What legendary fits the necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

So, hit 80, got full exotic worked out, sigils, runes, etc. etc. etc. Start doing dungeons for the armor skin (lets face it, the armor from dungeons gives you nothing but a diff skin). You can buy the stats you want on diff armor and trans it to others).

And then you start thinking, yeah, a legendary; so as a necro you peruse the options and see, a staff (that does not really fit), ok a scepter… what? it looks like a dryhumped science project with stupid solar system on a stick. ok, dagger, no, aoe fire does not help my class, ok axe… blah, great for a warrior, does not help me above and beyond what i can find in an exotic.

COME ON! Where is the dark matter dripping necro weapon? Reaper scythe? something DARK!.

NO ITS ALL BLAH!

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

YOU HAVE A SHORTBOW THAT SHOOTS MY LITTLE PONY RAINBOWS! MY THIEF WOULD GUT HIMSELF BEFORE EVEN USING IT!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

legendary dog stool of suckiness
thats the only thing that fits necros

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

HAHHAHHA i get where your coming from.

I really want to ask the devs what they were thinking when they made these weapons. It was obvious that Necro was not added to the drawning board. These are the questions I ask myself at night after I have logged and prepping for sleep.

WHO thought…

= oh yeah, gamers will want a shortbow that shoots rainbows (only if the gamer is high and needs a laugh)

= oh yeah, gamers want a frankenstine solarsystem-on-a-stick for a scepter. that fits my weatherman elementalists.. maybe… but it still looks like someone hot glued a sciience project on a broken broom handle. Good job special K!

= Why are the greatswords so cool looking and the ones my class has to deal with look like poo!

= Do they hate us necros, our class? were they punished by a magician when they were kids and somehow this reminded them of that bad day and they are taking it out on us?

= rainbows agian… REALLY!???!?!?!? RAINBOWS!??!?! WTF?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Well we get a scythe every time we go into combat with a staff, but beyond that…

in Necromancer

Posted by: JonasV.4209

JonasV.4209

What is wrong with the dagger? I haven’t seen it yet, but just based on reading is seems like it would be pretty cool. If I start working towards one it will probably be the dagger, or maybe the axe. But seeing how axe is complete crap in terms of usefullness it almost has to be dagger.

~ Tarnished Coast ~ Sylvari Necromancer ~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Best legendary for necros is a exotic called Final Rest, currently even rarer than the legendaries~

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elmentcius Koronel.6234

Elmentcius Koronel.6234

I dunno about you guys, but I don’t want my character to look like a xmas tree…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Anybody got some any good links to some cool looking staffs for necros, currently going for nightmare staff but I’m sure theres other better stuff, like that Final Rest could you post a link ;D

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Necromancer

Posted by: eric.6079

eric.6079

not even our traits don’t fit us properly, how on earth did you think any legendary item would?

in Necromancer

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

twilight should have been transformed into a staff for us instead

in Necromancer

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

“Like all legendary weapons, The Bifrost has its own unique appearance. The staff is surrounded by an ever glowing rainbow colored aura, leaving behind a faint trail when swung.” – Wiki

“…ever glowing rainbow colored aura,”

“…rainbow colored…”

“…rainbow…”

My necro just died a little inside.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

Frostfang seems cool (haven’t seen the animations yet though)… Too bad axe is no longer generally all that useful (filling more of a niche role).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Solesaver.8764

Solesaver.8764

I’m working toward the minstrel. But I suppose that only really matches my necro…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

I am no longer going for a legendary. Maybe sometime down the road , but not right now, and especially not since the legendaries all look…ridiculous for necros.
Instead I think I might just get a lidless eye ( unique scepter) and a ( i dunno) for staff.
Shrug.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

There is a skull and spine staff that looks right at home in the hands of a necro, forgot the name tho.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaLaMi.5867

SaLaMi.5867

These are my current Necro weapons. Exotic, but used Fine Transmutation stones with the pirate skins from lions arch.

http://imgur.com/a/HAFs8#0

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

If you’re going for deadly, sinister, dark, evil look on necromancer, legendary is not for you

NOW let’s talk about friendly, color loving, jubilant, playful necromancer
http://tinyurl.com/8mnd63a

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

The cheerfull homicidal maniac?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

ah, yes. Sometimes that is how i feel playing my Engineer…

But now i am drifting badly off topic…

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Anybody got some any good links to some cool looking staffs for necros, currently going for nightmare staff but I’m sure theres other better stuff, like that Final Rest could you post a link ;D

http://www.guildhead.com/item/19360/final-rest
http://www.guildhead.com/item/27485/deathwish-of-blood

From all the legendaries, the axe/aka most useless weapon necro can have, actually does look the best for the dark caster vibe if you are human, you kinda turn into a weak versions of the dervish Avatar of Grenth.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Archinos.8754

Archinos.8754

For some reason it looks like all the characters who can use great sword got it all…
you have 3 legendary great swords that no one can miss if you have it…
staff is nice but… common… death rainbow?
scepter looks like your weapon have cancer and the only one that looks good is the dagger but it’s small and have no animation on the floor or something epic like the great sword and the staff.

it’s nice that we dont have swords

in Necromancer

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

wayward wand from the hom is pretty nice.looks good with necro

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

For some reason it looks like all the characters who can use great sword got it all…
you have 3 legendary great swords that no one can miss if you have it…
staff is nice but… common… death rainbow?
scepter looks like your weapon have cancer and the only one that looks good is the dagger but it’s small and have no animation on the floor or something epic like the great sword and the staff.

it’s nice that we dont have swords

Having Bolt would be kitten… imagine dual wielding 2 Lightning swords while leaving trails of frozen/electric/darkness.

in Necromancer

Posted by: electrofux.8251

electrofux.8251

Godskull stuff is cheap and looks decent at least. Nightmare and Destroyer skins are not bad. That Pirate thingy looks nice too.