Who wins in a Shootout?

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

How would you rank the classes (in 5v5, skirmish and 1v1) if their 6-10 skills were locked out? Just curious as I usually start my online day using weapon skills only to warm up my skill rotations.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Ele > everything else.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I might even give necros an edge here.
6-10 includes the main heal. We pretty much don’t heal ourselves anyway, the majority of our defense comes from lf regen which is for the most part done by weapon skills.
On the other hand, imagine a warrior without healing signet and stances.
But the worst class in that scenario by far: engi. One weapon set, no toolbelt skills, lol. They’d be like a level 10 character in PvE.

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I was tempted to say necros as well flow, I just think the ele can sustain just enough to beat the necro, or even just instagib people with S/f

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

With only weapon skills and profession mechanics, Elementalist definitely has the edge in versatility. Engineer loses its mechanic entirely without utility skills, as well, due to Toolbelt skills being determined by Utilities.
Without profession mechanics? Got no idea.

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

With only weapon skills and profession mechanics, Elementalist definitely has the edge in versatility. Engineer loses its mechanic entirely without utility skills, as well, due to Toolbelt skills being determined by Utilities.
Without profession mechanics? Got no idea.

Without profession mechanics, I’d say Necro. Only Guardian and Necro have healing on weapon skills unless the ele is locked into water attunement, but both Guardian and Necro put out better damage than water attunement ele. Guardians just don’t have the health to out-do a necro and lack condition cleanses on weapon skills.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I don’t think ops post meant without class mechanic. I think he meant an engi would be useless because it’s class mechanic is dependent on its utilities

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

Yes, anything goes, including use of profession mechanic. Just weapons only, no 6-10. So far seems people are leaning:

1. Ele
2. Nec
3. Guard
8. Eng

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Ele, necro, theif, mesmer, guard, ranger, warrior, engi would be my order

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Elementalist
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
Necromancer
Mesmer
Engineer

Ele has a carp-ton of weapons to rotate through
Engi has the same but they all need access through the utilities.

A lot of really good (for a Necro ) skills would be lost w/o that second bar.

Ranger ftw.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Why ranger so high?

This is the one instance where vamp might save necro

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Ranger can get along just fine without utilities or an elite.

Necromancer would not have access to Signet of Spite, Blood is Power, Well of Suffering, Epidemic, Lich or Plague, minions, even spectral skills with another fear and two of the only four combat mobility skills Necro has, Spectral Walk and Spectral Grasp, though both pale in comparison to real combat mobility. Without the Wurm teleport, either, only Dark Path remains. Minions, wells, and corruption utilities are an enormous boost to Necromancer’s generally lackluster dps. Ranger’s utilities are less critical to their own dps, IMO.

Who wins in a Shootout?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Necro. If we have a full life force bar no problem. Eles are extremely reliant on their utilities. The lack of stability is devastating and stunbreaks in general. Same goes for every other class. Just condi load and fear for everyone. For eles, force them to cleanse with water, which isn’t hard then dark path and condi load/fear. Get that chill on them after they water swap and easy peasy. Even staff 3 is good since it applies both chill and poison. Just dodge cc which all classes have pretty big tells. With the passive and active fears necro would dominate in a 6-10 lockout showdown hands down.
It would twice as easy if you trait for fitg bc then cc would be nada.

Säïnt

(edited by SaintSnow.6593)