Why Wells are different from Marks?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

I suppose that this question had been asked one zillion times, but I couldn’t find it on forum. If this bores you, please excuse me.

Why, despite sharing so many characteristics, Wells and Marks are considered as two different things? I can understand that some of them are designed to be targeted, and the others don’t, but imho the related traits should affect both of them equally.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Wells are a pulsating aoe field where you drop them (around you by default or where you place them with a trait), while marks are like traps. The enemy step on it and triggers its effect. So they are like apple and orange.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

At a guess, i can think of several reasons why it would be a bit Overpowered if they were all connected with traits and such:

1) Larger wells (using the staff trait)
2) Marks regaining health (well trait)
3) Wells being unblockable (staff trait)
4) reduced cool down (staff trait / Well trait)

I think it would make Staff Necro a bit TO powerful if the traits for wells affected Marks and if Mark traits affected wells.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Funny thing about that. Have you looked at well tooltips before? They’re all unblockable.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Funny thing about that. Have you looked at well tooltips before? They’re all unblockable.

Lol, i dont think i have ever used a well so no idea.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Marks need to be triggered by something moving into them.
Well’s just happen.

Note: Marks wont be triggered by world boss’s as they are ‘buildings’ Shrug. Also some things like mobs doing conversation, then turning DPS’able wont trigger them either.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

In the past I suggested that marks should “lingers” on the ground so that evading through them dont completely negate them and fighting on them should be a bad idea.

Something like the scepter #2 from Twilight Arbor, with grasping hands that stack bleeds and cripple for 3-4 seconds if you dont dodge out, now that would be a good deterrent and people could dodge out of harm’s way to reduce the condition pressure.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Marks are basically traps with a different name.

Wells are AoEs with a different name. Ground targeted AoEs with a different name.

Marks are constantly nerfed because the game designers are concerned that traps are OP in the situation where somebody getting focused runs into a stack of traps.

And yeah, the traits that improve marks are so sad that they aren’t work taking even though you use staff.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

I believe nekretaal nailed it. thx.

but… I still believe they should try to unify at least some of the traits.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)