Still here due to incompetece

in Necromancer

Posted by: jpnova.4572

jpnova.4572

This thread still exists due to moderator incompetence. It’s gone off topic and will stay that way.

(edited by jpnova.4572)

in Necromancer

Posted by: tongpo.3184

tongpo.3184

Its too early to tell, but from the more experienced players, the changes don’t do anything to help Necros in any way. They only buffed Reaper’s raw output numbers, but they can’t hit anything in pvp anyways so the raw numbers don’t amount to anything tangible.

And then PVE, power reaper does better damage, but still offers no group utility. So if you want to a melee dps for just their raw output, Thief is still way better in that department.

Overall, buffs are nice, but changes nothing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I’m a returning player and used my Level 80 boost on my Necro. I still am not done unlocking all of Reaper but it’s sad to learn that Necro sucks in the meta.

I am a big fan of the Medium armor classes but I do not like where Engineer is right now. Ranger fills my greatsword fetish and leveling a thief so I can finally have a melee staff user.

Only reason I made a Necro was because I like the idea of a cloth armor class using a greatsword(Mesmer doesn’t count since they used it as a ranged weapon). However, the community kind of turned me off and I had shelved my Necro.

Now with the patch I just want to know what you the more experienced players thing of GS Necros in Power(Zerker), Condition(rabid) and Hybrid(Viper) set ups. With the Deathly Chill changes and the buff to the GS in general I’m leaning towards a Viper set up.

Enlighten me oh awesome ones.

EDIT: My concerns are for PvE and WvW only

On the flip side though I’ve read threads from folks that claim that Elementalists in general if played by some one that isn’t amazing puts out crap DPS and did so before the patch as well, so having a bunch of user friendly yet utility unfriendly DPS might still net you kills faster than mediocre players playing classes above their skill level.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

^ This is very true. I have rarely seen elem/tempests go over 50% of their realistic benchmark DPS. While bad revs/thiefs or necros usually get much closer to this amount. The amount of times I was outdps’ing the entire raid squad is pretty high. Sometimes I even did more damage then 2 temps combined, can you imagine how bad they were?

A very good temp will still deal way more damage then you ever will, but this doesn’t happen often. I don’t get close to a temps theoretical DPS either, and get way more DPS with thief or rev. But people still insist on temps for some reason.

Also, a necro can stay alive on his own extremely well, while a temp gets oneshot by nearly anything. And you gotta be alive to deal damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Methuselah.4376

Methuselah.4376

Honestly, even before buff the gs wasn’t that bad. I am currently running Marauder’s set, backpack, weapons and berserker’s + valkyrie’s rings/accessories and using GS and A/F. My damage output is very good and I have fantastic survivability. Nightfall (gs #4) is an awesome skill and now gs #3 is also fantastic. Tbh I have mained necro for nearly 4 years so I do know necro quite a bit which has put me in a bit of an adaptability rut when playing with tempest and dd cos they die so fast. I am getting the hang of DPS staff tempest but I still prefer my power reaper. At the end of the day it is your skill with the weapon that comes into play. There were many necros who reached at least gold with gs during last pvp season.

As things stand, power reaper will never have a place in raids but for the rest of the pve content (high end fractals included) I pretty much steam roll through most of the content with my gs bloodreaper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Marauder’s set, backpack, weapons and berserker’s + valkyrie’s rings/accessories and using GS and A/F. My damage output is very good

There were many necros who reached at least gold with gs during last pvp season.

Ahaa, ok.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Looks like greatsword will be part of condition necro rotation in PvE now, if it satisfies you: https://youtu.be/4xGFf92ZzS0

Other than that, Reaper’s Greatsword is rather useless.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Looks like greatsword will be part of condition necro rotation in PvE now, if it satisfies you: https://youtu.be/4xGFf92ZzS0

‘Useless’ is a subjective and highly opinionated term. Clearly you didn’t read the comment 2 steps above yours. Like he said, it’s not just about the numbers it’s about user skill. In PvE, GS is the best power weapon we have. Dagger gives sustain and the ability to kite, GS still hits harder. What’s useless is people claiming one weapon or another is superior and should/shouldn’t be used. I tend to find that most who claim a weapon is useless never even use it, which is as stupid as me sitting here saying ‘That boss only has 1k HP, he’s easy’ when in reality it hits like a truck with blanket AoEs. If you don’t like a weapon, that’s cool and respectable. But claiming your opinion as fact, that’s not and never will be.

Personally I find Condi Necro pointless and useless, but you don’t see me saying something as stupid as that now do you?

He isnt wrong though. Outside of pve (also wvw and spvp) GS is still not that great. I know that you dont care about those modes but the op also asked about WvW.

Also i am pretty sure that rym knows more about necros (and the game in general) then you do, so you shouldnt be so dismissive about what he says even if he exaggerates things.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Okami.7049

Okami.7049

‘Useless’ is a subjective and highly opinionated term. Clearly you didn’t read the comment 2 steps above yours. Like he said, it’s not just about the numbers it’s about user skill. In PvE, GS is the best power weapon we have. Dagger gives sustain and the ability to kite, GS still hits harder. What’s useless is people claiming one weapon or another is superior and should/shouldn’t be used. I tend to find that most who claim a weapon is useless never even use it, which is as stupid as me sitting here saying ‘That boss only has 1k HP, he’s easy’ when in reality it hits like a truck with blanket AoEs. If you don’t like a weapon, that’s cool and respectable. But claiming your opinion as fact, that’s not and never will be.

Personally I find Condi Necro pointless and useless, but you don’t see me saying something as stupid as that now do you?

He isnt wrong though. Outside of pve (also wvw and spvp) GS is still not that great. I know that you dont care about those modes but the op also asked about WvW.

Also i am pretty sure that rym knows more about necros (and the game in general) then you do, so you shouldnt be so dismissive about what he says even if he exaggerates things.

So, I can’t be dismissive but someone who’s had the luxury of playing (what you assume to be) longer than me can? I don’t care how long someone’s played, it still doesn’t make their opinion fact. Also, he stated nothing in regards to WvW he clearly stated he was talking about PvE (not the OP, talking about Rym). Unless you can tell me exactly what my knowledge on the Necro is, don’t assume it’s lower than someone else’s. That’s both arrogant and flat out elitist. Dismissing someone who’s being dismissive, yeah your reply was ‘useless’ as Rym would put it.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

in Necromancer

Methuselah.4376

Marauder’s set, backpack, weapons and berserker’s + valkyrie’s rings/accessories and using GS and A/F. My damage output is very good

There were many necros who reached at least gold with gs during last pvp season.

Ahaa, ok.

If this was meant to be derogatory, I’m afraid I am missing the reason behind it. Many necros posted here and on reddit on how they have reached gold tier with GS during last season.
And just cause my build isn’t pure omg-zerk-max-damage-only does not mean it is not viable as a power set nor does it mean it deals sub par damage. Not everyone needs to be geared up as if they’re raiding all the time.

And to continue with the rest of the comments, saying greatsword is useless is simply ignorant. Greatsword on necro will always be a slow weapon but that does NOT make it useless. That is the theme they were going for: slow but hard hitting. True, in PvP your enemy will have interrupted you, dodged, evaded, danced, made coffee etc. before you land a hit….if you just mash buttons that is, but if you play smartly you can make those hits count. And none of these issues are really present in general PvE, not even T4 fractals (which I always use my power Reaper for).

People keep making comparisons to top DPS classes and say how necro is useless cause it doesn’t offer so much damage nor so much party support. Well I am sorry then, don’t play necro. That is NOT what necro is about. Necro is about self sustaining and weakening the target, dealing good damage (just because it doesn’t 1 shot everything doesn’t mean that the damage is then by definition bad) and staying alive to deal that damage continuously. It is true that the profession’s strengths tend to be undermined in PvP and raids…but Guild Wars 2 is not just about PvP, not just about freaking raids. Would I like the profession to be OP? Yes, I would. Am I unhappy with necro being as it is? Not even close as I enjoy it tremendously.

(edited by Methuselah.4376)

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Ahaa, ok.

If this was meant to be derogatory, I’m afraid I am missing the reason behind it. Many necros posted here and on reddit on how they have reached gold tier with GS during last season.
And just cause my build isn’t pure omg-zerk-max-damage-only does not mean it is not viable as a power set nor does it mean it deals sub par damage. Not everyone needs to be geared up as if they’re raiding all the time.

And to continue with the rest of the comments, saying greatsword is useless is simply ignorant. Greatsword on necro will always be a slow weapon but that does NOT make it useless. That is the theme they were going for: slow but hard hitting. True, in PvP your enemy will have interrupted you, dodged, evaded, danced, made coffee etc. before you land a hit….if you just mash buttons that is, but if you play smartly you can make those hits count. And none of these issues are really present in general PvE, not even T4 fractals (which I always use my power Reaper for).

People keep making comparisons to top DPS classes and say how necro is useless cause it doesn’t offer so much damage nor so much party support. Well I am sorry then, don’t play necro. That is NOT what necro is about. Necro is about self sustaining and weakening the target, dealing good damage (just because it doesn’t 1 shot everything doesn’t mean that the damage is then by definition bad) and staying alive to deal that damage continuously. It is true that the profession’s strengths tend to be undermined in PvP and raids…but Guild Wars 2 is not just about PvP, not just about freaking raids. Would I like the profession to be OP? Yes, I would. Am I unhappy with necro being as it is? Not even close as I enjoy it tremendously.

High Fives Well said and I tip my scythe to you. I have a question, though. You said you run Marauders, right? How does that fair with the reduced Ferocity? I run Zerker/Zerker/Zerkerie (Zerker + Valk) with Scholar Runes, I’m just curious as to how Marauder is working for you. Seems pretty interesting to me, and I’m always looking to learn something new.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

So, I can’t be dismissive but someone who’s had the luxury of playing (what you assume to be) longer than me can? I don’t care how long someone’s played, it still doesn’t make their opinion fact. Also, he stated nothing in regards to WvW he clearly stated he was talking about PvE (not the OP, talking about Rym). Unless you can tell me exactly what my knowledge on the Necro is, don’t assume it’s lower than someone else’s. That’s both arrogant and flat out elitist. Dismissing someone who’s being dismissive, yeah your reply was ‘useless’ as Rym would put it.

Utter rubbish. You’re missing the point which is that necro GS is a weapon that does poor damage and isn’t on par with condition builds, which by the way are already quite low on damage compared to that of other dps-oriented professions. Opinions like yours are the reason why it’s been so difficult to balance necro in the past – you simply lack the perspective to comprehend the intricacies of this game and you aren’t even close to realising that.

Attachments:

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in Necromancer

Methuselah.4376

Ahaa, ok.

High Fives Well said and I tip my scythe to you. I have a question, though. You said you run Marauders, right? How does that fair with the reduced Ferocity? I run Zerker/Zerker/Zerkerie (Zerker + Valk) with Scholar Runes, I’m just curious as to how Marauder is working for you. Seems pretty interesting to me, and I’m always looking to learn something new.

I find it runs very well. The Ferocity is not completely lost due to my Berserk + Valkyrie’s rings and accessories. Crits do slightly less damage, but you do crit much more often which means that sigil of air gets proced that much more often as well. Full berserker’s would be more ideal if you’re constantly buffed by other professions to 50% crit and then Decimate Defences, but my set up allows for more solo crit power (base crit being over 50% with my set up). And ofc, with the recent added Ferocity in RS, it all makes a nice addition

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Ahaa, ok.

I find it runs very well. The Ferocity is not completely lost due to my Berserk + Valkyrie’s rings and accessories. Crits do slightly less damage, but you do crit much more often which means that sigil of air gets proced that much more often as well. Full berserker’s would be more ideal if you’re constantly buffed by other professions to 50% crit and then Decimate Defences, but my set up allows for more solo crit power (base crit being over 50% with my set up). And ofc, with the recent added Ferocity in RS, it all makes a nice addition

Interesting, I’ll have to give it a go then. TOTALLY forgot about that new buff to Reaper’s Onslaught, awesome point. Are you able to solo, say, HoT Hero Point Champs?

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Well my assumptions come from your posts in this very forum. You are right it doesnt matter how long someone plays and maybe i am wrong about you knowledge but if you have recent posts, where you clearly show your lack of knowledge about this profession (as example take the lifesteal scaling discussion), it makes it hard to take you more serious then someone like rym.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Well my assumptions come from your posts in this very forum. You are right it doesnt matter how long someone plays and maybe i am wrong about you knowledge but if you have recent posts, where you clearly show your lack of knowledge about this profession (as example take the lifesteal scaling discussion), it makes it hard to take you more serious then someone like rym.

There’s a difference between not know and wanting verification. Like I said in that one post, the most recent discussion on that specific topic was years old and I wanted to double check to see if anything’s changed since when that post was made, compared to today. That’s not only for me, I made that post for others (specifically newbies) who may be wondering the same thing. Asking questions doesn’t mean lack of knowledge, like I said on here with someone else: I like learning new things and gathering the opinions of others, only the arrogant quit seeking knowledge. I’ve asked questions I already knew the answer to just to see how other people think about a specific topic, because differing opinions also open up different options and possibilities.

Plus there is this thing called wanting to simply make conversation, socialize and whatnot about a class I love and adore. I’m not an Elitist, I have no problem chatting it up with some people regardless of the topic. It’s better to ask questions than make assumptions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

I still think necro lacks alot in mobility and speed atack. Its so hard to land hits and against thief for ex. They strip u off ur stability and kitten you inside RS and outside. If someone has a build that think ota the ultimate one for roaming in wvw and surviving thiefs amd outnumbered fights against decent opponents be my guest to link it because i havent found it yet.

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Go back and relearn what Necros are about. The fact you tried comparing it to DPS-based Professions is enough for me to dismiss you.

I am not sure if you do know what necros are about if you dismiss its condi based builds. I am not sure if you have realised it but necros are actually the profession with the most conditions.

Also there is nothing wrong to compare necros with “dps-based” professions because every profession in this game is supposed to fill the dps role (see Anets idea of “abolishing” the holy trinity). Well that doesnt mean that Anets gets the balance 100% right though (which may even be impossible). But i am sure that thier goal is compareble dps accross all professions.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Go back and relearn what Necros are about. The fact you tried comparing it to DPS-based Professions is enough for me to dismiss you.

I am not sure if you do know what necros are about if you dismiss its condi based builds. I am not sure if you have realised it but necros are actually the profession with the most conditions.

Also there is nothing wrong to compare necros with “dps-based” professions because every profession in this game is supposed to fill the dps role (see Anets idea of “abolishing” the holy trinity). Well that doesnt mean that Anets gets the balance 100% right though (which may even be impossible). But i am sure that thier goal is compareble dps accross all professions.

So now you want to nit-pick? If you actually read the whole of that conversation, it was aimed as a retort to someone who was, for lack of a better word, being a complete donkey. I also fail to see Guardian, Revenant, Mesmer and even Thieves (from what I’ve read on the forums) failing to meet the DPS role requirements, so regardless of ANET’s original intentions they’ve pretty much fallen back on the usual ‘DPS/TANK/SUPPORT’ formula of every other MMO. My point about Condis was completely rhetorical, stating I can easily find fault and reasoning against Condi and how it sucks if I really wanted to be that negative nobody.

Necros are about self-sustain/survivability. We are selfish, everything we do is to benefit ourselves first, allies second (if at all). We can summon an army of Minions to draw aggro and attack while defending us. We can actively lifesteal while granting allies a lesser bit of our lifesteal. We can hop into Shroud to escape death, mitigating 50% of whatever incoming damage. We’re adaptable, we’re diverse, and as such we should never be as DPS oriented as Warrior (or Thief). If we ever are, we will have to sacrifice our sustain/survivability. Necromancers are about seizing control over Death, and in every other MMO they’ve never been top DPS, if anything mediocre at best. Most of our power comes when the enemy hits that 50% health mark, from there it’s just sealing the deal. There’s already a thread about how to ‘better’ Necro and whatnot so no need to go on about that here.

Point is, most of the people whining and complaining are either doing so from a PvP perspective, or a WvW one. Raids are not nearly as viable of an argument when Fractals yield better rewards and really anyone can group up to complete them. Necro is not Thief, it is not meant to insta-kill whatever and it’s not Warrior where they rely on kill-or-be-killed tactics. Necros are about taking control of a fight, holding the enemy’s fate in their own hands without a worry about themselves. A good Necro can take a GS, Axe, whatever and do a thousand times better than the arrogant ones strutting about thinking Scepter/Dagger will carry them to victory.

I’ve made my point, if you’re just going to nit-pick through tiny smidgens of my conversations then butt-out. Ignoring a conversation only to twist words is both unproductive and a sad display of pulling straws.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

New raid rule: To encourage profession diversity, only 1 duplicate profession may be taken. Meaning all 9 professions must be brought with 1 dupe. There we go, raid balance fixed.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

New raid rule: To encourage profession diversity, only 1 duplicate profession may be taken. Meaning all 9 professions must be brought with 1 dupe. There we go, raid balance fixed.

Sounds good to me, actually. I don’t know why no one’s mentioned this before.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Sounds good to me, actually. I don’t know why no one’s mentioned this before.

I’d just lower the cap to 9 players for simplicity, too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

@Okami,
If you talking about wvw/pvp you are clearly over your head.

Dagger>>>>>>>GS
Simply because dagger dish out dmg quickly and can easly dis out more dmg auto attacking while GS auto attack finish. GD and Nightfall are not in the equation since they are so easy to dodge and avoid. Plain and simple. GS is about the burst not about the DPS it is not DPS weapon in pvp.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

@Okami,

Dagger>>>>>>>GS
Simply because dagger dish out dmg quickly and can easly dis out more dmg auto attacking while GS auto attack finish. GD and Nightfall are not in the equation since they are so easy to dodge and avoid. Plain and simple. GS is about the burst not about the DPS it is not DPS weapon in pvp.

Nope, anyone who knows me (by my many posts where I’ve already stated this) I’m strictly PvE. PvP and WvW don’t get along with me to put it super nicely, especially since 90% of all Necro complaints simply come from those sectors. Means nothing to me and changes nothing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

We don’t need to be top dps but to have a spot in a minmaxed raid we should have something to add to the table.

I’ve suggested a condi that increase by 10% the critical damage taken to add in reaper’s onslaught, applied critting while in shroud, and they added a personal ferocity buff. (good selfish buff)

I also have suggested a condi that give double value to vulnerability for rending shroud, while in shroud.. I hope they make that change.

If we can’t do top dps and can’t have unique buff why can’t add unique condi in a trait related to the class mechanic?

(edited by Vitali.5039)

in Necromancer

Methuselah.4376

Interesting, I’ll have to give it a go then. TOTALLY forgot about that new buff to Reaper’s Onslaught, awesome point. Are you able to solo, say, HoT Hero Point Champs?[/quote]

I can’t tell you that as when I did them over a year ago I was still in kittenty amour that was all over the place. Having said that, I still managed to solo quite a bit of them so I imagine with smart use of dodges you can solo most of them. Though not the likes of Guano ofc

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

@Okami,

Dagger>>>>>>>GS

If someone is dying to dagger in pvp, they are trash. Also GD and nightfall cant be avoided at the end of a dodge.

Just because YOU might suck, doesn’t mean every necro does. I kill plenty of people just fine with GS. Only a blind immobile monkey will die to daggers pitiful dps.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Interesting, I’ll have to give it a go then. TOTALLY forgot about that new buff to Reaper’s Onslaught, awesome point. Are you able to solo, say, HoT Hero Point Champs?

I can’t tell you that as when I did them over a year ago I was still in kittenty amour that was all over the place. Having said that, I still managed to solo quite a bit of them so I imagine with smart use of dodges you can solo most of them. Though not the likes of Guano ofc[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for sharing by the way I’ll be giving it a go tomorrow. Good luck and have fun my friend!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The problem with necro is that it’s strengths are all in things that are irrelevant. PvE places no value on large EHP because the amount of EHP required to survive is marginal.
Moreover we are low mobility and low DPS which makes us one of the most arduous classes to play in Open World.

Necro is a fun class to play up until you play something else and realize how much better literally every other class is in every type of content.

We are not good in PvP.
We are not good in WvW roaming
We are not good in Raids
We are good in backline WvW zergs.
We are the least time efficient class in Open World.

I’m sick and tired of every other class being able to do more with their AAs than my necro can do with the entire skill bar.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

The problem with necro is that it’s strengths are all in things that are irrelevant. PvE places no value on large EHP because the amount of EHP required to survive is marginal.
Moreover we are low mobility and low DPS which makes us one of the most arduous classes to play in Open World.

Necro is a fun class to play up until you play something else and realize how much better literally every other class is in every type of content.

We are not good in PvP.
We are not good in WvW roaming
We are not good in Raids
We are good in backline WvW zergs.
We are the least time efficient class in Open World.

I’m sick and tired of every other class being able to do more with their AAs than my necro can do with the entire skill bar.

Your PvE may not place any value on it, but mine and the good people I run with say otherwise. All of your reasons for why it’s ‘not good’ is subjective, only viable pertaining to specific types of players. Most won’t care, because most know how to play a game instead of trying to act like they’re some kind of ‘pro’ player. I have played other classes, and they flat out suck. Dull, boring, nothing special about them to me. Thieves only have slightly more Ferocity than Necros, Warriors are so overused I won’t touch them with a ten-foot spear. Guardians are your typical ‘holy templar tank’ themed class, Elementalist is your typical Mage. Mesmer was interesting until I found out it was just ‘viable’ as a support. Engi never interested me. Revenant is worse than Necro. These are my opinions on the other classes. If you pay attention, you’ll find out that not every class is automatically better than Necro, because (shocker) every class has a different playstyle.

Raids are irrelevant when Fractals yield better rewards (from what I’m told) while being open to far more classes than Raids. As far as Open World efficiency, I have a far better time with Necro than Rev or Thief by far. All while having fun doing so. The best way to ruin Necro is to just buff its damage and make it another generic DPS class like so many kids want. Its damage is fine for the role it’s supposed to fill, what it needs is updated Traits and Profession Mechanic (Shroud). But everyone just wants to press 1 and one-shot things, which is the Assassin’s job.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Raids are irrelevant when Fractals yield better rewards (from what I’m told) while being open to far more classes than Raids.

Raids are another aspect of the game and even if were less rewarding than fractals are funny and we should be accepted with our class.

After the jadded horror’s nerf only with my guild i’ve been able to play raids with a necro without beign forced to swap class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

jpnova.4572

Where is GS Necro now?

GS Necro is lying on the floor, taking a kicking from all the other classes. Still.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikikira.1574

Mikikira.1574

jpnova.4572

Where is GS Necro now?

GS Necro is lying on the floor, taking a kicking from all the other classes. Still.

That’s funny, mine’s a GS/Staff chill/condimancer, and I’m soloing champs all day. Kicking out 3~4k crits in AA, while dishing out 14~16k condi damage to boot.

Xeon E7 8890v4|EVGA GTX 1080 FTW HydroCopper |Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD|Asus PG348Q display

WvW Roamin for days!

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

So now you want to nit-pick? If you actually read the whole of that conversation, it was aimed as a retort to someone who was, for lack of a better word, being a complete donkey. I also fail to see Guardian, Revenant, Mesmer and even Thieves (from what I’ve read on the forums) failing to meet the DPS role requirements, so regardless of ANET’s original intentions they’ve pretty much fallen back on the usual ‘DPS/TANK/SUPPORT’ formula of every other MMO. My point about Condis was completely rhetorical, stating I can easily find fault and reasoning against Condi and how it sucks if I really wanted to be that negative nobody.

Necros are about self-sustain/survivability. We are selfish, everything we do is to benefit ourselves first, allies second (if at all). We can summon an army of Minions to draw aggro and attack while defending us. We can actively lifesteal while granting allies a lesser bit of our lifesteal. We can hop into Shroud to escape death, mitigating 50% of whatever incoming damage. We’re adaptable, we’re diverse, and as such we should never be as DPS oriented as Warrior (or Thief). If we ever are, we will have to sacrifice our sustain/survivability. Necromancers are about seizing control over Death, and in every other MMO they’ve never been top DPS, if anything mediocre at best. Most of our power comes when the enemy hits that 50% health mark, from there it’s just sealing the deal. There’s already a thread about how to ‘better’ Necro and whatnot so no need to go on about that here.

Point is, most of the people whining and complaining are either doing so from a PvP perspective, or a WvW one. Raids are not nearly as viable of an argument when Fractals yield better rewards and really anyone can group up to complete them. Necro is not Thief, it is not meant to insta-kill whatever and it’s not Warrior where they rely on kill-or-be-killed tactics. Necros are about taking control of a fight, holding the enemy’s fate in their own hands without a worry about themselves. A good Necro can take a GS, Axe, whatever and do a thousand times better than the arrogant ones strutting about thinking Scepter/Dagger will carry them to victory.

I’ve made my point, if you’re just going to nit-pick through tiny smidgens of my conversations then butt-out. Ignoring a conversation only to twist words is both unproductive and a sad display of pulling straws.

Sorry i wont pull out of a discussion just because you said so. I may not be the best player and for gods sake i have run some kitten builds just for fun with this profession. But i am confident that i know how this profession works by now. So there is no need to tell me what this profession is all about.

But i have to say you did a good job. I have been on this forum since the beginning of the game but there was never a poster that annoyed me of as much as you did. Infact you are the only one…

Also your point isnt an argument, its is simply your opinion. Not to mention that i dont think that raids have worse rewards then fractals. Afterall legendary armor is still a thing.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Sorry i wont pull out of a discussion just because you said so. I may not be the best player and for gods sake i have run some kitten builds just for fun with this profession. But i am confident that i know how this profession works by now. So there is no need to tell me what this profession is all about.

But i have to say you did a good job. I have been on this forum since the beginning of the game but there was never a poster that annoyed me of as much as you did. Infact you are the only one…

Also your point isnt an argument, its is simply your opinion. Not to mention that i dont think that raids have worse rewards then fractals. Afterall legendary armor is still a thing.

If you don’t want me to tell you all of that, then don’t ask for it. Simple. You asked, I answered. Ever heard the saying ‘Be careful what you wish for’? That conversation wasn’t even between you and me to begin with, and you clearly only picked at it because you have nothing else to pick at, which in and of itself is annoying and a waste of both of our time.

Sad part is, I’ve only ever addressed you in replies, I never went out of my way to start something up with you the same way you’ve done with me. So if you don’t like talking with me, you could do the easiest of things and simply not reply to me. Not hard to just gloss over and ignore me, it both keeps the peace and avoids unnecessary drama.

“Your point isn’t an argument, it’s simply your opinion.” Yeah, I know, and never once did I go around saying one weapon is inferior or superior to another or that Power is superior to Condi and vice versa. My replies have been replies, which means they’ve been a flat out expression of my opinion (usually thinly laced with salt at the meta worshipers going around actually trying to pass their opinions off as fact).

Legendary Weapons (haven’t checked Armor because I’m not interested in it at the moment) themselves can simply be purchased for gold. You don’t even have to craft them like you do Ascended gear. Run Fractals, save up gold, boom done. Not as rewarding as crafting, and not as quick I would assume but still a viable option. If they were crafting-only then Raids would be slightly viable in my book, but still hardly since Legendaries are just special skins anyways.

Now if I annoy you so badly, this would be a wise time to part ways. The feeling’s only one-way, every day is a new day and every topic yields different opinions. Just because we don’t see eye to eye on a few things doesn’t mean we have to resort to conflict. So we can either just end this peacefully or keep dragging this out. Either way I’ll be in game, having fun. Have fun friend

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Raids are irrelevant when Fractals yield better rewards (from what I’m told) while being open to far more classes than Raids.

Raids are another aspect of the game and even if were less rewarding than fractals are funny and we should be accepted with our class.

After the jadded horror’s nerf only with my guild i’ve been able to play raids with a necro without beign forced to swap class.

Oh I agree, we should be accepted regardless of our class. Lahmia suggested a great way to ‘force’ all classes to be accepted in Raids without really changing anything.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Oh I agree, we should be accepted regardless of our class. Lahmia suggested a great way to ‘force’ all classes to be accepted in Raids without really changing anything.

Check out the raid subforum. I posted the suggestion and it caused a right upheaval.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

I don’t know about you guys, but the nightfall change DESTROYS stab/resistance stacking builds in pvp. I wreck resistance warriors right now. Heck anyone that uses any sustained boons at all it does a pretty good job wrecking.

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

That’s not a solution. That’s a “lets shove the issue under the rug and nope nobody notices”

It also screws over guilds big time because a lot of guilds do not have raid ready players for every class. You end up with a lot of “We can’t raid today because our Xclass player isn’t online”

YouTube

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Check out the raid subforum. I posted the suggestion and it caused a right upheaval.

Honestly, I might not lol I personally wouldn’t want to get dragged into the drama. I bet those against it are the ones who just speaking out for selfish reasons instead of caring about the game as a whole. Either way, your idea is a good one in my book and you have my support.

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

Honestly, I might not lol I personally wouldn’t want to get dragged into the drama. I bet those against it are the ones who just speaking out for selfish reasons instead of caring about the game as a whole. Either way, your idea is a good one in my book and you have my support.

So basically you are making zero effort to understand the opposition and are just throwing around straw mans.

If you are going to engage in a argument you should bother to understand the opposing side lest you being arguing from ignorance which is what you are doing now.

YouTube

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

That’s not a solution. That’s a “lets shove the issue under the rug and nope nobody notices”

It also screws over guilds big time because a lot of guilds do not have raid ready players for every class. You end up with a lot of “We can’t raid today because our Xclass player isn’t online”

There are 9 classes total, don’t most Guilds typically have more than 9 players? It’s also not a big deal to ask in chat for a specific class. Doing nothing is also shoving the issue under the rug and hoping nobody notices, which is arguably worse. This solution at least allows diversity and eliminates the segregatory problem. What is everyone going to do if/when Warriors get nerfed into the ground for being ‘top’ pick? Besides whine and complain of course.

It’s also not hard to make a ‘raid only’ Guild. If anything that helps Guilds with organization and ‘raid only’ means everyone in that Guild will be raid-ready. It’s sounding more and more like people are too lazy to accept change instead of actually wanting to better the game, not just with this but with everything in general lately. It’s either ‘my way’ or ‘no way’, which is pretty sad.

What would you recommend then, instead of Lahmia’s suggestion?

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

So basically you are making zero effort to understand the opposition and are just throwing around straw mans.

If you are going to engage in a argument you should bother to understand the opposing side lest you being arguing from ignorance which is what you are doing now.

First off: if you’re looking for drama go find it elsewhere. Secondly: not once did I engage in any argument. I said I support him, that’s that. You are the very reason why I’m staying away from that thread, because it’s both in upheaval (as Lahmia said) and people like you go around trying to start pointless fights because you have nothing better to do. Where did I say I didn’t care about the opposition, or that the opposition is wrong and Lahmia’s idea should be implemented factually? Hmm? The only one strawmanning here is you, looking for some childish fight over literally nothing important. Either get over yourself or move along, I’m not letting someone like you attempt to ruin my day.

So basically, grow up and find a better source of entertainment.

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

There are 9 classes total, don’t most Guilds typically have more than 9 players? It’s also not a big deal to ask in chat for a specific class. Doing nothing is also shoving the issue under the rug and hoping nobody notices, which is arguably worse. This solution at least allows diversity and eliminates the segregatory problem. What is everyone going to do if/when Warriors get nerfed into the ground for being ‘top’ pick? Besides whine and complain of course.

Whats the point of diversity? To be inclusive yes?
But if you’ve created a rule that says all comps must use a fixed class then guilds must start excluding existing players simply because they already have that class slot.

Raid guilds build their comps around the players they have. For instance my guild doesn’t have any engis or thieves so we don’t use such comps even though condi engi would be good in w4. However with your rule we would have to drop two of a our existing players in order to bring in other people all to fulfill a arbitrary rule.

It’s sounding more and more like people are too lazy to accept change instead of actually wanting to better the game, not just with this but with everything in general lately. It’s either ‘my way’ or ‘no way’, which is pretty sad.

People want to being able to build teams based on merit, not arbitrary rules. Raid comps are done the way they done because it’s the best way for both the guild.

That underperforming classes be buffed to where they can stand on their own merit,

Lahmia’s suggestion is literally GW2 version of affirmative action.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Whats the point of diversity? To be inclusive yes?
But if you’ve created a rule that says all comps must use a fixed class then guilds must start excluding existing players simply because they already have that class slot.

Raid guilds build their comps around the players they have. For instance my guild doesn’t have any engis or thieves so we don’t use such comps even though condi engi would be good in w4. However with your rule we would have to drop two of a our existing players in order to bring in other people all to fulfill a arbitrary rule.

It’s sounding more and more like people are too lazy to accept change instead of actually wanting to better the game, not just with this but with everything in general lately. It’s either ‘my way’ or ‘no way’, which is pretty sad.

People want to being able to build teams based on merit, not arbitrary rules. Raid comps are done the way they done because it’s the best way for both the guild.

That underperforming classes be buffed to where they can stand on their own merit,

Lahmia’s suggestion is literally GW2 version of affirmative action.

I both see and don’t see your point on the first one. I see how people would be excluded because a class slot would be filled, but at the same time wouldn’t that simply mean to form a second raid team? This is assuming a Guild is big enough to have multiples of each class, by the way, and wouldn’t the more ‘hardcore’ players have a character for each class anyways?

I see what you mean with your personal Guild example, not having at least one of each class in your Guild could make things very difficult. How difficult would you think it’d be to find specific classes in the recruitment sector? I know trying to find something specific is typically harder to find than something generic (speaking about the general life principal here).

I don’t think simply buffing classes is going to be enough, some classes need completely updated Traits/Skills and even (for example) Profession Abilities such as Necro’s Shroud. That’s a lot more work, I’d assume, than just increasing some numbers. Not just talking about Necro here either, Revenant (for example) is the worst class in my opinion thanks to it being clunky, unfinished and the fact that everything it can do, every other class can do better. Maybe instead of forcing raid groups to adopt one of every class with only one duplicate, allow up to two duplicates of each class. That essentially means you’d only need 5 classes, which means you’ve got 4 spots covered with Warrior and Mesmer alone. I see the issues limiting raid groups to only a certain number of the same class possesses, but to me following a specific composition every single time contradicts what ANET intended the game to be like (and no it’s not the player’s fault, it’s ANETs for not keeping to their original goal) which was for every class to be viable for every playstyle (at least that’s how I remember it way back when).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

@Okami,

Dagger>>>>>>>GS

If someone is dying to dagger in pvp, they are trash. Also GD and nightfall cant be avoided at the end of a dodge.

Just because YOU might suck, doesn’t mean every necro does. I kill plenty of people just fine with GS. Only a blind immobile monkey will die to daggers pitiful dps.

It is almost like you talking about GS but instead of saying GS you saying daggers..

But kudos being the 10% of the Necro pvp community who think GS is effective.

Also kudos of being the 1% of the entire guildwars2 playerbase who think all ppl are stupid enough to dodge the moment you using GD.

Would use your comment as signature but nah I am really nice person.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

@Okami,

Dagger>>>>>>>GS

It is almost like you talking about GS but instead of saying GS you saying daggers..

Also kudos of being the 1% of the entire guildwars2 playerbase who think all ppl are stupid enough to dodge the moment you using GD.

Yeah I was somewhat vexed by his comment. GD is still hilariously easy to dodge. Hell you don’t even have to dodge, just walk out of its range. The buff changed nothing. Nightfall can also be kited quite easily, since it pulses every 2 seconds. Funny he says about Immobile monkeys considering dagger has a very powerful immobile on #3.
I tried using Greatsword on my power wells build for Wvw, but it still felt vastly inferior to dagger/warhorn.

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

GS was probably intended as a pve weapon, I mean something that slow with the need for close range on an already immobile class was never going to work very well in pvp

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

GS was probably intended as a pve weapon, I mean something that slow with the need for close range on an already immobile class was never going to work very well in pvp

It was pretty much designed to fill the gap of “pve melee cleave weapon” that necro lacked.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

@Okami,

Dagger>>>>>>>GS

I’m confused and am going to assume you were talking to Draco on that one (confused because I was quoted as well yet your comment sounded like it was directed at him, especially since you mentioned PvP).