Who's With Me? Switching to Revenant

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

I haven’t really posted in a while and really haven’t been playing so much lately as well. But the new Revenant class has my attention for sure. I’ve been pretty sure most of the necros have felt the same way and was just wondering how many will be making revenant their mains.

TBF there’s not enough hard info on it but its definitely got me sold. But who knows for certain, was just wondering who else felt the same?

I saw the FITG changes and had a nice chuckle over that lol. Idk why people are still surprised by this sort of stuff. XD

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Shelf’ing my necro till they fix FitG.

Gonna start roaming more on my melee ranger until HoT. But still. As long as we keep being vocal about all the misdirections of Anet’s necro balancing squad, I’m sure we’ll get the QoL reworks that we deserve.

…eventually.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Some of the leaked skill info makes revenant look like an unstoppable killing machine with more utility then all the other classes in the game combined and guaranteed god of pvp.

Should have jumped off the sinking necro ship at launch, but hey “surely within a few months we’ll see major changes to address this class’s problems, right?” ha ha. Revenant will be a good change of pace.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Depends on what they do with the necromancer specialization. If their new mechanic is any good I might not switch. But the revenant is pretty much everything and more I and so many others wanted for the necromancer profession it isn’t even funny.

in Necromancer

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

As you said, it’s too early to say. Will I roll one? Sure, I think it looks cool and Im not gonna buy a slot for engi so yeah. But don’t know if I will like it more than my necro. Sadly, these days I am actually having second thoughts as my main since the stab changes and flesh wurm. Skinny fella never left my bar, now it fails more. FitG is something to laugh about.

I mainly played necro for stripping 20sec stability from rampage as one or other liches. Now they are justreappliedand boon removal is less valued. I’ll still be a backliner in WcW but for other aspects I’ll opt for my 6 other tunes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

250 tomes ready to level multiple Revs

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nekrothaft.6390

Nekrothaft.6390

250 tomes ready to level multiple Revs

Come on man, this isn’t LA map chat ;/

“Necros are in a good spot”…. let the kitten sacrifice commence.

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I am a multi-classer by heart… I multi-class

Most played professions are Warrior first, Necro second and Ele/Guardian tied for third…

Of course I will play Revenant, and you gotta count your behinds on that I will enjoy it – it is a mixture between my two most played classes, with some more gimmicks there…

… However, a huge glaring issue I see thus far, is the Condi-Removal this class (does not) has – it is extremely limited, and mostly tied to the boons it will recieve…

So yes, I will play it, but will I play it more than any other class? Unlikely… I do however finally have a class on which I can use The Moot again , which is a big plus

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ll keep playing my Necro for the same reason that I always have: I have the most fun on that class. Still, I’ll also definitely be trying a Mallyx Revenant in PvP.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I’ll keep playing my Necro for the same reason that I always have: I have the most fun on that class. Still, I’ll also definitely be trying a Mallyx Revenant in PvP.

Well be prepared to become a pingpong ball since mallyx has no stun breakers nor stability and a stance swap is not instantanious so good luck with that.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’ll keep playing my Necro in PvP to eat Mallyx Revenants

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I will level a Revy just to try it out. All other professions are leveled so why not?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ill be trying a rev obviously. But from the looks of it im going to find it a little boring (no weapon swap and locked utilities to each legend). If necro remains a disappointment i will continue to stay on the number one class (ele).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cloudz.6890

Cloudz.6890

Necro is my main and I love playing the class, but if Rev turns out to be better at condi and group utility than Necro then I pretty much have to (not literally) switch. Mallyx and Jallis pretty much cover the 2 most important bases so Shiro and Glint are icing on the cake.

That being said I’m really, really hoping the GS and spec finally give us what we need. I like playing Necro, but in PvE it’s so under-preforming comparing to the other classes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

In PvE I’ll probably stick with Ele unless revenant is crazy fun, and in PvP I’ll stick with whatever the best MM build is.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arioch.7432

Arioch.7432

I shall try it and see then. I also hope that they fix the necromancer. I like my character, I just wish that during dungeon runs and such, no matter how good I do I wonder if I could do more with another class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dasefex.4810

Dasefex.4810

Necro is the only class I play I don’t plan on changing this. ????

Fishy Joes 80 necro wvw
Digital Sacrifice Guild

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Necro 4 Life!

I’ll only make a Rev if we get an extra character slot, to see what the class is all about and only after I have explored HoT with my Necro ^^

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ll keep playing my Necro in PvP to eat Mallyx Revenants

I think a lot of people will be dying on a Revenant until such point that people figure out what works and what doesn’t. The Revenant has Stability on dodge and two trait lines we haven’t even seen yet. Couple those with an AOE mass stun on the Legendary Assassin form and I think it could give Necromancers a run for their money. We’ll have to see, but either way it’ll be fun to play!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Posted by: SomeName.1079

SomeName.1079

I’m pretty sure almost everyone will play Revenant when it drops, it’s the new thing so everyone is going to want to learn its abilities, traits etc. I’m not going to jump straight into it though, as I’m sure there will be a MILLION of them on day one. I’ll try it later, when the “Ohh new class, must use!” has died off. I’ll stick with my Necro for now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’m pretty sure almost everyone will play Revenant when it drops, it’s the new thing so everyone is going to want to learn its abilities, traits etc. I’m not going to jump straight into it though, as I’m sure there will be a MILLION of them on day one. I’ll try it later, when the “Ohh new class, must use!” has died off. I’ll stick with my Necro for now.

Specializations will curb that a bit. It’s the one thing keeping my eye on Necrocancer.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Heavy armor, check.
Attrition based, check.
Hasn’t been tweaked into the ground, check
Should be viable in ALL game modes, check.

Speculative, sure, but looks like I’m in.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

When they first announced revenant I was steadfast on staying with my necro as my main, but after the past few updates, it’s time to re-shelf the necro indefinitely. I’m absolutely going to revenant. They won’t ever change necro to something that keeps up with the hammerspam warriorloving heavyarmor meta. At least revenant features my favorite NPC as it’s spokesperson and has a dark enough theme I can relate to it like necro once did. I bid you farewell Not-So-Master of the Dark Arts. Your time ended far too soon.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I have hopes that the specialization will bring some real viability to power necros. And maybe condi Necro will get improved? Maybe? I’m not going to revenant, though, it seems way too rigid as far as the skills for my liking.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

Specializations will curb that a bit. It’s the one thing keeping my eye on Necrocancer.

Necrocancer really ? L2P Issues

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Necrocancer really ? L2P Issues

What? o.O

in Necromancer

Falcon.8713

Read what you’ve posted ‘eye on Necrocancer’ is that the best way you can talk about the profession ? using a horrible disease ?

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Read what you’ve posted ‘eye on Necrocancer’ is that the best way you can talk about the profession ? using a horrible disease ?

Good lord… Get over it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

This saddens me

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Falcon.8713

Good lord… Get over it.

No need to, I feel fine with the current state of the profession

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Good lord… Get over it.

No need to, I feel fine with the current state of the profession

Was referring to the cancer part. Obvious a poke of fun.

Either way. You’re allowed to feel its fine. But objectively, its not. Rarely used (and almost never used to succeed) in high end tPvP, terrible for PVE, horrible “Group survivability” and a bad roamer with no mobility. I’m glad you’re happy with it. I wouldn’t want to take that away from you. But playing an apologetic hero doesn’t really change statistical facts and very clear design issues and short comings. I’ve played in the top 50 (up to spot 5 even, on the old more mmr-based leaderboards) with necro, I’ve used it in many parts of the game. It’s usable, but clearly has issues and has lost identity over the years since Beta. Being overly optimistic won’t fix anything.

But cheers for being happy man. But there’s no need to rub your contentment in peoples’ faces who have legitimate frustrations.

in Necromancer

Falcon.8713

How can cancer be a poke of fun ? & Yeah old leaderboards when MM was viable, been there done that but that’s a long time ago. + We’re unique, perhaps not all time used on high end pvp but hey, meta is only what the current champions play with most of the time (medi guard with hammer), if The Abjured would’ve won we would finally be in the meta hurraaay ! Next to that, we’re only low on group support agreed on that one, but if we look to allround damage it’s not bad at all. Okay we’re low on blocks and invulns, but it’s not like we can’t live without it ? It’s not that we are the worst profession instantly. I appreciate all the frustrations of everyone, but it keeps getting worse and worse when it’s not that bad at all o.o

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m going to go ahead and continue playing my Necro.

Enjoy the new class.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I certainly will be playing Revenant but i am not sure if i will switch my main from Necro to Revenant. But since Revenants will most likely get staffs as melee weapon and since there are scythe skins for staffs… it will be really tempting.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I held out hope as long as i could, and right now it does seem like most ideas that would be good for necromancer will be used for the revenant….so yeah, I probably will. Time for me to accept that anet just doesn’t have the talent to balance us, or doesn’t give two craps about necromancers. Right now it looks like both.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

You know what is sad is that anet wont give a rats kitten if you switch to another class in their very own game. This class will never change. Two years of only minor tweaks and changes is valid proof. In addition it has taken the balance dev two freaking godkitten years to even get around to playing the necro let alone to balance it. That is ridiculous and I see the skills developed for the rev. can be taken right out of the necro forum discussion. What is even worse is that we buy into the devs bs about “oh necros are the attrition class, you don’t need mobility and ds gives you plenty survivability ability.” What a load of crap we keep eating, especially when they design a class that has mobility, skills, damage and defense all rolled into one. And you think they are going to take a look at the necros traits, skills, etc for hot and actually make changes viable enough to change the meta or make us more effective in pve and pvp? Come on guys that is a Joke. They will change a modicum of traits, most likely some description changes, give us a greatsword with some mediocre skills at best and call it done, and you know what? We will continue to eat it right up and likely think, oh after HOT they will get to the necro and finally give us the attention this class deserves. Guys I completely understand playing a class because you enjoy it and want to play it but for gods sake don’t continue to play it only because you think they will make changes that suddenly changes their meta or makes us more viable after 2.5 years. If you want to play the rev, or the necro because you like it then play it, especially if you enjoy it. I just think that anet has no clue what to do with this class and has been unable to make truly meaningful changes that acuallty improve our overall viability. Everything seems to be kitten or patchwork fixes to a damaged baseline.

Have not even seen a dev even openly discuss this class at the same level they have discussed other classes. I mean wtf Rangers had a lot of time allocated to improving the class and while we were designated one of the classes most in need of improvement we got 0 godkitten face time. JOKE. I swear sometimes I’m not sure why I even post here hahaha though i do enjoy reading the necro communities thoughts and ideas. Some of it is truly great and deserves attention. I’m actually sad the devs don’t interact more with the community.

(edited by Gryph.8237)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

I’ll try revenant some day, not at the begining because if i do i’ll be lost in the amount of new stuffs the expansion will bring with it. So let’s say Revenant is not in my top 10 things i’ll do right after the expansion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

You know what is sad is that anet wont give a rats kitten if you switch to another class in their very own game. This class will never change. Two years of only minor tweaks and changes is valid proof. In addition it has taken the balance dev two freaking godkitten years to even get around to playing the necro let alone to balance it. That is ridiculous and I see the skills developed for the rev. can be taken right out of the necro forum discussion. What is even worse is that we buy into the devs bs about “oh necros are the attrition class, you don’t need mobility and ds gives you plenty survivability ability.” What a load of crap we keep eating, especially when they design a class that has mobility, skills, damage and defense all rolled into one. And you think they are going to take a look at the necros traits, skills, etc for hot and actually make changes viable enough to change the meta or make us more effective in pve and pvp? Come on guys that is a Joke. They will change a modicum of traits, most likely some description changes, give us a greatsword with some mediocre skills at best and call it done, and you know what? We will continue to eat it right up and likely think, oh after HOT they will get to the necro and finally give us the attention this class deserves. Guys I completely understand playing a class because you enjoy it and want to play it but for gods sake don’t continue to play it only because you think they will make changes that suddenly changes their meta or makes us more viable after 2.5 years. If you want to play the rev, or the necro because you like it then play it, especially if you enjoy it. I just think that anet has no clue what to do with this class and has been unable to make truly meaningful changes that acuallty improve our overall viability. Everything seems to be kitten or patchwork fixes to a damaged baseline.

Have not even seen a dev even openly discuss this class at the same level they have discussed other classes. I mean wtf Rangers had a lot of time allocated to improving the class and while we were designated one of the classes most in need of improvement we got 0 godkitten face time. JOKE. I swear sometimes I’m not sure why I even post here hahaha though i do enjoy reading the necro communities thoughts and ideas. Some of it is truly great and deserves attention. I’m actually sad the devs don’t interact more with the community.

Cannot scream "THIS’ loudly enough. Continuing to play necro in the meantime out of spite though.

Also I got around to actually looking more closely at the Rev class videos we’ve seen so far and it’s amazing how much the Mallyx stance is literally “a condi necro, but good”

(edited by Tobias.8632)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

I’m not actually “switching” since I have don’t have enough info on the class but I’m definately excited and will be putting forth most my attention. If it does feel right then it will be my more played class for sure.

Also, this isn’t meant to “scare” Anet into changing necromancer and if i do switch to maining the rev then it just means the necro was never meant for me. Maybe just a prep class for the rev lol

I don’t think the necro is bad actually lol. Not as far as being relevant in pvp anyway. They are not top tier spvp but are still capable of seeing some play.

For me, I realized over time that the class is just not as cared for by the devs as other calsses. The class really is the Red-headed stepchild of gw2. I do love playing the underdog or rooting for the dark horse but afterward it just comes down to the fact that I don’t even enjoy the playstyle as much as I used to.

I always play the darker class archetypes but I still enjoy playing classes that are more active based rather than passive. Nearly everything about the Necromancer is passive
-passive damage (condi)
-passive defense (health/LF)
-passive mobility (just move speed)

I’ve always played classes and characters with sharper skill sets which require a bit more awareness, reflexes, timing, and hand-eye coordination. I think the rev will be right in my style of play.

I don’t have any plans at all for deleting any of my 3 necro’s. I spent too much time and invested a lot of interest in the class. I think I’ll always play the necro but this is the first time I’ve actually considered replacing it with another class as my main played class.

The necromancer for me has always felt like a bit of a letdown (not entirely because of the passive play) because I’ve always felt like each and every classs has so much potential to have a wide (not every) selection type of playstyles instead of 1 or 2.

For instance: The necromancer could have a build that encompassed more active offense and defense that could be substitute to condition damage. Let the necro’s use some counter blocks or shadowsteps skills. It’s a matter of gw2 being very traditional with the “vision” of a necromancer which simply de-evolved from gw1.

What I always thought gw2 was going to break the traditional idea of how this whole kitten thing worked. Let some players be traditional necros with their terrormancers and minionmancers but then let there be necros who use less traditional methods/weapons. Let some builds revolve around an unorthadox weapon like a spear, using shadowy lunges that knocked people back and stole life for each person hit. Let some classes branch into wearing heavy armors and all that good stuff.

I just feel like they limit themselves so much just because of closed minded ness. And to be fair, there are loads of necro players who agree with the idea that Necro’s should only use staffs and wear robes and blah blah. It’s so closed minded and unimaginative. The foundation can be the traditional like it is now with minionmancers and conditionmancers but I always felt they can do so much more.

Anyways TL;DR I won’t delete my Necro’s ever. I think they will require a lot of work and time to become what I had always hoped for. Rev’s skills are well thought out and I’ll be playing them on release as much as I can. Ty

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Revenant will probably be my second main after necro, i like the mysterious vibe they give off with their skills and armor. They seem like a mix of dervish, warrior and necro. But necro will always be my main and always has no matter how kittenty or meta of a state they are in. Even if they suck ill play the underdog and thats fine with me, i do it in other games too.