What Necro build works best with D/D

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jake.1430

Jake.1430

Simple as the title. I kinda wanna play around with it for fun. I figure that investing into the blood magic is a good start.
So my question to you guys is, where to go from there.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Look at what it gives you: high attack speed and damage, healing, an immobilize, condi transfer/blind, and AoE weakness/bleeding. So it works well with healing builds, especially ones that use 20 into blood magic, power builds, builds that need to lock people down, builds that use lots of blinding/chilling darkness, ones with lots of weakness; there might be a few more but those are the general things I can think of.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

You reminded me of my old power build. 30/15/0/0/25. The idea here is to have constant fury with flicking the DS on and off before every fight. Used to crit 4k on necrotic bite unbuffed. In spite, select the retaliation upon entering DS, and 20% extra damage below 50% health. Then in curses select weakening shroud. In Soul Reaping, select near to death.

Flicking on and off will grant you retaliation, fury, and it will cast enfeebling blood. Since it has a long cooldown, you can use 5# whenever it doesn’t cast when you flick DS on and off.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

Im currently running d/d staff with knights main gear/zerk jewellery, i mainly wvw solo/small groups. My current build is 0 10 10 20 30, weakening shroud, greater marks, 50% life siphon and w/e you want with 20 blood magic trait, i run siphon on crits atm and then run spectral skill CDR, DS 30% less CD and DS has 50% more crit but can swap to stability if i need it. I am running 3 spectrals atm, walk/armor/grasp or wall

This build i find it very good with decent weakness uptime, decent life siphon and good survivability, o and i also use life siphon food in wvw. If played right you can take many people on 1v1 and also with this build you can swap to zerg mode easily by just taking ground wells in curses and well 20% cdr in blood and swapping utils for WoS/WoC. hope this helps

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

(edited by Elvahaduken.3609)