skill that can actually support allies and increase their damage a bit as well as combo well with any rapid attacks which reaper has plenty of. And since we are talking life siphon it would be able to heal you while in shroud as long as you stand withing the well and land attacks.*

The only problem with the idea is the bit in bold since it directly overlaps with signet of vampirisms active effect, essentially being the same thing.

I mean they did pretty much introduce Signet of Vampirism to take over the role of Well of Blood (our group support heal). So I don’t mind WoB knocking SoV out of top spot. However they could change SoV’s passive so that you life steal when you hit a foe (no icd – basically signet of malice with life steal but lower healing of course), making it much more desirable to be taken for the passive effect, while still maintaining a slightly inferior active group support effect.

Well of Blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Like i said the numbers are up for adjustment, so the well could offer smaller siphons but without any icd while the signet offers larger siphons (when it comes to health gained) that are restricted by icd.
Further one is single target and allows players to move while leaching health the other can enable single target as well as aoe siphon but restricts movement as anyone who wants to make use of the well needs to stay in it.

It is true that both skills would have similar effect i think it will be different enough. And let us be honest here signet of vampirisam itself could use a re-design being one of the worst healing skills in the game (the trait version of it is ok tho).

see no evil ,until i stab you