What if...

What if...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

They changed Dhuumfire into something like:

100% chance to inflict (Chill effect) for 4 seconds on critical hits. This effect can only trigger once every 10 seconds. Chill deals damage.

(edited by Rok.5260)

What if...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

It would be… very interesting. I’m not sure it would be particularly useful, but I would probably prefer it more to Dhuumire.

Still, though, I’m in favor of either confusion or torment there instead of burning.

EDIT: I thought about it a bit, and I suppose the biggest problem with changing it so chill does damage is that it basically just flashes up a gigantic indicator that says “They’re going to chill you. Block/dodge it, or be ready to cleanse!”. Unless you are running a dedicated chill build, there’s always the chance this will activate and you won’t catch that little icon under their name saying “Chill them now!”

It’ll be really hard to use, but the advantage is that it won’t be overidden like burning is. As a unique condition, this will allow Necromancer to do hefty condition damage without being immediately mitigated. By both your own teammates and their cleanses.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

(edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493)

What if...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Probably would be OP: permachill would be so easy to achive, and doing damage on top of that, and with epidemic on top on top of that… Oh man, I would love that!

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

What if...

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Probably would be OP: permachill would be so easy to achive, and doing damage on top of that, and with epidemic on top on top of that… Oh man, I would love that!

a lot of good ideas die before they can see the light just because of epidemic

What if...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dylninja.4216

Dylninja.4216

I think the chill would be better, it would help us necros with limited mobility to sort of keep up pace

[PRO] The Protectorate of Fort Aspenwood
Shrouded Bomber

What if...

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Why not just let it be a Power-based ability instead? :/ Give power some cool love. It could be terror for powermancers.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

What if...

in Necromancer

Posted by: sas.6483

sas.6483

This is something that I’ve been in favor of. Chill seems like it’d be the right thing, since it works in favor of necro attrition and being hard to get away from. But, I think chill should not do damage. I also think that 4 seconds might be too long, considering that it’d actually be 5ish seconds after factoring in +30% duration.

I’d be in favor of a 1 second chill on crit, no cooldown or maybe a 2 second cooldown. The duration of this would be short enough to make epidemic difficult; if it were intended for single target damage, the 2 second cooldown would probably be preferable. No cooldown I think would be interesting, but probably OP.

- Dr Ebola

What if...

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

here is my suggestion from another post a couple of days ago

Change Dhuumfire to Dhuumfrost:
Chilling does damage

apply chill and dagame it would be too much. Necros have a lot of skill to apply chill, along with sigils and runes.

The idea is to have a build with theoretical perma chill with slow damage over time. This would fit the attrition role very well.

If is ok for Fear to do damage, why not chill? ofc it would be a lot less damage since the uptime its way longer.

(edited by vicious.5683)