What is your second favorite class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Assuming Necro is your first.

I’m getting tired of the CC train and inability to finish mobile targets in PvP. There’s nothing quite as frustrating as having all of your abilities taken away from you and you watch yourself get CC’d to death over a 10 second period – can’t move, can’t use skills, can’t enjoy the game.

Please share what else you like to play with.
I’m not sure if I will be purchasing HoT, so Reaper isn’t a real solution right now.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Mesmer!
We do get wasted by CC in general, but not nearly as much as necro. In particular, if we spec into it, we can have some short-lived stability on shatter which is fairly neat for stomps.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Mesmer.

I’m extremely slippery with mesmer. CCs never hit me because I’m never there to get hit. tones of evade frames, invaln, blocks, stun breaks, stealth, stability you name it. Their major issue is condition cleansing. Which is honestly not really much worse than necros but you notice it allot more on a mesmer because of their smaller health pool.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Fresh air ele (scepter + dagger)

I just love the speed at which you do everything with there being so many skills to chain and especially the fact that most of the skills are either instant or a very short cast time, the few that arent serve other purposes even if they miss.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: bile.7560

bile.7560

warrior because it feels opposite to necro in many ways.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Right now burn guardian, but used to be condi meele ranger.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Beastmastery Ranger. I like it when my pet one-shots Thief from stealth, top kek evry tim.

And Revenant, but that’s not here yet.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

anything that works in Power gear, but Id say it will be Revenant cause we are all gonna be on equal terms there and the race will be on…

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Engi, love the mad scientist vibe, warrior is just a meathead and guardian too much of a goody goody, Ele reminds me of some hippie, ranger, another hippie, thieves I hate with the passion of a 100000 supernovas, Mesmer, seems fun but I’m not big on the illusion gig.

Rev might take over though as my second fav however.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Thief is my second most played char. The mobility is just ludicrous. And it’s also my first pick if i dont feel like dying in WvW.

After thief come my elementalists and my warrior

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I have actually been working on getting them all through season 0 end game (Orr) but still play Necromancer a lot, partly because it has soulbound gathering tools and maxed inventory slots, and partly because I am used to the mechanics.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarkMezmer.5198

DarkMezmer.5198

Trapper ranger is my second fav next to my necro. Love just point holding and condi bombing engis and mesmers while they try their hardest to kill me and fail at it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Mesmer is probably my favorite other character. I also like ele but it’s too overpowered right now and that kind of sucks all the fun out of playing it.

I also have a lot of fun playing engi as well as an alt, but it takes a lot of skill and button pressing precision to work, which can be frustrating to learn, but the soldier elixir builds is almost as strong as ele imo. It just has kitten poor condi cleanse holding it back.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Probably warrior. I like most of the classes, except for elementalist (strong dislike) and guardian (meh).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Necro is my second-favorite profession, closely following the Elementalist (mostly S/D or Staff)

The Ele has been my main since GW1 and though I’ve been disappointed with how much less bursty they are in GW2, I’ve grown to love their sheer moment-to-moment versatility and flexibility, plus their spells are just so pretty.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

You guys are going to make me play everything.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Used to be warrior, but lately I’ve been finding myself enjoying Guardian a lot more. Hammer is just so kitten satisfying, and I recently started trying out a gs burn guardian and it’s so kitten fun. It reminds me of necromancer, how it ramps up stronger the more foes there are.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Nothing is stopping you from doing that.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

Nothing is stopping you from doing that.

Well, uh, real life, a little bit…

I really like your color wheel of professions.

(edited by meow one twenty.4376)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Condi mesmer. Pure unadulterated cheese for roaming, but at least when I need to get away I can.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BURDZ.5376

BURDZ.5376

thief i love the mobility…..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I suppose I belong to that rare group that doesn’t have a main or a favorite of any kind. I play 6 classes, and I swap through them as needed or depending on what mood I’m in.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I suppose I belong to that rare group that doesn’t have a main or a favorite of any kind. I play 6 classes, and I swap through them as needed or depending on what mood I’m in.

I am very glad that players such as you exist actually. When a certain role is needed in a party then you become very valuable. I however, usually play by way of reflexes due to the fact that I am an older gamer and I have gotten used to relying on what does what in a given situation. If I find myself in trouble I automatically use my “go to” skills to pull myself away from the brink. Even though I do play a roaming mes sometimes (not often), if I failed at that level of cheese I would just quit playing altogether.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Well a short little story for you;

I started with Necromancer, it’s my oldest and most played character, then soon after I made my Necromancer I made my Ranger. My Ranger doesn’t have quite as much play time as my Necromancer nor is she as old but they are fairly close in numbers and days. I bounced between the two quite evenly for the longest time and I used to love Trapper Ranger. So much in fact that Trapper was pretty much the whole reason I even played Ranger (I primarily WvW). Then the big trait re-work hit and throwable traps were removed. The one build I truly loved for Ranger was changed and now I pretty much never play my Ranger. I also grew tired of the state of Necromancer and the fact that it simply does not function well as a roamer in WvW. I’m a very independent player, I’m not in a guild (besides my own), I go where ever seems most exciting to me at the time and Necromancer doesn’t do well with this in WvW. After nearly 2 years of roaming on my Necromancer and trapper Ranger, having my Trapper ruined by the trait re-work and my patience worn thin by the difficulty of roaming with a Necromancer, I finally made my third character, a Warrior.

Now with my Ranger and Necromancer both nearly two years old and my Warrior only 2 months old, my Warrior is already my main. I hardly even touch my Necro or Ranger anymore because Warrior suits my needs so well. It functions well in groups and solo, I can take it to PvE content the rare times I feel like doing it and I don’t need to adjust much about my build, I enjoy playing Warrior quite a lot, albeit not as much as Necromancer… So Warrior is the profession I would consider my second favorite now.

It saddens me that I don’t like Ranger anymore. It also saddens me that I don’t have the patience to roam with Necro anymore. It’s doable, sure, it’s just too stressful for me. I’m not willing to run full cheese builds like Perplex-o-mancer so being steamrolled by small groups/zergs happens way too often.

Still, I consider Necromancer my favorite profession and although I don’t play it nearly as much as I used to I still get use out of it. And with Warrior’s elite spec revealed, Berserker, I’m even more excited to have decided on Warrior as being my new main (:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Elementalist. I love how it feels like I’m playing an instrument. However, Necromancer’s reactive playstyle is far easier for me to do really well at.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate