Where are we at? (PvE)

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eneldiar.9670

Eneldiar.9670

So last time I played heavily was right when HoT and Halloween were around. Got my Reaper Specialization and enjoyed it quite a bit, but took a couple months break to be a fat person for the holidays.

Now that I’m coming back in, where do Reapers stand? Ive read that Scepter got buffed and condition builds are becoming more viable.

So my questions mainly boil down to this?
1. For fractals and raids, are reapers now more wanted as condition dmg than straight power dmg or is it still relatively evenly wanted?
2. Is Viper, Sinister or Zerker the better armor given where the Reaper currently stands?

I enjoy playing both a power-based GS Reaper and a Condition Reaper with Dhuumfire and Scepter and all that good stuff, so I’m just trying to figure out where things stand and move forward from there.

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Current meta build is Viper Condi using Reaper/Curses and either Death Magic (For fights with lots of adds) or Blood Magic for the utility/support.

Zerk reaper is generally just okay. Doesn’t excel at anything and is fairly inflexible, has to fight for slots against PS warriors and Heralds which is an uphill battle.

Condi is currently hard to come by so finding spots is fairly easy, with the Burnzerker nerf the 3 condi classes are fairly equal so you will probably be able to find a decent group.

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Current meta build is Viper Condi using Reaper/Curses and either Death Magic (For fights with lots of adds) or Blood Magic for the utility/support.

Zerk reaper is generally just okay. Doesn’t excel at anything and is fairly inflexible, has to fight for slots against PS warriors and Heralds which is an uphill battle.

Condi is currently hard to come by so finding spots is fairly easy, with the Burnzerker nerf the 3 condi classes are fairly equal so you will probably be able to find a decent group.

im curious what you consider the 3 condi classes? Burnzerker is absolutely done, its not viable anymore. That leaves engi and necro?

However, I think you may see condi mesmer and ranger a lot more now

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

im curious what you consider the 3 condi classes? Burnzerker is absolutely done, its not viable anymore. That leaves engi and necro?

However, I think you may see condi mesmer and ranger a lot more now

It’s a little early to say Burnzerker is done… I’ll wait a bit to draw that conclusion.

But yes Warrior, Engi, and Necro have been the “socially acceptable” condi classes. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ranger enter the meta either the extra 13% duration is a pretty big buff. I’m not sure about Mesmer, they still rely on a very poor condition.

Thief venom share was also decent but took a huge hit with the alacrity nerf so probably isn’t good anymore. It was never really meta but I think it was more capable than most people thought.

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Condi warrior is still very strong. Its just not broken anymore. The overreactions to a slight nerf are rather hilarious.

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

How is warrior burn nerfed? It was first speculated 33% burn duration would be gone but it’s still there. As far as i know, the past secondary effect of king of fire was pretty weak also. So imo, burnzerkers will still be meta (sadly).

Been making an ascended viper necro now, and Imo while a bit weaker dps as engie, it’s much more reliable (especially on vg). There’s also slightly more room for mistakes. And with possibilities like epidemic, and transfusion, the class isn’t even all that bad. Sure it isn’t straight party support, but it adds up imo.

Now to just find raids allowing viper necro.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

They nerfed scorched earth. But condi warrior overall is still strong.

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I cant get my damage to close to 50% of what I was doing before. Ive been trying for 3 hours. Im hoping im wrong, but, I dont see it

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Shouldn’t be a problem. As long as there’s at least one Chrono and a Druid in the raid group you can get Jagged Horrors to carry you to solid 30k bleed ticks

Attachments:

(edited by Aktium.9506)

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I’m not an expert but I believe the alacrity nerf also adversely affects their DPS (as in, they were more dependent on the alacrity than some other classes) But yes, they should still be viable.

Shouldn’t be a problem. As long as there’s at least one Chrono and a Druid in the raid group you can get Jagged Horrors to carry you to solid 30k bleed ticks

I love this but hate that it bugs Sabetha’s flak shot when there are too many minions

[EG] is recruiting!

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

too many minions

There’s no such thing.

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I’m not an expert but I believe the alacrity nerf also adversely affects their DPS (as in, they were more dependent on the alacrity than some other classes) But yes, they should still be viable.

Nah alacrity doesnt have as much an effect as people think. In reality the alacrity nerf probably wasnt even justified. If they felt damage was too much it would have made more sense to nerf ele and quickness. The alacrity nerf does hit high cooldown skills the most. So ele was probably hurt the most. But ele is still the best for raw damage despite that. Even more so now that fresh air got a nice buff.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/The-actual-effect-of-quickness-and-alacrity/first

Where are we at? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Nah alacrity doesnt have as much an effect as people think. In reality the alacrity nerf probably wasnt even justified. If they felt damage was too much it would have made more sense to nerf ele and quickness. The alacrity nerf does hit high cooldown skills the most. So ele was probably hurt the most. But ele is still the best for raw damage despite that. Even more so now that fresh air got a nice buff.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/The-actual-effect-of-quickness-and-alacrity/first

It’s all highly situational. Ele’s dps plummets without Quickness and alacrity. If I am running without a chrono in my squad I do more dps on necro than ele. This is because the large part of necros damage comes from stacking Lich form minions which are not effected by quickness or alacrity. Additionally a large part of our remaining damage comes from scepter AA which gains nothing from alacrity.

I don’t really think damage should be based around having a chrono in the group but maybe it should since it changes this so much.

Other classes gain no benefit at all from alacrity (rev and thief) since they have no CD’s. Should their damage be higher because of that? I don’t know. Alacrity was a rather big mistake on Anet’s part imo, it has made the game significantly more complicated to balance.