Why is bleed priority so low?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Is there a reason that bleed is on the bottom of the condition sending priority list? I’m kind of tired of losing half my health because I can’t send bleed stacks but instead send useless conditions like weakness or cripple or vuln. I don’t care if I have those conditions on me, they aren’t melting my health bar yet they have higher priority than bleed.

Please move bleed up in the condition sending priority list, thanks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

That might be the point, to allow players to cover bleed stacks with other conditions so it isn’t cleared as easily.

Jesusmancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

There are no priorities anymore IIRC, all random, just not sure if it applies to transfers or not.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I haven’t tested, but given that Blind is ALWAYS transferred when I use Putrid Mark transfers are probably an exception to the random rule. If anyone’s willing to jump into a custom arena and cast signet of spite at me a bunch of times we could test! :p

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Blind and Aegis with transfers/corruptions have always been special cases yes.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Yeah makes sense they would be. Although I’m not so sure Aegis is a special case though – Corrupt Boon is unblockable anyway, so it wouldn’t matter if it corrupts Aegis or not, and I think I got “blocked!” messages using Signet of the Locust with Signets of Suffering. Can’t be sure though, since htere were probably 3 people around me and it was all a kittenaotic.

Would be useful to actually test for the transfers, anyone up for it and on EU?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

There were some removals/corruptions that ignored Aegis, including Focus 5 (meaning it stripped 4 boons if Aegis was there), but it isn’t consistent.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

There are no priorities anymore IIRC, all random, just not sure if it applies to transfers or not.

Well after about 200 transfers with dagger 4 i’ve never once transferred bleeding. I always transfer crippled, torment and weakness.

I guess really what I want is for dagger 4 to transfer 4 conditions since that is how many conditions master of corruption puts on me now.

Or i’d much rather keep crippled and transfer bleeding instead. I already have 0 mobility, I don’t really care if I have 0 mobility x2.

The only thing more annoying than all of those is when dagger 4 procs plague sending.

It just doesn’t seem there is much synergy with the new “master” of corruption abilities, everything seems to work against it no matter how hard I try to get it to work.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Well after about 200 transfers with dagger 4 i’ve never once transferred bleeding. I always transfer crippled, torment and weakness.

By any chance, are you using Blood is Power, followed by CPC, then Dagger 4?

If so, use CPC first. By the time you hit dagger 4, the cripple will have already worn off (it is only two seconds) and you will send bleed, torment, and weakness. Works wonders. It may be possible to activate dagger 4 before the cripple wears off (not sure), in which case just slow down a hair.

It just occurred to me that if you are stacking a bunch of condition duration, that could be a problem.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It is possible that transfers still have the priority system, I wouldn’t know without doing testing myself and I cba right now. If so, its an oversight by ANet, so not surprising.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

By any chance, are you using Blood is Power, followed by CPC, then Dagger 4?

If so, use CPC first. By the time you hit dagger 4, the cripple will have already worn off (it is only two seconds) and you will send bleed, torment, and weakness. Works wonders. It may be possible to activate dagger 4 before the cripple wears off (not sure), in which case just slow down a hair.

It just occurred to me that if you are stacking a bunch of condition duration, that could be a problem.

Yeah before the patch I did BiP→CPC→dagger 4

Then I thought maybe it was the order I applied them that determined the order of transfer so I switched to CPC→BiP→dagger 4 but that didn’t work either

With my condition duration I need to wait ~3s for cripple to wear off before transferring, which just kinda sucks because i’m missing out on 2 stacks of bleed, 2 stacks of torment and weakness on the enemy for 3s. Which at 2300 condition damage is over 1k damage i’m doing to myself while I wait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Consider scrapping the condition duration, which is what I have decided to do. You could always go with bleed or poison duration instead. Or you could swap to staff and use putrid mark. Regardless, I’d do CPC first.

CPC -> BiP -> Putrid Mark -> (Epidemic -> Consume Conditions)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thor Rising.7850

Thor Rising.7850

This makes me sad as well. I died to stacks of bleed in a 2v1 vs a trap ranger and scepter condi ele last night. Didnt let me send the bleeds with plague signet because i as covered in other conditions. Ended up being left with 19 bleed stacks as my only condition, with no clears left on my bar.