What's going to happen to reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raoc.2875

Raoc.2875

WP mentioned that Anet was going to change reaper so that it would be a power spec. What do you think will be changed? I love my condi reaper, don’t really want it taken away.

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

They basically killed deathly chill so RIP condi reaper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Yep they are just going to kill deathly chill from what I’ve read in leaks a while ago.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Yep they are just going to kill deathly chill from what I’ve read in leaks a while ago.

WP hovered over it and it still caused bleed when he was showing scourge so im unsure if its going to die.

in Necromancer

Raoc.2875

I believe it was reduced to one stack again though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzara Nectum.1734

Azzara Nectum.1734

So, useless basically… kitten

— Slave of the Free World —

in Necromancer

Posted by: jonG.8369

jonG.8369

In WPs stream he hovers over it. 1 stack for 9.5 seconds. (Not sure if he had any gear/trinkets that affected duration.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

So, useless basically… kitten

It’s anet, gotta make the previous kitten useless so they can get people to justify buying the xpac.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

jonG.8369

Yeah, I don’t see why they have to nerf an existing elite just to prop up the new one. Thought this was horizontal progression and not power creep.

in Necromancer

Raoc.2875

I hope they don’t screw up the spite line too bad, really gonna be mad if we lose the might generation.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

WP mentioned that Anet was going to change reaper so that it would be a power spec. What do you think will be changed? I love my condi reaper, don’t really want it taken away.

They’re gonna make Reaper a power spec by nerfing its condi portion, not by buffing the power aspects.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

it was 1 stack because he was in pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Yeah he was in PVP. Also Spite Line, Signets and Reaper will get reworked to push it out of the condi side and into power. Or at least thats what they hope to achieve.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xevv.9175

Xevv.9175

It really sucks that I wont have my current spec to just use if I dislike scourge.

And by wont have I mean that while I could spec it and equip the stuff, itll be even more useless than it currently is.

Far as I know nobody else is having their current spec options gutted?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

It really sucks that I wont have my current spec to just use if I dislike scourge.

And by wont have I mean that while I could spec it and equip the stuff, itll be even more useless than it currently is.

I play base power necro, so if they’re buffing core power specs I’m going to be made in the shade. The revealed on shroud 5 and axe buffs have made a world of difference for me in wvw. The only class I fear is warrior, since you can’t actually damage one as a necro. Or a ranger. Or a guardian. Or…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Just to be clear … does anyone have SPECIFIC information about how they will change reaper for condi builds? I can’t find it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

Change deathly chill into remove a condition every time you strike a chilled foe (with no cooldowns as well) and I’ll never play anything else.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Just to be clear … does anyone have SPECIFIC information about how they will change reaper for condi builds? I can’t find it.

There were some pretty vague leaks saying that Deathly Chill will be remade into doing power damage. Not sure how much stock to put in it though. Admittedly, the same source said that Scourge was going to be Condi/Support, so there’s that. Makes sense if they are going for making Reaper the Power option and Scourge the Condi option.

But as it is I’m simply expecting nonsensical and unwarranted nerfs. I reckon I’ll still be playing Necro regardless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xevv.9175

Xevv.9175

I play base power necro, so if they’re buffing core power specs I’m going to be made in the shade. The revealed on shroud 5 and axe buffs have made a world of difference for me in wvw. The only class I fear is warrior, since you can’t actually damage one as a necro. Or a ranger. Or a guardian. Or…

Im not saying power reaper shouldnt be buffed, it certainly needs it.

I just wish they werent gutting our current condi build to do it. And therefore forcing us into the new elite if you want to play condi.

I mean this also could have been avoided had they not screwed up the builds in the first place. But way too late for that one.

in Necromancer

jonG.8369

Didn’t Deathly Chill originally just make Chill do damage on its own and it didn’t connect with Bleeding? What was wrong with that exactly?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

The Condi lovers revolted

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Didn’t Deathly Chill originally just make Chill do damage on its own and it didn’t connect with Bleeding? What was wrong with that exactly?

It did around the same damage as old burn did, people hated it because with how much chill reaper put out, they were constantly taking a good chunk of damage now matter what, in addition to longer cooldowns and reduced speed.

On the PvE side, if people are their chill overridden by another reaper or player, they’d loose they damage.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

jonG.8369

Any leaks about the changes to Spite & Signets? If not, best guesses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I would be surprised if they plain remove the ability to play a hybrid reaper. Knocking the bleeds back down to 1 for 8s per chill, with power buffs to counterbalance, will be enough to make such a build doable.

From what we’ve seen of Scourge, it’ll be a condi monster without needing to do chill whirls or anything. Big shade will send out a ton of torment without much effort.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

There were some pretty vague leaks saying that Deathly Chill will be remade into doing power damage. Not sure how much stock to put in it though. Admittedly, the same source said that Scourge was going to be Condi/Support, so there’s that. Makes sense if they are going for making Reaper the Power option and Scourge the Condi option.

But as it is I’m simply expecting nonsensical and unwarranted nerfs. I reckon I’ll still be playing Necro regardless.

So just rumors. Good.

And I wouldn’t worry about nonsensical and unwarranted nerfs, at least not to Reaper when PoF comes out. It’s not a balance patch. Just like the last expansion, the focus was on the elites. Changes to the overall class balance was much later.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

DS can go kitten itself for all I care
But spite line is an entirely different story. please dont touch it.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Repear will get nerfed so people are forced to buy the expansion to stay competitive

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Repear will get nerfed so people are forced to buy the expansion to stay competitive

From what info we have on the Scourge, Reaper is still going to be a necessity to be competitive in any PvP format.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver