Why so much Healermancer hate in wvw?

in Necromancer

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

i can cleanse all condi, 2400 power 2400 healing power 1.3k/s healing well ticks and perma regen. but why so much necrohealer hate?

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

Haha I have never heard healmancer hate

If anything,, whenever I have played that spec, groups love when I drop a well of blood and transfusion

It hits like a wet mop which kind of sucks but is very decent healing support

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I’d like to see a demonstation video for healermancer. Could you make one martyrius?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Guardians can already fill the roll and survive better than the healmancer in a zerg fight and provide better benefits at lower costs…it is sure a good change of pace compared to the usual condimancer and powermancer…

Although I don’t recommend healing power for a necro, I must say that ritual of life makes rezzing allies rewarding when having so much healing power xD

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

There is no way you have 2400 healing power. 2293 is the max I have reached on guardian, and thats with the signet and mace trait.

Anyways this is not good news. Us healers gotta stick together out there. Tough it out soldier, remain vigilant, and continue keeping their ungrateful kitten alive.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

If you look up the healing coefficient for your group heal skills, guardian does much better without sacrificing as much.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

dont know was testing it this night in sPVP with 1.3k healing power, worked wonders. holding up to 4-5 enemys on me while defending our point. soon 2 of ours got to me and enemy just droped. noone from my team was dying and most of the time i had top score of the game with most kills

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

Despite you being the first necro i’ve heard of that wants to run healing power, the simply answer is: you aren’t needed.

Zerg and guild healing comes from water fields + empowers during restacks; tomes, warrior shouts, virtue of resolve during movement; coupled with all the other sources of healing like water ele skills or guardian dodge rolls.

Tranfusion is a good choice if you go 20 in blood for well cd reduction. But please, stay with a dps spec. Any halfway organized group has enough was to heal already.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

There is no way you have 2400 healing power. 2293 is the max I have reached on guardian, and thats with the signet and mace trait.

Anyways this is not good news. Us healers gotta stick together out there. Tough it out soldier, remain vigilant, and continue keeping their ungrateful kitten alive.

I felt bad after reading that lol.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Firstly, “Healermancer” (never thought of that one) is theorycraft to most because no its a risk gearing up in clerics or apothecary armor, only to find out its meh for them personally. Secondly many who look at WoB and MoB don’t see the huge healing potential there at first glance due to not seeing the heals in action or crunching the numbers. Thirdly Well builds have a tendancy to override other combo fields and Necro healers have a bad habit in places like WvW to place WoB while Eles are setting up water fields etc.

I have played both healing support Guard and healing support Necro. Guardian definitely heals more damage in potent spike heals, but its really restricted by allies having to be within like 300-600 range of Guardian to get full benefit. It doesn’t do too much damage to one target let alone five or more.

Necromancer healing is more about regenerating smaller amounts of health over time but for sustained periods, in addition to major damage mitigation if built correctly. MoB has a range of 900 (1020 if you count radius) and WoB has a range of 1200 (1260-1360 if you count radius). With no need to create a water field combo or be in close proximity of allies, a Necro can stay at the safety of 900-1200 range and still deliver potent sustained healing and support for allies.

Healermancers with around 1370ish healing power have mass protection, weakness, chill and blinds at their disposal. Mass 300 regen ticks 24/7. Ten pulses of 700 tick healing from WoB. A 600 range pulsing heal from Transfusion trait every 40s for a total of 5000+ health and lots of team boon/condition control.

Edit:

My latest incarnation of a “Healermancer” build I have been using for over a year:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7YjQad6Zaia07JApHXj9zTP+ecxjKMMA-j0CBYiCyINJjWQZm8IQpnBNNdRjVTFRjVPjIqWfEziDzImIqWIgFrBA-w

This build isn’t just about supporting others either. It does a great job of supporting you as well, while dealing out about 1500 area bleeds per tick average in addition to other conditions etc. Remember when fighting 5+ enemies, each well can heal you for about 2250 health and 4500 for WoB over their durations from siphoning (similar extra damage potential). When stacking in say PvE or being ganked by multiple players, well siphons alone can heal 50-60% of your health when all is said in done. WoB+MoB already will heal more than 100% of your total health if you keep them on you over 32 second intervals. Allies can easily be healed 15K+ health in the same circumstances. I use it in all aspects of the game (its Settler in Spvp) and it works great. Enough that I keep using it over all my other sets.

(edited by Balekai.6083)

in Necromancer

Posted by: pierwola.9602

pierwola.9602

I roam with something similar to “Healermancer” and it work great if you ask me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

Regeneration from staff 2 is very nice when you have high healing power.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

Despite you being the first necro i’ve heard of that wants to run healing power, the simply answer is: you aren’t needed.

Zerg and guild healing comes from water fields + empowers during restacks; tomes, warrior shouts, virtue of resolve during movement; coupled with all the other sources of healing like water ele skills or guardian dodge rolls.

Tranfusion is a good choice if you go 20 in blood for well cd reduction. But please, stay with a dps spec. Any halfway organized group has enough was to heal already.

Basically this. I’m going to assume OP is trying to be part of an organized raid since he mentions hate. Random pug zergs wouldn’t care what you run.

In organized zergs healing is coming from blast finishers and empower. Your healing can’t even come close to the potential of one water field because yours has a 5 person limit. Water field can be blast by all groups giving each blast a 5 person limit. Plus you are dropping light fields(if trying to use Well of blood) screwing up blast finishers which does much more harm then good.
During the movement you might be providing some support but not any better then some other classes that are more survivable.

During the fight you provide much better “support” in the form of DPS, wells, stripping boons, plague, etc..

Edit: If you are talking about roaming then almost anything can work. As long as your group is setup to work well together.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Orikx.9671)

in Necromancer

Rapier.3675

well today i’ve spend many hours in wvw on “healermancer”, but on full cleric which worked better then condition (apothecary) at least at fast dmg given. So i got more drops.
so the fights were long in the lords room of SM and i was in the midle at lord for full fights. droping wells at my fit on lord and enemys while trying to heal my ally with staff nr2 and DS. surviving anything that came at me.
seeing heals in DS doing up to 5.8k heals to allys, and staff nr2 doing 351 heal per tick. And im in full exotic cleric gear.

this are my stats without healing power nurishment. with bloodlust buff lvl2 (50) and hardened sharpstone (5%/3%).

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mindx.9610

Mindx.9610

Hey guys,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ-54wcMAso

Posted this vid a while ago, its me playing as a healer necro with an experimental build 0/10/0/30/30. This was a completely experimental trial and was absolutley not maximized to its potential, but overall its good! Ele’s cant always switch to water when called for since they have other roles to fulfill as well so this is where this type of necro comes in handy.

Currently we have 1 necro running a much more optimized build ascended celestial/cleric armor /zerker cleric accessories weapon swap heals etc. The constant transfusions coming out periodically makes all the difference in some fights, shes an absolute beast.

[Apex] – Zero Entity 80 Necromancer
Blackgate Apexprime.enjin.com

in Necromancer

Monkeymonger.9235

Transfusion heals for quite a bit (~4,8k with 1200hp). However with 20 points into blood it already heals for 3k. I can’t imagine this to be worth it.

Well of blood heals for a lot. But in what scenario do you or your allies want to stand in a tiny field for 10s? If you are blocking a choke you want water, not light.

Regeneration is alright with mark 2, but the melee train already gets perma regen from hold the line, virtue of resolve, converted poisons etc. Also group play is dominated by spike damage. Regen isn’t an important boon.
Protection on wells has it’s uses, but you don’t need to run support gear for that.

Deathly invigoration has a tiny radius.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I have tried various healing support builds for Necromancer. The profession was not designed for that task. Right now, I think Clerics for a power build or Apothecary for a condi build are the best choices for armor. Potential skill sets can be vampiric, minion, wells, or spectral. I would not put too many points into Blood Magic, though, because the scaling is still not good enough to neglect other lines but that is your call.

Use, and trait for, AoE CC to reduce incoming damage rather than focusing in healing, alone. As always with Necromancer’s high health, trimming damage and regenerating health takes priority over increasing the max health.

I had been hoping my Carrion set would shine after the last few patches but the stats are not made for Necromancers, the armor type is for other jobs wanting to imitate a Necro; maybe do it better.

in Necromancer

Balekai.6083

@Rapier:

Sounds good. Experienced Zerg fights Clerics will win out over Apothecary almost every time because said zergs are just too good at staying consistently stacked and everyone clearing everyone elses conditions. I find when this occurs my bleed damage goes from 1K-1.5K average to about… 300 bleed ticks here and there for 2-3 seconds. Not exactly “stellar.”

The flip side is that Apothecary is much better for everything else. Whether it’s 1v1, 2v1, 3v1, soloing camps, solo roaming, small/medium group roaming, your Staff+Scepter/Dagger conditions are just too versatile for enemies to handle most of the time. 9/10, my build wins unless i’m up against a very tanky heavy condi application build (let the 3-5min+ fights begin), a lucky/really good kiting Mesmer or fighting 2-3 people with just too much DPS/CC to mititgate.

This is because it’s very hard for enemy players to evade the massive amount of AoE bleed applications from 0-1200 range. Until they’re out of that range (running away), the necromancer’s condition damage is nullified. However for most builds this means they can’t DPS you either and because of all your healing and Wells, you’re going to be in a better spot for “round two” quicker than they will. Most cases enemies just bleed out after 30s-1min of fighting. A cleric Necro will have a harder time, asDPS is highly based on enemies sticking in Wells and within range of your non cleaving single attacks (where in a zerg this is never an issue).

@Monkeymonger:

I think the issue is that many Necro’s are approaching Healermancer from the mindset “Oh look they called for water fields, I have an awsome WoB ill place it too!!” Wrong. Necromancer healing/support isn’t about spiking off all your heals when the Commander calls for it. It’s about healing over time. Helping to heal during times when Eles have used all their water fields and your zerg and theirs have just used all their boons, conditions etc. That’s when a Healermancer “strikes” by debuffing enemy zergs, buffing allies, throwing down WoB/Transfusion/MoBs on main zerg as they struggle in melee, or throw down the same on straglers that are close to being routed. Necromancer can stay in one spot and do some amazing support, or if tough enough can meat grind with the best of them in melee (just watch out for CC).

Also MoB is highly underated. Not only is it 100% uptime, but is has very fast reapplication time which is key for support. Every 4.75ish-6 seconds you’re recasting 7 seconds or so of area Regeneration. This is very efficient in melee fights as people enter/exit the fray or get stripped of boons. By the end of a long fight you could have applied Regen to 20-30+ people and healed thousands of points worth of damage.

@Anchoku:

Great advice. I only disagree with not putting points into Blood Magic (Unless you’re not a Well build and then I would ask why aren’t you using Wells and Well traits for Healermancer but that’s another matter.) Going 30 Blood Magic gives you access to Vampiric Wells. The siphon for that trait also triggers Vampric for at least a total of 81 health with 0 healing power, per hit, per pulse.

Like I said in my earlier post but using 0 healing power, Wells hitting 5+ enemies each pulse will heal the following:

WoD: 2025 health siphon over 5 seconds.
WoC: 2025 health siphon over 5 seconds
WoP: 2025 health siphon over 5 seconds.
WoS: 2430 health sihpon over 6 seconds.
WoB: 4050 health sihpon over 10 seconds.

With 4 Wells equiped, that’s a total of 10125-10530 potential healing in a 10 second period from well siphons alone. Since you’re casting WoB too you get at least 5240 self heal. What does this mean? While blowing all your wells supporting allies in a big, long and bloody melee fight while under minimal attack yourself, you can still heal 15365-15770 of your health not counting any regeneration you may have on yourself. That’s more than most players have in health and about 75-90% of a Necro health bar. If i’m getting attacked by 5+ players/mobs on my build and drop everything, I get 16 seconds of protection, 15s area weakness, pulsing blinds on enemies, 118875 siphon from Wells, 3000 heal from Regen, 13600 from WoB mechanics for a total of 28475 self healing in 10 seconds with 32-40 second CDs on Wells to start all over again.

That’s how a Healermancer with Wells can sometimes face tank, especially massive groups of enemies, better in any content than even full support/heal Guardians. Heal for about 150% of health and mitigate damage by 50-90ish% at the same time. Just watch out for CC.

(edited by Balekai.6083)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

^ Agreed. If using a wells build, then 30 for the extra siphon pays off. I was generalizing too much. Thank you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I felt bad after reading that lol.

Dont mind the naysayers folks. We must needs build a full cleric/apothecary army. Only then will we survive those long, arduous, and grief filled laps around garri.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Commander: K drop water field please.
(eles drops water field.)
Commander: Blast guys. Let’s heal up.
(people blasts.)
Commander: WTF why aren’t I healing?
Some dude: Sir, some noob necro dropped a well of blood, and that light field covered the water field.
Commander: ***************** YOU noob necro!!!!!
(our zerg gets wiped.)
Commander: Noob necro! Give me back my legion!

T_T

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Such op healing, much power, i am the new god of death in Tyria!
/10 seconds later when the wells disappear/
Dont kill me, oh kitten im dead.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

(people blasts.)
Some dude: Sir, some noob necro dropped a well of blood, and that light field covered the water field.
(our zerg gets wiped.)

T_T

Field cannot cover another, the oldest has the priority for finishers.

I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

For all those times a troll ranger came by and dropped a water field on my fire field…. mmmhmmmmm.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

I got no clue how you guys are doing it because my first full cleric necro build drove me mad and as sepreh said, it hits like a wet mop. Now I’m running something a little more offensive with only 600+ hp with fare better results (for me).

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Necromancer

Balekai.6083

@Dalanor:

Doesn’t quite work that way Dalanor although your right in soem cases. Like When you’re alone being focused down by 7-10+ players in WvW. At first (if you even get off your wells because of enemy CC), you will withstand mysteriously for 10 seconds sometimes having 80% of your health still. Then their next salvo finishes you off. The fact is every other Necro in the game would have been dead in that 10 seconds because more than 50,000-10,0000 damage has to be done, or enough CC to keep you from using any to little skills, Wells or DS.

1-5 enemies is much more manageable and you don’t need to use all your healing at once. Enemies need to do more than your health and heals in damage every 32-40 seconds. Proper staggering of WoD, WoC, WoP and WoB can lead to 20 seconds of great damage mitigation and healing, leaving you vitually untouched with lots of regeneration to spare and up to 405 siphons when hitting toons with Marks/Area skills. That leaves another 12ish seconds before WoB comes back up (if you used it right away), where you still probably have 100% Endurance, a full Death Shroud Meter etc. If you didn’t use WoB right away because well siphons +regeneration was enough to keep you up, your not going down unless you mess up or the enemies fighting you come up with some good CC/kite/spike tactics.

So within 32 seconds your essentially at 100% health. Over that same time frame most people after using heals etc. are at 50-60% health. Fight for another 32 seconds and they’re usually running away, recovering from a far or getting ready to spike you again (this time seriously wounded). However, your Wells by that point are already coming off CD. I win or force a full run 9/10 maybe or even 19/20 1v1s in WvW and it’s a group support build. Only a few select builds (like 2-3) can kill me regularly alone. Sometimes I even take a camp and kill an invader using heal siphons off NPCs against the player im fighting. More often than not an NPC Guard gets a CC/stun in at the wrong time and messes me up though.

(people blasts.)
(our zerg gets wiped.)

T_T

Field cannot cover another, the oldest has the priority for finishers.

Yep you’re both right. If you’re going to lay a WoB do it after most/all Water fields have been placed. If you do it first there will be 10 seconds of Retaliation combos instead Healing lol. Best thing to do: Don’t use WoB when water fields are called. Use Transfusion for the pulsing 5K+, 600 radius heal that it is.

Monoman:

Yes damage can be bad even in Solder’s gear as a Wellomancer. Power doesn’t lend itself to being a sole stat like Condition Damage, let alone a sole secondary stat. It really needs at least precision to truly shine and Critical Damage to turn into outstanding DPS. If you go Power you should really be in a zerg or a medium sized/large roaming group. You’re not going to have stopping power as a Cleric Healermancer and will have to work a lot of Necro Voodoo to take someone down. Apothecary again has an easier time with 100ish tick area bleeds for damage and Staff+Scepter/Dagger allowing you to sit on Wells/Marks if you have to, while doing easy reapplied damage to anything within 900-1200 range.

in Necromancer

Rapier.3675

Such op healing, much power, i am the new god of death in Tyria!
/10 seconds later when the wells disappear/
Dont kill me, oh kitten im dead.

then u realy suck at playing … even vs stun warrior, war just gets its tail betwean his legs and flee away with low hp. thiefs strugling and hoping u untill they realize theyll die and mostly they do. only mesmers are a strugle due to clone spam and invisibility.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Woah, chillout. I just took a tiny ironic comment about, how it is a bad idea to blow all wells at the same time.

in Necromancer

Monkeymonger.9235

I’m sorry if there has been a misunderstanding. I thought Op was talking about organized groups (aka guilds). If you simply join your commander just play whatever you like.

Most of the arguments for support necro are the same as for a standard dps-well necro (like debuffing, cc, boon removal etc.). The only reliable forms of healing are
- regeneration, which is fairly weak as a hot and usually overabundant.
- transfusion, which doesn’t scale that well and already provides 3k with the 200 hp you get from blood.
- well of blood, which is gimmicky at best in group play. There are very few times when you can afford to stay in one place for more than a couple of seconds.

Compared to the loss in dps this seems like a waste to me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

Healermancer is a very situational build and is more suited in a zerg than anywhere else. I find if your running a healermancer well build you have alot more survivability than you do with alot of the other well builds. Yes it may not be the most optimal support compared to some other classes and your not going to see huge numbers but it can keep you alive better than most.

And if your dead your doing no damage at all and its better doing some damage than no damage at all if you ask me. In a decent sized zerg, having a huge attack isnt the be all and end all and it doesnt matter who it is if 30 people are all hitting every damage adds up. At the end of the day the objective is to survive the initial charge so that you still have more numbers than the enemy for the second run if needed to wipe them out.

It also depends on how you spec your trait’s on how good it can perform, Transfusion if using full clerics can get just over 5k heal for 5 members in your team which when your in the mix is nothing to complain about on top of water field heals that others can supply. Regen is over 2k with staff and with reduced cooldown you can get that off near enough every 5 seconds.

3 wells without using WoB can take my health from 60% to 100% just on the siphons alone when running into a zerg. WoB is used in the outskirts away from water fields, but with a big heal of around 6,600 and thats not even including the 700 odd pulse heals you get and then add the siphon heals. Even if you only get the big heal and one pulse thats still a total of over 7,500, add DS and your pretty much nails.

But small group or solo then I really wouldnt recommend it as that is when having more burst comes in and you need that extra damage. Where as the more numbers you have the less its about damage and the more its about surviving. Hence why its not recommended to run Zerkers when running with a huge zerg as when you meet that opposing zerg you will go down quicker than <insert rude euphemism>.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

(edited by Scarran.9845)

in Necromancer

Rapier.3675

0/10/30/30/0 is for zerg runs, while 0/10/0/30/30 works in smaller fights well with stability at every 5-7s smth like that. even 1vs1 or 1vs2 is manageable.

like many said there is no build which can defeat any other build u r fighting against.