What if Putrid Explosion could crit?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Just curious about people’s opinions here.

What if Putrid Explosion (Bone Fiend explosion skill) could critical based on the Necromancer’s crit % instead of the 4% from the bone minion?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Just curious about people’s opinions here.

What if Putrid Explosion (Bone Fiend explosion skill) could critical based on the Necromancer’s crit % instead of the 4% from the bone minion?

Would be nice, but would open to a snowball effect. Sounds good, but knowing ANet, if they ever ended up making pets fully scale on stats, it’d end up being a net major nerf. :/

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Would be nice, but would open to a snowball effect. Sounds good, but knowing ANet, if they ever ended up making pets fully scale on stats, it’d end up being a net major nerf. :/

This is somewhat a worry of mine. However, I think it would be a good change for it to scale off of our crit chance/ferocity, maybe only in PvE (which is the only place where this change is really relevant).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

This is somewhat a worry of mine. However, I think it would be a good change for it to scale off of our crit chance/ferocity, maybe only in PvE (which is the only place where this change is really relevant).

You actually use pets in PvE ?

I gave up on that long ago given how fast they run in front of a boss and get obliterated.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Bone Minions are a double blast finisher on a 20s CD that also deal potentially nice damage if they crit properly, which would be great for PvE.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

even if they were blasts i would never take them because they look gross.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If they were more accurate and if the detonation used the players stats then yes they would be very good in PvE. Unfortunately they are riddled with problems such as delayed blast effect, almost impossible to use on line fields, detonating away from the target and being just generally clunky and horrible to use. Also the summon time is a way too much for mid fight use.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I should adapt your own stats, since it’s also based on your power and stuff. It would be such a great skill for pve dungeons and fotm, procing combo fields and dealing good damage!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”