Which Legendary Should I Work Towards?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Savage.5714

Savage.5714

Greetings fellow necromancers! I’ve recently returned to GW2. Previously, I’ve worked through the HoT content, but haven’t done any real endgame. I’m looking to get into fractals and raids, so I’m starting to try to get ascended gear to get AR. I currently only have 1 amulet(can’t put AR on) and a trinket(+10) that I purchased with laurels.

I just unlocked the legendary progression for weapons via masteries, but I’m unsure which weapon to work on. Currently I’m a self-created pet master spec, but I understand that I will probably need to change to be viable for endgame content. What are the current go-to weapons for end-game necros? All of the end-game guides I’m finding are VERY old(pre-HoT) and I don’t want to make the mistake of investing time/money into a weapon that I won’t use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Scepter/dagger for condi build.
Dagger/warhorn/GS for rare power enthusiasts.

You should also be aware of the fact that legendaries don’t offer stat increases over ascended weaponry. Their only difference is that you can swap prefixes on them… and even that is questionable, considering how expencive they are to make.

If you are looking for some thematically-fitting skins – I’d go with Nevermore, or that night GS. Outside of that – whatever you like more.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Scepter/dagger for condi build.
Dagger/warhorn/GS for rare power enthusiasts.

You should also be aware of the fact that legendaries don’t offer stat increases over ascended weaponry. Their only difference is that you can swap prefixes on them… and even that is questionable, considering how expencive they are to make.

Also be sure to consider what weapons your other characters can use. Say for example you also have a Warrior and Mesmer. All 3 of those characters can use a Greatsword so making Sunrise, Twilight or Eternity would be a good idea. That way they could all use the skin.

Even if you don’t wind up using the weapon as much as you’d like, you may find it works better on another character later on. Again for example let’s say you make Meteorlogicus (the scepter), you stop using it on your Necro but start using it on your Mesmer. As long as you have a few alts you should be able to find use for your legendary weapon somewhere even if it doesn’t happen to be on the one you made it for.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Savage.5714

Savage.5714

Thanks for the info and recommendations. I didn’t know that the weapons had the same stats as ascended weapons, so I decided to work towards the Nevermore staff since I like the looks of it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

warhorn. it is used in all game modes and both power and condition builds.

Generally I consider nevermore the best legendary but you shouldn’t be using staff on pve necro.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Umm… All of them?… :/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Go for the easiest legendary that fit your build and add a skin that fit your taste. Most legendary effect are not worth the pain of having a weapon that look like a giant candy or a disco ball.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

I crafted Howler (Warhorn). It has a place in almost every build (Dagger/Warhorn for power and Scepter/Warhorn for condi). Warhorn is simply necros strongest offhand weapon (a.t.m.).

The graphics effect is decent (not like the annoying effects of other legendaries) and it’s super cheap. I got the precursor for 300 Gold a few months ago.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

I recently made Frostfang (axe). My 3 favorite characters are Power Reaper (Axe Main), Condi Ranger (Axe main) and Power Revenant (Axe offhand). Axe was the obvious choice for me. I want to make another, but I’m still not sure which.