What the hell even is this class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MeinUguu.8256

MeinUguu.8256

Is this really the state of Necromancers, right now? Is this class absolute trash without a team dedicated solely to babysitting you?

Every match I get into, I deal virtually no damage, I’m bursted to death in one rotation(Shroud be kitten ed), and every attempt I make to attack is clogged with Blocks and Invulnerabilities. What few times I do get a Condition to apply, it’s just instantly cleansed en masse, anyway.

Everyone I’ve talked to has said the same three things.
1) Just reroll something actually useful.
2) Insert generic git gud copy pasta here.
3) Go to this website and look at the fifteen builds that all vary wildly and that’ll learn you gudder.

Anytime I play my Guardian, I just bulldoze people. I’m obscenely difficult to kill, I have the burst to railroad people in seconds, while still supporting the team near-constantly. But on my Necromancer, I just melt like butter. On the off chance I find someone AFKing long enough to apply Bleeds, it isn’t even half the damage they throw at me. I can’t escape anyone, that’s never an option. Between the thousand different teleports, leaps, pulls, and infinite speed increase, nobody has any trouble sticking to me like glue.

I’ve tried using Well of Darkness, but it barely keeps me going for more than a few seconds more. But it doesn’t fix the issue that they’ll just kill me after. Tried Spectral Armour but, again, it takes a year to actually trickle in bleed damage so they just kill me after, if not just outright burst through it anyway.

Shroud has proven to be a disgraceful tool. Even if I survive long enough to build it, it’s popped in a third of a second and I follow immediately after.

Is this really the class? A one-trick boon-corrupter with zero damage, the durability of tissue paper and an unavoidable reliance on having people committed to playing babysitter?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Welcome to the Necromancer life.

We have lesser damage than every other classes, no mobility, no survavibility, no real bunker builds, no support builds, no direct damage builds, no condi burst builds. The only thing a necro is good to is corrupt boons. If you ask to pro players, that’s the only reason to have a necro in tournaments and why it have to be babysitted by a engi to get ressed every second.

Try a Minion master build to get practice, it’s the best defensive build we have and it’s funny, but nothing more (and everyone that chose to kill you will kill you anyway).

Anyway there’s a lot of builds you can try, the problem is that they’re all bad in this meta, expecially for soloq

in Necromancer

MeinUguu.8256

Well, kitten. Well and truly hate to hear that, but at least it’s before I frustrate myself further by wasting time actually trying.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Why do you play the meta build in solo Q? It’s trash there!

If there is nobody to babysit you, don’t play glass canon builds that require babysitting (the meta reaper is a glass canon).

Lot’s of people don’t understand metabattle. These builds are tournament builds. No class stacking, maximum communication between team members, 24/7 support by team members.

Solo Q is a completely different story.

in Necromancer

MeinUguu.8256

I like Condition damage. I liked the plague-spreading theme of the class, hence why I picked it. Whether or not it’s ‘meta’ isn’t my concern. My concern was how impossible it is to actually do anything with it.

And I’m not glass-cannon’d. But there’s not much reason not to go full damage when this class has no defenses to speak of, anyway. All the health and toughness in the world doesn’t make any difference, and even then my damage just goes even lower.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

My unhelpful two cents:

I love it anyway.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

KrHome.1920

Watch tournaments! Then you see why it exists. It sacrifices every possible sustain for its purpose. They even sacrifice Soul Reaping for Blood Magic just because of die Signet proc. You would never do this outside of a controlled environment.

Try to go full damage with an ele, thief (no Trickery) or any other class and see how you perform. That argument makes no sense.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

That power crap kills you in seconds doesn’t matter how you build your necro.
You are always the first target because the class is weak for solo q on his own.
You will notice it when enemy have lots of power crap and send you back to spawnpoint in 1-2 seconds then you will notice something is very unbalanced with the class/game
Very weak to focus = Biggest weakness in pvp and need improvements. 2dodges and some low damage mitigation thats all we have as defense.
You can use shroud potential only if your team already stronger than enemy team. If enemy team focus you and dont let you get Life Force you have about 1-2sec shroud time max.
Which means there are situations where shroud don’t worth anything as we are not able to use its potential because solo power crap decided to farm us.
So 1 hp bar 2dodges 33%dmg mitigation and about 1-2sec shroud time /fight to defend myself and use shroud skills. ( " i can go far with that. Not." )

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

because it’s aggressive and i must pretend to be darth malgus.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Is this really the state of Necromancers, right now? Is this class absolute trash without a team dedicated solely to babysitting you?

Every match I get into, I deal virtually no damage, I’m bursted to death in one rotation(Shroud be kitten ed), and every attempt I make to attack is clogged with Blocks and Invulnerabilities. What few times I do get a Condition to apply, it’s just instantly cleansed en masse, anyway.

Everyone I’ve talked to has said the same three things.
1) Just reroll something actually useful.
2) Insert generic git gud copy pasta here.
3) Go to this website and look at the fifteen builds that all vary wildly and that’ll learn you gudder.

Anytime I play my Guardian, I just bulldoze people. I’m obscenely difficult to kill, I have the burst to railroad people in seconds, while still supporting the team near-constantly. But on my Necromancer, I just melt like butter. On the off chance I find someone AFKing long enough to apply Bleeds, it isn’t even half the damage they throw at me. I can’t escape anyone, that’s never an option. Between the thousand different teleports, leaps, pulls, and infinite speed increase, nobody has any trouble sticking to me like glue.

I’ve tried using Well of Darkness, but it barely keeps me going for more than a few seconds more. But it doesn’t fix the issue that they’ll just kill me after. Tried Spectral Armour but, again, it takes a year to actually trickle in bleed damage so they just kill me after, if not just outright burst through it anyway.

Shroud has proven to be a disgraceful tool. Even if I survive long enough to build it, it’s popped in a third of a second and I follow immediately after.

Is this really the class? A one-trick boon-corrupter with zero damage, the durability of tissue paper and an unavoidable reliance on having people committed to playing babysitter?

I’m one of the elitist noobs that screams “git gudder” because, whilst I do feel your pain, I also know there’s a solution to your problem.

Here’s the lo-down; everyone and their mother are going to focus you when they see you because ESL and Pro League have conditioned them into “focus the necro” (for a while before this, it was “Focus the guardian/Dragonhunter”). So now that you are armed with this knowledge you can either use it to your advantage or play in such a way that allows you to make yourself scarce.

STEP 1: Never be the first to enter the team fight. Always be the guy who +1s.
When going to the first team fight in the mid, always hang back. Take the back roads, stay out of sight, wait till everyone is otherwise engaged before you show your face.

STEP 2: Never get into a 1v1 you know you can’t win, unless it’s necessary for you to hold the point.

STEP 3: Always be the last to engage and the first to disengage a team fight. When one person goes down and you know you can’t win the fight, just start legging it out of there. Don’t overstay your welcome UNLESS you need to hold the point in order to win.

Finally, before you go. You should know that it’s dangerous to go alone, so, take any of these:

(slows thieves down by destroying their daze spam with poison cloud) Poisonmancer Reaper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78orUhc5i54

(hard to fight thieves 1v1) My Current Power Reaper: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kjGoaTsmGwvGgeTsgLYxXxvYYcKL0EWCQXtAQLA-TZBFABqfQAA4KAA/+DP8AAiuMAA

2 x Legendary Terrormancer Core Necro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzWrkwYvMgQ

When you learn how to be a sneaky necro, all things will become clearer.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

If anet is going to go ahead and make solo Q/duo Q the default for ranked season….

Then “necromancers are good of they have a babysitter,” no longer holds water. The profession’s damage and defense need a looking at.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

Premader necros have babysitters, so nothing change for me.
But i agree they need to take look at our defense mechanic. Also the damage we do / match we do like 400-500k/conquest right? + die alot. while others classes do 700-900k? I think its joke as we are ranged casters that can do a lot of aoe. We should be on top of damage done meters. But as i said before overall our survivability and overall damage done is not on the same level of other classes. The numbers dont lie. The necro class is in weakest spot atm. Fun class but weak and you also notice its not that much fun when you get situations to fight overtuned classes where their spec/meta spec keep them good both at teamfights and very strong at 1v1’s.

in Necromancer

Silv.9207

We have low damage if compared to a lot of other classes, expecially why we don’t have a burst damage skill aviable (we have gravedigger on the GS but it’s not a viagle skill/weapon in pvp). The reason is why we have a high HP pool Basicly the double of any other class. The double only why ANet still think that the Shroud LF count as a healt pool…
Then, for ANet More Healt is equal to More Survavibility. That’s why we don’t have access to any burst skill, movement skill, defensive skill or high damage. We have HP to survive, then why have other things to be able to fight?

The Shroud is the main reason why we’ll never obtain a good way to defend ourself or our allies. And not even to have a high damage in sPvP content.

For WvWvW, we’re the main damage cannon of the zerg with the old-but-gold Power Build, with the Death Shroud AA to spam 4k AoE hit in line plus wells. But work only in WvWvW zergs.

Also in PvE we have lower damage than almost all the other classes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I ask myself the title of this thread every time I go into WvW on my necro.
Honestly, we are designed to be a punching bag that becomes dangerous when we corrupt boons. Also, if you are using regular condi necro without reaper, you basically deserve to die, because base condi necro is awful, and it has been that way since the specialization patch. Pray for the second coming of Geesus and wait.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: MrPinks.2015

MrPinks.2015

i agree with Op
everyone has too many blocks too much condi cleansing and teleporting and more mobility
the only thing we have is shroud….with no stability….barley …

i just get humiliated lol by dhs and warriors / condi warr
barly do any dmg to druid….
or ele
and ifyou managed to burst some one hard enough to kill he slips away cuz our mobility sux

i feel sad for reaper a good class but lacks so much right now

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

The only people I have trouble with on my condi necro is DH and Revenant, and even then it’s not by a huge margin.

I’m using a non-meta build, and in the last season I had an 80% win rate by the time I hit legendary. A reaper’s place is in team fights. Run into a fight, drop your AoE, remove boons, and get the heck outta dodge. Target someone with lots of boons and shred them off, target them for your teammates to say “hey, i’m making this guy a soft little kitten for you, eat him up please”.

You can’t just run in, go mid at the beginning of the game, and expect not to get stomped. Go home and 1v1. Go far and 1v1. THEN start joining team fights and really screwing people up. Try to make people follow you off point, and then gank them.

Again, revenants and DH are going to give you a little trouble. DH less so, because if you avoid the traps and use LOS they are pretty much screwed… Rev will stick to you like glue and eat you up 9/10 times if they catch you alone.

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

The only people I have trouble with on my condi necro is DH and Revenant, and even then it’s not by a huge margin.

I’m using a non-meta build, and in the last season I had an 80% win rate by the time I hit legendary. A reaper’s place is in team fights. Run into a fight, drop your AoE, remove boons, and get the heck outta dodge. Target someone with lots of boons and shred them off, target them for your teammates to say “hey, i’m making this guy a soft little kitten for you, eat him up please”.

You can’t just run in, go mid at the beginning of the game, and expect not to get stomped. Go home and 1v1. Go far and 1v1. THEN start joining team fights and really screwing people up. Try to make people follow you off point, and then gank them.

Again, revenants and DH are going to give you a little trouble. DH less so, because if you avoid the traps and use LOS they are pretty much screwed… Rev will stick to you like glue and eat you up 9/10 times if they catch you alone.

Only revenants and DHs give you trouble? I’d like to see what you do with good warriors, mesmers, thiefs and druids. They should eat you alive and druids just win by outlasting + pet. Which build you run?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Necro still one of my favorite classes. Seeing one open field in wvw without a portal nearby is pretty much a free bag though. Even the good ones will struggle against someone half competent if they have no escape.

I can park on necros/reapers with ele and just faceroll spam cc/dmg until they die. I don’t even bother kiting reaper shroud anymore unless they really seem to know their stuff (crazy rare). If the boons gets corrupted, the conditions magically disappear.

Necros really do need some love. Would like to play mine more and not be a well bomber zergling.

in Necromancer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Signet spec still works in solo queue, but you definitely hafta keep Soul Reaping over Blood.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Koru.8574

Koru.8574

Seems to me that you have a l2p issue

Attachments:

in Necromancer

MeinUguu.8256

Shows over, folks. He posted a screenshot of one match. GG no re, no more changes necessary from here until the game dies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Lel i know you are kidding ofc

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

If necromancer able to do today 1+ million damage he got babysitted by teammates while enemy team was also terrible bad for leaving you free casting skills. Why did you cut enemy team scores and damage received? Power necro also not viable against good players but you are good for a free kill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

Yeah and see the mechanic, boon corruption or condi transfers only work if you play condi necro. a class that cant be played as power, only with condis, and many other classes can spike more condis than nec. if you play necro in wvw its funny to see that EVERY ONE tries to focus you, best thing what you can do… bait enemies into a group of usefull classes of your team^^.

in Necromancer

KrHome.1920

boon corruption or condi transfers only work if you play condi necro.

Why?

(playing power corruptionmancer for ages now)

if you play necro in wvw its funny to see that EVERY ONE tries to focus you, best thing what you can do… bait enemies into a group of usefull classes of your team^^.

What WvW? Zerg? Solo Roaming? Small Scale Roaming?

Ich play a lot WvW (Rank 1400) and I don’t know what you are talking about.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

MeinUguu.8256

Why?

I suspect because it’s based on your stats, so you’ll need to be properly dedicated to make it really useful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghataka.1604

Ghataka.1604

The real problem with necro right now is that it’s considered a “faceroll class”, the recommended class for everyone along with warrior. The real truth is that when taken into competitive gameplay you have A LOT of mechanics to work with in order to be efficient, and that makes it one of the most complex classes.

If you want to emulate a warrior with a power build or a pure condition build you’re gonna fail, i’ve come to realize that necros need to “split too thin” in order to work fine when faced by other human players. Necros have a lot of resources but no burst, if you find equilibrium (not talking about gear, i mean utilities, traits and personal knowledge) you’re going to last forever while making 1vs1 or group detrition battles you’re speciality.

I didn’t want to mention “the meta” because it’s an insta-trigger, but i’ve been playing necro for a week after being ele for a year, and i’ve noticed just what i said above, necro is one of the most complex classes to play against other players, and i’ve ignored “the meta” because it seemed ridiculous in a pvp environment.

No necro should die with just one burst, and that’s not Anet’s fault, that’s a player choice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

So when did we start hating the Necro AGAIN? :P When HoT came out everyone was crazy about the Reaper. I don’t really follow updates and don’t use meta builds so I don’t know what’s going on…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Delahk.1560

Delahk.1560

Necro isn’t a faceroll class, nor is it supposed to be charge into fights head on. If that’s the playstyle you want, you’re better off with a warrior or a guardian. Do you expect to survive going head on with a thief?
Don’t rely on whatever meta is on. It’s a build made to suit that particular player, and how they play it with their team. It might very well not be suited to your playstyle at all. Make your own build, and learn the class’s weaknesses to be able to avoid them, and your strengths to know where you’d shine.

Honestly, if you get downed the second you enter the fight, either you’re getting outnumbered, or you simply need to learn the class better. It’s not a class you can expect to learn quickly.

Does necromancer need some buffing in some areas? Yes, but it’s far from being broken as some players seem to claim.

Oh, and necro can most definitely be played as power.

(edited by Delahk.1560)

in Necromancer

KrHome.1920

So when did we start hating the Necro AGAIN? :P When HoT came out everyone was crazy about the Reaper. I don’t really follow updates and don’t use meta builds so I don’t know what’s going on…

Season 2:
-Mercenary Amulet (Power, Condi Dmg, Vitality, Toughness),
-50% Rise!,
-easy perma chill on target (totally destroyed targets rotations, cleanse not possible),
-chill alone (besides its nasty slowdown/cooldown effect) dealt 600+ DPS,
-8 seconds stability every 20 seconds in shroud

Season 4:
-Carrion Amulet (no Toughness),
-chill duration halved (no perma chill),
-33% Rise!,
-chill only deals significant dmg. when you land RS 5+4 combo,
-only 5 seconds stability every 25 seconds in shroud

Condi Reaper was clearly OP. Unfortunately the Rise! and stability nerf hit Power Reaper hard too. That’s was not nessessary.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

MeinUguu.8256

Well, so far I’ve learned:

- Necromancers are immobile wads of tissue paper.
- Conditions don’t stick to anything.
- Literally nobody can agree on a build design.
- HoT is required, Reaper is the only viable way to play.
- Reaper is obscenely weak and not viable for play.
- Burning is bad, unless they’re using it.
- Flesh Wurm is both mandatory and utterly useless.
- Spectral Armour is easily the coolest looking ability, period.
- When in doubt, the target is Invulnerable, Blocking, mid-evade, and is Blinding you.
- Elites are disappointingly lackluster.

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

I’d say don’t play necromancer solo. If you don’t have team with decent players you only will suffer with it and useless overall. Getting instant killed and perma stun cc’d by atleast 3 peoples for 10mins. Every game have atleast 3 melee classes thats in your face the whole game. Best thing you can do in bad team in solo q is try to def close or try to get far and avoid bigger teamfights. I know necro teamfighter, but in solo q, when you notice they focus you like hell, avoid big fights as none will help you! Always go to where no big fights going as solo peoples dont save you or care about you usually and enemy melee’s will attack you, you lose all control of your character because of perma cc, and they send you back to spawn almost instant. Some matches you are getting so hard focused that overall damage you do is about 200-300k. ( Because all of them have shields,blocks and full damage mitigation + heal till you die ) while incoming damage to you is 800k. Thats 3-4 times more damage incoming than what you are able to do to them if they really want to farm you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Cant wait for necro being buffed again so it becomes brokenly op without solving core mechanic issues

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

Why?

if you play necro in wvw its funny to see that EVERY ONE tries to focus you, best thing what you can do… bait enemies into a group of usefull classes of your team^^.

What WvW? Zerg? Solo Roaming? Small Scale Roaming?

Ich play a lot WvW (Rank 1400) and I don’t know what you are talking about.

I play nec in Zerg, roaming, everywhere.
for example
In my opinion (and yes i only play power nec too), many mechanics on nec only work really with condi.

if you change boons on enemy in conditions, this conditions only make dmg if you have skilled condi dmg.
same with condi transfer instead of condi remove. the condis you transfer dmg enemies with your own condi dmg attribute. if you dont have skilled condi dmg , the condis you transfer to enemies dont really give them dmg.
a transfer have the negative effect that you NEED an enemy, if enemy running out of range after spiking you, you cannot transfer (remove) the condis with those skills and you have to take the whole dmg.

for example
a condi class spike condis on you with 1500 condi dmg (attribute). if you transfer it now, the condis go back with your condi dmg value of 0 (as power nec).the positive effect of transfer, that you can use dmg of your foes against them, get lost.
i would prefer the transfered condis keep the condi dmg from enemy who cast it to you. than you could use the transfers as power nec with the same effectiveness like condi necs.

yeah after HoT release i won easy 1 vs 5 fights with my reaper( that was truely OP), but since this time he get nerfed too hard (while many other classes get pushed by anet) atm he is a good counter against the boonshare meta because of his strong debuffs, but on next balancing patch boonshare will killed by anet (maybe), soo… what does the nec than?^^

its just because i have seen no dangerous nec for a long time. spiking his lifepoints down in 2 or 3 seconds is really easy with every other class. but i am excited for the next patch. thats all. whish you a good day.^^

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

If you ever win easy 1v5 with reaper than your enemies was true low skills or they played without hands. Reaper never was that strong. Remember necro always had problems beating for example: experienced mesmers in 1v1’s. without golem no chance which was bad for teamplay so you had to decide teamplay or having a chance to win 1v1. So i don’t know what easy 1v5 you are talking about really.

in Necromancer

Silv.9207

Back in season 1-2 the reaper was OP, but also had the same survavibility of now, then a thief was able to kill him and was easy killed by a team focus. That was a good balance: hard to kill in 1vs1 (unless for mesmer and revenant) but easy to kill in team fights with a fast focus.
Now we have lesser survavibility and lesser damage in a highly dps meta, that’s why we’re weak. If ANet turn back the necro nerfs and restore his damage and the Rise! nerf (both in damage reduction and minions hp), then we’ll have a better class to fight others, with his damage and a little little more survavibility.
There’s still a insanely amount of warriors now, able to burst down a necro with resistance all the time they need to kill us, thief have a insane damage with high dodge survavibility, mesmers can unleash high bursts as always, rangers immobilize you for ages and revenants can kill you faster than ever. We’ll have a lot of counters able to kill us the same way they do now, but we’ll have more chances to fight then at a better damage level.

If we can’t survive or win, at last make us able to make them win hardly and exit the fight with a leg and an arm chopped off by our kittene.

in Necromancer

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

Instead of complain about what other classes can do make up your own mind and find out what works for you the problem is the 200% builds that make the player bolth a unstoppable force and a immovable object. No matter what you do the game balance changes and moves if you want the same class same build the entire time your in a fantasy world. Necro is sitting in a good spot just the others tend to be out of balance. If you want to play the favor of the month move on and leave the ones that like to play necro alone.

in Necromancer

Silv.9207

Instead of complain about what other classes can do make up your own mind and find out what works for you the problem is the 200% builds that make the player bolth a unstoppable force and a immovable object. No matter what you do the game balance changes and moves if you want the same class same build the entire time your in a fantasy world. Necro is sitting in a good spot just the others tend to be out of balance. If you want to play the favor of the month move on and leave the ones that like to play necro alone.

If ALL the other classes are OP and we’re the only one left behind (with the ele), then there’s something wrong… because, then, they’re all balanced and we’re bad, that’s the resoult of that. And yes, that’s what really happen here.

in Necromancer

Delahk.1560

Ele left behind? Wait, WHAT?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

Ele left behind? Wait, WHAT?

Yeah ele is pretty bad right now unless you are looking to roll a healing/ support build then it does ok. But the decent damage builds have been killed long ago. The only good one now is fresh air and that has such a high skill cap that most people wont touch it for long.

If i had to pick the 3 weakest professions that need a complete rework right now I would say its
necro in last place needs the most work
Ele, just really needs some numbers and things adjusted and it might be alright again
Engi, Some skill need to just be reworked totally, It also needs builds that are not 300% boon dependent. Because its so boon dependent its about the only thing that Necro rekts 9 times out of 10 right now.

in Necromancer

Delahk.1560

Honestly, what is really needed is people to understand their class mechanics better.
I agree, there’s tons of problems with some classes, but they’re far from being weak.

in Necromancer

ZDragon.3046

Honestly, what is really needed is people to understand their class mechanics better.
I agree, there’s tons of problems with some classes, but they’re far from being weak.

I think people understand them just fine
Some mechanics just dont evolve well over time like for example thief and mesmer mechanics have.

You can only push on swap and toggle on and off mechanics so much as they have a very low cap for growing over time.

being several years in now these swap mechanics are not as rewarding as other profession skill mechanics making them feel underpowered. while they are easier to pick up and play they just cant keep up.

in Necromancer

Silv.9207

Every other Class Mechanic had a Power Up in HoT, but more frequently had a increased effect (dragonhunter) or an extra choice (mesmer).
Necro is the only class that had a Rework over his mechanic without a real change on it but only some Needed improvements. It got a Power Up, but that powerup was only mandatory to our really bad situation. That change added stability, a faster attack (to work better with our traits -Dhuumfire-), a finally viable condition application and a CC, all things that was good but that don’t really changed our mechanic. All things really needed for the class.
What’s the difference from a Gh and a reaper? The DH had already a comproved and perfectly functional mechanic and obtained an even better one, we had a problematic machanic and obtained only the right version of it.

With all the other classes ANet improved they’re already strong mechanics, with our they just fixed some of our problems without removing them or changing our mechanic. We still have LF generation problems and are Forced to use the staff and the Soul reaper Traitline to obtain the Trait for marks to obtain a good LF generation also in bad enviroments like WvW and PvP. We still don’t have any defensive skill. We still lack of movement (RS2 is good but have an aftercast that frequently make it useless to flee when an enemy is chasing you and also if the enemy move you miss him why the final hit of the leap need x/4 second to active, making you miss the enemy if he just move away).

At last a F1 DS + F2 RS can be a better way to add a better versatility between melee and ranged situations, granting us much more build diversity, gameplay and adding a sort of choice to what to use and when, adding a more “player skill” factor on the class.

We’re still struck in that Shroud that don’t grant us any new mechanic and make us unable to obtain defensive and movement skills.

in Necromancer

ZDragon.3046

Every other Class Mechanic had a Power Up in HoT, but more frequently had a increased effect (dragonhunter) or an extra choice (mesmer).
Necro is the only class that had a Rework over his mechanic without a real change on it but only some Needed improvements. It got a Power Up, but that powerup was only mandatory to our really bad situation. That change added stability, a faster attack (to work better with our traits -Dhuumfire-), a finally viable condition application and a CC, all things that was good but that don’t really changed our mechanic. All things really needed for the class.
What’s the difference from a Gh and a reaper? The DH had already a comproved and perfectly functional mechanic and obtained an even better one, we had a problematic machanic and obtained only the right version of it.

With all the other classes ANet improved they’re already strong mechanics, with our they just fixed some of our problems without removing them or changing our mechanic. We still have LF generation problems and are Forced to use the staff and the Soul reaper Traitline to obtain the Trait for marks to obtain a good LF generation also in bad enviroments like WvW and PvP. We still don’t have any defensive skill. We still lack of movement (RS2 is good but have an aftercast that frequently make it useless to flee when an enemy is chasing you and also if the enemy move you miss him why the final hit of the leap need x/4 second to active, making you miss the enemy if he just move away).

At last a F1 DS + F2 RS can be a better way to add a better versatility between melee and ranged situations, granting us much more build diversity, gameplay and adding a sort of choice to what to use and when, adding a more “player skill” factor on the class.

We’re still struck in that Shroud that don’t grant us any new mechanic and make us unable to obtain defensive and movement skills.

this tho

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Necromancer had no true power AoE build before Reaper. The best Necromancer had was a combination of dagger small cleave, Life Transfer, Mark 3-4 blast, and WoS. It was kludgey at best.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Necromancer had no true power AoE build before Reaper. The best Necromancer had was a combination of dagger small cleave, Life Transfer, Mark 3-4 blast, and WoS. It was kludgey at best.

Come on, base necro has more aoes. Both LB (in the past with a trait) and staff 1 are aoe skills. They may not be that useful for pve but for WvW zerging they are really good. There is a reason why power necro with wells is WvW zerg meta since release and that not only because of wells (though they are important of course).

in Necromancer

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

The necro is a fun and entertaining class to play. Now not all people feel that way or even play to have fun but to be the most competitive and make the most gold… This is a GAME not a job, not a track meet where you get real life honor and physical trophy’s that you can hold in person. Stop thinking of GAME as a real life sporting event or a job, and you’ll relax and begin to enjoy your time in game not stress over it.

Now its never fun to play a job/class that’s not doing what you want it to do and there’s always that issue. That means its time to select another class and leave the old class alone so those that do still enjoy it can do so in peace. All this screaming “you ruined necro!!!”, “The games ruined forever!!!” only makes new and good existing players leave the game forever because of all the drama your creating. Please just stop move on and leave necro to those that still enjoy if you feel its broken. Go play your overpowered meta build and leave those of us that like necro alone.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Come on, base necro has more aoes. Both LB (in the past with a trait) and staff 1 are aoe skills. They may not be that useful for pve but for WvW zerging they are really good. There is a reason why power necro with wells is WvW zerg meta since release and that not only because of wells (though they are important of course).

Yes, piercing Life Blast and Necrotic Grasp pierce, or at least LB did in the past, but Necromancer had very few high-power AoE before Reaper. Positioning made/makes getting serious AoE direct damage difficult (low dps). Almost all of Necromancer’s AoE was condition management: marks (excl. the blast finisher), most wells, Epi, CPC, Tainted Shackles, focus, war horn, off-hand dagger, scepter, etc. What, out of Necromancer’s skill set, was even remotely close to the same class as Meteor Shower or Hundred Blades? Greatsword’s auto-attack, Grave Digger, Death Spiral, and Grasping Darkness are all power-focused AoE – all on one weapon. CttB is not too bad, either, with its shorter cool down and cast time, although all shouts really prioritize sustain over power.

PvP never had to worry too much about needing 4 cleaves.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The necro is a fun and entertaining class to play. Now not all people feel that way or even play to have fun but to be the most competitive and make the most gold… This is a GAME not a job, not a track meet where you get real life honor and physical trophy’s that you can hold in person. Stop thinking of GAME as a real life sporting event or a job, and you’ll relax and begin to enjoy your time in game not stress over it.

Now its never fun to play a job/class that’s not doing what you want it to do and there’s always that issue. That means its time to select another class and leave the old class alone so those that do still enjoy it can do so in peace. All this screaming “you ruined necro!!!”, “The games ruined forever!!!” only makes new and good existing players leave the game forever because of all the drama your creating. Please just stop move on and leave necro to those that still enjoy if you feel its broken. Go play your overpowered meta build and leave those of us that like necro alone.

I don’t get your view at this whatsoever.
People enjoy necro, they really do, otherwise we would not be complaining in the first place – If we didn’t care about what’s most likely one (if not the) favorite class of most of the players in this sub, we would just move on. Instead, we want necro to be better while trying to stick true to the idea behind it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Not to mention that complaints, as long as they have valid reasoning behind them, are very important, especially for the health of a game as if there’s no complaints devs might think they do everything right when if in fact everything goes south rapidly.
Of course there’s also those who enjoy necro and being efficient at the same time, which is how every class in the game ideally should be. Necro definitely has the fun part, but efficiency?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

I agree with this. I honesty think Reaper was the “truest-to-Anet’s-word” elite spec because it just gives a different way to play Necro and it’s not a straight up buff from the core class… which is what elite specs were supposed to be anyway. Reaper takes away something we already had (DS) and replaces it with something completely different (RS), and both have advantages and disadvantages.

But what about the other elite specs? Dragonhunter got a straight-up upgrade on their Virtues. They got 3 flat out buffs – a long-range pull, an extra leap which heals a LOT, and a really long block. Straight up buffs. Did they lose anything? Nope.

Mesmer got whole new shatter added. F1 didn’t change, F2 didn’t change, F3 and F4 didn’t change… but there’s now an extra – F5…. which can even be used to reset your elite skills and any other skill. Flat out buff. Did they lose anything? Nope.
….Oh and alacrity – whole new effect (makes your skills recharge a bit quicker) when you shatter skills. Oh… and super-speed shatters. Oh… and minor trait that gives movement speed. LOL.

Druids – LOL. No comment. Cele form which is super strong and is literally a whole new class mechanic added that heals, stealths and cleanses. Nice. Not to mention the OP pets. Flat out buffs. LOL. It’s not like Ranger has this “Astral form” and now they lose Astral form and get Celestial form, sort of how Necro loses DS and gets RS. Druid had nothing but they just….. got…. a whole new transformation pasted into their disposal.

Thief? Extra dodges and dodges and dodges. 3 dodge bars – flat buff. A whole new dodge is just gifted to you.

Ele – gained 4 new abilities when you stay in an attunement for a while. Auras now heal…. Did they lose anything? No.

warrior – spammable F1s which cleanse like crazy and heal (with the regen trait). Perma stability. Did they lose anything? Nope, they just gained spammable (and in many cases stronger) F1s. Nice.

Engis – function gyro to res allies or finish stomp enemies for you – not THAT big of a buff like the others but still something just added to your tool-set.

Sorry for the salt, I just think Anet needs a good spank :P
And I do realize Reaper as a whole (traits + reaper shroud skills) can be considered as a buff to Necro, and in a way they are… but base Necro can still be good and can’t be kited as easily as Reaper – trade-off.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)