What legendary are you making?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

For your necromancer?

Our options are:

Kraitkin

The spear (not gonna type the name, too hard haha.)

Frostfang

Howler

The Bifrost

Incinerator

Meteorlogicus

So which are you making? I personally am having a hard time picking between Howler, Frostfang, or Meteorlogicus. Love the design of Meteorlogicus, but I hate that it has no added effects. I like the ice on Frostfang, and Howler just kinda suits a Necro I guess (But something tells me I shouldn’t make an off-hand legendary.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

staff but not sure which year it will be rdy
just to fill the empty space when i log in

SFR

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

I have Incinerator here is a video i made of the effects it gives the necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

I would love frostfang, but I refuse to spend that much time grinding for it.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I personally don’t feel any of the legendaries really suit the Necro, or at least the vampire/“norn blood shaman” look I’m going for. I’d like to see some sort of bone dagger with blood dripping from it. Malafacterym is the closest thing to this but even then it doesn’t quite fit. Sadly I’m actually using a level 50-something Ogre Dagger skin, Godskull Warhorn, and Deathwish. Hoping they add more legendaries…

(edited by Draehl.2681)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

@Draehl

Try to build Eye of Rodgort if you have a scepter build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I like the legendary spear and trident. But who would spend that much time for underwater weapons ?

My choice of weapons so far:
- staff → Scythe
- scepter → Eye of Rodgort
- dagger → Fused Dagger (MH power build), Malefacterym (OH condi)

Not really fond of other weapons: axe, focus (currently using Kodan for them) and warhorn (using Adamant, one of the most sober). I love The Anomaly, but it’s too “mesmery”.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’m going for Frostfang, personally. The underwater legendaries, Meterorlogicus, and Frostfang are the only ones I have never seen in-game (and I may have seen the scepter, but didn’t really notice).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drensky.9567

Drensky.9567

made the incinerator for my necro. going for warhorn or staff next(or I may make both of them).

Drensky – Neckromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

You forgot to list the most important one: The Minstrel!

in Necromancer

Posted by: morx.1738

morx.1738

Frostfang, got the precursor 3 days ago from the MF after 6 tries. Seen it on a pals’ toon already and it’s beautiful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Threy all look stupid on a Necro :/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lolicia.6502

Lolicia.6502

I’ve had Frostfang for quite awhile, but I just got Meteorlogicus. The wind chaser back pack mixes well with the scepter and helps make up for its lack of effects. I’m going for more of a wind wraith look—maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t—but I’ve had a penchant for orreries ever since watching “The Dark Crystal” as a kid.

Attachments:

Sabetha Sylvanshade, Sylvari Necromancer
Beatrice The Bloody, Norn Engineer
Gate of Madness

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

The Crossing is a pretty sweet staff for Necros. It isn’t a Legendary, but that also means it’s like 1/10th the cost.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nijjion.2069

Nijjion.2069

None for the Necro. I feel like the legendary weaps a necro could get don’t fit and have a lack luster look / don’t deserve the legendary name.

Some Legendary weapons get WAY outclasses by non legendarys skins… which they really need to fix so they are worth while to get.

Someone who has say Minstrel or even say Meteorlogicus… I would notice people who got Zenith weapon than these people. Legendary weapons are to show off what you got. You might as well have a 2silver level 10 skin than have these legendary’s really.

No idea why they also made 2 GS legendary’s but not 2 staff legendary’s (e.g. light and dark). Complete favouritism imo… seen by 100% of all GS skins and the lack of imagination/creativity of most staff skins in the game also.

/rant

(edited by Nijjion.2069)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Someone who has say Minstrel or even say Meteorlogicus… I would notice people who got Zenith weapon than these people. Legendary weapons are to show off what you got. You might as well have a 2silver level 10 skin than have these legendary’s really.

It’s easy enough to see Meteorlogicus, but yeah.. those of us that have it hope that ANet revamps it to match what other legendaries have. I did get the windcatcher backpiece which imo is the type of effect the scepter should have had.

I got Meteorlogicus because scepter is what I use most and like on Necro and I actually think it’s a gorgeous weapon. I’m not at all concerned with looking like a stereotypical necromancer. I didn’t pick the class for the whole death thing, but because I liked its playstyle and toughness (I tend to gravitate toward tough casters with aoe and lots of dots.) I joke that I’m one of the most un-necro necros. :P So I was lucky the choice was quite easy for me. ^^

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Got bifrost, next is probably frostfang and would like Howler as well eventually.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

frostfang is pretty necro~ish… but axe doesnt have any ability to apply chill (outside of sigil of… chill on crit/chill on swap)

i absolutely loathe all these fire themed necros running around… but i suppose if you’re running dhuumfire incinerator… might…. no… no it wouldnt

bifrost is clearly out-necro’d by the crossing, scythe and final rest

howler might fit nicely on a norn necro

… but if i were making a legendary for my necro (or any of my chars; which im not, as i prefer other skins) i would go kraitkin (even though it would barely be visible)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Necromancer

Posted by: vesta.3170

vesta.3170

I want Frostfang because i use the axe 90% of the time. I dont think it looks good with a necro though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kithzyan.5034

Kithzyan.5034

I want Frostfang because i use the axe 90% of the time. I dont think it looks good with a necro though.

I’m in the same situation, Axe is one of my most used weapons but I dislike Frostfang. Oddly, not because of its appearance which I quite like, but because of how big it is, it just looks ridiculous on my side-salad (min-height sylvari).

I would like to get Bifrost one day though, but I have a… control issue… with keeping dyes unidentified :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Incinerator, although with me not really farming much it will probably take me a very long time.

Dhuumfire+Incinerator, anyone?!

Maybe by the time I get it that’s actually a good build… :P

Benight[Edge]

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Kraitkin obviously.

in Necromancer

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

None of the legendaries really work for me. Personally I like the pink/purple misty effects for my necro so I use Spirit Links for my focus, Abyssal Scepter, Reaver of the Mists/NIghtmare Axe and for stakitten I have both The Crossing and Final Rest. I still need to get a good offhand dagger though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atheismo.5164

Atheismo.5164

As other people have said, I don’t feel that any of the Legendaries that we can wield fit our class at all. I like Bifrost, but I feel that it would look kinda dumb with the sythe overlay.

I’m hoping Anet gives us access to Greatswords at some point (Hey, mesmers have em), because Twilight would be absolutely BA on a necro.

edit: actually the underwater weapons are actually pretty cool on a necro, but it’s hard for me to justify 1700gold for a weapon I’ll only use underwater (never).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Going for Incinerator. But I agree the effects from most of the legendary except underwater don’t suit very well with necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

My only real choice is howler, especially with how my necromancer looks. Too bad I hate the necromancer warhorn skills so I gotta learn to love them before I can even think about attempting a legendary.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

My necro.

I understand that for many, The Bifrost doesn’t really fit with a necro. I just love the Bifrost way too much to not get it. And since necro is my main, and main staff user, figured I would get it on her.

I think I managed to get a look that fits the weapon, as a noblewoman or w/e. Anywho, I have not once regretted my Bifrost on my necro.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

Frostfang, thats about the only thing that fits. I sure would like a twilight for my necro

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Im also un-sold on Leg’s for Necro…

As for it’s no fair there’s 2 GSwords… You can combine them both for a 3rd. So it’s triple unfair ;-P

Made ‘The Anomaly’ for a sexy focus offhand. Shrugs

I think ‘Dhuumfire’ should be renamed ‘Burning Itch’ to keep with Lore. Also that all necro’s without foot in the grave, should be Asura to explane why we get kicked about so much.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loss Dream.1825

Loss Dream.1825

i like the legendary staff,it’s so cool

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I’m going for Kraitkin, the spear doesn’t even look remotely like a necro weapon, neither do any of the other legendaries. I personally love underwater combat on necro so I don’t mind grinding away my time and hard earned money at the mystic toilet to get the trident. I prefer more “common” skins on my necro for the other weapons, at least until we get a better selection of legendaries to choose from.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

I’m personally going after Incinerator, and I will have to change my blue-ish look into a red-ish / orange-ish look. Making a hellish look. Although Frostfang would fit better my current look, but I’m already more than halfway there for Incinerator, so not going to change >.< .

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

ShadowMaster.5708

I’m personally going after Incinerator, and I will have to change my blue-ish look into a red-ish / orange-ish look. Making a hellish look. Although Frostfang would fit better my current look, but I’m already more than halfway there for Incinerator, so not going to change >.< .

I thought the same, until i got my incinerator. I actually dyed myself orange ish, but it didnt look good at all… The fire arm is the same colour as the armor, therefor the effects kind of dissapear and the fire looks like the armor, making the armor looking all buggy and stuff…

I prefer to have a “grayblue-ish” looks. It works well with the arm

But then again, if it is more than 2 people around (Almost all the time) the fire arm will bug out and it wont show the effect… Been like this since release and Anet wont bother fixing it

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I’m going for Kraitkin, the spear doesn’t even look remotely like a necro weapon, neither do any of the other legendaries. I personally love underwater combat on necro so I don’t mind grinding away my time and hard earned money at the mystic toilet to get the trident. I prefer more “common” skins on my necro for the other weapons, at least until we get a better selection of legendaries to choose from.

Agreed. Im still undecided on a warhorn skin to go with my corrupted dagger though. Godskull is nice it just doesnt fit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I’m going for howler all the way! I’m a sylvari so I feel like the wolf theme is naturey enough for them too. Besides it being one of the few cool warhorn skins, I feel like the foggy aura and footprints somehow do fit a mysterious necroey theme, and I use moonshank as my dagger skin, so I’ll get 2 lunaresque weapons.

I made my mystic clovers last night, and since its a cheap legendary in comparison to all of the others sans focus/underwater weaps I figure I’m only 300-400 gold away from getting it.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

I thought the same, until i got my incinerator. I actually dyed myself orange ish, but it didnt look good at all… The fire arm is the same colour as the armor, therefor the effects kind of dissapear and the fire looks like the armor, making the armor looking all buggy and stuff…

I prefer to have a “grayblue-ish” looks. It works well with the arm

But then again, if it is more than 2 people around (Almost all the time) the fire arm will bug out and it wont show the effect… Been like this since release and Anet wont bother fixing it

I currently have the dark gray/blue-ish look, looks very good with the shatter wings, but if that makes Inci look better than going orange-ish, then all for the better! :P

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Posted by: TroutAmbush.2157

TroutAmbush.2157

I’m most of the way finished with making my Kamohoali’i Kotaki. Got all the T6 ‘cept Bloods and Scales. After that I just need my Shark Statue and I’m done~.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

already have mine =)

Attachments:

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Frostfang is a awesome legendary. All hail Jormag!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

With the announcement of adding more legendary weapons, I think I’m just going to wait for the next batch to see if we get anything more appropriate for the majority of our themes.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

ShadowMaster.5708

I don’t get why people care some much about the necro theme thing… If there is a legendary you think look good, get it! Heck, i run around with incinerator and a pink quaggan backpiece with white armor… why? i think it looks good

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drensky.9567

Drensky.9567

To each his own i guess…
I do hope the new legendary have a dark themed staff coming out though.

Drensky – Neckromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I don’t get why people care some much about the necro theme thing… If there is a legendary you think look good, get it! Heck, i run around with incinerator and a pink quaggan backpiece with white armor… why? i think it looks good

because for looking good, the context is important. if you throw different cool looking items together, that doesnt mean that the combination will look good too.

incinerator for example. looks awesome; imo fits perfectly to a character with a steampunk-styled armor. but on my necro? not so much

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

ShadowMaster.5708

because for looking good, the context is important. if you throw different cool looking items together, that doesnt mean that the combination will look good too.

incinerator for example. looks awesome; imo fits perfectly to a character with a steampunk-styled armor. but on my necro? not so much

Just get the steampunk set then…? Your profession doesnt matter on how your character looks…? but oh well, some people think so maybe

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Honestly most likely just going to wait for new Legendaries. The Axe goes with our theme, but the rest don’t really.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

I finished frostfang the other day after farming mats sine launch…. Now I’m just saving mats so I can build the new legendary axe when it comes out.