Why nerf Necro

Why nerf Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: jacim.5904

jacim.5904

The only thing thats worth noting out all the the balance patch was the significant nerf to Rise!. Was necro so op that if needed a nerf? Am I missing something, there are many other classes that I think about when I hear the words OP and necro is not one of them. The thing that kittenes me off is that they try and play it off as a QoL improvement when we got nothing positive out of it and one of the most important problems necro has, vital persistance, wasnt even touched.

Why nerf Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Necromancer is mediocre and unnoteworthy right now. This is evidenced by the lack of discussion about Necromancers in the other forums. The Necro “QoL” update does nothing for Necromancers.
Example of what QoL means to players:
-Utility cooldowns are now visible in Death Shroud
-Vital Persistence is now baseline
Example of Balance team’s “QoL”
-Wicked Spiral: This skill will now fire the correct number of whirl finishers.
-Spiteful Spirit: The version of Unholy Feast that this trait executes will now include the player’s weapon damage.
-Spinal Shivers: This skill casts approximately 0.25 seconds faster than before.

I want a new balance team lol

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Why nerf Necro

in Necromancer

jacim.5904

Also Master of Corruption seems crap compared to other cooldown reduction traits.

Why nerf Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Also Master of Corruption seems crap compared to other cooldown reduction traits.

The balance team and some players seem to believe that having extra conditions on you is a good thing because you can transfer them.

EverythingOP

Why nerf Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

The balance team and some players seem to believe that having extra conditions on you is a good thing because you can transfer them.

That is a shame of trait that should never have happened in the first place….
A 33% CD reduction is cool, but not so much when the skills it affects are mediocre skills at best that hinders you. That alone could be playable at least… but giving even more bad effects to those skills when you are already reducing their CD a lot is just stupid.
Making that trait 20% CDR and giving some resistance would have been a hell of a lot better.

~ The light of a new day

(edited by Ithir Darkleaf.7923)

Why nerf Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

The only thing thats worth noting out all the the balance patch was the significant nerf to Rise!.

Umm seriously? You’re gonna ignore all the other awesome stuff, just because this one skill that was obiously OP got nerfed? Really?

MM was viable before HoT came out. What happens to Rise! is not gonna change that. And several people aren’t seeing that much of a difference anyways.

Why is people’s default response to patches always overwhelming negativity?

Why nerf Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

The only thing thats worth noting out all the the balance patch was the significant nerf to Rise!.

Umm seriously? You’re gonna ignore all the other awesome stuff, just because this one skill that was obiously OP got nerfed? Really?

MM was viable before HoT came out. What happens to Rise! is not gonna change that. And several people aren’t seeing that much of a difference anyways.

Point me out what was awesome about the balance patch for necros, please. After 4 months we got QoL stuff (and minor ones tbh) and a nerf (it was coming sooner o later but it has been really harsh). Oh right, we got fixed an underwater skill, YAY!

~ The light of a new day

Why nerf Necro

in Necromancer

bearshaman.3421

Point me out what was awesome about the balance patch for necros, please. After 4 months we got QoL stuff (and minor ones tbh) and a nerf (it was coming sooner o later but it has been really harsh). Oh right, we got fixed an underwater skill, YAY!

I would, but it’s easier to say, literally everything else. You can dismiss them as QoL stuff, but they aren’t minor. Lower CDs make for better rotations. Life Blast being full damage at full range is HUGE (ive hated the idea of ranged skills that work best up close forever). This is a good patch, and them nerfing one overpowered skill doesn’t change that. Was it the sheer level of awesome that guards got? No, but they desperately needed it, having gotten nothing but nerfs since HoT. We didn’t.

Why nerf Necro

in Necromancer

jacim.5904

Look there is no need for me to repeat everything Cecilia said. This patch is being played out as QoL improvements but thats not the case, the changes made are pretty meaningless. Hell I would even go as far as insignificant in PvP, those skill were not used before and it will remain that way. Also life blast range is only useful if you are playing for free cause reaper shroud is too good of an improvement as to skip it.

Why nerf Necro

in Necromancer

bearshaman.3421

Look there is no need for me to repeat everything Cecilia said. This patch is being played out as QoL improvements but thats not the case, the changes made are pretty meaningless. Hell I would even go as far as insignificant in PvP, those skill were not used before and it will remain that way. Also life blast range is only useful if you are playing for free cause reaper shroud is too good of an improvement as to skip it.

Well, if you choose to ignore the effect of these changes on the other game types, that’s your choice, but at least be honest that that’s what you’re doing. Also, no the change to life blast is not meaningless, because you can make really effective builds without the reaper line. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean that this isn’t a meaningful patch for someone else.

Why nerf Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Spectral Walk should have become 40 seconds, not 50!

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)