What Trait you sacrifice for Elite Spec?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

What Trait line you are willing to sacrifice in your build for the new Elite Spec?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I play MM, so if any, it’ll be Soul reaping…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

any except spite…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Depends on build. Guessing I’d go Curses/Death Magic or Soul Reaping/Elite for Condi, Death Magic/Blood Magic or Spite/Elite for MM, Spite/Soul Reaping/Elite for DPS power, maybe swap in DM for SR if I’m tankier, hard to say without specifics.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

The new trait system works differently. You pick 3 trait lines that are set for you. So I can take death, blood, and spite for my minion master build for example.

If the spec gives us something beneficial to minion masters, I’ll probably drop the spite trait line for it because the bonuses from it look minimal. If it doesn’t, I might forgo the great sword entirely.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The new trait system works differently. You pick 3 trait lines that are set for you. So I can take death, blood, and spite for my minion master build for example.

If the spec gives us something beneficial to minion masters, I’ll probably drop the spite trait line for it because the bonuses from it look minimal. If it doesn’t, I might forgo the great sword entirely.

I know how it works. My plan isn’t to run spite. I’d be running DM/BM/SR as minion master.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

it will depend on what the elite traitline will focus. I’m already mourning the fact that I won’t be able to invest in 4 traitline which will make my tanky build die because I don’t care about the crappy grand master trait that grant absolutely nothing good on the table.

Actually I use every traitline except spite in a 04343 build. So I’ll either have to sacrifice curse and lose WH (which is probably a really bad Idea), Death magic with extra armor in DS and condi removal (Not really happy to lose that), Blood magic who grant me extra damage from siphon and a bit of survivability outa DS (Not really happy either) or Soul reaping with last gasp which is a real life saver (Well… this line shall not be sacrificed).

So, most likely except if this elite traitline have better option, it will be the sacrified traitline. All depend of what ther will be in it.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Will probably end up being curses unless they return some power based traits to that line.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

If, and it’s a big hopeless if, the elite supports a condi build to then I will give up dm, if not, and I am forced to go pwr, I’ll give up curses. All in all, this spec will likely just be a greatsword and some cruddy shouts or boring vanilla stances. I am so uninsired ankitten ot hopeful. Base class still has huge issues and the spec will just be a shiny cover over a rotting corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Il go Spite + Soul Reaping (reason I havent re-rolled) + Elite = Power Build is Given

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

First, I want to see this new traitline and then decide.

We don’t even know if it’s any condi or just straight foward GS Metamancer for PvE facerolling,

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Probs Curses, I want Banshee’s Wail but the Grandmasters do not fitwith Power

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

Man i want to rock a tank spec with this Reaper. I need to take a new look at the traits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

it will depend on what the elite traitline will focus. I’m already mourning the fact that I won’t be able to invest in 4 traitline which will make my tanky build die because I don’t care about the crappy grand master trait that grant absolutely nothing good on the table.

Actually I use every traitline except spite in a 04343 build. So I’ll either have to sacrifice curse and lose WH (which is probably a really bad Idea), Death magic with extra armor in DS and condi removal (Not really happy to lose that), Blood magic who grant me extra damage from siphon and a bit of survivability outa DS (Not really happy either) or Soul reaping with last gasp which is a real life saver (Well… this line shall not be sacrificed).

So, most likely except if this elite traitline have better option, it will be the sacrified traitline. All depend of what ther will be in it.

So anet is forcing you not to play a useless build and your upset =/

I’m sure you and all the others who like hitting like a wet piece of dental floss will figure out a way to continue to do so, we thank you for your sacrifice.

@knight tank specs are useless and will continue to be useless.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Will probably give up Curses since it doesn’t have any good power grandmaster and take Spite and Soul Reaping with it.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

… I don’t know… to the surprise of a lot of people im loving blood magic atm despite it being kinda underpowering.. (still waiting for tht to be buffed haha) and death magic will be a line ill take now it seems.. so prop spite will do bye bye shame cos the signet mastery is epic

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

I’m sure you and all the others who like hitting like a wet piece of dental floss will figure out a way to continue to do so, we thank you for your sacrifice.

I rock Necro Tank build in SPvP all the time, and it rocks. Necro Tank and War Tank my two fav classes in SPvP. dont know about PvE, dont play dungeons…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

This was the advantage with our trait review being so awful in the first place. As a power Necro, there wasn’t a 3rd trait line worth investing in beyond spite and soul reaping.

And from what we know about the new elite specialization so far, spite and soul reaping are the 2 most obvious choices for supporting the reaper line.

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

This was the advantage with our trait review being so awful in the first place. As a power Necro, there wasn’t a 3rd trait line worth investing in beyond spite and soul reaping.

And from what we know about the new elite specialization so far, spite and soul reaping are the 2 most obvious choices for supporting the reaper line.

people are underrating Wells here with Reaper…

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I rock Necro Tank build in SPvP all the time, and it rocks. Necro Tank and War Tank my two fav classes in SPvP. dont know about PvE, dont play dungeons…

I don’t pve either. Rock is a good word to use for it. Because it just sits there and does nothing while getting killed. Tank warrior works, hambow even shoutbow. Necro Tank does not. Your defense doesn’t scale and you hit like a flacid….. well you get the idea.

He didn’t even say anything about wells…. no one is underating wells but traiting in bm for it is kittening stupid.

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

I don’t pve either. Rock is a good word to use for it. Because it just sits there and does nothing while getting killed. Tank warrior works, hambow even shoutbow. Necro Tank does not. Your defense doesn’t scale and you hit like a flacid….. well you get the idea.

He didn’t even say anything about wells…. no one is underating wells but traiting in bm for it is kittening stupid.

well as a Tank in PvP my job isnt all about killing. its about holding points of interest as long as possible to prevent enemies from taking those points. On my Necro I have stood alive while being doubled against up to 3v1,,,, and managed to buy enough time for my team to capture the other points before giving me a hand…

Necro Tanks rock… its fun to me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Depends on the entirety of the spec.

I’ll probably definitely take Spite for Bitter Chill/Reaper’s Might, Chill of Death/Death Shiver, Close to Death.

If a few skills have Blind, Curses might be good for Chilling Darkness, Furious Demise and Reaper’s Precision.

Given that the GS hits up to 5 enemies, I’m wondering would Blood Magic life-stealing be a bit more powerful in larger group fights.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Il go Spite + Soul Reaping (reason I havent re-rolled) + Elite = Power Build is Given

90% certain this will also be my jam.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

I may have to sacrifice Curses, because they did say Wells are Groundtarget baseline now right?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Spite and Soul Reaping is the Well spec.

It will be everyone’s jam. Any Necro who runs power will likely use the exact same build.

I may have to sacrifice Curses, because they did say Wells are Groundtarget baseline now right?

Correct, they are baseline now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

It will be everyone’s jam. Any Necro who runs power will likely use the exact same build.

I’d actually be curious to see how a hybrid Necro performed with Spite/Curses/Elite. I always liked the idea of applying both kinds of pressure, and with Staff/GS (as long as the new DS has a reliable Fear), you could potentially do well. Even cool things like using GS pull to rip them into Spectral Wall, then drop a Reaper’s Mark on them and do whatever else you want.

I’m really excited even about just the GS pull. Spectral Grasp is my favorite thing, if only it were actually reliable. And this doesn’t require a utility slot!

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Wasn’t the new cooldown reduction on wells rolled into Blood magic though? :/

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

well as a Tank in PvP my job isnt all about killing. its about holding points of interest as long as possible to prevent enemies from taking those points. On my Necro I have stood alive while being doubled against up to 3v1,,,, and managed to buy enough time for my team to capture the other points before giving me a hand…

Necro Tanks rock… its fun to me.

I’m not debating what your job is. Necro tank can’t stay on point. = useless.

I’ll rephrase it. Tank necro is useless in any organized pvp, moderate to high tier. I’m sure it’s extremely effective in low tier hotjoin pvp.

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

in Necromancer

Vizardlorde.8243

Wasn’t the new cooldown reduction on wells rolled into Blood magic though? :/

20% cooldown on 2 utilities is not worth the crap that is Bloodmagic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

PVP I think I’ll go either
Spite-DM-Reaperline
Spite-SR-Reaperline

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Spite curse sr, spite curses elite, spite sr elite.

Anything else is junk.

Also does anyone know if you can use the gs and shouts without speccing the elite? Or if you can spec the elite without using gs or or shouts etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rexx.1805

Rexx.1805

For PvE I will sacrifice the “Curses” line. It’s losing the damage modifier trait & the precision. Not worth it anymore in power builds (imo).

Going Spite/Soul Reaping/Reaper

Proud Member Of:

Guild – HerĂ³is Lusitanos [LS] Server – SFR

in Necromancer

Vizardlorde.8243

Spite curse sr, spite curses elite, spite sr elite.

Anything else is junk.

Also does anyone know if you can use the gs and shouts without speccing the elite? Or if you can spec the elite without using gs or or shouts etc.

The latter is true (reaper w/o gs or shouts)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

It’s a given I play this build at the frontline in WvW where it’s not useless. But, if you like to go full damage frontline in WvW i’m sure you are some kind of god or whatever.

Beside, I think most of necromancer’s GM traits are indeed useless in most of the game area. Being able to use minor trait that give way more than taking 1 condition from 1 ally every 3 second IF I’m in DS is way more interesting don’t you think.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

It’s a given I play this build at the frontline in WvW where it’s not useless. But, if you like to go full damage frontline in WvW i’m sure you are some kind of god or whatever.

Beside, I think most of necromancer’s GM traits are indeed useless in most of the game area. Being able to use minor trait that give way more than taking 1 condition from 1 ally every 3 second IF I’m in DS is way more interesting don’t you think.

My days of wvw are over, but I was able to play a frontline wells necro zerk/soldiers mix with melandru runes. No need to trait for condi clear since your heavies and eles should take care of that for you.

Alot of people don’t really understand the true power of close to death, and alot of people seem to think toughness matters. It’s pretty much useless in a zerg fight.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I’d say Blood Magic, but that implies I was taking Blood Magic anyways.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Nothing. I don’t have to sacrifice anything. I’ll be taking Curse, Soul reaping and reaper. And on my Power build I’ll be taking Spite, soul reaping and reaper. That isn’t a sacrifice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darwec.3784

Darwec.3784

Nothing. I don’t have to sacrifice anything. I’ll be taking Curse, Soul reaping and reaper. And on my Power build I’ll be taking Spite, soul reaping and reaper. That isn’t a sacrifice.

Depends on if the GS has the potential to do more damage than dagger or not. If the gs’s numbers turn out terrible and dagger ends up being a better melee weapon, then blood magic and lifesiphon on hits is > reaper.

in Necromancer

Vizardlorde.8243

Depends on if the GS has the potential to do more damage than dagger or not. If the gs’s numbers turn out terrible and dagger ends up being a better melee weapon, then blood magic and lifesiphon on hits is > reaper.

What kinda numbers are you seeing from life siphon cause i cant get a trait to do more than double digits.
I dont think that GS will replace dagger, well just become more like guardians where they use GS for skills 2-5 and sword /focus for autoattack (in the necro’s case dagger focus)

(edited by Vizardlorde.8243)

in Necromancer

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I play hybrid, so I have nothing to sacrifice and will gladly bolt on this new trait line. I`m very interested to see how it plays with a mixed condition/ power build and will run scepter/dagger greatsword. I never used my staff much anyhow, so onto the junk pile it goes.

Mainly I do WvW and went with the traited plague – parasitic contagion builds that can stay in a battle for sustained periods. This reaper idea is a godsend for my playstyle and will turn me into an incarnate engine of death who can go condition heavy, slap conditions around with epidemic and then murderise people close in. It was always scepters lack of a finishing punch that held me back and I was forced to wear opponents down.

I like this, I like it a heck of a lot. As an WvW roamer I`ll be in a really strong place.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darwec.3784

Darwec.3784

What kida numbers are you seeing from life siphon cause i cant get a trait to do more than double digits.
I dont think that GS will replace dagger, well just become more like guardians where they use GS for skills 2-5 and sword /focus for autoattack (in the necro’s case dagger focus)

Ok, so currently im running a power build, zerk gear, 6/5/0/3/0. Spite and curses are pretty obvs, i want the power, i want the precision and Target the weak.

Blood magic though: i took 3 points because i want siphon health whenever you hit a foe, and siphon health whenever you crit hit.
Those two, with pretty high crit chance, locust swarm, well of suffering, well of corruption, and neither of those traits have an ICD, so they dont do heavy damage, but they hit frequently. I dont camp DS, my build is focused on hitting frequently in PVE.

If i could take a full three lines (with the proposed upcoming changes), its a toss up for me between spite and some combination of curses/soulreaping/blood magic

blood magic because of what i already listed, and then also wells do siphon
curses because fury, and chill/vulnerability/blindess stacking with well of darkness, and banshees wail.
soul reaping for stability, and reduced DS cool down (Which, if you pop in and out of DS could give up to 70% fury uptime).
so, for example, spite/curses/blood magic would hit a lot, frequently, for a bunch of small numbers. spite/curses/soul reaping would do a lot of fury uptime. spite/blood magic/soul reaping would be a middle ground between the two, but you give up fury.

Also i guess my statement totally discounted the fact that the traits in Reaper could be good. For reaper to replace any of these one of the following has to happen:

gs has to have amazing weapon numbers (not likely, with them saying it’s a “slow” weapon, it would have to hit REALLY hard).
reaper has to be so good that you have incentive to stay in DS instead of abusing buffs (really hoping this is the case).
the traits for the line are actually just good on their own (probs not, no reason to make an elite line not focused on the new elite changes).

so, for example, spite/curses/reaper would apply blindness, chill, vuln with well of darkness, have extended chill duration, and you take less damage, but thats not amazing in pve.

spite/blood/reaper is silly, blood magic is only useful if you have high attack rates, which you only get with dagger/warhorn.

spite/soul/reaper makes sense for a DS focused build, but again, this has to make you want to actually use DS. Either DS has to be better than dagger or gs has to be better than dagger. Right now, neither one is.

similary, wells deal damage for us right now. probably one of the highest sources of damage for a power build. so unless shouts provide some utility or deal more damage then wells (neither seem likely)….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Most likely curses. I only ever went there for targeted wells with the 62006 build. It would probably look something like 60066 (or 30033 ).

(edited by Shifu.4321)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chad.3825

Chad.3825

I’ll give up Curses, 100%. The only reason why many powermancers spec into it are for the wells being ground targetting, but they’re going to be that by default. If I drop that I get to keep the 20% more damage under 50% health (will stack nicely with the other shout that reduces the cd when hitting someone under 50%), Chilling Darkness, Might on Life Blast (will probably also work with the new melee version as well, or something similar), and all of the Soul Reaping traits

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

This may be slightly off-topic, but In the slim chance that I actually get this expansion, I’m wondering what weaponset I’d have on the other hand for pvp sorts of things.

My guess is staff for more chills and fear and chill fear, but what if dagger/WH would still have a niche for its fast attack speed and the extra swiftness, as Anet seems happy to make this specialization as slow as necros have always been.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vigil.8205

Vigil.8205

I’d give all traits that use staves or blood trait since they aren’t that great

Timekeeper’s Condi Reaper
David Mortem
Henge of Denravi

in Necromancer

Posted by: MonkeyButtFace.4862

MonkeyButtFace.4862

Can’t decide until I get my hands on it. Chances are I’d build something very, very specifically for Reaper, as well.

Katinne Graveborn, TC Necromancer
RPer, PvPer, WvWer.

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

Hey Reapers what specialization you going to sacrifice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

Honestly, I’ll take Spite and Reaper and interchange between Blood, Death and Soul Reaping as needing.

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

don’t plan to play reaper as a condi build: so curses…easy

will go:
reaper, spite, soul reaping as a pure power build

or death, blood, reaper for a siphon MM build

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

As much as I love spite, Curses, Soul Reaping and Reaper are the way to go. My idea is to create a glass cannon condition build thats good in range (specter/focus) and devestating in close range (Greatsword/ Reaper shroud)

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game