What happened to my minions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

So I played a Necro in the last Beta weekend and fell in love with minions, I remember going into fights with 2 to 3 guys and making out due to my undead hoard.

WTF happened? my minions now get oneshotted by just about everything and 90% of the time they stand there and watch me fight? And don’t get me started on the useless Jaggad Horrors, yes I love the fact I can make a minion when I kill an enemy BUT THEY DIE BY THE TIME THEY GET TO THE MOBS!

they take kitten near 3 seconds to come out of the ground, by then their at half HP and then they take another 3 seconds to realize we’re in a fight to come and assist.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vangy.7403

Vangy.7403

true story… necros are about undead minions and still they havent made it viable duo to the many bugs on them.. but even without the bugs still minion masters need alot of love!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: MasterFung.8623

MasterFung.8623

I have a 80 MM with pure minion traits(training of the master,flesh of the master,vampiric master,bloodthirst,greater marks,death nova,and spiteful spirit) and aside from the bad pet ai and pathing, i do just fine.Just ran the first 3 dungeons and the Mad king this weekend for the first time and did awesome.When the rest get wiped i stay alive long enough for them all to run back and finish the boss.The jagged horrors at my lvl are useful and live long enough to get to the next mob in every chain pull and drop death nova for free as does every other pet when killed.We dont do alot of damage very fast but i always end up pulling agro for some reason so i must be doing something right.When the bugs get fixed i think well be a powerhouse as far as survivability is concerned.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Minions AI is pretty poor still, they bunch up and there really easily AoE’d down by mobs. You can improve there health by 50% with a trait in death magic and damage in spite which makes them okish for PvE solo.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBHhZakQrWvUzVjePRIpIaUbSB3AH0D3LNnB

A skill and trait layout such as this or similar will allow you to fully utilize your minions in PvE.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Story modes yes, all-in MM builds will work there but expl mode not really. I know this is not the WoW forums but -90% damage on aoe could be very helpful for MM builds. It would not make them overpowered or anything, they would simply last longer. Coupled together with lasting longer there has to be a system to make minion regen health. Be it in combat or out combat, to start a bossfight with an army of minion that have all 20% hp is not desireable gameplay.

I gotta say that Or make every minion as powerful as flesh golem as this minion seems the only one that can actually contribute some in dungeons.

I rolled necromancer because of the minions but went power build for above reasons.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NecropsY.8649

NecropsY.8649

Minion masters either need a swarm of desposable minions you can explode and bomb with

5x Bone Minons
3x Bone Fiends

or 3x Worms that can be moble – get rid of the teleport and make them pop out while pushing that button rest of the time they burrow under ground and stay near the necromancer

- failing the swarm notion of all minions with current health, they need to greatly increase the health of each minon (not the dammage) and buff up the defence and add a 50% reduction to aoe dammage

having 3 minions out is fine if they all survive,

and the Blood fiend is totaly un viable it should be replaced with a whole new minon idea or removed

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Minion masters either need a swarm of desposable minions you can explode and bomb with

5x Bone Minons
3x Bone Fiends

or 3x Worms that can be moble – get rid of the teleport and make them pop out while pushing that button rest of the time they burrow under ground and stay near the necromancer

- failing the swarm notion of all minions with current health, they need to greatly increase the health of each minon (not the dammage) and buff up the defence and add a 50% reduction to aoe dammage

having 3 minions out is fine if they all survive,

and the Blood fiend is totaly un viable it should be replaced with a whole new minon idea or removed

the blood fiend could be viable if it healed for more per hit.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard