Why Chillomencer

Why Chillomencer

in Necromancer

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Why ANet think chills is such a good condition and will save the Necromancers?Sometime I really wander are they playing any class other then their favorites.

What is the main natural enemy of Necromancer, that will attack you every time it see you.

Thief isn’kitten what chill does to Thiefs? Nothing, there is no for CD slow down, there is no kiting help for anything because they are porting all over the place. Warrior’s laugh about chills, guardians also.

Rangers also doing it pew pew from 1500 range good luck hitting with chill and same goes for the mesmer.

Only thing chill hit hard is Elementalist so now Chillomencer is the counter of Ele, yeah right.

Where do I know that, well I have an Elementalist build that has %100 chill uptime and all the classes I stated above are just laughing about.

It is a mystery for me why ANet think chill is great condition and they are making such big fuss about it.

Now lets say, chill reduce the teleport distance of thief to half or something or half the initiative gain or adrenaline gain, then it will be awesome but we know they will never do this to their favorite classes do we?

Why Chillomencer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Chill absolutely hurts thieves, the idea that it doesn’t is absolutely ridiculous and only spread by people who have never touched thief.

Chill is a strong condition, arguably the strongest condition outside of immobilize when you consider how easily it will reach 100% duration, and how well it synergizes with everything else we do.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Why Chillomencer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arricson Krei.9560

Arricson Krei.9560

Because it now introduces chill as a damaging condition (when traited), giving necromancers a push in condo builds. Also, instead of giving necros mobility, I guess they made up for it by giving them the ability to hinder others’ mobility.

Why Chillomencer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

This was a step in the right direction for necromancer, make no mistake.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Why Chillomencer

in Necromancer

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Ohh, yeah right what it does to thiefs.

Yeah, you walk slowly after you kill somebody, next time you came again in the range of your steal or one of your other teleports, or shortbow it does have again no effect isn’t?

When I try to kite a thief, chill does absolutely nothing for me, one button 10 m teleport, one more button another teleport

Why Chillomencer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

alacrity vs. chill……….love it.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Why Chillomencer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Yeah, you walk slowly after you kill somebody, next time you came again in the range of your steal or one of your other teleports, or shortbow it does have again no effect isn’t?

When I try to kite a thief, chill does absolutely nothing for me, one button 10 m teleport, one more button another teleport

You ever see a thief try to heartseeker while chilled? You ever seen one try to backstab while chilled? Just because the thief can run away doesn’t mean it doesn’t affect them.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Why Chillomencer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

You ever see a thief try to heartseeker while chilled? You ever seen one try to backstab while chilled? Just because the thief can run away doesn’t mean it doesn’t affect them.

And, might I add, if the chilled thief disengages, you still technically win. No, you didn’t get the kill. But, you lived to face him later on in a different setting. Maybe one that isn’t as easy to get out of. He will have a hard time killing you in terms of damage. You’ll have a hard time killing him in terms of mobility. However, if he’s cornered, he’s done. The only substantialy simple way for him to kill you is if your abilities are already on cooldown and your health is a little on the lower side

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Why Chillomencer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

All I know is that In WvW, when I get chilled I get quite kittened off. The condition itself not only makes you move like a snail on Prozac, but all your cooldowns take SOOOO long to use. Chill to me is an awesome addition to our class and I even tried making a few chillomancers, although descent a power build kicked them to the dirt every time. Now that chill can not only do the aforementioned effects, it can, if traited, cause damage too.

It is a win/win in my books and even though any class if played well could get the upper hand, at least we will make em work for it now!

Why Chillomencer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

The really interesting thing about chill is how differently the devs and the PvE playerbase value it. This is because in PvE, the things Chill does either aren’t as valuable, or aren’t there.

• Significant movement reduction – Well, me and my friends are melee stacking on this guy, they weren’t moving anyways
  • Longer cooldowns – I’ve been told that many enemy skills don’t even have cooldowns. Even if they did, adding 5-10s on the cooldown of their big skill can actually be hard to notice unless you’re really looking out for it. Short of bosses, players don’t need to long-term anticipate most skills anyways, since they can read the wind-up tell and dodge.

However, against other players? Chill is crushing. Delaying someone’s major DPS skills will mess up their rotation, and increasing the cooldown between their heals makes it much easier to drag your opponent down. Dropping their movement speed to 1/3 of normal also makes your opponent a sitting duck.

I’m actually curious though: are there any bosses that Chill has a noticeable cooldown effect on? Longer burn phases, or less one-shot attacks?

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Why Chillomencer

in Necromancer

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Things will be moving around ALOT if the raptor video vs the chronomancer is anything to speculate about.

One thing that helps solidify this speculation for me is that if you know your Anet staff you’ll know that Robert Gee, the guy handling the Reaper, AKA the guy who really enjoys the spec, also one of the main designers is very PvE oriented(Notice how both the chronomancer and reaper were done on Points of Interest, the PvE show).