Where's ours mang?

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Ranger: healing spring cures conditions on a 30 second cd
Thief: signet of agility cures conditions on a 30 second cd
Ele: Cleansing fire cures 3 conditions on a 40 second cd
Mesmer: Phantasmal disenchanter cures conditions on a 20 second cd.
Engi: Elixer C cures conditions on a 40/30 second cd. (even flipping to boons)
Guardian: Smite condition cures on a 20 second cd.

I didnt really have to say anything for guardian. All these utilities are the ones that recharge the fastest but every prof has more than 1 condition removal mechanic. This is also aside from their stability, blocks, invulnerability, etc.

My question is… Who is weak against conditions? Necro’s are obviously week vs stuns and and hard cc, so who is gonna take the kitten vs all the conditions and just have little to no option of guarding against it? All other classes not only have decent condition removal but also have stun-breakers and stability (lasting more than 3 seconds…).

Is it because no other class does as much damage as necro’s? Doubtful. I don’t believe that for one second. Over time? Not really unless you are running the OP dumbfire build which I can only assume is getting nerfed pretty soon. But that IMO is just considered burst not attrition.

SO whats the deal? Wheres the proffession thats just junk when conditions start to get slapped on them (outisde of terror bs). And even then they have a chance. I don’t know why but it seems so mismanaged and unbalanced. Like “only 2 days left till new patch release we all done.. oh wait forgot necro’s. Blow them up with more conditions we’ll just nerf em next time… okay back to business”

lol idk man. Just seems dodgy as hell. I really don’t get it. So either we are forced to take a stomping to the face vs chain stuns or we just completely OP like every other necro and ugh..

where’s our 30 second stun breaker? lol
I don’t even want stability now. That’s too much to ask for i see that now. Just a 30 second stun breaker yo. All it is. But meh i don’t even know why I spend so much time. GG yalls i still love ya. still love necros just gotta take that beating when the stun come rolling in.

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

Posted by: JohnCrow.7482

JohnCrow.7482

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon_Flesh_Wurm

Sacrifices!

I think this should work the other way around….Flesh wurm appears were ever you Necrotic Traverse to causing a poison explosion (make the spawning animation take 1 second).

Maybe scrap it – summon a flesh wurm to eat you and take you somewhere else and you explode out of his belly at the target location causing a poison cloud.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO1x632BzSQ

Frequent devil’s advocate.

(edited by JohnCrow.7482)

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

What’s the deal? Look again at how many conditions each of those cleanse. The number is hugely important, since necros without even trying stack 4+ conditions on in just a couple seconds if they are doing a condition build.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Like Drarnor said, it is up to how many they can cleanse. Necros can apply, in the dumbfire build, burning, bleeding, chill, poison, cripple, weakness, and fear in one bleed rotation. A rotation that is up every 20 seconds, and can deal massive damage if you don’t get those conditions off you. Plus if you do it right, the bleeds (the real damage) are the furthest condition in, meaning you have to cleanse 6 conditions before you remove the important damage.

Oh btw, cute healing skills. Now try to use them while fear-locked.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Like Drarnor said, it is up to how many they can cleanse. Necros can apply, in the dumbfire build, burning, bleeding, chill, poison, cripple, weakness, and fear in one bleed rotation. A rotation that is up every 20 seconds, and can deal massive damage if you don’t get those conditions off you. Plus if you do it right, the bleeds (the real damage) are the furthest condition in, meaning you have to cleanse 6 conditions before you remove the important damage.

Oh btw, cute healing skills. Now try to use them while fear-locked.

try to do anything as a necromancer when there’s more than one person cc’ing. plague form is not worth it for the stability. 180 second cooldown? funny joke.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

try to do anything as a necromancer when there’s more than one person cc’ing. plague form is not worth it for the stability. 180 second cooldown? funny joke.

Bring a stun break, use your two dodges, you also have up to three fears, chills, cripples, possibly a swiftness, and I’m assuming your team isn’t braindead and knows how to help peel for you. Worst case scenario you only down one person and take everyone else’s HP down 20% before you get downed yourself.

Oh, and if multiple people are CCing you, then they have 2 or more people doing no damage to the team, while your team is completely free to do whatever they want. Does it mean you get to do a lot besides try to survive? No, which is the point of focusing someone, you shouldn’t be able to ignore CC and also have the damage output to kill entire teams on your own.

My PvP Minion Build

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Least dodge’s, no block/invul/avoid any sized dam. 30 Trait points, to get 3 sec stability, CC destroys us worse than others as our defense is ‘aggressive’ meaning we have to activity attack. Single target fear is our only downed defense. So were worst at attrition, excluding as a pure glass cannon, we last a bit longer than others pure glass builds.
Everyone can build a Condi counter build. (We can’t really build a CC counter build).

I think this is why soo many necro’s stick up for DumbFire, even tho it’s bad in soo many ways. With burning & Torment, we can ‘counter the counter build’ with ‘burst condi’s and too many to quickly cleanse’.

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I never run Dhuumbfire. I actually run a 0/30/0/20/20 build. Even so, my condition rotation applies bleed, poison, weakness, cripple, chill, and torment in the space of about 4 seconds (and all but the Torment are accompanied by more bleeds). Sometimes I’ll pop a fear to force them to eat it outside of Contemplation of Purity/Plague Signet. Even without the fear, if they cleanse three conditions (which is what most of the condition removal skills do, or less), they are still typically left with the bleeds, poison, and more stacks of torment (depending on if tainted shackles runs its course). Outside of necros and Guardians, everyone has issues with that kind of condition loading. Heck, by popping a single utility skill (Signet of Spite), we can overload all but total condition cleanses.

So the prevelance of condition cleanses on short cooldowns is actually not that big of an issue for condition necros as they can reliably apply five or six conditions on a shorter cooldown.

However, for those cases where they do have total cleanses, it’s easy to spread out the rotation and get a similar effect. By slowing down your assault, you actually get to be more effective in these cases.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Please post your build so we can help. Necromancer can stack conditions faster than any job can remove them with either axe or scepter and transfer conditions just as fast with other weapons. Most in PvP opt for a power CC build with at least one stun-breaker. In the right team, or against the right team, a condition damage build is devestating causing whiners to post accusations about Necromancer being OP. Keeping chill and poison on an opponent practically guarantees a teammate can gank him.

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

I’ve already said that a dumbfire/terror build is the exception to condition stacking of which I and many of yourselves have said will most likely be getting (directly or indirectly) nerfed very soon. So for me any dumbfire/terror counter point isn’t valid. And besides why be forced to play that way?

And my main point is there seems to be this rock-paper-scissors type of class system. Necro’s are weak against CC sooooo who has the must cc? .. warriors. So warriors beats necros.. What are warriors weak against? Well who has the mosyt stun breakers? Class X.. and what is class X weak against? Class Z. ect.

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Except that it doesn’t work on a class by class basis, its build by build. Fight a warrior without Berzerker stance, its one of the easiest (and most pathetic) things you’ll ever do. Its builds that counter other builds, not classes. And its not as simple as “we’re weak against this therefore it counters us”.

For example, MM necros aren’t weak to CC. Or warriors that are destroyed by conditions, yet one specific warrior build counters condi-necros. Its never just a simple “I am on X class, you are on Y, therefore I win”, its down to builds, and even then there aren’t too many hard-counters when it comes to build v build.

My PvP Minion Build

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

thats exactly my point is forcing builds. Obviously if you dont run any kind of stability on a warrior you are pretty much taking a chance to say the least and is less viable. The idea here is balance across the board.

The idea of the holy trinity was supposed to be less distinguished in this game but I have a solid feeling they are pulling that punch entirely an trying to cater to people who cant think outside that format. To have a “job”. (“im gonna cast this on class A all day and thats because i am class B whilst that class is being protected by class C” and so forth)

But since its not only those people they are catering to they are also trying to enter into the pro gaming scene which is all about rock paper scissors. You see it most prominently in LoL and I think thats their goal.

So to lessen the variety and give classifications and “jobs” to certain classes not only players but viewers will have an easier understanding like football. So thats my story and im sticking to it lol

just bothers me is all. So okay.. we suck against stun warriors (or just hard cc) and we cant do anything about it really so now we are like robots performing the protocol and watnot. lol

Where's ours mang?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

None of the condition cleansing abilities you listed will really slow down a Necro applying his conditions, so I am not really sure what you are asking…

If you want to know what builds are weak against conditions, I would say mainly guardians who don’t specifically build for lots of cleanses, and also 95% of mesmers too. Non-Lyssa thieves are also pretty weak vs. conditions, and also rangers.

Really the only classes that are strong vs. conditions are engineers and other necroes, and yes the current OP warrior stun build gives us trouble.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief