Why should I stick with my Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jobrox.6471

Jobrox.6471

Looking over these posts, it makes me feel like making a necro is hardly worth it. So for you lovely ladies and gentlemen, I ask you one simple question…why should I stick with my necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

-It has decent aoe options for wvw, though if you are interested for this you might want to consider engineer also

-Light armor looks great, e.g. winged set, masquerade set, set from fireheart rise karma merchant, nightmare set, profane set, etc.

-The pets are cute imo and I prefer them to ranger pets in style. They are totally useless though for anything serious.

-It is easymode to level in pve since less squishy than ele and less tedious than mesmer
-Natural condition removal is good

-In general if you have bad lag or feeling lazy it is more forgiving/relaxing to play. Even the swiftness buff is long duration so you can kinda alt tab while running without recasting swiftness buffs as much. For dungeons though I think since there is so much 1 or 2 shot mechanics your actual class choice matters less than being able to avoid damage, and a different class would do more damage or give better grp support, so.. The one nice thing is blind spam on trash mobs but this doesn’t apply to bosses. You can also do condition removal but plague signet is bugged so it’s just the well and staff 4 (and other classes can also wipe conditions).

My main is necro but I have rerolled a thief. The damage is so much higher. Medium armor is hideous tho. Seriously every medium armor piece.. try the lvl 80 exotic medium armor. It is so hideous. There are 2-3 decent medium armor sets max. It all looks like ugly homemade cowboy/trenchcoat crap. In hindsight i probably should have made a male character. Where is the bondage/leather/spiky/sleek assassin type gear which you usually see for medium armor? Heavy armor is ok. I feel this is a big letdown for a game which is supposed to be about armor skins.

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

It’s fun.

(15 char)

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

@Kisses,

Try getting your hands on the “Duelist” armor, it’s the same one you see at Human/Norn Thief character creation.

And OT: Only if you enjoy and like the class despite its problems, otherwise the other classes do have it better right now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

T3 human medium has a lot of skin showing if that’s your kinda thing.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nismu.4019

Nismu.4019

because you like playing it. If you don’t then don’t play. simple as that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

@Kisses,

Try getting your hands on the “Duelist” armor, it’s the same one you see at Human/Norn Thief character creation.

And OT: Only if you enjoy and like the class despite its problems, otherwise the other classes do have it better right now.

I said only a couple of sets were decent. I have already factored in duelist and my character is already wearing it along with every second thief out there lol :/ Human cutltural is ok as well & vigil leggings. Just not much choice.

Edit: sorry for offtopic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

You shouldn’t. Play something else until ArenaNet decides to notice the decline of necro players and finally do something about it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

You shouldnt, do like I did, roll another class and return to necro when its fixed. (if ever). Class is awsome, but buggy and many traits useless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

Despite the minion hate, minions are awesome. You can go afk and come back to loot! The minion skills are pretty useful… blind, knockback, snare are very useful. The knockback will affect all foes the golem charges through!

You can solo supply camps… not sure how many other classes can do it, but necros certainly can.

Fear and daze are both great for preventing an ally from being finished. The teleport skill in death shroud is great for catching people, slowing them, then fearing them back to your allies (it’s also a second health bar… which is extremely useful – The number 4 skill will regen your deathshroud).

We can have an insane amount of hp for WvW! I’ve had over 32k near forts with the 10% hp boost. With the right food… it can go much higher.

While not really necro related, we are able to kill a bunch of stuff quickly, and with a sigil of speed slotted, plus the locust swarm and that other runspeed skill (spectral walk?) I’ve had over 4 mins on the swiftness buff

While a little tricky… minions also work great in dungeons, they’re probably not the best or most effective, but they provide distractions for mobs that usually target players (those pouncing gravelings for example).

I haven’t really found much that works well for sPvP, but I don’t do it all too often anyway.

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daddy.1825

Daddy.1825

im starting to veir off from my Necro that i started back in the early start because Necro’s are outclassed in DMG and support. its sad

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enerjak.2475

Enerjak.2475

I enjoy Necro. I know it is ridiculously foiled with bugs (more than most of the classes combined and many class-breaking). I still enjoy the general concept of the playstyle.

Will wait and see if the bugs are addressed, and meantime do what I can.

Perhaps they never will, and I’ll simply be clinging to the nastalgia of how OP we were in GW1.

Alcione Enerjak – Human Necromancer (Level 80)
Guild Leader – The Hakaishin [GODS] (Sorrow’s Furnace)