What runes are you all running with?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cazamar.7148

Cazamar.7148

I just recently returned to the game after a long break and have been playing my 80 necro minion master a lot. I was curious what is considered a good rune to put on all 6 of my armor pieces. I know some are a lot better than others. Thank you for the info.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

superior rune of scholar is the best damage option

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

If you are a minion master, rune of the ranger will give you more stable results than rune of the scholar.

With rune of the scholar you need to be at the 90% hp threshold, but rune of the ranger only needs that you have a minion up to get the 7% damage bonus (only less than scholar by 3% but more uptime on pve content that is not dungeon speed runs, such as fractals and dynamic events).

Personally I just choose Rune of Strength for myself, the might duration boost is rather convenient.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Rune of pack is great for several reasons.

First great damage stats that is non-conditional ie doesnt require you to be at 90% health or buffed in some other way.
Secondly it gives you very high uptime on fury, swiftness and might in combat without requiring you to trait for it. *edit – also your allies! group friendly necro!
Thirdly, combined with spectral walk, 30 death magic and spectral mastery you have 100% uptime on swiftness on demand. Spectral walk also is a stun break if you are traveling with others and dont need to use the swiftness.

Its best bang for the buck for min/maxers in wvw looking at the necro in terms of dps and utility.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

(edited by Kilger.5490)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Raiding in Pack, roaming in Travelers, PvPing with Dolyak lol.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Pack for everything

Edit: if you were gone along time, then you were possibly in Ruby Orbs. Those were nerfed. get out of those ASAP

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Running? Speed runes… duh

But seriously, runes of the eagle BUT, I run with full zerker, 30/10/0/0/30 and sigil of air/fire so, the dmg output is brutal.

For MM any rune will do, I think (I switch to MM to solo champs and runes are rather irrelevant IMO).

In WvW/PvP runes of speed is a must for me but then again, I’m not really into these aspects of the game.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

In addition to the more meta runes above, there are runes for specific situations.

Hoelbrak is still good for messy large scale PvE
Krait for bleeding, if that’s your thing (I never use it anymore)
Exuberance for PUGS gone horribly wrong (it is surprisingly strong when maximizing vitality with its conversion of vitality to power but is still bunker)
Celestial is becoming cheap and is good but not great

Anything that has condition damage for a stat is sub-par. Condition damage does not reward investment well enough. This is by design, of course.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

In PvE I’m running Aristocracy (Condi/Hybrid gear) and Eagles (Power gear). In WvW I only have Krait atm (Condi gear, roaming), but maybe I’ll go to Nightmare or Pack later.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cazamar.7148

Cazamar.7148

Thank you all for the responses. It looks like I have some thinking to do. But it is good that I have so many options.