Well of Power

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

Please change this ridiculous 1s stability of Well of Power into a pulse giving by the well.
The reason is it would be more support for the group and this stability would have any sense… but 1 stack for 1s? Srsly?

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaint.6937

Kaint.6937

Well of Power is a stunbreak, and like every other stunbreak, goes on full cooldown when it is interrupted and of course doesn’t cast the well. Most stunbreaks are instant cast so this is no problem for them.
But Well of Power has 1/4s casttime. So the stability is there to prevent you from beeing interrupted and wasting the skill completely.

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Seems a lot of people missed the stun-break patch a while ago

~ The light of a new day

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

Everybody cries necro hasn’t any or less support…. but there are tons of possibilities to change little things to bring them in. This well is just an idea.

What about warhorn 5? Swiftness only for necro? Why?
Thats tiny things but could make the change, don’t they?

Edit: And why no locusts for the group? A little less ego-thinking and be more compatible with others players.

(edited by Ilharn.6813)

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I bet we all want 5sec. Stability on this skill, but as Kaint said, its there to assist the stun break.

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

The Stability is literally only there to help cover the cast time so that the skill can be a stunbreaker in spite of having a cast time.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The Stability is literally only there to help cover the cast time so that the skill can be a stunbreaker in spite of having a cast time.

What is interesting, though, is that Revenants have an elite with a 2 second cast time that stunbreaks, but doesn’t give stability at all.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaint.6937

Kaint.6937

If you are talking about Rite of the Great Dwarf,
1. It has a casttine of 1 1/4 seconds
2. You are forgetting that revenant has no cooldown on utility skills. The stability on other classes is only there to prevent the skill from going on full cooldown

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Yes, this skill should pulse stab. It isn’t about the 1 stack on it now which is to cover the cast time. It’s just that this skill is pretty bad cause of its CD. 40-50 seconds for condi clear is obscene. If it pulsed stab it would empower allies for a few seconds and could be used to stomp effectively, while also making base necro less of a ping pong ball.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

It isn’t just condi clear. It converts condis to boons. Removing Burning is one thing, but turning it into Aegis is something much better. And it does this for allies in the well, as well. Bleeding turns into Vigor, Cripple and Immob turn into Swiftness.

It’s really powerful, imo.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Well of Power

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

I know what the skill does Cogbyrn. Its main use is clearing conditions the secondary effect is giving you boons. Considering you have to stand in a circle where you are very vulnerable to get that conversion, that that conversion is random and thus unreliable, and that it has a 50 second CD, I’d say it needs buffs. Theoretically it is a nice skill, in practice it doesn’t convert what you want and reduces necros already bad mobility by forcing you to stand in it. If it gave stab you would be less vulnerable in it and thus more likely to get its full effect (also would be a good pve buff).

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Maybe add something like: “If no conditions are converted, gain one second of Stability instead”

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Hey look, its this thread again. WoP doesn’t need this, it is way too much power to just add to a skill that is pretty much fine (or was I don’t remember if they screwed up its effect a while back or not).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If you are talking about Rite of the Great Dwarf,
1. It has a casttine of 1 1/4 seconds
2. You are forgetting that revenant has no cooldown on utility skills. The stability on other classes is only there to prevent the skill from going on full cooldown

My bad on the cast time. No, I’m not forgetting the lack of cooldown either, since it has an energy cost instead that gets deducted at the start of the cast.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Well of Power

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

I know what the skill does Cogbyrn. Its main use is clearing conditions the secondary effect is giving you boons. Considering you have to stand in a circle where you are very vulnerable to get that conversion, that that conversion is random and thus unreliable, and that it has a 50 second CD, I’d say it needs buffs. Theoretically it is a nice skill, in practice it doesn’t convert what you want and reduces necros already bad mobility by forcing you to stand in it. If it gave stab you would be less vulnerable in it and thus more likely to get its full effect (also would be a good pve buff).

What are you talking about?! Its really good and one of the few aoe party support skills we have…

Well of Power

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

Hey look, its this thread again. WoP doesn’t need this, it is way too much power to just add to a skill that is pretty much fine (or was I don’t remember if they screwed up its effect a while back or not).

1 stack of aoe stab every second for 5 seconds while standing in a circle is not that strong. If this skill is fine, how come I don’t see it in competitive play? It certainly doesn’t provide enough utility to justify it in pve the overwhelming majority of the time either.

What are you talking about?! Its really good and one of the few aoe party support skills we have…

We are the worst class in this game at party support. This is supposedly one of our best party support skills. Not sure how that doesn’t translate to this skill needing buffs. If our best party support skills are still never worth running, they aren’t strong enough. Same issue I have with blood magic, people claim it is great support, but I never see anyone serious running it in a support build. That to me means it isn’t that great.

I think too many of you are thinking about the potential of the skill. Theoretically, it could convert 25 conditions to boons, grant prot to 5 people, and siphon for you. In reality, your allies won’t stand in it because they want to stay mobile, you will get bursted and ping pong balled because you aren’t getting stab or area denial with damage, and it’s very possible you don’t get the conditions off you that you want because it is a slow pulsing condi removal (which means you might convert cripple five times instead of burn or bleeds).

With stability, your allies would want to stand in this well, and you wouldn’t be completely vulnerable to enemy cc. Also, it would give base necro stability it still sorely needs. It would also still have direct counters in shatter boon removal, well of corruption, null field, and straight up aoe burst. Suddenly support necro would be viable because you could actually cover skills like transfusion or your heal to be less vulnerable to burst cc chains.

(edited by zapv.8051)

Well of Power

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

So you admit Blood magic is not very good, as most of us will agree, but you state that a single stability will make us" suddenly" viable support prof. Sorry, but even If I would not whine against stability its so far from making us viable… you follow my point.

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

1 stack of aoe stab every second for 5 seconds while standing in a circle is not that strong. If this skill is fine, how come I don’t see it in competitive play? It certainly doesn’t provide enough utility to justify it in pve the overwhelming majority of the time either.

It isn’t seen in competitive play because

1. You don’t see Necromancer much in competitive anyway
  2. The builds Necromancers use in competitive play don’t want this skill

Signet is the most common build afaik, which obviously uses signets. Well of Power is best used on a support build, which Necromancer doesn’t have. That isn’t a fault of WoP but the rest of the profession. Also I’m pretty sure flow uses/used this skill a ton and said it was solid.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

I think all necromancer wells could use some love compared to the power of the chronomancers wells. At the very least a good cooldown reduce.

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Even in WvW, where wells are often equipped and used due to the current meta, necros still aren’t loading well of power often. One reason is because the cooldown on it is ridiculous, even when traited. While it’s nice to convert condi’s to boons, in reality your melee train has to remain mobile or they’ll get bombed to pieces. So nobody stands still for 5 seconds to really benefit from the pulsing condi conversion. The same reason nobody stands in your well of corruption & suffering for 5 seconds.

You could argue that it grants allies protection, but so does spectral wall. Not only does spectral wall grant allies protection, it strips stability off your opponents, and it has unlimited target count for the duration it’s up. When your opponent’s melee train is out of stab, they die. On top of that you can blast it for ethereal armor which is amazing for frontline melees. As such, in WvW ZvZ spectral wall is always preferred over well of power.

You could argue both provide benefits so it’s a choice. But not really. Condi cleanse is everywhere in ZvZ, so condis are not what people worry about. It’s already a part of the rotation and what people do. They don’t really need pulsing condi > boon conversion in a circle that nobody will want to stand still in for 5 seconds. So well of power really should get a boost in group support. Start with a reduction in cooldown will help, but it needs more. Pulsing stab will help.

On the flip side, Chronomancer’s wells will offer more beneficial things that people care about. Quickness is op’ed, anytime you can provide Quickness, people will love you. Their Well of Precog provides evade! and fills endurance so you can have more dodges. Well of Recall gives Alacrity, makes your skill recharge faster. All these things are sooo much more useful and beneficial to a group than condi > boon conversion.

So yeah, I get the feeling they probably won’t boost necro’s group support because they want to give it to other classes. So I’m not really expecting anything here. But well of power definitely could be tweaked to be more user friendly.

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Wop is amazing on a reaper. Absolutely kittening amazing.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Well of Power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Except, after the stability changes, and WoP only getting 1/stack, I can’t count how many times this ‘stunbreak!’ Has been rupted and goes on 5 sec CD and or just completely fails to break a stun. Before the stability changes it was reliable but not at all anymore.

The skill needs reworked. 50% of the time it fails to break stun or do anything. It is flawed.