What EXISTING weapon would you like on Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Single target ranged hammer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

I will say this, I don’t want weapons skills that are Necro-versions of Guardian skills. Just … no. We need something that’s truly Necro-ish.

That being said, Hammer/Dual Spectral Pistols.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

@ Samhayn,

Perma-cripple does sound OP considering the power of combat mobility and the torch could produce a lot of burning, maybe perma-burn, too. I assume you meant the cleave for the first skill slot and that is definitely OP.

Sword comments:
Any weapon with cleave would have to sacrifice something for the potential dps of hitting multiple targets and the profession does not need another low-damage, short-range AoE weapon. Because cleave is already an AoE, adding in your torch suggestions for off-hand, or any other OH weapon currently available, means S1 may necessarily be weak-ish. Bleeds and cripple are already on scepter so a 1H weapon that applies them seems too redundant.

A target pull is problematic in practice just as knock-backs are because they remove the target from allies using short range weapons. Ranger’s knock-back is seriously annoying to others and stops all dps on the target. A personal teleport like Dark Path is much more conducive to team play so, if you want a combat mobility skill, I suggest a leap finisher, instead, but that goes against the Necro design philosophy. That is why I suggested a whirl finisher. The cleaving finisher/channel as skill #3 or 4 on a longer CD would keep the #1 slot skill with slow bleed application strong being the only AoE on a 2H weapon. A cripple would then also be possible on longer CD skills on a 2H weapon that does not compete with scepter and torment has always been high on the list.

A lot of people like 1H sword but the functions described sound a lot like scepter. A 2H sword has similar difficulties when the skill ideas come from Warrior; high single-target damage with bleed stacking, a cleave AoE/channel, combat mobility whirl, etc. A unique set of weapon skills for a blade that give some of the same capabilities as Warrior’s GS without being a direct copy or violating Necromancer’s design philosophy is a challenge.

Torch comments:
The two skills you describe seem better thought-out but the potential for perma-burn using sigils, traits, and whatnot is pretty high. If you want dps from the OH torch, consider changing the skills to single-target in trade.

If the two burn skills are one too many, I suggest trading one for a non-damaging CC like chill, blind, weakness, vulnerability, etc. like the other OH weapons. I like the idea of a torch, too, but getting the balance right while making it unique is haarrrd.*

• spelled wrong because the neko filter went after it.

One idea I had was to make the torch create a fog or darkness AoE but I decided that would not work because players would just change effects rendering in their graphics cards to circumvent the effect. Perhaps if the torch could create a reveal for hidden symbols, mobs, thieves and so on. Hmmm… think I’ll post that one on the suggestions board.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heartlust.6140

Heartlust.6140

Would be cool if we could get one of those dark spells that Liadri used. Seems so fitting for the necro.. it could serve as a blast finisher when it hits the ground as well. Just a thought.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

The sword skills are pretty much already in the game, warrior sword one is pretty much the same thing I used, the sword pull can work like guardian pull in such that the pull is a follow up attack.

as for torch the first attack would do fire damage to attackers, not burning, and the second attack could be a 2 second burn per boon stripped making it a total of 6 secs, 12 secs with 100 duration, with the amount of condition removals and duration ruductions this would be easy to mitigate if your enemy wanted too.

then again this is just my thoughts and would need to be tested.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Firelight.2809

Firelight.2809

Torch oh:
SKILL 1
shadow fire: aoe fire blast (insert aoe dmg) at your target location and blind for 3 secs(4if traited)
SKILL 2
spectral apparition: gain spectral armor for 3-4secs and fear nearby foes for 1sec
Trait>> crypt wonderer: condition duration is improved while wielding a torch, 20% recharge of torch skills

Sword mh:
AA:
necrotic cut: deals ‘insert cleave dmg’
necrotic strike: deals ‘insert cleave dmg’ and inflicts 3sec of torment
vampiric slash: your third attack steals ‘insert low/average number’ life up to 3 foes
SKILL 2
haunting walk: effect one: shadowstep to your foe chilling him for 1sec ; effect two: pull your foe to yourself
SKILL 3
verata’s cry: steals ‘insert aoe amount’ life and chill nearby foes for 3secs
Trait>>> (Spite) necrotic blade: +50 power and +50 condition dmg while wielding a sword

Everything could be balanced with proper recharge times.
Thoughts?

p.s: animation effects
shadow fire: same as fire blast from the fire sigil, except green or if possible, darks flames like the ones of DS
spectral apparition: same as spectral armor and the regular fear animation
vampiric slash: same as necrotic bite, but for all targets maybe
haunting walk: the step same as lupicus; the pull would have no animation or maybe a subtle ‘vine effect’ as in tainted shackles
verata’s cry: a necromancer/lich image appears briefly on top of your char, while all chilled targets suffer a white ‘cold wind’ effect for a sec.

(edited by Firelight.2809)

in Necromancer

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

Glad to see I’m not the only one who thinks hammer for necro is a good idea. Here are my ideas:

Auto-attack sequence:

1. Deathly Strike: Single target physical damage.
2. Necrotic Swing: Sweep the hammer in a circle, inflicting vulnerability to multiple foes.
3. Pestilent Strike: Strike the ground, raising a cloud of poison in a circle around the caster. Poison stacks.

Skills 2 – 5:

Deathly Ward: Strike the ground, leaving a mark/well that immobilizes foes who cross its line and inflicts vulnerability.

Chilling Blow: Strike the ground, chilling foes in a circle.

Peal of Doom: Raise the hammer high up over the caster’s head and sound the Peal of Doom (a really deep, ominous bell sound). Knockback in a circle around the caster.

Bone Field: Slam the hammer vertically, head-down on the ground in front of the caster. Can be traited to have ground targeting but otherwise is a circle around caster. A spiky field of sharp ribs and bones shoots up from the ground, causing cripple and torment.

None of these are meant to inflict heavy damage except Field of Bones. Most are control abilities. I feel these are at least a step in the right direction for what hammer could be for necromancer.

The obstacle is the path.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Casters with hammer is just lol. Will never happen and I’m glad.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

http://images.wikia.com/darksiders/images/b/b3/Darksiders-2-death-hammer.jpg
Do i have to constantly remind you people of there are no weapon limitations?

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Caster =/= feeble old man with a “staff” that he only really needs because he can’t stand up on his own anymore. I’m sure Gandalf could have kicked kitten with a hammer if he wanted.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Actually scratch wanting rifle, I’m craving a hammer on my necro. I could really go for a power based aoe’ing weapon.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Necromancer

Heartlust.6140

Torment on a #1 skill seems horriby overpowered.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Because its not like bleeds or burning on 1 skill chains exist~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

only on winds of chaos? 1s burning (or maybe vuln; yay randomness)…

… but i dont see how torment on AA chain is OP

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sever_Artery
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gash

Wouldnt really be any more op than warrior sword. Just lower the duration and its balanced.

in Necromancer

Gandarel.5091

Do i have to constantly remind you that this is GW2? I have never seen a necromancer strong enough to wield a hammer.. or one to ever want it, lore-wise.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Do i have to constantly remind you that this is GW2? I have never seen a necromancer strong enough to wield a hammer.. or one to ever want it, lore-wise.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Devona – “kinda famous” hammer necro
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Cultist_Rajazan – sword necro
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ministry_of_Purity – armada of sword necros

So dont you talk to me about lore mister.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Anyone could wield any weapon in GW1. Unless in the last 250 years everyone has been getting physically weaker, I see no reason they’d be unable to pick up a hammer.

Also, Trahearne could use a greatsword. If a plant can use a greatsword, I think we can use hammers.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ars Valde.8693

Ars Valde.8693

Just because you lack imagination doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t have a hammer.

My Norn is ready and waiting.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I think hammer with a ring pbaoe auto attack would be interesting.

in Necromancer

Wouldnt really be any more op than warrior sword. Just lower the duration and its balanced.

i dont see the correlation between what i posted (you quoted) and what you posted… unless you missed the bolding?

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

i dont see the correlation between what i posted (you quoted) and what you posted… unless you missed the bolding?

You kinda mistook the original meaning, fact is that there are slot 1 no cooldown skills/basic attacks (on ele mesmer, warrior, thief, ranger and engie) that apply either bleed or burning.

in Necromancer

You kinda mistook the original meaning, fact is that there are slot 1 no cooldown skills/basic attacks (on ele mesmer, warrior, thief, ranger and engie) that apply either bleed or burning.

hence the bolding of burning, which only mesmer has; its 1s duration and random (could be bleed or vuln)

edit oh; forgot about flamestrike, but even condi specced (condi ele "/ bleh) earth scepter#1 is better damage

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Meh it was more of a response to the post you quoted. I was just keeping the posts in order by replying to you instead. I agree, torment on an auto wouldnt be op as plenty of auto attacks already have bleed/burning/poison.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

In and of itself, Torment on an auto attack is, in theory, nothing important. For example they could have a scepter-like auto attack chain where the last applied 1s of Torment; no one would care.

Also remember that torment on auto attacks brings up one extra problem that is very relevant when we talk condi necros; cover conditions. Only a big deal in PvP, but if they gave us another easy way to cover bleeding it’d be an issue. Again, in and of itself not a big deal, but they’d have to be careful.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I just want a decent melee weapon, dagger hits hard but not hard enough to justify taking it over Axe in most builds, the problem is the damage would be fine if it cleaved but it does not. Also the two corresponding traits for dagger are meh, 20% cd reduction but no damage boost and 25% speed increase but not well in combat (you know when you need it the most).

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xykris.6758

Xykris.6758

I was thinking GS

AA

Necrotic Cleave – Cleave, apply poison (2 sec)

Deathly cleave – Cleave again, apply poison (3 sec)

Frozen strike – Stab, apply chill (3 sec)

Skill 2

Veil of Darkness – Surround the necromancer in darkness. Apply AoE blind and Vulnerability (3 sec)

Skill 3

Desecration – plunges your sword into the ground leaving a mark that deals AoE damage. applies fear and torment (4 sec)

Skill 4

Vile Hunger – Teleports to target immobilizing (1 sec) them and striking with your sword. Siphons life, grants 10% life foce

Skill 5

Armor of the Undead – Grants the necromancer Protection and Retaliation (5 sec) and chills nearby enemies (3 sec)

Level 80 Guardian (Arashimorri)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ferr.6403

ferr.6403

Scythe, obviously.

Uhm, existing weapons… Off hand axe, one handed sword, or even dual swords (support abilities) would look good. Imagine a necromancer casting with dual swords

<3

in Necromancer

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

It will happen, and you will have a sad.

The obstacle is the path.

in Necromancer

Gandarel.5091

Excuse me lore master, but since when is Devona a necromancer? lol

She once used to have a necromancer touch spell to transfer conditions, along with her 7 warrior skills. But another time she had 2 assassin skills. So is Devona a thief?

And Swords aren’t hammers. I’d like swords for nec and I think it could be possible.

@Bhabw, yes in GW1 you could wield anything, but some things just didn’t make sense. This is one of those things.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rulakh.3614

Rulakh.3614

Still want to greatsword, but any melee-cleave weapon will do.

GS idea: ((Mainly meant for tankiness))

GS1.————————————————————————-
Reaper’s Blade: X damage, cleave

Wheat before the scythe: X damage, cleave, 2% lifeforce

The Grim Harvest: X damage, 180 degrees whirl finisher, 2% lifeforce, 10% life syphon off damage, 1,5 sec cast
————————————————————————————-
GS2.——————————————————————————
Vampyric Bloodthirst: channeled x seconds, doing x damage per tick, syphons x health, generates x lifeforce. Target is rooter for the duration. (Similar to dagger 2)
—————————————————————————————
GS3.————————————————————————
Unholy Feast: x damage, PBAoE, remove 1 boon from each target, each boon removed from enemies heals player for x amount
———————————————————————————-
GS4————————————————————————-
Wail of Doom: PBAoE, x damage, Weakness 10s, 5 stack vulnerability 10s (LONG CD)
———————————————————————————-
GS5————————————————————————-
None Escapes The Reaper: PBAoE pull, 300ft, cripple/torment
————————————————————————————

Traits to go along with it:

1. Decrease gs cd by 20%
2. While wielding gs, armor is increased for tankiness
3. Increase lifesyphon on gs

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Excuse me lore master, but since when is Devona a necromancer? lol

She once used to have a necromancer touch spell to transfer conditions, along with her 7 warrior skills. But another time she had 2 assassin skills. So is Devona a thief?

And Swords aren’t hammers. I’d like swords for nec and I think it could be possible.

@Bhabw, yes in GW1 you could wield anything, but some things just didn’t make sense. This is one of those things.

Pre searing, uses necro skills; GWEN, again necro skills. Yeah she is a necro and assassin by secondary profession.
And no but if you can carry a sword (a giant stick of metal) you can carry a weight on a stick.
Also no secondary professions do very well make sense, or is it that in your world if you can do one thing you cannot do anything else? So for example since your can probably eat breathe and as seen not only use the net but also type, you probably dont know how to go to the toilet or ride a bike, etc.
Also, please, if you cannot use your brain or at least hold to tropes about fantasy settings, dont play anything that includes interaction with other humans, it will make the internet a better place.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You cannot imagine how many of the broken bodies of fellow posters I am ready to climb over to get that sword in the concept art for ANY of my characters. Add half again that number as sacrifices to the nether realms to have it on a necro. That is just a slick katana variant (drool).

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Valandras.2093

Valandras.2093

To be honest, I’m quite a fan of giving Necromancers shields in the off-hand slot.

Mostly because I love shields, but also because we are the most aggressive of the caster classes: we’re always right up in our enemies faces, so a little extra defense won’t hurt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Your weak humans might not be able to wield one, but plenty of us norn and charr that won’t have any issues xD Bring on the hammahs! ; and/or scythe ;-)

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

GS should be added, the only weapon other then the GS is a scythe and not some kind of effect like on the staff, an actual scythe.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

I agree, greatsword should be added, along with the torch so we can make stuff BURRRRRRRN!!!

in Necromancer

Heartlust.6140

I wonder how far we’re off when it comes to new skills. Devs said that they might take take year unfortunately.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I wonder how far we’re off when it comes to new skills. Devs said that they might take take year unfortunately.

Check out the patch notes on Tuesday, it is possible there will be new skills, although I am not sure (I hear things).

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I’m thinking sword in main hand and off hand would go good with a necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Sword design – High damage and a gap closer
Skill 1 chain
Deathly Gaze – .5s – Deal damage and steal life if hp over 50%
Deathly Chill – .5s – Deal damage and apply 1s Chill
Deathly Swarm – 1s – Deal damage to target and all surrounding foes.

Skill 2 – Necrotic Traversal – 8s – Teleport to target foe. Creates a Poison cloud at target location for 3s.

Skill 3 – Spinal Shivers – 15s – 3s Block. Interrupt the next attack and apply Torment on interrupt.

Torch design: Burns and removes conditions.
Skill 4 – Coldfire Night – 20s – Apply Burning, Chilled and Blind to yourself and target foe.
Skill 5 – Plague Touch – 25s – Transfer up to 3 conditions from yourself to a foe.

Master Trait – Ring of Fire – Torch skills now affect up to 5 foes around you.

in Necromancer

Heartlust.6140

Ton of great ideas in here.