What is a Necromancer?

What is a Necromancer?

in Necromancer

Posted by: davidhoughton.2104

davidhoughton.2104

To paraphrase wikipedia, Necromancy is the summoning of spirits and the undead. We all picked this class because of this feature right?
Only to find that all minion type builds are sub par. The whole concept of the necromancer is flawed, minions are so weak that we have to resort to using other builds like the conditionmancer or a power build. But are we forgetting what the necromancer is really about, SUMMONING THE UNDEAD. Sort it out ANET.

What is a Necromancer?

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

In the original Guild Wars title, Dhuum, the first god of Death disallowed any form of Undead or Resurrection. This was why he was viewed as an unfair and largely unforgiving entity. Grenth and the Seven Reapers opposed this and struck him down, deposing him as the God of Death and allowing Grenth to assume that mantle. Grenth subsequently allowed for both Resurrection at appropriate locations, as well as for quasi-undead. That being the construction of minions from the dead, but not actually re-animating the bodies/attempting to harness the dead souls.

So necros we construct minions from the dead, but not actually re-animating the bodies/attempting to harness the dead souls.

edit: Heck in the first one, we had to have a corpse in the first place to raise a minion. How i miss that feature from gw1.

(edited by gamefreak.5673)

What is a Necromancer?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necromancer, in THIS game, control life force, blood, and have generally strong condition flow (both applying directly, removing from teammates, and transfering from self/team to enemy). Minions were always a very small part of our power, compared to conditions and health gain/sacrifice.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

What is a Necromancer?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I am fairly new to being a necromancer with my lvl 62 necro. But personally I am not even remotely interested in minions. What I like more is the death shroud thingy… and if I wouldn’t want to go for WvW group support with that necro, I would create a duel death shroud build. Being as much as possible a little black asura cloud^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!