Wells Need This Change!

Wells Need This Change!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

Imo that’s a bad idea. Part of the balance is that wells are stationary.

What about Well of Blood? If it followed you then you would get the secondary heals guaranteed. Part of the reason the heal is so strong is because it forces you to wait in a set area.

What about Well of Darkness? Aoe blind centered around yourself conflicts with Plague Form. Heck, its the reason people even use Plague Form. Running around with wells centered on you means they need to be nerfed to compensate for the HUGE buff.

Wells Need This Change!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zedekiel.3021

Zedekiel.3021

Would hardly call Well of Blood’s secondary heal “strong” unless you heavily spec into healing, but you do have a valid point. If this trait were to exist, it would have to have things like

“Well of Blood only pulses every 2 seconds for a total duration of 10s. Heals 3/4 the regular amount per pulse. Primary heal unaffected”
“All Well radii reduced to 180”
“Well of Darkness Blind reduced to 1s”
“Well of Power disappears after converting a maximum of 3 conditions on user, over a period of 5 seconds. Condition conversion on allies will remain unchanged.”

As for the rest of the wells, I find them to be fine and not OP.

Also, Plague form only lasts 20s, AirWick.

Wells Need This Change!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nismu.4019

Nismu.4019

necro centered wells would be great for trait. At least for dagger MH.

Wells Need This Change!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

You’d have to change the name to Auras, I think. :P

It would be fun but it would also be borderline OP.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

Wells Need This Change!

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

I think it would make them over powered if they moved with me. Placing them and wells being stationary is why they are not overpowered since it gives players time to get out of them. Seldom do I find a player slow enough to stay in them for my wells to melt them since most class’s have a port, stability to get out of roots and stuns, etc so very easy to get out and avoid it.

Wells Need This Change!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Maybe if they just gave it to us for one day? I’d love to run around just one day with all my wells and locust swarm active while in deathshroud using life transfer. :P

Oh, and I’m sure you know this, but just clarifying: stability won’t get you out of a root, but ports and condition removal will, of course. That’s why dagger and warhorn are so good together since you can root and daze someone in your wells at which point they are screwt.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

Wells Need This Change!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

I do agree that Wells feel pretty worthless, the CD, the pulses and the duration makes it that people can simply avoid em for 5 miserable seconds and be done with them for a while. Even if you’r there 1 seconds you simply suffer 1 pulse until you dodge out it’s laughable when compared to other stuff like Mesmers who can use Nullfield which is 10 times better.

However your solution is a bit extreme. Personally I would rather have something that’s not working with pulse. You’r in the Well ? You lose all boons or all conditions end of the story.

And for god’s sake even if we had one kittening thing that was OP would it be that bad ? Don’t we deserve a massive amount of love since WE HAVE BEEN OP FOR ONLY TWO kittenING DAYS IN BETA CAN WE HAVE SOME COOKIEZ BACK PLZ.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

(edited by Sebyos.4089)

Wells Need This Change!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

This would melt people lol.

Bit too strong but sure would be faceroll fun.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Wells Need This Change!

in Necromancer

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

Area Denial.

Wells are for Area Denial. People are supposed to move away from them. That’s why they’re stationary (also why they all look pretty much the same). You deny enemies access to an area for a limited amount of time.

The fact that area denial is of marginal use in most of the game is a different problem. Necros and Engineers both suffer from the fact that area denial, most of the time, doesn’t really matter. When it does matter, such as bunkering on a node in sPvP, people say it’s cheesy or lame.

Wells Need This Change!

in Necromancer

Posted by: androidsheep.4271

androidsheep.4271

the main problem I have with wells is that they are so easy to avoid, don’t really have a problem with cooldown. a one second cripple or chill effect on anyone who was unlucky enough to be there when it was put down would be a welcome change. obviously anyone who enters the well after it was put down wouldn’t be exposed to the cripple/chill so i don’t think it would be too op, but then I am not an expert on these things so more knowledgeable people may say otherwise.

Wells Need This Change!

in Necromancer

Posted by: NecropsY.8649

NecropsY.8649

the problem with wells is the duration

and all wells should cripple enmies that way its harder but not impossible to get out (dodge roll would still work)

in gw1 wells lasted 30 seconds, in gw2 all wells last 5 seconds (exept well of blood)

wells should last 12 seconds with the tallent that makes them ground targetable

after looking at other classes most class tallents do multiple things, not so for a necromancer

inferrior tallents and inferrior spells are a problem