What utilities are you using for TDM?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pyromagnium.4751

Pyromagnium.4751

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I main necro and have thoroughly been enjoying Courtyard.

I was wondering what you guys switch out for CY? I’ve been subbing wurm for plague signet and spectral walk for spectral armor.

My normal build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAoYWjc0UcbjN+1wfbCchC63MAaho2Aqbjz4ZB-TpBFwACOBAOOCA12fYxhAoaZAAPAAA

I like to transfer condis, spam aoe on staff and pick off anyone who gets too close with daggers. Once my DS bar is 90%, I pop in and TS, LF followed by many, many disgusting LBs.

Should I be adding wells and taking the Focused Rituals trait over what I have currently or what?

What have your experiences been like?

The Jade Dragon returns!

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

I swap out wurm for WoP. Since it initially helps yourself, it doesn’t necessarily need focused rituals. Still a stunbreak while giving some support for you and your team against condis if you use it in a packed situation which is what courtyard consists of. Good for placing when resting someone or stomping since it can counter the condi cleave from engis and anyone else especially the poison.
Could always use epidemic as well.

Säïnt

(edited by SaintSnow.6593)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I run a power build, and when we get Courtyard, I run all wells, including the heal. The fights become zerg vs zerg in tdm, so I support my zerg, and punish them for zerging. Also Lich is perfect for tdm in a power build, as the piercing auto attack will hit multiple enemies in a zerg and the #5 works as a great team cleanse and enemy strip. And focused rituals isn’t really necessary in tdm since it’s basically two zergs clashing head to head.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I run the same power build as I do in conquest, except I play it a little differently. Once someone goes down I drop all my AOE on them in hopes to swing the fight early. I also lich much earlier since it seems I’m even more likely to be targeted first, and most people tend to run from it instead of engage a lich and 4 teammates.

But overall I feel that power necro really shines in courtyard so far. Hooray GWEN meta!

Edit: to actually answer the OP I take 2 wells and spectral armor.

(edited by Roe.3679)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

04046 – basically wvw meta build with 2x wells and plague…. this just shows that this is zerg v zerg or gvg what u call it

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

you can actually predict the outcome of most tdm matches depending on who got more GWEN on their side. Today i had:

mesmer/thief/thief/necro/engi
vs
elementalist/guardian/guardian/necro/engi

guess who won, i didn’t even need the ready up timer to run out to know it was going to be an unpleasant match for me (i was on the wrong side of it)

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I started playing my own Leman’s Cancermancer™.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAW7Yn0ISjNWeDe2A/NmAXogeBCgoNyPYCocLSDA-TJxHwACuIAn3fAwTAoYZAA

Gave people around five billion Courtyard blowouts so far – facing only two teams more ebola that won by 1 kill on timer.

Disclaimer: The circumstances that lower the effectiveness of the build include, but aren’t necessarily limited to: (1) you are bad, (2) your team is bad, (3) the enemies are 3/5 ebola or more, (4) the enemies are MLG.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I started playing my own Leman’s Cancermancer™.

I honestly don’t see how this build could be considered cheesy.
Also, Celestial Vamp Signet? If it didn’t say it was from leman I wouldn’t believe it. :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Changed wurm for spectral wall and changed spectral walk for spectral armor.
Change adept Soul Reaping trait to spectral mastery, and youre done.